Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Black Sheep

Aren't I just a sweet little boy?

by henriette 3 reviews

Summary inside. Dark!Harry. Harry is spared by Voldemort and is nothing like the child from a light family. He is rebellious and feels like he doesn't fit in the perfect family Potter picture. Join...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Blaise Zabini, Dean Thomas, Draco, Harry, James, Lily, Sirius, Voldemort - Published: 2007-02-04 - Updated: 2007-02-04 - 2863 words

5Original
Black Sheep by henriette


Enjoy yourselves!

Summary: James Potter was not home that Halloween night when Voldemort paid the Potter resident a visit. Only Lily and Harry were home. Voldemort killed Lily with the killing curse, but spared Harry. The one-year-old child was left unharmed by Voldemort. He was called from that day on, The Boy Who Was Spared.

Many years later-

Harry Potter, The Boy Who Was Spared, lives safely with his father, his stepmother, and his half sister in the Muggle world since Voldemort is still at large.

But he is not his parents' son; he is nothing like the child of Light wizards. He is rebellious and feels he doesn't fit in the perfect family Potter picture. They like the brightness of daytime, while he prefers the dark of the night. His wardrobe is all black and other dark colours; but his parents would like to see him in the colour red-the Gryffindor color, like his parents-for a change. Harry, however, is nothing like them, and has no intentions of changing the way his dresses or acts. He only wishes that his father and Janet would get off his back, as well as that annoying brat they call his sister.

Harry has few friends, but they are all good friends. He doesn't have only a few friends because he is unpopular, no, it's more correct to say that many people are afraid to speak to him. Harry has chosen to attend a muggle school even though he is a wizard.

The present.

Harry has gotten his Hogwarts letter, and will finally get away from his dreadfully annoying family. But on the other hand, he will also have to leave his friends and come up with an explanation as to why he's suddenly leaving. Of course, he doesn't realize yet that one his other friends currently has the same problem as he does. His friend Blaise Zabini is also a wizard.

The duo will attend Hogwarts together and the public, as they watch The Boy Who Was Spared, will begin to draw conclusions about why the Dark Lord decided to spare this child.

In this plot we will see, wars between the dark and light, Slytherin and Gryffindor, and Voldemort and Dumbledore, pranking, teasing, bullying, duelling, and much more....

I don't own a thing, okey!

Thank you to my beta for this chapter: Savage Damsel.

R&R

||Lily's thoughts||

"Speaking"

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨ ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

Chapter 1: My life.

Lily, James and Harry Potter lived a happy, content life. The Potter's, a famous Light couple, and the proud parents of one year old Harry Potter, were aurors who fought against the dark side and Voldemort, who walked around the streets freely. It seemed that no one was able to stop the dark wizards. They were feared by all, and worshipped by many.

This story of light and dark, good and evil started on the frightful Halloween night in 1981. Lily was at home in Godric's hollow with her baby son Harry Potter. Her husband, James, should have been home an hour ago, but had sent an owl to inform her that he would be late, as there was a problem at work.

Lily was feeling uneasy, like something wasn't quite right. Something was about to happen, something terrible. She could feel it in the air. Her baby was crying where he lay in his crib. Perhaps he, too, felt the uneasiness that pervaded the very air around their home in Godric's Hollow?

She was about to pick her child up from the crib when she heard it; the loud cracking sound as the front door was ripped of its hinges. The air in the Hollow dropped below the freezing point. Lily didn't need to go downstairs to see what had happened; she knew. She had felt it all night. Something terrible had just happened and she had a good guess as to what it was.

||The Dark Lord. Voldemort!||

She spat the word even as she thought it.

Lily was snapped out of her thoughts as she heard footsteps stop right outside the door, the only thing standing between her and the most feared dark wizard of all time was a wooden door. A pathetic obstacle in Voldemort's path to glory and power.

"No, no. My poor baby, why?" she moaned, frustration tingeing her voice.

"WHY?" She screamed at the closed door. There was no need to be quiet, since he knew she was in there anyway. With no way out, and no means to escape death and pain he would bring her, Lily stood firm.

Lily grabbed her baby and held him tightly against her chest as the door was pushed open by the world's most feared wizard, a cruel Dark Lord.

She looked at him, staring directly into his blood-red eyes, shivering at the malice in them. He had been-and still was, to some extent-a handsome man, she knew, having seen pictures of him; Hogwarts Head boy and top student. But those eyes were terrible, crimson like the flames of hell.

||A vision of Hell shines through those cruel eyes...||

The red eyes had once been green, like hers and Harry's.

