Categories > Original > Drama > My Little Angel

My Little Angel

by Skye 2 reviews

I was born on May 9th, 1998. My mom died of cancer when I was 7. And now, one year later, my dad has already made plans to replace her with some stupid Dickerson chick. But, I have a plan. I WILL ...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-02-14 - Updated: 2007-02-14 - 3028 words - Complete

0Unrated
Look at her! Walking around like she owns the place! Ugh! It makes me sick! How could my daddy love something so horrible as that! I mean, honestly, what on God's green earth was he thinking! I would say he was drunk, but my daddy doesn't drink. He must have hit his head on something really hard! I mean REALLY hard!!

"Hey, Emma, would you like to go put on your dress now?", asked Emma's soon-to-be new mother, Heidi Dickerson, with a sweet smile.

No, I would not like to put on my dress you stupid girl!

"Sure, Mrs. Dickerson. Where is it?", asked Emma, returning her smile.

"Oh, it's in the bedroom, and you can call me mom if you'd like. If you don't feel comfortable calling me mom yet, you can just call me Heidi", said Heidi.

"Ok, Mrs. Dickerson. I'll be right back", said Emma, heading to her room to try on her dress. When she got to her room, she saw her dress lying elegantly on her bed. She walk over to it and picked it up.

That's it! It looks like an overly large rag! I am NOT wearing that! It's absolutely ghastly!

"Emma dear, how do you look in your new dress?", asked John, Emma's father, from the other side of her door. She immediately ran to the dress and threw it on over her head.

"Well, who picked it out for me?", asked Emma.

"Your mom did", answered John.

Well, then it looks horrible! And stop calling her my mom! She is NOT my mom! Not now, not ever!

"It looks...great, Dad! Just great!", said Emma.

"Good. Can I come in?", asked John.

"Sure Daddy", she replied.

"Oh Emma! You're growing up so fast! You won't be my little girl for much longer!", said John, embracing her in a tight hug.

Oh boy, here we go!

"Emma! Come down here! I want to see you in your new dress!", hollered Heidi.

Well, I never thought I would be glad to here her voice! Oh well, I guess there's a first and last time for everything!

"Coming Mrs. Dickerson!", she said.

"Mrs. Dickerson? Since when do you call her Mrs. Dickerson?", asked Ron.

Oh! Stupid Emma! Stupid, stupid, stupid! She is Heidi when Daddy is in the room!! Not Mrs. Dickerson!!

"Oh, I mean, Heidi!", she said, walking out of the room. When she got to the bottom of the stairs, she saw Heidi waiting for her.

"Oh boy! I've never had a daughter that would let me do their hair!", squealed Hermione with delight.

What are talking about woman!? You still don't have a daughter that will let you do her hair!

"I thought Aunt Jean was going to do my hair!", said Emma.

I would much rather have her do it than you!

"Well, your Aunt Jean is going to be a little bit late, so, I thought I would do it instead", said Heidi, hopefully.

"Can't I just wait till she gets here?", asked Emma, just as hopefully as Heidi.

"Well, I guess. If you really want to. I mean, she might be a while, but you can wait", said Heidi, hurt.

"Ok. Thanks Mrs. Dickerson", said Emma, running to go greet her best friend, Justine, who had just arrived.

"Hey Justine!", said Emma.

"Hey! I thought you were mad about your dad marrying her", said Justine.

"I am", answered Emma.

"Well, you sound quite cheerful to me!"

"That's because I have a plan!", she said with an evil grin on her face.

"Oh boy! You've thought of another plan that will fail miserably!"

"This one won't fail!", said Emma.

"That's what you said right before your last three attempts to split them up!", said Justine.
"But I'm serious this time!", said Emma. "But, it will have to wait. Aunt Jean is here. She's going to do my hair!", she said, running over to Ginny.

"Emma, darling! How are you! Oh, you look beautiful!!", said Jean, getting out of her car.

"I'm ready for you to do my hair now Aunt Jean".

"Ok then, let's go do it!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~

"Hey, nice hair!", said Justine, as Emma emerged from behind the giant oak tree in the front yard.

"Thanks!", said Emma, with a large grin on her face. Her Aunt Jean had curled it so that she had elegant little ringlets falling down her back and shoulders.

"So, about that plan. What do you have in mind?" asked Justine.

"Well, here is my plan", she said, bending over to whisper her plan in her best friends ear.

"I don't know, Emma. That sounds kinda mean", said Justine. "I mean, I know you hate her, but that's just a horrible thing to do to someone! Even if she is taking your mothers place."

"Oh, Justine! Have you no backbone!?", asked Emma.

"Yes, but.... Emma!! Are you alright?", asked Justine, looking worried. Emma had just thrown herself at the toy chest that Justine was sitting on moments ago.

"Yes, Justine. I'm fine. Now stop screaming! You're going to draw attention to us, then my plan won't work!", said Emma, throwing herself at the toy chest again.

"Like it's going to work anyways", muttered Justine under her breath.

"What? I didn't hear you", said Emma, who was now pinching herself so hard that it drew blood.

"Nothing. Emma, don't you think that's a bit much!?", asked Justine.

