Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Hawkeye's Secret

The Storm

by ladybug1115 0 reviews

see first chapter

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Maes Hughes, Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang, Winry Rockbell - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-02-19 - Updated: 2007-02-19 - 825 words

0Unrated
Hawkeye's Secret

Author's Note: This is leaving the main focus of the story but, it makes sense in the whole. It takes us to Catbird Island where we meet Ed and Al for the first time in this story. Salli and Hughes are also off the phones.

Disclaimer: Not my characters. I know!

Chapter Three: The Storm

Ed and Al had lost whoever had been following them. They had no idea who it could have been, or worked for. But they were going to find out. To find out they also had to ditch the military guy they almost always had following them. Al said it was Breda. "Brother, should we have done that? What if he gets in trouble?"

"Al, the worst Lieutenant Hawkeye would do is take away his cigarettes..."

"Oh." Ed and Al then continued their journey in silence. Ed had heard that the philosophers stone was here, so he had come looking. So far he had found nothing. Ed had to find the stone. It was the only way to get Al back.


"Come on, Sal," Hughes was arguing, "let me see Roy."

"No! Hughes, you know the rules you can't be seen."

"It's just Roy! He won't tell anyone."

"He may let it slip to someone. I can't take the risk. You can only see him if Riza agrees."

"She will, I know she." I hope she does.


"Well, colonel, you said you wanted to see us for dinner." Riza said, then when that didn't catch their attention, fired a bullet near each of their heads.

"Glad you could come, Lieutenants," Roy said when he came down to earth.

"You look lovely, Ms. Rockbell," This earned Havoc another close shot to the head.

It also made everyone in the room respond, "You too, Lieutenant Hawkeye." to save themselves from possible death.


"Sorry, sir," Al said after running into a man at he edge of town.

Ed had been running to catch up to the man Al had just run into. Al had not stopped in time. "It's okay young...uh...man? It was entirely my fault."

"You look familiar," Ed said after Al's apology.

"I don't know you," the man replied. He did, however, know them. Edward and Alphonse-or who he assumed to be Alphonse- Elric were his sons.

"I'm sorry. I thought you were someone else," Ed spoke taking charge.

"It's okay." The last time he had even seen another person to know him as Hohenheim was Riza Hawkeye. But she was a young girl of eight or nine. Of course, she would be older now. He assumed she had taken the alchemist exam, passed with flying colors, and joined the military.


Dinner was over and everyone but Riza and Roy had left to seek entertainment. The ship was having a kareoke hour. "Lieutenant, you didn't tell me you grew up on Catbird Island."

"So, sir?"

"Well, I'm sure you still have friends there."

"No, sir. If you read my file closely you would notice I own the island. Not many people wanted to be my friend."

"You don't know anyone?"

"Servants, sir, that's all."

"Think they could find Ed and Al?"

"No, sir."

"Why?"

"Ed and Al lost Falman and Breda, sir. They don't want to be found."

"Maybe Falman and Breda are no good at keeping track of anyone."

"If you don't trust them, sir, then why did you send them to keep tabs on the Elric brothers?"


"Sal, please."

"Hughes give it up! I am not going to look at pictures of your daughter. God you need help."

"But...she's so cute. Look at her. This is..."

"I said 'no'," Salli said, pulling her weapon on Maes.

"Right, well I'll just...uh...wait for Riza to bring new pictures!"

"She said she would?"

"Yep! I get to see how my lovely daughter is growing up! I hope those boys keep their hands off her."

"I'm sure they will."

"Will you look at my new pictures," he almost pleaded.

"Sure," Salli agreed, feeling sorry for the man who would most likely never see his family again.


"Who did you think he was, brother?"

"It's not important, Al. He wasn't that person."


"I can't believe you lost them!" Falman screamed. The colonel would come down now. They were both fried.

"You were supposed to be watching them," Breda defended himself.


Winry was walking the ship. She had nothing better to do. She couldn't venture outside because a storm had started up. It must have started while they ate. No one noticed. She had just spotted the captain and was on her way to ask him if the storm would delay them when a wave rocked the ship. The captain was knocked overboard.

A/N: So what do you think? Should they rescue the captain? Will Ed tell Al who the man was? Will the lieutenant kill the colonel? Will the ship ever reach land? Until next time...
ladybug1115
Sign up to rate and review this story