Categories > Original > Humor > Deep Space

Can't Help Falling in Love

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Worried about what her sisters would think about her and Mark living together under fraud, Aki becomes stressed and goes out for a drink. But she has too much and phones Mark. Series 1 finale.

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor - Published: 2007-01-26 - Updated: 2007-01-26 - 1750 words - Complete

0Unrated
Can't Help Falling in Love

Aki was heading to set up her laptop when she heard a loud groan from the black and grey couch in the living room. She slowly turned behind her and walked backwards to the source of the sound. She found that the drunken man from last night was waking up. They had found this guy locked in a closet last night on the third floor of the Dark Moon House. Aki thought that he was a ghost haunting the building because he was making so much noise that carried through the pipes in the closet. She finally got Mark up and they investigated the floor. After minutes of searching, they found the poor drunk guy in the closet, drug him back to their dorm, set him on the couch, and went back to their own beds.

Aki leaned in close to get a better look at the man. He looked like a thug sleeping on the fairly new-looking couch. The smell of cheap liquor was overbearing on his clothes and breath. It was amazing that Aki wasn't put off by or fainted from the heavy and sickening stench. Lucky for her, her older sister wasn't there to see this scene. She would have a double wide cow! Come to think of it, Aki's sister would flip if she found out that she was living with a man in a joined dorm and they weren't even dating, let alone committing fraud in order to even get a dorm in the first place. But then, was a worry for another day. Aki was interrupted by from her thought when she heard another low groan. She turned her focus back to the sleeping drunk man. He then shot open his blood red eyes. The journalist became startled instantly. "HOLY CRAP!!! YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!" she shouted at the top of her lungs. The man just stared at her in pain. "Keep it down, would ya?" he asked in a strained voice. "My 'ead hurts!" Something caught Aki's attention. The man was Scottish, just like Mark, Spud, and Sick Boy. "I'm sorry." she whispered. "We found you last night in the closet on the third floor." The man froze and sat up in confusion. "Really?" he slurred out. Aki nodded in assurance. The man just paused as he tried to recollect his thoughts through the after-drunken pain.

Right then, they heard footsteps. Aki and the man turned to see Mark Renton staring at them confused. "Oh," he said at last. "He's awake." The recovering drunk man's face became bitter. "And who the hell is this?" he growled. Aki became a little nervous and said, "Don't worry, he's my boyfriend!" That really didn't do much. The man looked like he was ready to charge Mark. Aki was ready to hold him back in case the unthinkable happened. But ironically, the man sat down. Mark kept his distance just in case. The man suddenly, just smiled. The "couple" slowly relaxed. "Sorry 'bout that." the man said. "I'm Francis Begbie!" Aki stood up straight. "I'm Kimoto Aki. And this is Mark Renton." she said as she introduced herself causally. Begbie just nodded.

Once the "couple" got Begbie back to his dorm, life returned to normal. But, something was bothering Aki non-stop. What if her sisters popped around their dorm to visit? What the hell would she say to them? Begbie's visit here really opened her eyes. Oh she could see it now! They would stop by just to see how their dear sister was doing. And Aki would perk up and say:

Hey girls! It's so great to see you! I'm really doing great here at school. Oh by the way, this is my room mate Mark Renton. We committed fraud by pretending to be boyfriend and girlfriend in order to score a dorm here at the academy!

Aki shuddered in nervous fear at that little envision. Her older sister wasn't too thrilled about the idea of her keeping to Tokyo-Zion Academy for school in the first place because of its wild reputation. It took tons and tons of records just to persuade her sister to let her go. That was the only reason Aki registered to school here late. And if that was bad.... The journalist began to scream out in stress. This took oh about, uh.... a good two to three minutes. At long last, she managed to get herself calm again. She opened her thick heavy brown eyes to see Mark standing in front of her. He looked at her as if she had lost her ever-loving mind. "Oh hi, Mark." his "girlfriend" said with a nervous laugh that followed. "Are you feeling okay?" he asked out of concern. Aki paused and stared at him for a moment then said, "Yeah. I'm fine. Uh... listen. I'm going to step out for a while just to clear my head." "Okay..." Mark said uneasily. His "girlfriend" just nodded. Then, she maneuvered around him and walked out the door. Mark just kept staring after her worried.

