Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Visit

by StellaWasHere 0 reviews

Sasuke is finally captured and taken back to Konoha. Before he is put to death, he means to apologize to the one he hurt the most. [Oneshot, KibaSaku]

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Kiba, Sakura, Sasuke - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-02-11 - Updated: 2007-02-11 - 422 words - Complete

-1OOC
A/N: Angst, anyone?

oOo

"Sasuke Uchiha." Her emerald eyes aren't alight anymore, like they used to be when she said my name. "How long has it been? How many years has it taken?"

"Eight." I answer. My hands are bound because they're afraid I'm going to escape. I could easily break the rope, but I'm tired of running. "I was fourteen when I left, and I'm twenty-two now."

"Hn." It's like she's not listening. Where is the pink haired kunoichi I remember? She takes a cigarette out of her pocket, and holds it between her teeth as she lights it. I don't know when she took up smoking, but I wrinkle my nose at the smell.

"We had quite a time catching up with Orochimaru. All to get you back." Sakura inhales deeply, and when she exhales, it's a gray fog.

"And he's dead now." I murmur. I'm not sad. I'm done evading Konoha, and Itachi is dead, so I have no use for the Sound Village.

Sakura is silent for a few moments.

"I'm married now. Four months ago," She says out of nowhere, her eyes downcast, "To Inuzuka Kiba."

"Oh." I'm shocked, but I don't ask questions.

"He's a good man. He would never leave me." She taps the cigarette gently with her finger. The ashes on the end fall to the ground. It doesn't matter, because the floor in the correctional facility is already gray and dirty. "He would never run from the problem pursuing him. He's brave."

"From what I remember." I agree.

More silence.

"They've decided. Death sentence." She doesn't show remorse. "Have you heard?"

I nod. This question is a bit more difficult. How things have changed. I am going to die here, in my birth village. Sakura seems so much stronger than me.

"It was nice to see you, Sasuke." She drops what is left of the cigarette and crushes it with the toe of her shoe to extingush the flame. The flames of everything she felt for me. I want to protest. I want to ask her how she is, have a conversation, but I cannot bring up the words I need to say. I cannot apologize.

And then she's walking away.

And I'm going to die, but I don't mind. "And you, 'Kura-chan." I murmur absentmindedly. "And you as well. Go home to him. He deserves you. Let him take care of you..."

I realize that I am talking to myself. And that she will never listen, never hear my wishes.

END
Sign up to rate and review this story