Categories > Celebrities > Green Day > Shenanigans

Chapter 14

by spgdfreak 2 reviews

read it

Category: Green Day - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-02-11 - Updated: 2007-02-11 - 2556 words

0Unrated
Rory's POV
I pulled up my knees so I could rest my forehead on them, and sighed, trying as hard as I possibly could to stop crying.
So, they found out about why I'd been so quiet about my parents. Why I couldn't let them over my house ever to learn the truth, and why I got so quiet when they mentioned parents. Mine were dead, and they still had their's. They didn't know, and I kind of preferred it that way.
I heard the door to Billie's room open, but I didn't bother looking back up. I felt a weight besides me and a sympathetic hand placed on my shoulder, and I sniffled.
"Oh, Farore," I heard Alaina whisper, and I lifted up my head. "I'm so sorry."
"I can't believe they told you," I muttered, wiping away a tear.
"Why didn't you tell us?" I didn't want to look at her face. I didn't want to see the concern or sympathy.
"I was going to, I really was. It's not like I wanted to hide it, I just didn't want everybody to feel as if I needed them to be overly cautious when discussing parents or anything. And it's not like it really bothers me that they told you..."
"Then why are you so upset? Why are you crying?" She pushed the hair out of my face and made me look at her.
"A few reasons."
"Such as...?"
"Well, the fact you all now know is a little overwhelming." I nodded my head slightly. "Mike yelled at me."
"Oh. Why?" Lane put her arm around me.
"He wanted to talk to me, and I had gotten a little snippy. He said he's glad he went with W. And... and he told me I can't handle the truth. But the thing is, he's right, Lane. He's right. I can't." I shook my head, and choked down the sobs that were threatening to erupt. Lane gave me a hug, and we were both silent for a few moments.
"Look, I think you're both just very confused about what's happening between you guys. I know hereally cares about you, even with his bitch Whatsername." I chuckled a bit.
"But, hey, everything will turn out all right in the end. It always does." She sounded so confident.

"How can you be so sure?"
"Just trust me."
And I did trust Lane. She was honestly one of the best friends I'd ever had, and right now I needed a little optimism in my life. So I nodded.
"Look, Mike and I have to get home before it gets too late, so I'll see you tomorrow. Don't do
anything I wouldn't do."
"Okay, so I can get pregnant?" She glared at me when I said that. "Kidding, kidding." I held up my arms in defense.
"Take care of yourself tonight." Lane told me and walked out of the room.
"Okay..." I said to no one in particular. I shook my head, and thought about what happened. Everyone
would be different towards me now that they know my secret. I couldn't go back out there, not now. I silently prayed that Blake, Haushinka, and Lorraine would be able to find their way back to my house as I walked across the room and opened Billie's window, carefully slipping out to the grass below the window. Sneaking out of his house was much easier than mine, since his house is one story. I ran across his backyard and jumped the fence, knowing exactly where I was headed.

Tre's POV
I didn't know how long we all just sat there in silence, staring. We had been hit with information that was huge. Rory's parents were dead, and that's why she was here, living in our city, going to our school. She never told us. But it did make sense. She never let us go over to her house or find out where she lived. She never talked about her parents around us. And, shockingly enough, with all this happening, Billie Joe was still drooling over Haushinka.
It was sickening, really.
"So... uh, Haushinka. You got a boyfriend in England?" Billie Joe mustered up his best seductive voice, causing Jason White to bust out laughing. Billie shot him a filthy look, causing me to chuckle.
"No." Haushinka stated simply, batting her eyelashes at Billie. I rolled my eyes, wishing I didn't have to watch this.
"Why don't we go talk somewhere more..." Billie looked around the room. "Private?"
"Sounds nice." Billie Joe helped Haushinka stand, and the two of them walked into the kitchen. I looked over to Adrienne, and I swear she was almost literally flaming with rage.
"Um, I think I'm gonna go home now," Adie said, trying with all her might not to sound angry. She stood up rigidly, completely ignoring Jason, and stormed out of the house. Jason held a blank look and gaped, spreading his arms in confusion. I shrugged, and the room fell silent again. Well, if this isn't the perfect time for an awkward moment? What else could go wrong?

