Categories > Cartoons > Biker Mice from Mars

A BIKER'S CHRISTMAS CAROL

by SantaBear3337 0 reviews

A Disney Classic done Biker Mice Style enjoy

Category: Biker Mice from Mars - Rating: G - Genres: Parody - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-01-27 - Updated: 2007-01-27 - 7031 words

0Unrated
A Biker's Christmas Carol


A BIKER'S CHRISTMAS CAROL

A BIKER'S CHRISTMAS CAROL
TAWNY MACCLOUD
COPYRIGHT NOV.30 2099
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED!


It was Christmas Eve and though every one else would be home the next morning, one lowly mouse, a father of four children, two boys and two girls, was to report to work the next morning instead of spending it with his family. The counting house where Sandstone Ashston Cratchetston worked was just as cold as outside, so he decided to put an extra large piece of coal on the fire to warm up the counting house and thaw out the ink and ledger and himself. Just as Sandstone Cratchetston was about to put an extra large piece of coal into the stove to thaw out the ink and ledger, the door to the counting house burst open and his boss, a black 7"19' male mouse named Matthias McDonaldston stood in the door way.

Matthias sees the extra large piece of coal in Sandstone's hand and says: Cratchetston,what do you think you're doing with that jumbo piece of coal in your hands?

Sandstone: I-I was just trying to thaw out the ink and the pages of the ledger sir. It's colder than the North Pole in here and the ink is frozen solid,as am I.

Matthias smacks the piece of coal out of Sandstone's hand and says: Bahh! You used a piece of coal last week! What are you trying to do? Raise tomatoes?

Sandstone: N-no sir, it's chilly in here and I thought that with a little heat, the ink well and ledger would thaw out.(To himself)/ God they were right when I first started to work as his clerk, they told me he was a miser. Man its FREEZING COLD in here and he wants to know if I'm trying to raise tomatoes? May as well freeze here and thaw out at home./

Matthias: Never mind! Now get back to work

Sandstone climbs up the ladder to sit on his chair and says with teeth chattering from the cold air: Y-yes sir. Uhh s-sir,t-tomorrow is C-Christmas and I w-was w-wondering if I c-could have.......half a d-d-day off.

Matthias: So what? So tomorrow's christmas day, big fat hairy deal! So whaddya want me to do about it, cry?

Sandstone: N-no sir, I would just like half a day off to be with my family. For once in a blue moon, I'd like to be home with my wife and children.

Matthias: Alright, but you'll be docked half a days pay. Let's see I pay you two gold shillings a day.

Sandstone: two shillings and six hayfennies sir.

Matthias: Oh yes I gave you that raise five years ago for doing my laundry and cleaning my house, so docked half of that for your half day off you'll get one shilling and two hayfennies. But you're to report here at 5 a.m. the next morning to make up for the half day off that you had.

Sandstone: Yes sir.

Matthias grabs a sack up off the floor and throws it at Sandstone saying: Oh and here's another bundle of clothes for you to do to earn those hayfennies.

Sandstone catches the sack and says: Yes sir, they'll be done as soon as possible. (Thinks to himself)/ Huh,more dirty laundry for Cailtin to do and she's expecting another baby soon and shouldn't have to do this much work in her condition! She could miscarry or even worse,go into premature labour and have the baby earlier than anticipated!/

A few moments later,Matthias's nephew,Anthony,burst into the Counting House brimming with Christmas Cheer.

Anthony: Merry Christmas!

Sandstone: And a Merry Christmas to you too Anthony!

Anthony: Where is my uncle Matthias? I want to invite him to Christmas Dinner if he'll come at all! He'll probably give the same excuese that he can't eat what we're having for dinner just so that he can spend christmas day counting his gold. Walks over to Matthias's office door and knocks on it.

Matthias hears a knock at the door and says: Who is it? Oh its you nephew. What're you doing here? 'Tis a work day you know!