He was walking calmly towards her, no words having been exchanged. Harry had stopped crying as he stared quietly at the stranger in front of himself and his mother.

"Don't hurt him, don't hurt my baby," moaned Lily, barely able to speak.

Voldemort didn't answer her, as he was looking at the child in her arms. Black hair like himself, and his old green eyes.

He raised his wand and pointed it at Lily without looking at her, staring the whole time at the infant Harry. Lily whimpered in fright, struggling with herself to not show her fear.

Should I put Harry down? I could spare him that way, throw him away so that he isn't hit by the curse.

But Voldemort gave her no time to decide as he whispered the two deadly words under his breath. But he pointed the wand at her lower body so that the curse didn't hit the child.

When the lifeless and cold body of Lily Evans Potter, famous fighter for the Light and beloved mother and wife, fell to the floor with the child still in her arms, Voldemort stood beside the corpse, looking at the large, frightened eyes and the mouth opened in a silent scream.

He bent down and took the child from the cold arms of the former thorn in his side and placed him in his crib. Tucking him in tightly before leaving him to sleep sweetly one meter from his dead mother, Voldemort left the Hollow and disappeared into the dark night.

For the first and last time, Voldemort, the Dark Lord, spared someone from a painful death, and spared their life.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

James had, after some years, started to live again. He had met someone special, a lady named Janet. He quickly fell in love again, she was so like Lily, and both he and his friends thought it was about time he started to see someone new. Years of crying would not bring Lily back; nothing would.

James and Harry had left the wizard world weeks after Lily's death. They lived in a cosy house south of London.

Lily Evans' death had been a shock for the wizarding world. One of the foremost light fighters against He Who Must Not Be Named and the Death Eaters was killed in her own home in front of her child. But an even greater shock was the fact that her son had survived without a scratch. Harry James Potter was spared by the Dark Lord, named by society as The Boy Who Was Spared. Nobody knew why he had been spared, but many interesting and fantastic theories were speculated upon. The boy and his father left the magical world right after the news about Lily's death came out, and the public never got their answers.

James needed a job, and therefore took a job at Nursery school. He didn't have a muggle education, but he was fairly good with kids and was able to get the job. Besides, the boss really liked him. It was a good solution; he would earn money, have something to do, and look after Harry at the same time. It was at the Nursery school that he met Janet, his co-worker and the one who had been responsible for showing him around the workplace. They soon became good friends and after two years, they moved in together and were married.

Harry grew up surrounded by other children. He was at the Nursery school with his father from 8 am to 5 pm every weekday. But he was a loner and didn't often play with the kids, rarely smiling or laughing as most children did. James and Janet thought he still was in shock from the night Voldemort came, but after some years they realised it was just the way he was.

He would sit by himself or by the older children, and James and Janet would sit down by him and try to make him laugh. But they rarely managed; he wasn't even ticklish! The only time he would smile a bit was when someone would hurt themselves or someone he didn't like humiliated themselves by doing something stupid. James hoped that it was simply a sign that Harry's pranking heritage was starting to surface, and not anything worse.

There were many things that Harry didn't like. The other kids his age ran around and made loud noises, which he hated. He liked it when it was quiet, like at night, he liked the nights.

Harry was so lucky as to get a half sister when he was four and a half. Her name was Sophia, and his father and new stepmother absolutely adored her. "She's such a sweet child. Aww, look at her, she wants to play with her big brother!" Mind you, she had a strong grip and had grabbed a fistful of Harry's long black hair, trying to rip it from his scalp, which wasn't something that a sane person would call playing. Well, James and Janet weren't exactly sane when sweet, adorable Sophia came to the world. Harry had never seen anything grosser in his life; how could you find a drooling, smelling and noisy lump of babbling meat sweet?

As Sophia grew older, James and Janet noticed just how different their two children were from each other. Harry was calm and quiet, while Sofia was always active and noisy.

Sophia loved the Nursery school; she loved playing with the other kids and with her parents. She soon became the 'favourite child', the darling of the Potter family. Everybody loved her...well, everybody except Harry, that is. He didn't mind her the first few minutes of her stay in the Potter household. He thought of her as a blessing at first; when she came, James and Janet would be so busy with her that perhaps they would stop bugging him for a while. He would finally manage to get some peace!

But then the annoying thing opened her mouth.

