Categories > Anime/Manga > Juuni Kokki > Stories of Change

Tai - Winter Break

by fujis 0 reviews

September 5: A winter morning just like any other

Category: Juuni Kokki - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gyousou, Taiki - Published: 2005-09-08 - Updated: 2005-09-08 - 366 words

0Unrated
Tai-koku was a cold kingdom filled with ice and snow. Even the palace was freezing but the beauty of crystal litter the frozen land. People had to create certain doom buildings to grow anything in this harsh climate. Frozen waste land some people would call it with disasters like flooding to other periodical problems.

Nevertheless it was home to Tai-ou and his Taihou. One that cannot abandon or get rid of for it is their duty. Yet for the Kirin of Tai he still felt glum with his inability to help out in the politics of his kingdom. However, those around treat him as a child telling him it is fine to just grow up at a pace and worry about it later.

Usually Taiki's duties reside in several trusted officials of Tai-ou they made sure that paperwork that the youth still had to learn about would be in this world of foreign rituals and concepts so different from Hourai.

So like any other day Taiki would awaken to a winter morning and just like any other he would get up dress and head off to check up on his King. It became regular practice for him to go and watch Gyousou at his work behind a mountain full of paper. Sometimes Taiki would think that if the world were made up with paperwork then surely it would topple from sheer winds.

If he was such a bratty child he would have just done that create some form of gusty wind and blow away all this paperwork for he felt that even though it was important documents. Gyousou should mind his health and take a break once in a while.

Feeling eyes glancing at him the King paused in his writing to glances in welcome. "Kouri..." Placing down the brush he open his arms, "Come here."

Obeying Taiki went to his master's arms even though he couldn't stop Gyousou from doing paperwork. Like all winter mornings the silver white hair King would stop in welcome. Even though Taiki could never tell him to work he at least was reassured that the other would greet him and talk to him a bit before going back to work.
Sign up to rate and review this story