"No, I think it's not enough", said Emma, trying hard to think of worse things she could do to herself. "I know! Justine! Go get me a match!"

"EMMA LORRAINE TICEN! I will NOT let you burn yourself! I can't believe you would go that far!", said Justine in disbelief.

"Fine! I guess this will have to do then. Now come on. I can hear my daddy calling for me", said Emma, racing to the other side of the house to meet her father.

"Oh, Emma! There you are", said John once he caught sight of her running to him.

"What is it Daddy?", she asked.

"I just wanted to make sure you knew what to do", said John.

"Yep. I have to walk down the isle and throw these flowers on the floor", she said. "Then, I will go sit in the front row and watch you marry Heidi."

"Good! Ok, I think we're getting everything ready now! Do you want to help?"

"Sure. Justine will help too!", she said, volunteering Justine to help with the decorations.

"Ok, Heidi. Set it up. However you want it!", John said to Heidi.

Heidi signaled for the maids to come in. They carried big vases of pink flowers, and set one vase each on every table. They put a stack of pink napkins next to the vases.

OMG!! It's hideous! What is with all pink? I absolutely despise pink! Ugh! I think I'm going to hurl!

"Ok, I suppose that's it", she Heidi, dismissing the maids.

Ok.....that was a totally waste of time

"So, Emma. What do you think?", asked John, looking very cheerful.

"I think there's WAY too much pink!"

"Yeah, me too. But, I love Heidi enough that it doesn't matter!", he said running over to Heidi and kissing her lightly on the lips.

Eew!! How gross! I'm too young for porn!

"Alright, I think everyone is here, so I think we can start!", said John. "Everyone take your places", he said, signaling the piano player to start playing, while everyone else either took a seat or went to get ready to walk down the isle.

First to go down the isle were Jean and Tim. Next, was Heidi's friend, Amy, and John's friend, Ryan. Then, Emma went, throwing flowers on the ground as she walked. When she got to the end of the isle, she sat in the front row, and watched as her uncles Josh and George walked by, followed by John and Heidi.

When they got the end, the priest began to speak. He droned on and on about how they had to love each other till death and how they should always respect each other and blah, blah, blah. Then, finally, he got to the part that Emma had been waiting for.

"If anyone has any objections of these two being together, speak now, or forever hold your peace!", he said.

Emma suddenly burst into pretend tears. "I'm sorry Daddy! I can't let you marry her!! I won't let you marry her!!! She is mean!!", she screamed.

"Emma! What are you talking about!?", asked John in disbelief that his own daughter would say that.

"Look!", she said, lifting up the sleeve of her dress, showing everyone the bruises and cuts she gave herself only moments ago. Everyone gasped.

"Emma! What did you do?", asked John.

"I didn't do it! SHE did!", said Emma, pointing to Heidi.

John looked around at Heidi. She could see the pain in his eyes and it made her want to cry. "Is this true, Heidi?", he asked in a shaky voice.

"No! I would never do that to her! I love her like she was my own!", said Heidi.

Yeah, right! If you love me so much, why are you trying to take my mom's place!?

"John, please, you have to believe me!". pleaded Heidi.

"Don't listen to her daddy! She did it! I swear she did!", said Emma.

"I'm sorry, Heidi. But.."

"John, no, don't say it, please", said Heidi, tears now falling down her cheeks.

"I can not marry you, Heidi. I can't marry anyone that would do something like this to my baby", he said, hanging his head in shame and walking inside, Emma and Justine right behind him.

Heidi suddenly burst into a line of long, loud sobs, and ran as far from the house as she could. Everyone else just sat there in silence, some whispering among themselves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~

"Are you alright, John?", asked Tim, sitting down by John, trying everything he could thing of to try and cheer him up.

"I..I..I just can't believe she would do something like that!", said John in disbelief.

"I know. I just doesn't seem like something Heidi would do", said Tim, sharing his disbelief.

"I'm gonna go check on Emma. Just to see if she's alright", said John, getting up to go talk to Emma.

"Alright. I'm here if ya need me", said Tim, as John walked away.

He was just about to knock on the door, when he heard something coming from inside Emma's room: laughter. Emma's laughter.

"Hahahah!!! I can't believed that actually worked!", said Emma, laughing madly, unaware of her father on the other side of the door, listening to everyone of her words.

"I know, I thought you were dead for sure!", said Justine, who didn't look or sound quite as cheerful.

"What's wrong with you? Aren't you glad she's gone!?", asked Emma.

"Nothing's wrong", replied Justine.

"Justine, I've been your best friend since I was three. I know when something is wrong with you, and something is wrong with you now", said Emma.

"It's just, didn't you see your dad's face. How sad he looked. I kinda feel bad for him", she said with a sad look on her face.

"Yeah. I wish I could make him feel better. But, I can't. So, I guess he will just have to be sad, at least until he realizes we're better off without her", said Emma.

"Actually, you can make me better", said John, walking into the room, not bothering to knock. Emma froze, and Justine tried to make a run for it, but John stopped her.

"No, Justine. I will tell you when to go", he said. "Emma. Why did you do it? How could you do it? I never would have thought my daughter was that heartless", said John, hanging his head in shame, as a tear fell from his eye.