Anthony: Merry Christmas you old humbug

Matthias: And a Bah Hum Bug to you! I'll tell you what Christmas is, it's just another work day and any jackenegg who thinks else should be boiled in his own pudding!

Anthony: Ohhh, jesus not again! (Turns to Sandstone and says) I seriously pity you, working for a grouch like him when I know of a job that pays more than you make here in a year! How does eighteen thousand nine hundred and nintynine gold shillings and sixty seven hayfennies sound to you? No working fees to pay at all and the guy will even give you extra money because of the medical fees that you need to pay for your daughter Noelle to be in and out of the hospital in her condition.

Sandstone: Sounds great! Where do I go for the job? I could use eighteen thousand nine hundred and nintynine gold shillings and sixty seven hayfennies. With all that money, the kids would have decent beds to sleep in,new clothes and shoes to wear, there'd be a new nursery set for the baby that's on the way and a great big Christmas dinner for the family to eat!But Mr.Mac Donaldston, isn't it your intent to work on christmas? That theory is the dumest thing I've heard in my entire life!

Matthias: Aye you keep christmas in your way and I'll keep it in mine!

Anthony pulls out a contract and says: Just sign on the dotted line and you automatically get your first christmas bonus right off the bat! (Hands Sandstone his pen and waits while he throughly reads the contract through and reads the fine print before signing his name on the bottom line and says to his uncle) Oh Come on! Quit being a miser! Grow up and act your age instead of your shoe size! You were never this way! (Takes the contract away from Sandstone and hands him a huge bag of gold shillings and a red velvet bag full of hayfennies and says) I hear that you have a degree in Bakery and Accounting so I want you to work for my father at his bakery as head chef! What I gave you is the sign on bonus and christmas bonus all at the same time. It should help you get the things you need for your family. I hate to see one of my students go with out the food she needs to survive on.

Sandstone: Thanks! I'll start right after Christmas or no wait, Caitlin's due to go into labor pretty soon so I want to be there for this child so I'll start right after New Years!

Anthony: Great to have you on board Sandstone old buddy.

Matthias: Aye you keep christmas in your way and I'll keep it in mine!

Sandstone: McDonaldston, Christmas is a time for giving, a time for sharing, a time to be with one's family! As to which I have not done since my daughter Noelle was born. If I remember correctly, while my wife was in labor I was sitting on this very chair staring at this stupid ledger that I am very well tempted to use as a source of fuel for the fire to warm this place up! I almost never got to see Holly when she was born since you called child protection services and stated that I was an ill equipped father who had more children than I could feed! Not only did the health services tell you that you had no other option but to raise my pay, but they also told you that it was not my fault my kids rarely ate but it was your fault that they go to bed with empty stomachs and Noelle goes to bed each night with a fever and feeling too weak to get up from the lack of food on the table. After Christmas you can come and get your laundry and do it yourself! I no longer work here any more! With the money Anthony's father has given me, my family will no longer freeze at night or starve! I was offered a job as head chef and accountant and the pay is more than satisfactory! I have already signed the contract and I start right after New Years Day! You will have to find some other Lackey to do your laundry for you!

Matthias: And I say Bah Hum Bug! Those rug rats of yours oughtta be taken away from you along with the one that is on its way! Why should you keep them? You can't afford to feed or clothe them.

Anthony: I don't care I say Merry Christmas! MERRY CHRISTMAS! Its people like you who ruin christmas for others like Sandstone here who has a sick daughter at home and can't afford to feed her properly so that she won't get worse and die. How would you like it if you were in his shoes and you had children to feed and one of them required proper nutrition but you couldn't afford to give her the nutritious food that she needs to survive huh? With what you pay him, he's lucky that he takes anything home after you take out what want! Look at his clothes for the bloody love of god! He can't even afford to buy his family new clothes so he has to dress his two daughters in the clothes that his two sons out grow! His wife is expecting a new baby and she can barely make ends meet as a seamstress! Her boss is just like you! A miserable miser consumed by greed and thinks of no one but herself!

