Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Something Golden

Another Word For Desperate

by moocow 14 reviews

Go listen to that song. 2 out of 17 plot twists are located in this chapter.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2007-02-19 - Updated: 2007-02-19 - 1947 words

3Exciting
-----/Evie/-----

"Evie," I chose to ignore the fact I was waking from a sleep I never even wanted to wake from.

"Go away," I mumbled. Joe smirked.

"I can't really," I slowly opened my eyes and observed the dim room, the curtains tightly shut to block out the morning sun. "You're holding onto me too tightly," I blinked and pulled my arms away, rolling onto my back and lifting the sheet higher up my chest.

"What time is it?" I asked. Joe shifted closer and I eyed him for a moment.

"Close to ten," I sat straight up and stared bewildered at him.

"Joe!" I hissed. He laughed but grabbed my sides so I would lye back down.

"Heather took Serafina out to the zoo, so it's ok," I nervously chewed on my lip for a moment but sat up again, Joe copying. I sighed and rubbed a hand down my face.

"This is going to break me down," I mumbled. Joe rubbed my back.

"Pete needs to get his priorities straight," I looked at him.

"Joe, if I tell him Serafina is his, he'll have two responsibilities," I gulped. "I mean, his girlfriend's pregnant," Joe frowned.

"Evie, you just need to relax," I shook my head.

"There's no way to do that," I mumbled. "Without knowing things will be remotely alright," Joe sighed again.

"There's always a plan in store," I lowered my eyes.

"I've lost my faith in Pete," Joe didn't flinch.

"That's alright," I glanced at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Why?" I asked. Joe brought me into a hug and I wrapped my arms loosely around his neck.

"Because Pete needs to realize a few things before he takes another stupid chance," I rested the side of my face on his shoulder as he spoke again. "He has to learn to love himself before loving somebody else," I hummed.

"Is that why we never got figured out?" Joe shrugged.

"One of you had doubts," I took a breath.

"I honestly don't ever think I doubted Pete," I paused in realization. "Meaning Pete didn't really believe in us," Joe lifted me up and tilted his head.

"Pete believed alright," he swallowed. "He just had to hide from Andy and Bobby," I creased my eyebrows together.

"Joe," I cried. "I'm a dirty whore," I whispered, looking away. Joe shook his head.

"No your not," I cut him off.

"No!" I yelped, chest heaving with pre-tears. "I know I am. For Christ's sake," I pulled at my hair slightly. "I cheated on Andy while we were engaged with Pete," I rested one hand on my stomach. "And that's when I got pregnant," Joe was about to speak again and I shook my head, the tears starting to slip down from the corner of my eyes. "And then, while I was carrying that poor kid I was with Bobby, and still," I hiccupped. "Pete was around and...and,"

My body jerked suddenly and I widened my eyes as I got cut off by Joe's lips. My hands tensed at his shoulders and I almost pushed him away until that little thing called lust came knocking at my brain. My eyes shut and I moved my hands higher to play with the hair at the back of his neck. Joe pulled away and gulped, eyeing me.

"You need to learn to shut up sometimes," I smirked and felt my cheeks flare, looking away.

"Sorry," I mumbled. Joe shook his head.

"Are you alright with this?" he asked.

I shivered as his fingers slipped under my cami to massage my side. I chewed on my bottom lip again and nodded. Joe closed the space between us again and lowered us until my back hit the mattress. His lips trailed down my jaw line and I closed my eyes.

"Dirty little secret?" I whispered. Joe pulled away and locked our eyes for a moment.

"Just a dirty little secret,"

-----/Pete/-----

I stared up at the ceiling, trying to make out more lines and verses in my mind. Sighing, I lowered my eyes to Adine sleeping soundly in my arms, head resting on my chest and legs intertwined in mine. The sheet rested around our waists, the sunlight of summer coming through the blinds, but not blinding either of us. She let out a tired moan and her hand twitched slightly. I frowned and lowered my hand to her stomach, clothed in a tight fitting neon pink cami.

"Pete," she mumbled. I hummed. "What are you doing?" she asked. I looked down at her.

"I...I guess I'm trying to comfort baby," she smirked.

"That's silly," I frowned deeper.

"I guess," I mumbled, taking my hand away.

I turned my head to look at my phone on my nightstand. Out of curiosity, I picked it up and flipped open the screen to find Patrick had called me. Adine sat up and observed me as I copied and leaned against the headboard.

"Petey," she spoke, rubbing her hand on my thigh. I wasn't in the mood, but I smiled none the less.

"What?" I asked eyeing her lazy eyes. Adine stood up and adjusted her top.

"I'm gonna get ready for work, alright?" I nodded and she started towards the bathroom, taking a bundle of clothes with her. I looked back down at my phone and pressed a few buttons before pushing up to my ear.

"Pete, Patrick's waking David and Alex up," I heard Izzy's tired voice before she sneezed.

"Are you ok?" I asked. She laughed lightly.

"I have a cold, nothing major," she paused. "Is it true that Evie's gotten in contact with us again?" my heart skipped a beat and I cleared my throat.

