Categories > Cartoons > Biker Mice from Mars

Modo's Best Birthday Gift

by SantaBear3337 0 reviews

This story is for all you Modo fans out there who recall what his favourite comic strip was in his younger years and serves as a means of answering questions as to how Kristin and Alex know what th...

Category: Biker Mice from Mars - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-01-31 - Updated: 2007-01-31 - 6942 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: The author doesn't own the biker mice or make a profit off of them in anyway. This story is pure fiction and has been copyrighted by the author. The other characters other than the biker mice that are portrayed in this story DO NOT EXIST but are a product of the author's imagination and should not be used with out her permission. Now that that's over on to the story. ENJOY and feel free to tell the author whatcha think of her story.
Author's Note: This story is for all you Modo fans out there who recall what his favourite comic strip was in his younger years and serves as a means of answering questions as to how Kristin and Alex know what their father's favourite comic strip was! This is sort of a flash back story from a story called "The Begining" which is still in progress.

Modo's Best Birthday Gift
Kristin and Alexander Maverick
COPY RIGHTED 2000-3000
All Characters Other then the Original
Biker Mice and Original Mighty Ducks Characters Belong to the writers.

Flashback ten years ago on Sunset Hill infront of the Gates of Time

Modo glances at the gates of time then back at Kristin and says: It's time for you to leave now isn't it? The war's over and your parents will be arriving to take you back home right?

Kristin nods and says: Yeah the war's finally over and it's safe to go back home, our parents are waiting for us to arrive home safely. It's been a long hard fought battle but peace has finally settled in back home and it's now safe for us kids to return to our lives again.

Vinnie: So when'll we see you guys again?

Alex: Dunno, all depends on what develops over the peace years. Anything could happen between now and six or six years from now. No one really knows what's in store for us when we settle back into our old routines again.

Vinnie nabs Kristin's hand and says to her in a voice only she could hear: When next we see eachother, I want a picture of my future family,just something to have to look forward to.

Kristin nods and says: Not a problem, I'll ensure to get a copy of your next family picture and bring it back.

Jamie: All will be revealed in good time. Ares takes his time in making plans for his ancient children no one really knows what will happen when the time is right.

James: Maybe something will happen maybe nothing will happen we really don't know until the next full moon when the chosen ones are called to the highest point in the hills.

Sammy: No one really knows in advance when we will be called together it just happens. Late at night when the moon is high in the sky, the moon beam will trickle in through an open window and illuminate the bed and the chosen ones will hear Ares's voice calling them to the hillside.

Throttle: Then what happens? How can you get past your parents to get to the hillside?

Terrance: For some of us that is easy, we just go out the window without looking back. We're returned home safely at dawn before our parents awaken.

Kristin: The time may be right, the next full moon is t'night and this is the exact same day,month and season that the original warriors of old were summoned to the Hillside of our Ancient home.

Throttle: Well then I guess it's for the best that we not say anything else and just let you go home to your parents. Hopefully one day soon we'll meet up again. (Watches as all the kids from the future walk through the open gates of time and vanish until the gates closed and he said) I have a pit feeling we'll see them again one day.

Flash forward six years three blocks from Quigly Field the gates of time open once more and the same batch of kids from six years ago exit through the gates as teenagers.

Alex looks around saying: Well here we are once again six years later and things still haven't changed abit around here.

Sammy: What if they went back to Mars and they're not here anymore? It's been what ten years since we went home? So ten years here and six years back home equals sixteen years right? We're teenagers now, we're not little kids anymore. We've seen battle after battle and came close to being gone for good!

Terrance: We'll never know unless we head towards their domain at the Score Board. I can pick up on their vibes and be able to tell if they're here or if they've left for Mars.