Sandstone clapping his hands in approval: Well said Anthony!

Matthias turns and says sharply to Sandstone: Cratchetston, What the hell are you doing?

Sandstone snaps back saying: What does it look like I'm doing? I'm clapping my hands because Anthony hit the nail right on the head! You have piles and piles of gold that you horde all to your self and no one else can have it but you! The rest of the world can go to hell for all you care! And if you don't like what I just said then I know that I've hit the nail right on the head and spoke the truth.

Matthias still in denial about Sandstone and Anthony spilling the truth says to Sandston: Cratchetston! Do you still want this job as your only means of employment until after the holidays or shall I terminate you immediately?

Sandstone: Of course I still want this job! What Anthony gave me won't last over the holidays with bills to pay, groceries to get, beds to have made, clothes to buy for the kids and things for the nursery and repairs on the house.

Matthias: Well then I suggest that you get back to work! Or else I'll terminate your position now with no pay!

Sandstone turns back around to stare at the wall since he couldn't do anything with the ledger since it was frozen and waits for 7'o clock to come so that he could go home, pick up Holly and head to Church before it was too late.

7:00 p.m. church bells start ringing out the hour and Sandstone carefully gets down off his high stool and puts his hat,coat,scarf and mitts on then grabs the bag of laundry and leaves the counting house to go home,drop off the newest load of laundry and pick up his little Christmas Angel who was waiting for him to get home so they could arrive at church early enough so that they could get good seats.

Sandstone braced against the strong cold wind that was blowing sees a small familiar figure coming towards him and calls out: Holly? Holly honey what are you doing out here angel? It's ten below zero and you know it's much warmer in the house than it is out here! You could hit a patch of hidden ice and injure yourself badly! Now come on precious, into the house while daddy warms up and sorts the laundry.

Holly struggles to keep from falling down on the slippery cement and says: I was waiting for you pappa. We've church to attend tonight to make up for missing mass last night.

Sandstone sets the bag of laundry down and scoops up his sick daughter crutch and all before she fell saying: No sweetie, you know I don't want you outside when it's dark out! Please,stay inside until I arrive home! That way I won't worry about wether or not you're safe and sound. (Picks up the bag of laundry and continues up the path towards his small humble home where he is instantly greeted by his other daughter and two sons while his wife was busy cooking their meager meal and sets Holly down on her feet propping her up with her well worn crutch saying) Now go and sit at the dinner table while I sort through this laundry,then we'll be off to church.

Holly slowly makes her way over to the dinner table where her older brother Jed, picked her up and sat her on her chair to wait for her father while he sorted through the laundry and went to the bathroom. At five minutes past seven she reminded her father that they'd be late saying: Pappa!,we'll be late for church! It's five after seven! Mass starts in thirty minutes and the wind is blowing hard and it's dark outside and the snow is really blowing around out there!

Sandstone puts the last load of white clothing into the large black cauldron,looks up at the only heir loom from his wife's family and says: You're right Angel,we will be late for church if we don't hurry! (Slips his jacket,scarf,hat and mitts back on,goes over to the table,picks Holly up and says) Just so we won't be even later,I'll carry you to and from church,that way you won't slip and fall. (Walks over to the door opens it and slips out into the cold winter night and says to Holly) Are you sure that you're warm enough my little Angel? It's below zero out here and I don't want you to get any sicker than what you are right now.

Holly turns her head and coughs then says: I'm fine Pappa. Perfectly warm,mother made sure to dress me warmly for the trip to and from church.

As Sandstone and Holly made their way down the street to church, the wind that had been blowing something fierce, grabbed ahold of poor Holly's hat and blew it off her head and dropped it in the middle of the road where Sandstone's father came to his grand child's rescue,picking up her hat and bringing it to over to where she and her father stood bracing against the strong December wind.