Aki wandered around the campus for a bit. There was so much to do but she was under too much stress to do anything. The fresh air wasn't doing her any good as she had hoped it would. The journalist flopped down onto a black metal bench outside. She thought that she would faint. Aki turned her head to the sky. My how it was so blue. Instantly, the journalist regained her head. She sat up straight for a moment. "I need a drink." she said to herself. Then, Aki rose to her feet and walked over to the student bar.

To her luck it wasn't packed. In fact, the bar was just opening for business. When Aki pushed the tan bead curtain open, a warm breeze greeted her in relief. Steam fogged the ceiling to floor back mirrors. The bar tender looked up from drying the kid colored glasses. "Hello?" he asked. "You're here early..." Aki didn't care. She just didn't care! The journalist flopped down upon one of the shiny black stools. "Give me something strong!" she panted out. "But we're not ready yet." the bar tender argued. Aki looked up at him glaring coldly. "Listen dumass!!!" she shouted out. "I had a stressful time and I need a drink, NOW!!!" The bar tender became scared by her reaction. "Okay! Okay!" he whimpered in fear. Then he gave her the glass he was drying and went to the back. Aki tried to watch over the counter. The bar tender returned with a tall bottle of Shochu in his hands. Aki just about danced happily around the bar. "Fill me up!" she chirped in sweet reliving bliss. The bar tender reluctantly popped the bottle open and poured the sweet liquid into the glass. Aki drank it up quickly. "Give me another one!" she called out in bliss. The bar tender shrugged and poured her another glass.

The day passed quickly. Many customers came and went into the student bar. Aki spent most of the day and night drinking up the Shochu. She was now on her fortieth glass. The bar tender got worried about her by the time closing time came around. "Listen, I think you should go home now." he said softly. Aki looked up at him annoyed with red glassy eyes. "I want another hick drink!" she babbled out loud. The journalist tried to make a grab at the bottle but the bar tender pushed her back. "Look, just go back to your dorm now." he said calmly. "GIVE ME THE F***G BOTTLE!!!!" Aki screamed like a manic. Then she slapped the bar tender like a bitch! It would have been uglier there it if two male senior students hadn't grabbed the drunken journalist and showed her the door.

Aki swayed on the campus drunk out of her mind. She stumbled to a pay-phone on the campus, put in what she had left, dialed a random number, and held the phone to her ear. The phone rang wildly. "Hello?" Mark answered on the other end. "Hic Hi Mark!" she called out. "Aki? Is that you? Are you... drunk?" he asked in concern. "Mark!" Aki slurred out. "I ... I ... I have somthim to tel.... tel...tell you!" This made her roommate pretty nervous. "Listen, Aki. I'll come and find you..." he began to say. "No you listen! I tell you to have something!" she insisted. Mark froze for a moment. Then, he said, "Okay, what?" "Is anyone LISTENING?" Aki asked loudly. "No..." Mark said as he held the phone away from his ear. "Is anyone listening?" Aki asked again. "No..." her "boyfriend" said again. "Good!" Aki slurred again. "Here goes! Here GOES!!!" His "girlfriend" then cleared her throat loudly. She sang out in a whiny/slurred voice:

"Wise men say

Only fools rush in

But I can't help

Falling in love with you

Wise men say

Only fools rush in

But I can't help

Falling in love with you

Shall I stay

Would it be a sin

If I can't help

Falling in love with you

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling so it goes

Some things are meant to be

Take my hand

Take my whole life too,

For I can't help

Falling in love with you"

Mark was really put off by these words. Pleased surprised, but strongly put off! "Okay," he said uncomfortably. "Don't go anyway. I'll come out there and look for you. You hear me?" But all the guy received was silence. Mark quickly hung up the phone and rushed out of the dorm.

Moments later, Mark found Aki passed out in from of the pay phone. He sighed in annoyance. Then, her "boyfriend" picked her up and started dragging her back to the dorm.

The next day, Aki was perfectly well enough to attend classes. She didn't remember anything about last night. Besides, she didn't really make a fool out of herself. Or so she believed. Aki made it to the elevator just before it closed and stepped inside. She found Spud and Sick Boy heading to class as well. When they saw her, they just smirked. Sick Boy was trying not to laugh. Aki turned to the boy suspiciously. "What?" she asked in curiosity. Sick Boy turned back to her and sang in a low voice:

"Wise men say

Only fools rush in

But I can't help

Falling in love with you"

Bai-Bai (For Now!)
Sign up to rate and review this story