About half an hour later, Billie Joe walked in with messy hair [it's always messy, but I mean make out hair messy] and a dreamy look in his eyes. Haushinka followed with the same look. She straightened her shirt and bit her lip.
In that one moment, I was entirely, utterly disgusted with Billie. I stood up and walked towards the door.
"Where ya going?" Billie Joe asked me. I turned around.
"Home," I growled.
"Where's Adie?" He looked around. The only ones still here were Blake, Lorraine, and myself. Rory might still've been in Billie's room, though.
"She left," I stated simply.
"Why?"
"Because you're a fucktard, that's why."
"Tre-"
"Stuff it, Beej. Happy fucking birthday. I hope it was worth it in the end." I opened the door, stomped out, and slammed it shut as hard as I could to emphasize my anger. How could everything just get ruined all over again? At least nothing was wrong with Lane and I, and I was grateful for that. Knock on wood; I might've just jinxed that. I shook my head, and got into my car. I hope, for sanity's sake, that I didn't.
*
Alaina's POV
The car ride home was silent. Whatsername didn't talk, of course, and after Mike dropped her off we didn't talk, either. I was quite angry with him right now to be honest. Even if Rory agreed with him, it was still wrong. He should leave her alone because something very personal was revealed tonight and it was a sensitive issue.
Maybe I should be on his side, though, because he's my brother. I tried not to think about it. I wondered what it was like back at Billie's. If Adie had knocked the shit out of Haushinka out for making eyes at Billie.
They were all nuts, but I loved them to death.
The driveway was empty, so that meant my mom and Vinnie still weren't back from Amsterdam yet, so Mike and I could skip tomorrow. He parked the car and we walked in the house. I sighed and plopped onto the couch.
"You OK, Lane?"
"Yes. Just the freedom of the tension of everyone together now. It's like everyone's gonna cut someone's head off now."
"Yeah, Adie flipped out when Billie and Haushinka were flirting. She locked herself in the bathroom and Rory had to talk her out. Then, Rory ended up there herself."
"I saw that part, dumbass. Which is why I wanted to talk to you."
I patted the couch for him to sit next to me.
"It's about me and Rory, isn't it?"
"Yeah. What's the deal, Mike? Why did you go apeshit on her? She didn't do anything."
"I know! It's just, looking at her and Jason...it just makes me...I don't know. Jason was my best friend back in the day, but now it's like I want to strangle him when I see him all over Rory. They don't belong together. She belongs with someone more right for her."
"Like you?" I asked, seriously.
"I didn't say-"
"Mike, hello! I'm your other half, despite the fact that you and Billie seem to be in the same boat right now. I can read your brain. It's that weird twin thing we have."
"I know, I know."
"And it's not like you aren't with someone who she can't stand as well. Ya know, no one's too fond of W."
"I know. I realized that," he said, laughing. "It's just...I like her so much. Rory, I mean. I don't really care for W that much, but-"
"Mike, sweetie, make your point so you can prove to yourself what I already know."
"I love Rory and I want her, not Whatsername. I should stop making excuses and dump W and go to Rory. That is, if she'll talk to me ever again." I got up and hugged him.
"Mikey, it looks like we've had another breakthrough. Good job!" I said, patting his back.
He grabbed the remote and flipped on the TV. I went upstairs and got ready for bed. When I got done brushing my teeth, my phone started ringing.
"Hello?"
"I'm so glad you answered!" Tre said, as though he hadn't talked to me in 20 years.
"Well, it IS my cell phone..."
"I mean, I thought, never mind. Look, you need to talk to Adie or something and make sure she's OK."
"Why? What happened?"
"Well, Billie and Haushinka...they...um..."
"Umm, what?"
"They...ya know..."
"WHAT?! THEY JUST MET!"
"I know. And, well, Adie was here when they, ya know, left the room..."
"Tre, babe, why are you being so cryptic tonight?"
"I have no idea," he said as if he were questioning himself.
We both laughed and were quiet for a minute.
"So, how was everything after we left?"
"It was silent, until Billie and Haushinka did their thing, which I still can't believe. I mean, Rory took a huge blow tonight and all those two could think of was getting it on."
"And that's not all you think of?" He sighed at me and I could tell he was rolling his eyes on the other end. "Kidding, babe, kidding. Are you going to school tomorrow?"
"I don't know. Are you?"
"No. I need to sleep and rest my mind. I should probably talk to Adie tomorrow, too, and get her calmed down and not wanting to murder anyone."
"Well, I would tag along, but you need girl time."
"Thanks, Tre, you're the greatest ever. I love you so much."
"I love you, too. Talk to you tomorrow," he said and hung up.
I went downstairs in hopes of telling Mike what his best friend did and see if he would take care of Billie, while I handled Adie. I called his name and looked everywhere. No Mike anywhere. The TV was still on. The bathroom door was open. He wasn't in his room, but there was a note on his bed. I really hoped he didn't jump out the window in order to kill himself. I didn't think he would, but I wasn't sure right now. I picked up the note and flipped it over. Thank goodness it was way too short to be a suicide note.