Agreeing with Terrance,the batch of teenagers headed towards Quigly Field and went into the Stadium and into the Score Board where Terrance stopped and placed his hand on the wall to see if the guys were still on Earth

Terrance removes his protective glove from his left hand places it on the wall,closes his eyes then says: The vibes are as fresh as the day we first met dad here in the past. They're still stranded here and from the feel of things so is Stink Face! (Picks up on three newer vibes and says) Hey there were three visitors from Mars here that we've never met before! Don't forget that back home coach died from a raging fever from an infection that quickly spread through his body, then Rimfire died from a shrapnel wound, Carbine died before they did when her bike hit an unknown turn in the pouring rain. The bike swerved and she was thrown, bam, killed instantly. But here in this world,all three are alive and well and uncle Throttle still has feelings for her! (Hears bike engines coming and says) We'd better get outta here before we're noticed and we have a chance to surprise them with our presence! (Pulls his left glove back on and erases his magical palm print then makes a mad dash for the door followed by everyone else and headed outside for cover in the bleachers where they all flattened out against the ground)

Meanwhile Throttle,Vinnie,Modo,Charley,Stoker and Rimfire all return back to the Scoreboard where Rimfire gets a feeling someone had been there while they were away.

Rimfire picks up on faint magic and says: Someone's been in here while we were away! I can feel a lingering presence!

Stoker: I feel it too! It's faint but someone who has the ability to sense vibrations was here while we were away! Vinnie are you absoultley sure you locked the door when we left?

Vinnie: Yes I locked it before we left! I doubled back to ensure the door was locked and it was! We're the only ones with a copy of the key to the door and no one came back here except me to grab the cooler with the pop in it and on the way back out I turned and vividly remember shutting and locking the door! I heard the lock click into place and tested the door knob to see if it locked and it was locked tight! I can't understand how anyone could've gotten in here without a key to the lock!

Modo gets off his bike,pulls out a flashlight then goes over to the door,studies it then says: The dead bolt is still in place. If someone had broken in, the deadbolt would have been removed making access easier! (Crouches down,shines a flashlight at the key hole and says) Well there's no sign of forced entry! The lock hasn't been picked and there's no sign that a credit card had been used to jimmie open the door! I'm at a loss as to how the person or persons had gotten in here. I don't feel teleportation energy so teleportation's out of the question!

Throttle: Well bro's,we'll just have to search every corner of the field and score board until we find the person or persons responsible for the magical energy we feel! (Splits up and heads outside on his bike heading right towards where the group sat)

Meanwhile the batch of teenagers knew the gig was about to be up and were at a loss for what to do next

Kristin: We've no choice but to let them know we're here! We can't pull this forever, one way or another he will find us and we'll be in big trouble! They think we broke in somehow! The only other alternative is to lower our energy signals so that their antenna won't pick up on us when we teleport outta here! And don't forget that box of Biker Knight Comic Books! I may not have paid very much for that entire set,but it's for someone's birthday as a gift.

Shaune: Ye didn't have to pay for those comics period! They were outside on the curb waitin for the recycling truck to come and recycle them. 'tis a good thing Jarred looked inside the box and found the entire series of Biker Knight Comic books inside or ye wouldn't have a gift for yer future father's birthday!

Kristin: I know! I can't believe that someone would throw these things out as trash! On the open comic book trading market these would fetch anywhere from twenty six hundred to thirty thousand dollars for the entire series! Now drop your energy levels before we're found out! (Feels as everyone drastically dropped their energy levels then linked hands and teleported to the parking lot where she said) Oh phew that was close! We were seconds away from being found out! Now lets do this the right way! (Heads into the stadium and down the hall towards the scoreboard where she found the door open and hesitantly walked inside saying under her breath) Nothin's changed around here since we left ten years ago. (Hears a familiar voice yell out then winces thinking) Dear god don't let them think we're the perpatraitors! (Turns around)

Throttle pulls in and notices the teenagers and says: Excuse me Citizens, but mind tellin me how you got in here?