"Ah, my head, my head, my precious HEAD!"

How could such a small thing make so much noise??????

Harry almost believed that there was somebody out there watching over him when James told him that he could go to a muggle Primary school if he wanted to when he was 5. Of course he wanted to go; a place without James, Janet and Sophia, his extremely annoying half sister, was a paradise on earth.

There was only one major drawback to the whole muggle school thing; there would be lots of other kids there. Annoying, noisy and disgusting children! But he just told himself, "There are older kids there too, stick to them!"

So Harry Potter, The Boy Who Was Spared, started at St. Paul Primary school on a warm September morning, congratulating himself on getting away from his family.

The school wasn't so bad. His first year there, he befriended some older kids; Mack, a third year, and Kyle, a second year, quickly became his best friends. The three of them were always seen together. In Harry's second year, a new kid started at St. Paul's. Harry saw right away that this was a boy to his liking. Blaise Zabini was very similar to Harry, with black hair and sharp eyes, although they were black, not green like Harry's.

So the trio became a quartet, and they didn't let anybody else in; the other children weren't worth their time. Though many tried to befriend them, none succeeded. They were known by many names, 'The Four', 'The Famous four' and the most popular 'The Feared Four'. Harry was the unspoken 'leader,' though he wasn't known as Harry Potter. He used the nickname Midnight.

Harry knew who he was, and he knew what had happened to his mother. The wizarding world called him The Boy Who Was Spared, and his name was known by most, so he hid his identity. When Mack and Kyle first asked what his name was, he told them they could call him what ever they wanted. They called him Midnight. His hair was black as the world at midnight and he was as calm and cool as it. From that day on, he only reacted to his new name and even told the teachers to call him that, ignoring them until they obeyed.

So Midnight was the nickname of the leader of the Feared Four whom ruled St. Paul primary school. If you wanted to be cool and popular, you had to be liked by the Feared Four, and if you had a death wish, you just had to get on their bad side. The latter wasn't a popular choice.

Midnight was never seen studying, but even so, he was one of the top students. His intelligence made him even more respected and he was never in trouble with the teachers. After all, their top student would never do anything wrong!

Life was good for Midnight, but his father and stepmother didn't like the way he was acting.

"Why can't he be like our darling Sophia?"

He was always wearing dark clothes, listening to what James and Janet liked to call 'devil music', and he had no respect for his elders. Though they were glad that he was doing so well at school, they would have liked to see him act a bit more like them, 'normal people'; happy, joyful, Gryffindorish. They had both been in Gryffindor at Hogwarts, and there had never been a Potter in any House other than the red and gold, but they feared that would change when Harry, or Midnight, as he liked to call himself now, was accepted to the school.

James knew that Harry would get a Hogwarts letter and he wanted to him to go. Perhaps the wise Albus Dumbledore could fix Harry. But Harry needed to learn magic or he would have problems when school started. So James started to teach his son some basic magic when Harry started at primary school. It was also a convenient excuse for James to see Harry more often. Now that the boy was in school, he rarely got to speak to his son.

They trained with Lily's wand since she and Harry were more alike. James believed that Harry would grow up to be very powerful since both of his parents had been. He was right; Harry was indeed powerful, and his thirst for knowledge helped him to quickly absorb the lessons on the art of magic.

Midnight's Hogwarts letter came via an old looking school owl two weeks before he was to take a train to the school itself.

Life just got brighter and darker at the same time. On the good side; Midnight was going to Hogwarts, miles and miles away from the other Potters, for nearly a year at the time!

On the downside, Midnight was supposed to start secondary school with Blaise after the summer break at the same school Mack and Kyle went to. Mack, who was two years older, had started attending Winsted secondary school two years ago, and one year later, Kyle followed. After the break, the Feared Four was supposed to get together again. That wasn't going to happen now, though.

It wasn't going to be easy, as the other three would surely demand an explanation about his sudden transfer to another school. On top of that, Midnight would be alone in a huge school surrounded by lots of stupid and annoying people who would all find out that he was The Harry Potter at the welcoming feast.

But life must go on, and this was just a part of it, he thought to himself.

What Midnight didn't know was that 80 feet down the street an equally black haired boy thought the same thing as he sat in his room reading his Hogwarts letter.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨ TBC.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

Hey did you like it? I know it wasn't very much action in this chapter but I had to let you get facts, lay down plans.

Next chapter our two black angels will go to Hogwarts : )
Sign up to rate and review this story