Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Sing Until Your Lungs Give Out

Look familiar?

by aznfoblover 2 reviews

IT'S FINALLY OVER. thank you for sticking through this with me and letting me know what you think. sequel coming, but not as soon as you might think.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro, Other - Published: 2007-02-03 - Updated: 2007-02-03 - 993 words

1Exciting
=====
Chapter 12
=====

"Mikey? Breathe, OK?" I said to him as I looked around for his inhaler. Patrick rushed over to help, and I took out my cell phone and called Gerard to see if he could find Mikey's inhaler. Gerard brought it right over.

"Everything OK in there?" he asked as he gave the inhaler to me. I just nodded, took the inhaler, and ran back to Mikey, locking the bus door behind me. I gave Mikey his inhaler and he finally calmed down. Patrick went back to his place against the wall.

"Are you OK?" I asked Mikey.

"I'm fine," he muttered. Then he looked at me, as if just remembering what I had just said. "Did you just say that you love me?" I nodded and looked down again. "Fuck," he muttered under his breath. He suddenly got up, and I felt a weight lift from the other side of the couch. "I can't do this. I'm freaking out and having anxiety attacks and this is all really overwhelming me." I looked at him, my mouth slightly open. "Besides," he added softly, more as an afterthought. "I'd make a terrible father." He looked down and started walking away.

"So that's it then?" I whispered after him. I had lost my will to fight him a while ago. "You're just going to leave me here to figure it out on my own? Come on, Mikey. You told me we could do anything together," I said. I willed the tears not to fall. I couldn't let him see me cry again.

"Be real, Becca. You and I both knew it wouldn't last forever," he started. But I cut him off.

"Why not? Why can't we make it last forever?"

"I'm not that strong. You know that. I'm...I'm sorry," he said, walking out. No. This couldn't be happening. I willed myself to go after him, but I couldn't. He walked off, and I collapsed in tears as soon as he was gone. Patrick rushed over to me, and I sobbed into his shoulder. I knew that I couldn't do this alone.

"Becca?" Patrick whispered to me after a while. I had stopped crying by then, but I couldn't speak still. I just nodded to show I'd heard him. "What's going to happen now?" I told myself to be brave for Patrick.

"I honestly have no clue. I'll probably do what I did last time," I said. What other choice did I have? I could...

"Can I just give you some advice?" Patrick asked. I nodded. "I know you're rethinking having this baby right now. I can tell. You know what, though? I think that you should have it anyway. Just to prove him wrong. Just to show him and everyone else that you can do it, that you're strong enough." I looked at him in awe. Patrick surprised me more and more every day. I nodded.

"You're right. I know you're right. And I will have this baby." I told myself to listen to Patrick once again. He knew what he was talking about. This was why he was my best friend in the world.

"And maybe...well, maybe you could go back to Chicago?" he asked hopefully. I could see how much he wanted me back there, how much he wanted me to say I would go back. His eyes were full of hope that I hadn't seen there in a long time. I couldn't let my best friend down.

"OK," I said after a long pause. Patrick smiled, the first time I had seen him actually smile that day. I bought yet another plane ticket back to the childhood city that I had wanted to get out of so badly. Chicago, Illinois. One-way. 7:45 am. Look familiar? It seemed as if I liked buying plane tickets to get away. But in reality, the only way I could deal with any kind of hurt was by running away.

We packed my bags again. I would leave the next morning. I was glad that I had left my stuff on the Fall Out Boy bus. But all of my stuff in Jersey would have to be taken care of too. Maybe I'd call someone to get all of my stuff. Or maybe I'd just ask Gerard to send it. That would be easier.

"We're leaving at 5 tomorrow morning," Patrick said. I nodded and hugged him.

"Thank you for being so wonderful," I whispered to him. He smiled into my hair as he kissed the top of my head.

The next morning, I took my stuff and left. We got to the airport terminal again.

"This looks awfully familiar," Patrick joked. I gave a weak smile, and we hugged again.

"I'll come see you as soon as I can," he whispered in my ear. I nodded. "I'll probably come alone too. Just Patrick and Becca time. Like the old times." I smiled at that. We broke apart as they called my flight. Patrick readjusted his hat, and I walked onto the plane. One backwards glance gave the reassurance that I needed. Patrick stood there still, waving like I was the last good thing that he had.

~~~~~

A/N: IT'S FINALLY DONE. Heh. Tell me what you think of it. I'll post a sequel preview, but it might not be for a while. I have a semi-plan for the sequel, and many of you will probably not like it as much. But I don't know. So I'm posting it after I give Thank You for the Venom the attention it deserves. It was feeling really left out while I wrote this one.

Thanks for all of the reviews and kind words about my story. Thanks to all of you who have stuck through the 31 (yes 31) Microsoft Word pages that I have written pretty crappily and spaced out. I really hope you'll stick around for the sequel that's coming sometime in the next few weeks or so. Maybe.
Sign up to rate and review this story