Alex: The door was open

Throttle: But does that give you the right to barge in unannounced into someone elses home? How would you like it if I barged into your home without letting you know who I am? Where are your manners? Did your mothers skip that lesson while raising you? I know mine didn't! But yet somehow there's something familiar about you that I just can't figure out! You look like someone I knew six years ago before they returned home to their families. What is it about you that is so familiar? Wait a minute! I think I know where I've seen you before! (Pulls out his wallet and opens it to the last picture of his future nieces and nephews and children then slowly looks up then back at the picture and says) It is you! But you've changed! How long has it been since we last seen you?

Alex: Ten years ago we got word there was finally peace at home and we returned back to our world then six years went by so a total of six years here have gone by.

Throttle: That makes you what? Fourteen? sixteen?

Kristin: Sixteen, we were here two years and went home on our tenth birthday so six years later we're sixteen about to turn seventeen.

Vinnie comes barrelling around the corner and screeches to a halt saying: Hey bro,why didn't cha answer when I called ya?

Throttle: They're why!

Vinnie: Look at the size of you! How long has it been sice we last seen you?

Kristin: We were ten when we left so six years have gone by making us sixteen about to turn seventeen in six months. The six of us turn seventeen on the fourth of July at midnight.

Vinnie glances at the calandar and says: Does time stop here or somethin?

Kristin: Yes it does, ten years in our time is only two years in this world. So ten years ago when peace settled in our world, it was only two years ago here so add the six years that we've been gone and you've got teenagers. We never aged in this world our aging stopped until we returned to our own world. So we are truly teenagers, we aged three years when we returned home which made us thirteen then we aged two more years in the last oh six months. We age very slowly so that's why we never seem to be getting any older. We stop aging in this world and continue in our own world.

Vinnie: But if peace rings in your world, what're you doing here?

Kristin: My father never got the chance to celebrate his birthday with us before his untimely capture so we thought we'd come back here and celebrate it with him here.

Throttle: Good luck in getting him to stay away from here until six or seven o'clock t'night! So what sport are you playing these past days?

Kristin: Ice hockey at the pro levels

Vinnie: Ice Hockey at the Professional Level already?

Kristin: Not enough competition in the lower leauges, either they forfit by failure to show up or they cheat. Those who play honestly don't put up much of a fight and by the time they do put up a good enough fight, it's too little too late and the game's already over and won.

Vinnie notices a "C" on the left side of Kristin's jean jacket below the symbol of the future Timberwolves and says: Hey, that C! Stand for someone named Carlton? Christopher? Charles? Chet? Chester?

Alex decides to try and throw Vinnie's train of thought off and says: Captain?

Vinnie: Captain? (Realizes what he'd just said and says) CAPTAIN? You? No way!

Throttle chuckles and says: Little girl's not so little anymore! Now she's grown up with a big responsibility of keeping a hockey team in top shape.

Alex: And from time to time when mother needs it,we all play baby sitter for our younger brother and sister Amber is a miscreant and Ashes is a darling, a knock off of our dad with hair and even teeth. A real girl charmer.Girls faint when he walks by now days. But they don't need a babysitter anymore, not now that the twins are older the little darlings try to follow us where ever we go and get upset if we look like we're leaving without them. Then again we also play babysitter for Arrence and his wife they've got three adorable little girls that play with our younger sisters very well behaved though sometimes we're only required to babysit two of the three. Little TC prefers to tail Terrence around the Medward and try to help him out as best as she can. The little cuties have an older sister named Clover who is a dead ringer for her father in a girl's body.

Vinnie: Alright hold it hold it hold it! Pictures! We want pictures of these kids!

Alex pulls out his wallet and opens it to a picture of all the Cley children and says: This brood here belongs to Pike and his wife you can tell that there are a set of triplets sitting right next to Salem the boy who is pitch black with coppery orange hair. (Takes the picture out so Vinnie could get a good look at the kids then pulls out the picture of all the kids in his family saying) And this brood here are the kids in my family every last one of them.

Throttle takes the photo of the Maverick family and utters a low whistle saying: Whoa, someone's been busy reproducing! So what's you're mother look like? Anything like you?