"No, daddy! I'm not heartless!", cried Emma.

"How could you do something so horrible Emma!?", asked John.

"I..I..I just thought..well, maybe if you married her, you wouldn't have time for mom anymore", said Emma, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall from her eyes.
"Is that it? You thought I wouldn't have time for your mother anymore?"

"That, and I wouldn't be your little angel anymore, she would!", cried Emma, no longer bothering to try and hold back her tears. John chuckled a little. "Daddy! I'm not trying to be funny!", said Emma.

"I know", he said. "It's just funny how you could be so silly! How could you think that I wouldn't have enough time for your mother? I would still take you down to give her flowers and tell her how your day was every Sunday! We just have Heidi with us. That's all!"

"I know, but it still wouldn't be that same!"

"Oh, Emma, you would get used to it. And, Heidi could teach you a lot of things" he said. "And for the little angel comment, you will always be my little angel!"

"Really?"

"Really, really", he said, kissing her lightly on the forehead.

"Daddy?"

"Yes"

"You said I could make you better. How?", she asked.

"Well, you could go apologize to everyone, and Heidi", he said.

"Is there anything other than that I could do?", she asked.

"No, I think that's about it," he said. "Now, what did you do to yourself to get all those cuts and bruises?"

"Well, I ran into a toy chest for the bruises, and pinched my self for the cuts", she confessed.

"And you know about this the whole time?", he asked Justine.

"Yes. I did. She was going to burn herself too, but I wouldn't let her", she answered.

"Well, thanks for stopping her from burning herself, but next time she tries to do something like this, please let me know," said John.

"Ok, I will", she promised.

"Now come on. You two need to go apologize to Heidi and everyone, and tell them I'm going to get married after all!", said John.
"Two?", asked Justine.

"Yes, two. You were in this too", he said.

"Ok, fare enough", she said.

"Oh, also, Emma, you're grounded for two months", he said.

"Two!?", whined Emma.

"Well, I can't ground Justine, so you're going to have to do her time too", he said.

"But, that's not fair!", she said.

"Well, it's also not fair that you lied to everyone, now is it?"

"No"

"Alright then. Also, I think Heidi is in the woods, crying", John informed them.

"Alright, Justine. Let's get this over with", sighed Emma, leading Justine out of the house and towards the woods. They searched for about an hour before the found her, sobbing on a large boulder.

"Heidi?", said Emma.

"What do you want? Have you come to ruin my life some more? Tell me, what did I ever do to you?", asked Heidi.

"No, I'm not here to ruin your life some more", said Emma, ignoring Heidi's last comment. "I'm here, actually, we're here, to apologize"

"What do you mean, WE'RE?", asked Heidi.

"Meet my best friend Justine", said Emma.

"Great! I had people that don't even know me trying to ruin my life!", said Heidi.

"Anyways, we're sorry", said Emma.

"Why did you do it?", asked Heidi with the same hurt voice that her father had used only moments ago.

"Like I told my daddy, I felt like you were taking my mommy's place. I thought that if my daddy married you, he would forget all about her, and everything would change", she said.

"Oh, Emma! I could never take your mommy's place! Your daddy has told me so much about her! I heard she was a really great mom, and I can only hope to be half a good of a mom as she was", said Heidi.

"Yeah, she was a great mom!", said Emma.

"Ok, guys, I know this is the part where you hug and make up and become best friends and stuff, but we have a wedding to get back to, so, can it wait?", asked Justine.

"OH! Yeah, I forgot to tell you! Daddy still want's to marry you! Come on! We're going to miss it!", said Emma, jumping to her feet and pulling Heidi toe backyard where they were having the wedding. When they got there, they found a bunch of people sitting in chairs, and looking very confused.

"Everyone! There is something that my daughter, Emma, has to say to you all!", said John handing the microphone to Emma.

"Hi everyone!", she began with a shaky voice. "As my daddy said, I have something to tell you all. I lied. Heidi didn't beat me or harm me in anyway!" Everyone gasped. "I lied and said she did it because I didn't want my daddy to marry her and forget about my mommy", she continued.

"But, now I know that he would never do something like that. He could never forget about my mommy! No one could. She was the best mommy ever, and now I guess it's time for me to move on, and teach my new mommy, Heidi Elizabeth Ticen, all of my old mommy's tricks and idea's. That way, she too can be the best mommy ever! Now,if you don't mind, I have a wedding to attend to!", she finished, running to the back of the crowd, as the music began to play once more.

Once again, everyone went down the isle. Tim and Jean, Amy and Ryan, herself, and Josh and George. The priest said his speech just like last time, only this time, when he asked if anyone had any objections, everyone stayed silent. Then, he finally got to the part that Emma had been waiting for.

"You may now kiss your bride"

John lifted Heidi's chin and kissed her tenderly on the lips.
"I told you your plan would fail!", said Justine.

"Yeah, but this time, I think it failed for the best", said Emma, as she watched her mom and dad with approval in her eyes

________________________________________________________________

A/N: Ok, so leave me a review letting me know what you thought! Thanks!
Sign up to rate and review this story