Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist

Perfect Sense

by fey_puck 2 reviews

Al liked kittens.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Humor - Characters: Alphonse Elric, Edward Elric - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-09-01 - Updated: 2005-09-01 - 321 words - Complete

5Moving
Al liked kittens.

Or, rather, he loved them.

They were all small to him, with velvet soft or smooth like silk fur. He couldn't feel them, true, but he could remember and picked one or the other. It depended on his mood, on what the kitten looked like. Little things that added up until he decided. Ginger-colored kittens were usually like silk, while black were always velvet. Striped cats could be either, as well as ones with spots.

But sometimes he would find a kitten that was neither and he tried to figure out what its fur would feel like, without asking his brother to tell him. He liked it better when he could figure it out on his own. But this one...

"Brother, I'm not sure," Al sighed, holding out the moody orange-mass in his hands. They nearly swallowed the cat whole. "What do you think?"

"I'm not touching that thing, Al. It looks like it's ready to attack." Ed peered at it and it hissed. Loudly. And...was that a vein twitching on its forehead?

Couldn't be.

"But Brother..."

That cat's ears flattened to its head as it looked for an escape route. It nearly had a panic attack when Edward skritched behind its ears.

"Its fur feels like steel wool. But that could just be reflecting its personality."

"Brother!" Exasperated and amused sounding.

"Alright, alright. Jeez, Al...it's just an angry cat," Fullmetal griped, crossing his arms and looking up at his little brother. Not too up though. That would be like admitting defeat.

Al laughed. "It kind of reminds me of you."

Both cat and alchemist looked offended.

Sighing, Ed pet the cat again, warily. "Silk. Rough silk, if that makes sense."

Al beamed. "I think it does." Kneeling, he let the cat jump down to the ground. It bristled slightly for a moment before calming down, curling around Al's leg once before scampering off.

"Perfect sense."
Sign up to rate and review this story