Adam scoops up Holly's cap and comes across the street tailed by his wife and says: Hi sweet heart! Nice to see you up and on yer feet again! How ya feelin since you were sick these past few days? Oh here's your cap back! (Watches as Sandstone carefully lowers Holly down on her feet so his father could place the cap back on her head and says) Here ya go,here's your cap back. Now how's about a hug for your ol' granpa?

Holly leans against her grandfather for support and gives him a tight hug then hugs her granmother and leans back on to her crutch and walks back to her father who picks her up and puts her back on his shoulder and hands him her crutch saying: I still have a bad cough,but I feel better.

Adam: Good! That's what I wanna here this close to yer birthday! Where's the rest of your kids son?

Sandstone adjusts Holly's weight and says: Oh,they've already been to church earlier while I was at work. Holly and I are the only two that haven't been there yet. We had to miss four days because Holly was sick with the flu. (Starts walking again continuing to speak with his father) I wasn't sure if she was going to make it because of her fever,but she pulled through at the last moment and she's gained a bit of weight since the last time you seen her and I can feel it! I carry her so she won't slip,fall and break her crutch which is her only means of getting around. She can't walk without it anymore,when she hurt her leg,she was warned that the injured leg wouldn't heal properly if she didn't stay off it. She did but now with the lack of money coming in, she's getting colds faster than I can pay off the doctor for treating her. I was offered a new job as a baker and accountant to work for Anthony and his father.

Serenity congratulates her son on a new job for the new year saying: That's wonderful Sandstone honey! Now you'll have more money coming in so you won't have to worry about not being able to put any food on the table because of the mounting medical bills. (Hears the church bells ringing and says) Well we'd better get a move on or we'll loose our seats in church!

Sandstone nods in agreement and says to Holly: Hold on to your hat honey,we'll be at church in a few minutes. (Picks up a reasonable amount of speed and in no time flat they were at the doors of the church where he sets Holly down on her feet propping her up with her crutch greeting their pastor as they made their way to their regular seats the pastor quickly made his way to the front of the church to start the evening mass as Sandstone says to Holly in a hushed voice) Can you get up by yourself Holly?

Holly slips off the pew and says: No,I can't get up!

Sandstone leans down and picks Holly up and sits her on his lap saying: Brrr,don't take your coat off honey,the church isn't that warm. Best stay bundled up until we get home after mass. (Remembers that he had to pick up the christmas feast and says) But first we have to go to the butcher before he closes,so we'll leave mass earlier than usual so we can get something for dinner.

Holly nods and snuggles up closer to her father who was warmer than she was and says: Alright,but then we have to pick up my new crutch that's waiting to be paid for.

Sandstone nods and says: Yes,now shhh. The mass is starting.

An hour later,twenty minutes before mass was officially over,Sandstone quietly stood up, picked up Holly and her crutch, then as the final hym was being sung, Sandstone quietly made his way out of the church and sat Holly down and propped her up with her crutch so they could get to the butcher for their christmas dinner,then to the carver for the beds and Holly's new stronger crutch before her old one snapped in half. While Sandstone went into the butchers shop,Holly went to the next shop to pick up and pay for her new crutch with her own money. Once Holly's new crutch was paid for and her old one was donated to charity,she made her way to the door that a customer waiting to go in held open for her and went to the next store which was the Butcher's Shop and waited for her father to come out so they'd be on their way home to eat supper on time so she could have her hot bath and get ready for bed and finish mending her brother Jed's shirt so it'd be ready for him to wear to bed.

Sandstone comes out of the butcher's shop with a large wagon that was full except for a spot large enough for Holly to sit in and says: Here Holly,get into the wagon and I'll pull you and the food home to make the trip faster.

Holly nods and allows her father to pick her up and sit her into the spot that was the right size for her then drapes a blanket that the butcher's wife had given him,over top of Holly's legs to keep them warm then lays her crutch in beside her as she says: This spot is just the right size for me to fit into. Not too crowded and not too cramped. There's plenty of leg space so my legs won't go numb and fall asleep.