"I saw her last night," I lowered my eyes. "She's back, I guess," Izzy seemed to be cured by this and squealed.

"Peter!" she hissed, happily. "This means I can get my best friend back," she took a breath. "Patrick!" I laughed as I heard a few mumbles in the background before the phone switched over.

"What did you do to Izzy?" Patrick asked. I smiled to myself.

"I think Joe got Evie to come back," Patrick gasped slightly. "He kind of bumped us together last night," Patrick laughed.

"How is she?" he asked. I sighed, feeling a genuine smile tugging at my lips.

"She seemed fine, just..." I creased my eyebrows together. "Something seemed off," Patrick coughed slightly.

"Well maybe it's just because you haven't seen her in a long time," I shook my head to myself.

"It's not that," Patrick cut me off.

"She's missing something," I closed my eyes.

"Me?" I asked. Patrick sighed.

"Maybe," he gulped. "That or she really didn't want anybody to find her," I frowned at the thought.

"You think she's hiding something?" I asked. Patrick sighed again.

"That's for one of us to figure out,"

-----/Evie/-----

Joe left a few hours later, leaving me feeling somewhat empty. It was the fact I felt like I was betraying Pete still, even though he was well on his way to being tied down. Things weren't supposed to be like this, and yet I still let these things happen. I sighed to myself and glanced down at Serafina as she slept soundly in her bed.

"Poor baby," I whispered. Heather walked through the doorway.

"You know what's so funny?" she asked. I glanced at her.

"What?" I asked. Heather smirked.

"My mom thinks I'm spending too much time here," I nodded.

"I'm sorry I dragged you into this," she shook her head and raised her arms up.

"I'm honored," she paused to stand next to me. "I get to play mother to fucking Pete Wentz' kid," I laughed for a moment before running a hand through my hair.

"I'm confused on weather or not to ruin his life," Heather widened her eyes.

"You think Serafina would do that?" I shrugged.

"His girlfriend would hate me," Heather laughed.

"You're talking to Fall Out Boy #1 fan here," I eyed her. She sighed. "Pete's girlfriend's a whore," I blinked madly.

"Are you just saying that because she stole Pete Wentz away?" Heather started to blush.

"Evie, you were considered a whore too, but you were kept more secret than Adine is," she paused. "Adine likes the spotlight," I raised and eyebrow before sneering.

"Does this mean I'm hated by millions of teenaged girls?" Heather shook her head and crouched down to go through her bag until she pulled out a magazine, flipping to a half page article on this girl named Adine.

"Pete Wentz' girlfriend makes a name for herself," I mumbled, staring at the picture of her dancing rather suggestively on a table, pretty much everyone in the background with odd faces, random men looking aroused. I scoffed.

"Evie, look," Heather pointed to a small poll on the corner of the page where I found a picture of Pete and I in public, holding hands.

"I never knew I was captured by paparazzi," Heather sighed and pointed at it again.

"It's a poll, dumbass," I smirked before seeing an almost identical picture of Pete with Adine. "89% of readers think you are a hell of a lot better girlfriend than Adine is," I gulped.

"I'm famous," I mumbled. Heather shook her head.

"Notorious," she corrected, pointing to the small article. "Read," I gulped and let my eyes scan over the print.

"Famous bass player from the #1 band on the charts Fall Out Boy/, Pete Wentz, seems to be making bad choices in girlfriends lately. Almost a year ago, the 'mystery woman' known as a one Evie Wenz became missing in the world of Pete. In place, dissolved Miss Adine Guarder, a wild, crazy and /promiscuous woman at 21," I gulped and Heather sighed.

"Read it, so many people are on your side, Ev," I nodded and glanced down again.

"Many members of the Fall Out Boy entourage agree that Guarder is out of control, and isn't good publicity for the band. Wenz on the other hand seemed to keep things under wraps, only the important things being leaked. Important being Wentz and her's engagement early 05' before the release of /From Under The Cork Tree/." I took a shaky breath.

"What's the matter?" Heather asked. I shook my head.

"This is crazy, Heather," I whispered, reading on.

"Front man Patrick Stump stated, 'Things were a lot better back then, when it wasn't always about looking glamorous and it was more about feeling amazing and having somebody to lean on,' With the band beginning pre-production of the new album due out next year, all Fall Out Boy fans can do is just wait to see what is in store for everybody's favorite bass player," My voice cracked and Heather frowned, taking the magazine from me and pulling me into a hug.

"Evie, I'm sorry," I shook my head.

"I feel so bad," I whispered and looked at her. "Heather, for god's sake," Heather was about to respond when Serafina made a sound of discomfort and coughed. I glanced down at her and raised m eyebrows.

"Sisi?" I called. She began to cry silently and I felt my heart racing. It was just another one of those secrets I had to keep. Heather knew though and helped me pick her up, Serafina opening up her mouth as I pushed a finger into her cheek.

"Is her throat red?" Heather asked. I closed my eyes and nodded.

"We have to go," I whispered. Heather nodded and grabbed her bag, staring at me.

"Evie, are you going to be alright?" she asked. I nodded, but felt unsure.

This was just the curse of being Evie Wenz; bad karma.
Sign up to rate and review this story