Kristin: See Amber there? Yeah that's my mom at fourteen. Age her into her adult years and fill out her stomach, after all mom's expecting yet again. One last fling before dad was captured resulted in her becoming pregnant all over again.

Vinnie finally notices Modo,Rimfire and Stoker's absence and says: Hey,we're three short of a full house! Where's the other three that were with us?

Charley: Remember that note that came through the gates of time?

Vinnie: Yeah what about it?

Charley: It was addressed to Rimfire and Stoker asking them to keep Modo away from here until Rimfire got word that the coast was clear to bring him back. We need time to get things set up.

Vinnie suddenly remembers what he'd asked Kristin for before she'd left and nabs her hand saying: You did remember it didn't you?

Kristin nods then takes her pack off her back,opens it and pulls out a gold framed family portrait that was wrapped in bubble wrap saying: Here ya go they just came in yesterday. We would've come yesterday but time travelling in severe weather is dangerous and I don't know how the flow of time could be disrupted if a bolt of lightening were to hit it.

Vinnie carefully removes the bubble wrap and says: Names I need names to these kids!

Kristin: Left to Right Todd and Charlotte they couldn't be here due to Charlotte having Mono and Todd busted his leg and the little cutie in the sailor shirt and jumper dress is Hailley,she's Harley's little girl and the boy with the orangy-red hair and white fur is Fireball a total heart stopper for the girls and at the top of every class and he's a reknown rock star who tours with a girl with the stage name of Sparkle and an older guy by the name of Dustin who stages under the name of Dark Hart.

Vinnie: Since when did Harley have a child?

Kristin: Hailley's three years old so yeah three years and twenty four months ago. Harley was brutalized by a lunatic who got her pregnant with Hailley and so far all tests have come up negative for any mental and psychological defects from the paternal side. Aunt B went out one evening and left a note saying things were too overwhelming for her and she never came home again so you uhhh

Vinnie catches on and says: No wa-aaya! I WHAT?! Surely you're joking......right?

Throttle lets out a whistle and says: Who'd a thought of Vincent and Harley marrying?! You two are perfect for eachother and it's a long damned time in coming too!

Vinnie: MARRIAGE? AGAIN?!

Kristin: You and Aunt B weren't married when Todd and Charlotte were born nor were you married when Fireball was born.
Throtte sees something sticking out of Kristin's pack and says: What's that?

Kristin reaches back into her pack and pulls out another framed family portrait and says: This is YOUR family! Left to right are Brandon and Dakota both sixteen,then there's Eran,pronounced Er-an,then there's Shannon and Rocco,then there's little Pennelope and who can forget the quads? Little Straightshot,Taillight,Lightningstrike and Shadowstalker.

Charley sees her future self and Throttle's future self and says: How is it we wind up with quads?

Kristin: Same way Vinnie ended up with twins. Twins are a 1 in a million shot in happening, quads are an even higher odds buut if you want oddities,don't feel bad. I'm a sextuplet

Throtte/Charley/Vinnie: SEXTUPLETS?!

Vinnie: Modo's not a twin to anyone! How'd he wind up with Sextuplets?!

Kristin: Dunno,you're better off asking the head of the Guardians how it happened. Somone had to start reproducing the next generation of magic users and since I've been around the block a time or two in previous lives, I already had magic in my veins.

Throtte: With everyone else having kids,poor Stoker must be feeling left out of the parental loop with no kids of his own.

Kristin reaches back into her bag and says: Oh he's not out of the parental loop and he's not excluded from knowing the joys of having kids. (Gently removes the bubble envelope from the frame and says) Meet his brood left to right: Joey,Max and Caitlin all aged 16, Claeb and Cloey age 6,Digger and little Kai age 1 year and just born a few weeks ago is little Stardust the little odd ball of the family in the car seat and because the photographer didn't know where to place Shaune, he's right there beside Stardust.