Sandstone carefully lays the blanket over top of Holly's legs and says: Good! Now then,lets get home before it gets any darker than what it already is. You stil have to finish mending Jed's night shirt so that he can have it to wear to bed tonight. On top of that,you have to finish mending Christopher's dress pants for Christmas morning mass. There's still that abnoxious hole in the pant leg that won't stay stiched closed. He's counting on you to have his pants fixed so he can wear them. (Begins walking and pulling the wagon saying) Don't want Chris to go with out his good pants now do we?

Holly: I already fixed Christopher's pants and they're draped over the back of the chair in his and Jed's bedroom waiting to be worn. I used fishing line to sew the tear closed and it shouldn't come open again and I've already mended Jed's socks before you came home from work. The only thing that needs finishing is the new christmas dress I've been working on for Stacey to wear to Charlotte and Mina's combined christmas party next week. I just need to finish sewing on the last yard of ribbon before I tie the bows and sew them to the fabric to finish it off. Stacey's already tried it on and it fits her perfectly. (Heaves a tired yawn and says) Ohh,I'm so tired from all that work I did today,I could fall asleep right here right now.

Sandstone glances over his shoulder at Holly and says: Try and fight your tiredness Holly,if you fall asleep out here, you won't wake up. Try and fight your sleepiness until we get home. It won't be long now sweetie,just a few more blocks and then we'll be home and we'll be able to sit down and eat a decent meal for once and you can go upstairs and see what I ordered and had delivered for you to sleep on tonight.

A few minutes later,Sandstone,pulling the sleigh with Holly in it arrived home and was greeted by his two sons who came out to help bring in their sister and the sleigh that was full of food.

Jed lifts Holly up out of the sleigh then picks up her crutch and carries her into the house saying: Try not to fall asleep outside Holly. Don't wanna loose you sooner than necessary.

Holly yawns and stretches saying: I'm trying not to fall asleep but I'm so tired from getting up earlier than usual and finishing all that work with no nap inbetween. I'm begining to find that it's harder than I thought to stay awake,but I'm fighting hard to keep from falling asleep.

Jed: Yeah well,you eat supper then get bathed and into bed so you can get some sleep. You and I are in the same boat,neither one of us has been feeling very well and we're both exhausted. (Enters the house and walks over to Holly's chair where he sat her down before his weakened body collapsed under Holly's weight saying) Well here ya go Holly,back where you started from in a nice warm cozy home. Let me take your coat and hat so I can hang them up.

Holly removes her hat,scarf and coat and hands them to Jed who hangs them up saying: Ohh,I can hardly wait for dinner tonight! I'm so hungry, I could eat the table!

Sandstone pulls the sleigh of food into the kitchen saying: Well,you will just have to be paitent a little while longer Holly. Your mother needs to throughly cook this big Chicken before we can even think of eating it,so she just put the Chicken into the roasting pit and is slowly roasting it now so it'll be awhile longer before we can eat the chicken. Since you are hungry,why don't you eat a few vegetables? Here, have a vegetable salad. (Sets a plate of vegetables infront of Holly and says) Eat up,you need all the vitamins and minerals your body can absorb. I don't want you and Jed to go to bed with empty stomach's tonight so promise me that you'll eat at least three servings of everything? Jed? Holly?

Holly hears her stomach growl rather loudly and says: Fine with me, I can handle three servings of everything. (Polishes off her plate of vegetables and says) Lets start with another serving of vegetable salad!

Jed takes Holly's plate and fills it with more fresh vegetables and fruits saying: This'll be a fruit and vegetable salad! Yeah sure, I can eat three servings of each.

Caitlin comes over to the table with the freshly roasted chicken and says: Well,dinner's ready. Christopher and Stacey,time for dinner you two. Come and get it while it's still hot.

Christopher comes out of the den and into the kitchen with Stacey riding on his shoulders,walks over to the table and takes his sister down from his shoulders setting her down on her chair saying: Mmm,what's for dinner?

