Categories > Games > Silent Hill > Story's End

Beauty: An Epilogue

by AnarchicQ 0 reviews

Compleate:: A final moment of storytime from one Patient of Brookhaven to another...Art of Moroi can be found at anarchicq.deviantart.com

Category: Silent Hill - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters:  Stanley Coleman - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2005-05-06 - Updated: 2005-05-06 - 1019 words

1Exciting
DISCLAIMER: Silent Hill is owned by Konami and not me, much to the chagrin of my grumbling stomach. Moroi and all her fucked up head-works belong to me.
This disclaimer iz pastede on yay!

Beauty- an Epilogue

A Silent Hill fic by Q

"And you will find beauty in the toughest of places. And I will be thinking of you. . ." Shaye - "Beauty"

Somehow, Moroi Kagyuu's stiff, smarting hand retained it's loose hold on the gun as her head swam, the slight sloshy sounds of brains and bits coming to a rest around the room. She blinked lazily.

Then she screamed. Her howl crescendo'd into a wail of despair and overwhelming stress. The small girl backed up against the firmness of the wall, or door, or whatever held her back. Her stare, gone from dazed to wild, was focused on what used to be Harakiri.

The trials of the past few hours were now barraging her mind as if a floodgate had been opened. Her senses were pounded with the diseased, twisted world around her, and the memories it brought.

Moroi tangled her free hand into her messy, slick hair, huffing with emotion before letting out another tormented yowl.

Stanley, Korosu, and so many of the figments in her mind...

Gone.

So much death.

Moroi let out yet another banshee's keen, wrist flicking so that the barrel of the gun nuzzled against her temple, tangled in her frazzled hair.

"No, Moroi!" Growl materialized onto the disheveled bed, a claw reaching out to stop her.

"NO!" Screamed the girl, normally sunny eyes looking so dead, and lost. "Don't you understand?! Everything I am is GONE!"

"Moroi..." The beast replied, slowly. "You're not alone. This isn't Hell. And I'm still here for you."

"NO!" Moroi turned the gun upon the beast, discharging a bullet into the mattress as the monster's feet. "I'm warning you, Growl. Don't try to stop me. I wanna leave this place!"

Growl turned his large, spiny head towards the smoking bullet hole by his talons, yet took a step off of the bed, and yet another towards Moroi.

"Look behind you."

Moroi narrowed doubting eyes, returning the barrel to her temple. "You want to trick me." She sneered.

"Korosu's been given peace." Countered Growl, extending a claw (which looked oddly similar to Harakiri's arms, just on a smaller scale.) past the girl's shoulder.

With a trembling breath, the asian slowly, ever slowly turned her head to glance past her shoulder. Past the chain link and pane of glass that was the wall, Moroi could see where Korosu last lay.

He remained in the same spot, yet his shirt was inexplicably pulled up to his pectorals, page upon page of blank papers taking flight from his open, un-muddied gut. The pages fluttered and twisted upwards, dancing gracefully into the form of a cross.

"Th...they're blank." Moroi observed with a dull sort of naivety."He's...getting his clean slate...!" Moroi let out a tired half-chuckle of triumph. "He's lucky. I wish him well..."

"You see, Moroi? It'll be alright."

"Yeah..." She agreed, yet with stipulations. "But not for me."

The hammer clicked audibly as Moroi turned back to face Growl, the gun once again taking up that familiar position. "The stories were mutilated." Apparently, Moroi lost her author-bred eloquence as she followed up her dire words with "This ending sucks!"

"NO!"

"Hey-..."

Moroi and the beast both paused and blinked at each other as a third voice echoed about the room. It's source was obviously rooms over, and Moroi turned her eyes to the corresponding direction.

The wall was still one of metal and glass, a maze of grating and glass, which spanned for a good long while and Moroi could clearly spy the innards of the rooms beyond. Moroi let her view rest on the image of a young blonde, standing many many yards away. The asian couldn't make out distinguishing features, but the woman's tired voice rang out, bouncing along the labyrinth of metal and smooth panes, to Moroi's small ears.


"Heather, my most sacred lover. I'm always watching you.
No matter where you are or what you may be doing,
I have never lost sight of you.
I know you feel intensely lonely."

Moroi's vision became streaked and blurred, her lips curling into the tiniest of smiles.

"Yet with a single key to this door, those feelings won't stand in
the way any longer.
We haven't been able to see each other for so long.
Be patient --- it's just a little longer.
I'll be patient, too, even though I long to hold you in
these hands of mine."

Such sweet, devoted and loving words...

The girl found her lips enounceating along with the recited prose, moving smoothly and by memory. Stanley often read aloud his love tidings to Moroi, and she drank in every word, locking them away within her mind.

"There's not a single person here who's right in the head.
Not just in this hospital --- I mean in all of Silent Hill.

Except me.

Stanley Coleman"

The tears in Moroi's eyes spilled over as her cheeks lit up in a smile. She sniffled, slight frame trembling a touch.

Slowly, the young survivor lowered her weapon, letting it clatter numbly and lifelessly to the ground.

"S-...They were wrong..." She concluded, wiping a fist across a wet eye. "You were right. . ."Moroi hiccupped out a sob, one shaking with accomplishment and congratulatory praise. Moroi's purposes fulfilled and spent.

"She came to you, Stanley. . ." It didn't much matter what happened to her now. The girl just sat, resigned to her guardianship title.

The Snailgirl of Brookhaven.

"...She found you."

Sat Aug 14 10:09pm
-This took me two days. Again, I was constently interrupted.
-I hope I got the location of that particular Coleman book correct. Anyone wanna tell me otherwise, feel free.
-Well, I suppose that's all. I want to thank all my reviewers and readers. I hope
you've enjoyed this fic. Tell your friends about it! Yeeees. Let Moroi rule the world! Give your love to the SnailGirl!
-Thank you to Wrath. Because I say so!
Sign up to rate and review this story