Throtte gently runs his finger over the glass and says: Stardust where art thou?

Kristin points to the baby saying: Right there the little black furred tyke with white specks through her fur,that's Stardust

Throtte: Isn't she the cutest little thing?! But where on Mars did the black and white specked fur come from?

Kristin: That's what both parents ask eachother every night: Where'd the black and white specked fur come from? Not from either of us!

Throtte hands Stoker's family portrait back to Kristin saying: Well then we've a party to put together! So let's stop sitting around doing nothing and let's get started before he gets the feeling something fishy's going on around here and comes back earlier than anticipated!

Alex snickers and says: Oh you don't know Sammy the way we do. Our sister will keep him occupied in Detroit until her phone rings and believe me she's a pro at being a liar.

Charley: So we've got all the time it takes without him coming back early?

Kristin: With Sammy? Are you nuts? She takes her time looking around and isn't one to be rushed through things,Sam likes taking her time looking at things and believe me she'll keep them occupied all day long until we call and say time to come home.

Vinnie: Well then lets get to work setting up before time slips away!

While the others got to work decorating the Score Board for Modo's surprise party, Sammy had dragged her future father,god father and cousin into every store in the mall including the newest Museum on Ancient Egypt and had just entered the interesting exhibit on the Pharo's when her phone rang and she read the text sending back a message asking for another two hours since the others were very interested in going through the entire exhibit. Two hours later Sammy,Rimfire,Stoker and Modo were on the road from Detroit heading back to Chicago to the Score Board where they entered and Modo tried to flip on the light switch only to have the power spontaneously come back on to reveal party decorations with his name on the banner and knew the Egyptian Exhibit Tour along with the shopping trip was a set up but was too surprised to let his anger show through.

Sammy comes forward saying: I know you've finally figured out that the trip to the Mall in Detroit and the Ancient Egyptian Exhibit Tour were a rouse to get you out of here but this is the only way we'll ever be able to celebrate your birthday. The time we come from isn't a happy time at all, a few years after our thirteenth birthday you and the battallion you were with were all captured and hauled off to prison and we were kept in the dark about it until we found all the messages and finally brough the sun through the thick clouds. We spent three years not having you in our lives, mom tried to keep things together but we older kids went our separate ways, Kristin lives in Anahiem California at the Anahiem Pond with our friends from Puck World and the rest of us live in the Timber Wolf House that is with in walking distance of the Anaheim Mall. We go back to Mars for school and training. We graduated school here earlier then normal and mom didn't want us loafing around between games doing nothing so she enrolled us in classes on Mars to keep us busy between games and Saving the world from an over grown lizard named Draganus.

Modo: So that's why you came back here! Where do I fit into this puzzle of your future lives?

Kristin: You're the entire reason we're here! You're not in our lives in the future for a long while

Modo: Whoa whoa whoa whoa where'm I if I'm not where I belong?

Sammy heaves a sigh and says: Some where out on one of Mars's moons in a Plutarkian Prison Camp.

Alex: Enough about our family life, sit down and make yourself comfy! Supper should be arriving any minute now. Charley went to go get it and bring it back.

Charley comes into the room saying: Supper's arrived, eat it after I set it on the table and open it up! Then get it while it's nice and hot! Oh and drinks are in the cooler!

While the others got to work demolishing the pizza infront of them,Kristin pulled out her blood testing kit and pricked the crook of her arm to test her blood sugar catching Rimfire's attention.

Rimfire looks up to see Kristin pricking her arm,swallows what was in his mouth and says: What're you doing with that thing?

Kristin: Huh? This thing? It's checking the sugar levels in my blood to tell me if I need to eat anything sugary or if I should stay away from sugar for a while longer. (Checks the read out then says) Oh no wonder I'm so tired and seeing double!

Rimfire: Why what's wrong?

Kristin: Huh? Oh my blood sugar's dropped to near dangerous levels. I should really get something into my system before I devour a bag of granulated sugar!