Caitlin heaves a sigh of relief and says: Roast Chicken,your favourite Chris. There's lots of fruits and vegetables to go with this delicious chicken,including Mashed Potatoes.

Once everyone was settled down,the small family of six said a silent prayer of thanks then waited while their father cut the chicken and served it up on plates with fruits,vegetables and mashed potatoes and handed each child a plate with three slices of chicken and a bowl of numerous vegetables and fruits. Three hours later,with full stomachs that still had room for the grand finale,the four children waited while their mother sliced a delicious four layer chocolate fudge cake, put each piece on a plate and placed a scoop of ice cream ontop then handed them out to her husband and children until she herself took the last piece of cake for herself and her unborn baby. As each family member ate their slice of cake,a feeling of fullfillment and contentment settled over them until at long last the clock struck ten and the four children piled their dished onto the center of the table,wiped their mouths on their napkins, stood up and one by one kissed their parents goodnight and headed off to bed.

Jed goes around to Holly's chair,picks her up and carries her around to their mother and kissed her cheek saying: Night mom

Holly leans down and kisses her mother's cheek and hugs her saying: You coming in to brush my hair out?

Caitlin heaves a sigh and says: Tell you what I'll do, I'll let you two stay up a bit later than usual to help with the dishes and clearing the table. Then I'll be in to brush out and braid your hair for you and Stacey. How's that sound? Is that fair enough?

Holly: Sure,I don't mind helping to clear the table and do the dishes.

Jed sets Holly down on the floor and props her up with her crutch saying: Chris and Stacey will clear the table while you and mom wash the dishes while dad and I put them away. This way,things will go a whole lot faster.

As Caitlin,Holly,Jed and Sandstone started to wash the dishes that were already soaking in the wash pan,Stacey and Christopher were quickly clearing off the table,scraping the dishes and handing them over to their sister and mother to be washed and passed on to Jed and Sandstone. Twenty minutes later,after all the dishes were washed and put away and the table was cleared off with a new clean table cloth,Stacey,Christopher,Holly and Jed all headed back to their bedrooms. While Holly waited for her mother to come and help her and Stacey bath,Stacey got out a clean pair of pyjamas for herself and a clean pair for Holly along with underpants and undershirts. Finally after a brief rest,Caitlin and Sandstone came in with two buckets of water in each hand and dumped them into the tub until it was full enough to bathe two young girls with.

Caitlin watches as her husband takes the four empty pails in one hand and sets two pails full of rinse water down on the ground then leaves shutting the door turns and says: Alright you two,lets get these dresses and underthings off you so you can have your bath and get into bed for the night. (Helps Holly and Stacey remove their dresses and undergarments then helps Holly into the tub then picks up a small pail of water from the tub and pours it over Holly's head then picks up the shampoo and squeezes some into the palm of her hand and begins to work it into Holly's hair right down to the scalp and root being sure that every last strand both ontop and under Holly's hair was mixed into the later,then after scrubbing her daughter's hair,she picked up another bucket of water and poured it over Holly's head while she rinsed her hair out. Then she proceeded to later her daughter's fur with soap and begain using the scrub brush to scrub her fur until it shone,then rinsed her daughter off and told her to sit tight while she washed Stacey's hair and fur then she'd help them out of the tub. Finally five minutes later after Stacey's hair and fur were rinsed and clean,their mother got up,went over to the clothes line and plucked Holly's jumbo purple bath towel and Stacey's jumbo pink towel off the line and walked back over to the tub where Stacey got out first so that Holly could get out last since their mother needed help in keeping Holly on her feet. After Stacey got out and wrapped her towel around her body,she helped her mother with helping Holly get out of the tub. After Holly was out of the tub,she began to brush out her daughter's fur all the way around until it was nice,smooth and shining. Then she moved onto Holly's hair that she brushed out then braided into one long french braid down her back and wound her elastic around the end and told her to get ready for bed while she brushed Stacey's fur and hair out and braided it into two french braided pigtails that she soon had wound into one long braid that was quickly tied back. Getting up,she walked over to the door and waited until her daughters were dressed before calling Jed and Chris into remove the tub of dirty water to empty out in the street. Then after the tub was taken and emptied out in the back yard,Caitlin leaned over her two daughters and tucked the blanket up around them and began reading them their favourite bed time story until they were sound asleep. Easing up out of her chair,she leaned down and kissed Stacey and Holly's heads then sat the book in the chair and left the bedroom to go back out to the living room where Sandstone waited,eased down into her favourite oversized chair and asked) How's Jed doing? He nearly collapsed when he carried Holly in from outside. I'm getting worried about him honey, Jed's not getting any better nor is he getting any stronger. Christopher and Stacey are doing just fine but I'm more concerned about Jed and Holly, they're not getting stronger as the days go on. I'm afraid that we may wake up one morning and find Jed passed on in his sleep during the night.

