Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Rain Shower

Rain Shower

by Grassy 3 reviews

For the first time in his life, the rain caught Kyou by complete surprise. [Kyou x Tohru]

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kyo, Tohru - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-02-15 - Updated: 2007-02-16 - 373 words - Complete

2Ambiance
Title: Rain Shower
Author: Grasshopper (A.K.A. The Undertaker's Muse)
Rated: G
Warnings: Romantic flu~ff, het.
Fandom: Fruits Basket
Spoilers: Manga chapters 129+, I suppose.
Pairings: Sohma Kyou x Honda Tohru
Summary: For the first time in his life, the rain caught Kyou by complete surprise.
Author's Notes: Aww~ Kyouru cuteness... sighs happily Once upon a time, I was totally not sold on this pairing. I didn't hate it or anything (unlike my extreme dislike of Yukiru), but I couldn't see it happening, either. Sensei, however, finally managed to make me see the light.
Disclaimer: All things Fruits Basket belong to Takaya Natsuki-sensei. Grassy only lays claim to the plot.


Despite the heavy dampness of the wind, Kyou didn't think anything strange of it. Not once did he entertain the possibility of rain, used as he was to his own body's early warning signals in that regard. But no longer was he imbued with the spirit of the nekotsuki; the cat spirit's particular quirks and oddities no longer having an influence on his body.

The first few droplets of moisture that hit his skin caught Kyou's attention immediately, almost making the fur he no longer had bristle at the wetness. Looking up at the cloudy sky, red eyes were inundated with raindrop after raindrop.

Kyou was frozen where he stood, unable to even cast a worried look at Tohru as she frantically attempted to cover herself from the sudden shower.

"It's raining."

"Eh?" Wide eyes half-hidden behind her damp hair and jacket hood, Tohru stared at the former Cat in confusion.

"Tohru. It's raining." He smiled gently at her, hands pulling her body closer to his own. Forehead to forehead, he pressed a soft, lingering kiss upon her lips. "It's raining."

Kyou watched as realization followed by elation spread across her flushed features.

"Kyou-kun..." Thin arms wrapped around his wiry frame, holding him just as firmly as he held her.

"I never realized," he murmured, breath whispering across her lips, "just how nice the rain feels. Except for the wet part, that is."

"Un." Tohru smiled beatifically, making Kyou's heart skip a beat. "We need an umbrella."

"Yeah."

Neither moved from where they stood, wrapped tightly in one another's embrace.


The End
Sign up to rate and review this story