Throttle: Okay you've lost every last one of us! You're checking your blood and it's near the danger zone, so in plain english what's that translate into?

Vinnie: Are you diabetic or somethin?

Kristin: Yes, I'm a sugar reliant diabetic. I eat controlled amounts of sugar every day to keep alive, it was either control the sugar or take insulin shots and frankly I'm not a needle person so I chose to control what I eat and how much sugar goes into this body. Right now if I don't eat then I'll go into insulin shock and it's not pretty when it happens. Alex had better check his blood sugar to see where it is. He just got over a nasty sinus cold that knocked his blood sugar for a loop sending it sky high then down near the danger zone.

Alex pulls out his blood testing monitor and pricks the crook of his arm and waits for a reading then says: I'd better eat somethin too, I'm in the danger zone again for the third time since the cold fizzled out.

Rimfire picks up two paper plates and loads them up with Pizza then sets down two large bottles of diet pop then says: Eat and bring up your sugar levels before something bad happens!

Alex: For us those bottles of pop are like a diabetic friendly sugar cube! We need raw sugar. Never mind the diet junk it's the kind of pop we normally stay away from that we need right now!

Vinnie reaches into the cooler and pulls out two plain rootbeers and places them infront of Kristin and Alex saying: Enough sugar to boost the sugar count or should we go drastic?

Alex: This one bottle of pop will give Kristin and I enough sugar to last us until breakfast time at six.

Vinnie: Six?! That's too early for breakfast and supper!

Alex: Can't be helped! Six,twelve and six are our meal times and an hour in between is a sugary or healthy snack to ensure we don't pass out. So if we eat a big breakfast at six a.m. and wear it off practicing hockey then we have a snack at about ten o'clock then we eat at noon hour no earlier no later then at about two o'clock it's a healthy snack, then at four it's a small sugary snack then at six it's supper and dessert. Then at seven depending on the amount of sugar present in our blood we eat another snack usually just apple slices,then at nine we eat a sugary snack depending on how high the levels are then if the levels are too high we skip that snack until ten o'clock and if it's still too high we wait until midnight for a snack then it's sugary then at about two or three in the morning we eat a healthy snack mom leaves out in the fridge to tide us over until breakfast time. Then again we're perfectly fine eating breakfast at ten to ten in the moring or even eight in the morning,at times we rarely even eat lunch. It all depends on how hungry we are. If it makes it easier, we have alarm clocks set for the times when we're supposed to snack. But we test our blood before doing or eating anything.

Vinnie: By the way, we neglected to ask; how long are you staying this time Shaune?It'd be nice to finally get to know more about your past considering we're part of their future.

Shaune glances at his watch and says: Another couple o hours before I 'ave to get back 'ome to the future.

Vinnie: Another couple o hours before you 'ave to go back 'ome? In english?

Rimfire: That was in english. He's Irish and it shows he's a pure bred straight from the motherland of Ireland but from where in Ireland?

Shaune: Don't know much about where my family came from.

Rimfire: What do you mean? Where're your parents?

Shaune: My parents? Don't know,they were home when I left for school one morning when I was 7 and when I returned home,the house was empty save for my room and me parents were gone. No one knows where they've gone, I was left on my own until the crooked Government put me in an orphanage until I was adopted six months later

Rimfire: Brutal,you had a family and a home when you leave for school and when you return home from school,no one's home and everything in the house except your room is gone?

Shaune: yep

Stoker: No one knows WHERE they are?

Shaune: Nope

Throttle: No family?

Shaune: None,no grandparents no aunts no uncles no cousins nada every generation of both families produced but one child

Vinnie: Now that's rough, seven years old and you're on your own!

Shaune: Not to mention that during my six months in the orphanage, I was bruatlized time and again by the Director of the boys ward.

Modo: That's sick! He took advantage of you?

Shaune: Everynight it was the same thing,petting,fondling of areas that were off limits and he did everything under the sun to me and got away with it. One of the girls in the female divison at the time was carrying his child

Rimfire: I'm gonna be sick!