Sandstone sinks back into his chair and heaves a sigh saying: That my dear, is my worst nightmare. Jed wasn't supposed to live to be seventeen, according to the docotor he was supposed to have died the year Holly and Stacey were born. I would hate to be awakened by Christopher with the news that Jed's dead, but if he does go at least it'll be while he slept. He's hung on this long for Holly's sake not for his own health,but for his sister who he knew needed him the most to look out for her and sand down her crutch when it got to be too rough on the hands. So far Jed's managed to escape getting sick and he's lucky, if he were to come down with something; it could end his winning streak of good health. As for us my darling, shall we go to bed? You seem to be tired beyond belief and carrying our fifth and sixth child around isn't exactly giving you extra energy.

Caitlin: Yes I am exhausted. Having two sick children and two more on the way isn't easy on me. Let's go to bed earlier than usual tonight. The kids are already sound asleep. (Holds her hand out and says) Help me up m'dear?

Sandstone gets up out of his chair and goes over to help his wife up out of hers then goes about extinguishing the lights until all the candles were out and the fire in the fire place had been put out with sand then went to bed for the night.

Sometime during the night,Jed Cratchetston passed on in his sleep unable to continue his battle to keep alive but kick started himself when his spirit walked over to Holly's bed and seen how small she really was then decided it wasn't his time to leave and went back to his empty shell of a body causing Holly to awaken,push her covers back,get out of bed and walk over to his side of the room with her crutch firmly in place to see if he was alright.

Holly quietly slips over to Jed and Christopher's side of the room and checks on Jed saying: /Jed? Jed are you alright? You're not breathing!/

Jed coughs sharply then wakes up to come face to face with his sister and says in a low voice:/ Holly? Holly what're you doing up at this hour of the night? You should be in bed sleeping, not up wondering around the floor!// /(Flings his covers back and slowly gets up out of bed saying) C'mon and I'll tuck you back into bed./ (Ushers his little sister back over to her side of the room then says) Into bed Holly, I mean it! I don't want to wake up and come face to face with you again until it's time to get up! You know I have trouble breathing, I sometimes stop breathing for a few minutes then I always start up again! There's nothing to worry about, you'll know when the time comes and I move on to another life. (Watches as Holly leaned her crutch up against the nightstand then slid into bed and tucked the covers snuggly around her and said) /Now straight to sleep before father comes in! I myself am not supposed to be out of bed in my condition at night! Now please straight to sleep alright?

Holly nestles back against her pillow and allows Jed to tuck her back into bed saying: Alright Jed.(Gets a tight hug from Jed who went back to his side of the room and climbed back into bed and fell asleep.)