"Dear Lane,
Went to the park. No Whatsername, I promise. Need to clear my head for a while. If I don't come back by tomorrow, send a search party. Ha ha, just kidding
Love, Mike."

He always went to the park when he got too stressed to even play his bass or when he needed alone time. And believe me, with Vinnie around, we rarely had any privacy at home. I called Rory, but it went to her voicemail. Adie didn't answer her cell phone, either. I just talked to Tre and I really didn't want to talk to Billie right now. Besides, he was probably finishing up what he was doing with Haushinka earlier.
If I felt like it, I would've had a little talk with him, too, on how he was with someone completely wrong for him. Maybe that wasn't my business, either. Maybe I should stop meddling in everyone else's life and worry about my own.
I had no life, however, so that would be hard to do.
I told myself to shut up and go to bed. I would worry tomorrow morning if I still hadn't gone completely insane with no one else to talk to.

Jason/Jesus's POV
I laid my head down to go to sleep. Something was really bothering me tonight, though. I didn't know what it was. I closed my eyes and started dreaming.
Or so I thought it was a dream...
"JIMMY! Hey, buddy! Where'd you go?"
"Oh, please, Relva, you know where I was. You put me there, for crying out loud."
We were back in the bay. The sky was a dark red. We were standing on the dock he shot himself off of.
"No, Jimmy, you did it! I told you! YOU took the gun. YOU shot yourself. It was ALL you. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you more. I should have been. But you took W from me."
"No, Jason, she loved me. She told you you were too much of a good guy. Don't you know, nice guys finish last?"
"STOP IT! SHE LOVED ME!"
"Really? Is that why she dumped you? Is that why she's with Mike now? Speaking of relationships, you have a new one now, I see. How's that going, Jason?"
"Shut the fuck up, Jimmy. You don't know what you're fucking talking about!"
"Do you love her, Jesus? Do you love Rory? Do you love her like I loved W? Do you know her like I knew W?"
"LEAVE ME ALONE!" I said, walking him backward, right toward the edge of the dock. He stepped sideways to me.
"Woah, J, I didn't know you would do that, man. Chill out."
"YOU WANT ME TO CHILL OUT? HOW ABOUT GOING AWAY? HOW ABOUT DOING AWAY WITH YOURSELF COMPLETELY AND MAKING EVERYONE HAPPY?"
"I can't do that, Relva, sorry. But, what if you felt my pain for a while and I came back instead?"
"They'll lock you up at East 12th street. Rory will dump you, too. She only likes nice guys."
"They can't make me go to that crazy house like they did to you, Jesus. And Rory will like me more. And you'll know how it feels to have your love taken away."
"SHE LOVED ME FIRST!"
"No, no she didn't. She only got close to you to get me."
"So what if that is possibly true? Rory will never love you. She loves me and only me."
"She's using you to get to Mike, Jesus. I'll just be helping her own her way." He started walking me backwards toward the dock and spun me around, facing the chilling red sky. He grabbed my shoulders. "I really hate to say it, but I told you so," he said, shoving me into the rusty colored ocean below.
"Say goodbye to Jesus, Jimmy's coming home again," he yelled into the open space. I felt myself falling and the surface seemed to fade away as I blacked out.
Sign up to rate and review this story