Throttle looses interest in his pizza slice saying: I just lost my appetite

Vinnie: So've I

Modo: Ugh that goes for me too

Stoker: Suddenly, I'm not so hungry anymore

Charley: Me neither. We take for granted the fact we all had a home,parents and a safe environment to go home to, but then someone like Shaune opens our eyes to what's really going on behind closed doors and it turns our stomachs.

Shaune hears his readio crackle and says: Eesh I really wish they'd stop screaming into this thing! It gets harder and harder to understand them when they're yelling.

Stoker: What're they cacklin about?

Shaune quickly comes up with the oldest story of a power outage caused by a careless computer ueser and says: One moron caused the power to an entire computer bank to go down and doesn't know how to return power to the computer banks.

Stoker: Ahh so you have to put up with idiots in your time too huh?

Shaune: Oh the stories of stupidity I can tell. Last week a thunderstorm rolled in,knocked out the power to everyother computer lab in the building,it took Kristin five minutes to restore the power while the idiots in charge ran around with their heads cut off like chickens.

Kristin: Two weeks ago, a freek sandstorm was raging and power to the entire base went off, morons that were supposed to know how to turn the fuses back on had no idea where they put their flashlights and were to 'afraid' to touch the fuse pannel,Sammy flipped a couple switches and on came the power followed by 'How'd you do that?'

Shaune reaches down and picks up the box that was under his feet and puts it on the table shoving it down towards the guest of honor saying: What's a birthday without a present?

Modo: Oh you didn't have to! I wasn't expecting this anyways! Then again.....what is it?

Kristin: Open the box to find out

Modo carefully removes the red ribbon,lifts the lid and felt his heart jump saying: Whoa momma! Biker Knight Comics! In mint condition!

Alex: They were sititing in a water logged box by the side of an old comic book shop that had gone out of buisness. I picked it up and rescued it and put them in that box. Underneath all that pop corn there should be something else to keep those comics safely inside of.

Modo digs down under neath the pop corn and pulls out a waterproof binder and says: A comic book storage binder! (Notices a gold picture frame and sets aside the comic book keeper and pulls it out saying) A future family portrait! Thanks guys! Something to stare at and look forward to.

As the party wound down,Shaune had slipped out to answer the radio call in private and Kristin followed to find out what was going on.

Kristin catches the tail end of the future Stoker's angry call to his adoptive son then says: Shawn? What's up?

Shaune turns and says: I'm in deep Kris and this time, there's no gettin out.

Kristin: Who was calling you a few minutes ago? You came up with that story a little too quickly.

Shaune: That was me dad and suffice to say...he's not 'appy. I'm supposed to be in lock down for a month but ehh I snuck out and Max ratted me out. I've gotta go home to the future.

Kristin: You haven't told him about your past have you?

Shaune heaves a sigh and looks away saying: He's never around long enough to listen to me and when he is home, he considers everything I say a lie. Kris, I'm in COUNSELLING to help me 'get over the impediment' he thinks I speak with the Irish accent just to piss him off. If I had the original Orphanage File on me,THEN I could proove everything I say is true and not made up to push all the wrong buttons on him.

Kristin slips her bag off,reaches inside and pulls out Shaune's original unaltered file saying: Here,Ethan gave this to me and I gave a copy to Carbine who also like you tried to get him to read it but there were so many blacked out areas that it all made his accusations sit true. So Ethan went back to the Orphanage where you were that is now under new Managment and got the original files for you,copied them and gave one to Carbine,one to Rimfire and one to my uncle Throttle but your dad won't listen to anyone about this file exisiting. Get him to sit and listen to you without interrupting! If he won't sit and listen then just put the file on the table and spread it out in a manner that catches his eye as he walks by, maybe THEN he'll listen and beileve you. It takes time for things like this to hit home for some people,maybe he doesn't want to believe it because of the way it was presented to him when he adopted you all those years ago.

