Categories > Games > Silent Hill > Story's End

Story Time

by AnarchicQ 0 reviews

Compleate:: A final moment of storytime from one Patient of Brookhaven to another...Art of Moroi can be found at anarchicq.deviantart.com

Category: Silent Hill - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters:  Stanley Coleman - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2005-05-06 - Updated: 2005-05-06 - 839 words

0TrainWreck
/DISCLAIMER/: I don't own Silent Hill. A shame, huh...because it rocks. Moroi Kagyuu(Delicate Snail), however, belongs to me. Yes, I realize she has a Japanese name. There's a reason, which might be clarified later...Enjoy!

Story Time

A Silent Hill fic by Q

Leisure time was all fine and good to little Snailgirl. She absorbed it voraciously. This was when she could talk and play with the other like minded individuals here. This was one of the few times she need not depend on her own mind. Good time indeed.

Chipperly, the young girl skipped over to one of the patients. He sat in a cushioned chair, easy and legs crossed indian style. He heard the tell-tale slap of bare, skipping skin along the tile, and glanced up.

"Moroi." He smiled at the young girl, scaresely sixteen, yet much more cherub faced. The asian girl skid on her foot-soles over to her friend, promptly falling backwards on her rear at his feet. The icy chill of the tiles leeched through the thin hospital issue pants and absorbed into her thighs and seat.

The Girl's friend then nodded to the absent space at her left. "And Growl." He said, acknowledging Moroi's imaginary monster friend, whom she swore to death that followed her around night and day. Mister Chair-sitter turned his eyes back to the young girl at his feet. "I suppose you want-"

Moroi eagerly cut him off, a childlike smile on her lips. "We want to hear another story! A story about the Princess of your Heart." Moroi pointed squarely at her friend's chest.

But the stories of his Princess didn't help his situation, and quite the contrary, worsened his stay here. Mention of Her tended to send him into violent fits. He had been in solitary confinement for quite a while do to his last tirade...If the nurses found out he was talking of Her again-...

The man glanced furtively to the nurses station, licking his dry lips in slow apprehension.

"I can't."

Moroi smiled, her honey coloured eyes bright with encouragement and child-like innocence. "Yes you can." The young japanese patient folded down her two middle fingers, erecting the pointer and pinky, before stretching out her arm.

"The Snail will protect you!" She wiggled her pointer and pinky fingers, which served as the snail's antennae. The wiggling served to give the 'Snail' a grand, playful and carefree personality.

The man sighed, but could never resist the lure of the Snail. Something about Moroi's useless snail shadow puppets and gestures usually got to most the patients here. The snail truly was a saint amongst the sanitarium. No one would dare hurt the Snail.

"Alright. I've never actually seen this wonderful woman," His voice melted like burnt satin. Was that why he liked Moroi so? She gave him a reason to hear the grandness of his own voice. Also, she asked about the wonderful fantasy of Her. But above all, she cared. She listened. "yet I know that she is a genuine Goddess amongst women. Soft, and kind, and strong. She was made for me." He sneered, swatting at a thought as if were an insignificant insect. "Oh, she might not pay me mind yet, but soon. You see, little girl, the day will come when she comes to my door, glowing like the mother of God, and I will give her a bouquet of my plastic tidings to her."

His nails dug into the chairs arms.

"And we will create a Paradise with our love! Our pure, inebriated one-ness. She is cruel, yet fair. The Powers in her eyes are unmatched ever! I bring her favors and she plucks them up with an embarrassed blush, a halo of creation and adoration. Because No one's ever-...Ever loved her like I do- Like I could! She will see that. Even now I know that she is coming ever closer. Closer, child! and she'll set me free. set us all free! Won't that be nice?! SO NICE!!"

Moroi quickly touched the antennae to his brow, which instantly calmed him. If the nurses had heard how loud he was progressively getting, they'd take him away again, and then she'd have to tell herself stories. And that was dull.

"...so nice..." He purred. "Soon, Moroi. She'll free us."

As if courteously waiting for him to end his tale, a voice now crackled over the speaker, filling the cool air of the recreation room with its patronizing tone. "Medication time! Line up for Medication time!"

Moroi smiled, pushing herself to her feet. Placing her hands strictly at her sides, the young girl bent, offering a small bow of appreciation, causing her chin length, raven hair to fall about her cheeks, before she righted herself, then waved brightly at him with a flailing snail.

"Come on Growl, time for treats!" Her un-snailed hand griped air, and she turned, skipping to the nurses station. Glancing over her shoulder, she called to the storyteller.

"Thank you for the story, Mr. Coleman."

June 26th '04
Sign up to rate and review this story