Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > .Drabble Dump

Insomnia (Kimblee and Martel)

by Sakura_Revolution 0 reviews

A late night and a broken jukebox.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Kimberly, Martel - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-02-05 - Updated: 2007-02-06 - 288 words

0Unrated
"I never knew you smoked." Marta observed quietly. Kimblee nodded and pulled another drag on the cigarette .

"I don't." was all he said, and Marta raised an eyebrow. She didn't like Kimblee, but the rest of Devil's nest was asleep, and she had insomnia, a condition she knew for a fact haunted Kimblee, since she had never seen him go to sleep... not once. Even when he was in his room, she could hear him whispering to himself. How Greed slept through things like that, she would never know. The fact that the two shared a room, if not a bed was disturbing, and she supposed Greed just had no trouble with sleeping in the same room as a killer.

Her train of thought ended when Kimblee stood up and walked over to an ancient Jukebox Greed had acquired, that didn't work at all. He crouched and opened its fuse box. Marta started to warn him greed didn't like his stuff touched, but two reasons stopped her, A) She knew Greed beating the hell out of Kimblee would be a pleasant sight, and B) She wanted to see if he could get it working. He messed with some wires, connected a few, then stood up and gave it a hellacious kick. Surprisingly, it began to play... Cheeseburger In Paradise. She sweat dropped.

"Uh...nice" She finally managed, and he shrugged.

"Eh." He ground out his cigarette and yawned. Marta sighed.

"You know.. I think you lost your humanity more than I did." She finally said, out of the blue, and because she could. Kimblee's usual half grin faded, and he looked thoughtful.

"Maybe." He said, and walked up the stairs. Marta wondered if he was going to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story