Meanwhile in Sandstone and Caitlin's room, Sandstone had awakened with a pit feeling in his stomach,slid out of bed and went to the room his four children shared two on each side then opened the door to find all four children sound asleep in their own beds and went directly over to Jed's bed to check on him only to find him still breathing and very warm and sweaty then tucked the covers up around his throat,dropped a kiss on his bangs and went over to Holly and Stacey's side of the room to check on Holly who was also sound asleep and adjusted her blankets to keep her warm then kissed the back of her head,left the bedside and went back to his room and went back to bed where he instantly fell asleep. While Sandstone and his family slept peacefully throughout the night, one person was not going to be sleeping very well that night. That person was Matthias McDonaldston who was about to get an unexpected visit from a long dead friend.

A.J. slips in through the walls and calls out:/ Matthias! MATTHIAS!/

Matthias awakens and sits up with a jolt calling out: Who-who's there? Show yourself!

A.J. materializes at the foot of Matthias's bed and says:/ Matthias McDonaldston, heed my warning you have but five chances to change your ways or you will end up like your partner and my brother who wears chains for all eternity only your chains will be much much heavier than Corrin's chains will ever be! He wasn't as bad as you are! Now heed my warning Matthias!/

Matthias rubs his eyes and says: A-A.J.? Is that truly you I see? I haven't seen you since you were murdered five years ago today! What do you mean by I have but five chances to turn myself around or I'll wind up like Corrin?! Explain yourself Aaron!

A.J.:/ Let me put it to you in terms you can understand Matthias! A man has four children, two of whom are very ill and his family suffers everynight from hunger because of the small meager meals that he brings home each night./

Matthias: And that's supposed to affect me how AJ?

A.J.:/ This man works to support his family and try to pay off as much of the medical expenses that his son and daughter accumulate because they can't afford the operation that would make a difference in their lives because he doesn't get paid enough. This my dear friend is where you come in or should have come in, as for now I have to leave you for your first visitor will come at the stroke of eleven! Farewell and may god have mercy on your soul i f you do not turn your self around after each visit./ (Vanishes and is instantly replaced by a spirit)

Spirit of Christmas Past tosses back his hood and says: Up and at 'em! Time to get going! I only have forty five minutes so let's get a move on! Time's a wastin!

Matthias scrambles out of bed and hurridly throws his robe on saying: Who're you to boss me like this? Just where are we goin?

Spirit of Christmas Past: I'm your worst night mare and lets leave it at that. We're goin on a fortyfive minute cruise back in time to the olden days of your youth! Now better sheild your eyes 'cause the light will be intense! (Pulls up his hood and waits while the light took them back sixty years then says) Alright you can look now, the light's gone. Recognize where we are or do you need a refresher course on Geography?

Matthias looks around and says: Why this is the stock house where I used to work for O'Leaningston! The only man who would give me a second look then a job! Why'd you bring me here?

Spirit of Christmas Past: Very good! You know where you are! Do you recognize that guy in the corner sweet talking the brunette?

Matthias: That's me and my first love Alyssa. We were to be married the following year at the church down the street.

Spirit of Christmas Past fast forwards two years after the marriage then says: Do the surroundings look familiar to you?

Matthias: Why this is my shipping and recieving office! Why're we here?

Spirit of Christmas Past: Paitence is a virture,good things come to he who waits. Ahh there we are right on time! This was supposed to be the year that you and Alyssa finally had the chance to be married the way you promised her you'd be. But instead of getting maried the way you promised her you would, you turned around and broke her heart by selling the honeymoon cottage that had been in her family for centuries! After that you never seen or heard from Alyssa again.

Matthias: The next I heard she'd passed on in childbirth due to complications that were a result of negligence on the part of the doctor and midwife who waited too long to stop the bleeding after the baby was born. Why do you torture me with these memories?

Spirit of Christmas Past adjusts his hood and says: Hey these aint my memories, their yours! The ones that you repressed so far down that you became bitter! Don't blame me for the mistakes that you made, I can't change what happens here, what has been done has been done! It's a done deal! (Hears his alarm going off and says) Well catch ya on the flip side,gotta go! Time's up! The next visitor will be here shortly after I leave!








Sign up to rate and review this story