Shaune takes the file and says: I'll do my best but nine times out of ten,I'll be eating in my room for the next four months! I'm not currently allowed to eat with the rest of the family.(Hears the gates of time open up and sees a very angry future Stoker standing on the other side and says)Dad! I wasn't expecting ye to come get me!

Kristin quickly slips behind the tree to avoid getting blamed

Future Stoker: I wasn't expecting to return home and find out you'd snuck out in the first place! You just earned yourself added time to your grounding! It was for a month? Consider it FOUR months for sneakin out without permission! (Grabs Shaune by the arm and says) Now let's go! I showed up to ENSURE you came straight home and went straight back to your room with no short cuts or pit stops! (Hears Kristin's heart pounding in fear and calls out) Kristin, I know you had nothing to do with Shaune goin AWOL! You're not the kind to put thoughts like that into his head! Considering you had nothing to do with Shaune skimpin out on his punishment,I'm NOT going to hold you responsible for anything or any changes he's made to the flow of time. (Tightens his grip on Shaune's arm saying) As for you! Let's go! (Drags Shaune through the gates of time back to future Mars and back home to his room)

Shaune remembers what his counsellor had said and says: Why do I get treated like I can't do a thing for myself? I'm thirteen years old! I'm not eight years old anymore! I don't need to be treated like I can't handle myself! It's time to see me for the young RESPONSIBLE adult I'm becoming! Not as the eight year old traumatized boy who couldn't fend for himself!

Future Stoker: You're counsellor's drilled something into that head of yours that I don't like! You maybe becoming a young adult,but up until you move out from my roof, you'll do what I tell you to do! Starting with the chores that haven't been done and are waiting to be done!

Shaune: I did all those chores! I can't help it if Max and the others made a mess of the kitchen and didn't bother to clean up after themselves! I know for 100% sure that I cleaned the kitchen,emptied the dishwasher and put the dishes away then updated the grocery list,took the garbage to the disposal unit and came back to a clean kitchen! In between the time I went to the library to take my books back and the time you got home,Max and the others made themselves a snack and didn't bother cleaning up prefering to blame me instead for not cleaning the kitchen! Yell at them not me! Get them to clean up after themselves instead of making me do it all the time!

Future Stoker: If you did all those chores,then why aren't they ticked off in red on the chore chart?!

Shaune: A bottle of white out and a jealous sibling who will do anything to get me into trouble is why the chores weren't ticked off! Mom ticked 'em off herself and paid me my allowance that day which was promptly taken out of my hot hands by Max,Caitie and Joey as 'back payments for money they loaned me'. Seems to me that I never get to keep what I earn for any longer then ten minutes before the vultures swoop in and take their 'share of allowance'. Did you even LOOK at the chore chart to see if anything was out of the ordinary? Heck my cash jars were emptied out when I got home from the library with a note saying 'Considering we were nice enough to lend you over $200.00 and waited this long for repayment, we decided to take back what is rightfully ours but you only had $37.98! You still owe us Max and every allowance day,when your allowance hits your hands,you can bet we'll be there waiting for you to repay us what you owe. Lotsa love Caitie,Max and Joey.'

Future Stoker: Come to think of it,I looked at it this morning but didn't think anything of the odd rough patches beside each chore. Maybe I should've run my finger over the rough patches to see what they were made out of. Since when did you borrow money from Max,Joey and Caitie?

Shaune: That's just it! I've NEVER borrowed ANY money from either of them! I don't know what they do with their allowance but I've been socking mine away for a proverbial rainy day. There are somethings I've seen in the shops here that I'd like to get if I ever can manage to keep my allowance any longer then ten to fifteen mintues before the vultures swoop in for their 'cut'.

Future Stoker: Their CUT? They have paying jobs they don't need your allowance! Who gave them permission to take from your savings money they don't need?

Shaune: I didn't I was at the library dropping off my books and getting new ones.
Sign up to rate and review this story