Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > G.I.N.A.S.F.S.

Prettier and Younger, but not any better off

by conrete_falloutangel 4 reviews

In which Patrick is being passed as a nut job, Joe left his lightsaber at home, Andy doesn't know what to think, and it couldn't be...it just couldn't.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2007-02-19 - Updated: 2007-02-20 - 1281 words

1Original
One unholy event led to this fortuitous night.
"it is a curious thing, the death of a loved one. we all know that our time in this world is limited, and that eventually all of us will end up underneath some sheet, never to wake up. And yet it is always a surprise when it happens to someone we know. It is like walking up the stairs to your bedroom in the dark, and thinking there is one more stair than there is. Your foot falls down, through the air, and there is a sickly moment of dark surprise as you try and readjust the way you thought of things."
-A Series of Unfortunate Events - The Reptile Room -

Almost as soon as Patrick had fallen, his eyes snapped open. The reason for this being Andrew John Hurley's voice yelling over everyone elses; the words could not be understood because Patrick was still half unconcious.

He had no idea what had happened, or why he was sitting inside of an ambulence, but there was one thing he did remember...

"Hey! Dude! Wait! Who are you?! All I want is too know who you are!" he yelled after the guy, breathless. The kid stopped, still facing away from Patrick, but it wouldn't have mattered, Patrick was hunched over, trying to catch his breath, "Why do you care?"

Patrick arched an eyebrow, "Because you look just like my friend. He died in this alley. He was mugged. Do you know who he is?" The kid let out a sigh/laugh and smirked.

"I need names b-z-e." Patrick raised his head to look at the kid, "Peter Wentz."

The kid turned, but kept his head down. "He wasn't mugged."


What the fuck did he mean by that? Patrick was still remembering bits and pieces; until he remembered the kids face.

"Andy, Shut the fuck up." Joe voiced over his, "He's awake."

Andy turned and saw what looked like a shadow sitting up in the gurney, rubbing it's head madly. "Trick, are you okay? We were looking everywhere for you!"

Patrick was still thinking about the kid, "I-I went to a...church." He was just as shocked as Andy and Joe were at what he had just said, "What church?"

'I take my last chance, to burn a bridge or two
I only keep myself this sick in the head,
cuz I know how the words get you'


Patrick looked at Andy, "The one up the street. You know? The big bright one?" Andy and Joe looked at eachother, and then back at Patrick, "Patrick, there's no church down the street."

"There was, it couldn't have just disapeared." Joe was really starting to get suspicious, "Patrick, we went down these streets like seventy times looking for you, there wasn't a church."

Patrick remembered something else, a girl with brown hair standing over him; she was calling an ambulence and insuring that everything would be okay. "Wait, there was a girl that I think was there too. She was wearing a white dress and had brown hair, he had a cross around her neck."

Joe rolled his eyes, "Yeah, sure, whatever Patrick. I think you're going crazy man." Andy turned around and began to look for this 'girl' but found no girls that would fit that description.

Only a woman, a beautiful woman at that.

'Sour bottle baby girl,
With eyes the size of baby worlds'


"Trick, is that her over there?" Andy said making a gesture at the tall and skinny brunette texting on her cell phone. "I think it is..." Patrick responded squinting his eyes to see her better.

Without a moments hesitation, Andy walked over to her. "Hello. I'm.."

"Andy Hurley right?" She didn't even look from the phone, "Yeah...how'd you know that?" She shrugged, "My sister loves your band and I love my little sister so it blances out right?"

When she looked up from the phone, Andy looked down, her eyes reminded him of Pete's. "Right." he was now looking down at his shoes; trying secretly not to blush. "So what's your sister's name?"

She giggled, "Danielle Elizabeth." he smiled, "Quiet a lovely name. What's yours, may i ask?" the girl giggled yet again, "Sarah."

Andy couldn't find anything else to say to her so he said his "goodbye"s and his "nice meeting you"s and made his way back over to Patrick.

"She's really ho-I mean nice." Andy worked out, "Hurley, you totally like her, but while you were flirting did you find out what happened?" Andy's face went blank, "What?"

Patrick looked at Andy through the corner of his eyes, "Did, you, find, out, what"

"You don't have to put it in baby terms you know." Joe laughed at Andy's remark, and was soon silenced by "the dagger eye" from Andy. "No. I didn't actually."

'We're the new face of failure,
Pretty and younger but not any better off.'


Patrick rolled his eyes and put his face in his hands, "Then go ask her," he murmered through his fingers.

And believe me, Andy would have, if the girl hadn't disapeared when he wasn't looking.

Andy didn't know what to think, which is not a good thing because, he does 99.1% of all the thinking. Patrick wanted to go home and Joe wanted Patrick to get help.

'Collect the bad habits
that you couldn't bear to keep
out of the woods, but I love'


They soon gave into Patrick's wishes and decided to drive him home, but first making one brief stop.

After a few minutes of driving the opposite way from home, the car came to a dead stop. Patrick looked out the window and saw where the church once stood...

It wasn't there.

Patrick didn't know if he was going crazy, or if it was just a coincidence. Was everything that happened last night just a dream? No, it couldn't have been.

'Bulletproof loneliness,
at best, at best'


"I know what I saw! I went into the church! What? You don't believe me?" Andy was adjusting the rearview mirror, "All I'm saying is that the death of someone close to you can be a very tramatic expirence Trick." Now, Patrick wanted out of the car. He was going to walk home.

"Unlock my door Andy." Andy turned and looked at him, "Why?" Patrick's worst enemy was now child locks, "Because I'm going to walk home."

Joe laughed, "Oh no your not. Patrick, you need to go home and calm down." Patrick was tired of this shit, "FUCK THAT! I AM NOT GOING TO GO HOME WITH YOU TWO AND CALM DOWN IF YOU WANT ME TO CALM DOWN THEN LET ME OUT OF THE FUCKING CAR!"

Andy pushed the button and Patrick's door slammed shut.

"Andy? What the hell are you doing?" Joe said watching Patrick walk the other way, Andy shook his head, "I don't know Joe, I honestly don't know."

What Andy did know was that Patrick wasn't crazy, this is because, Patrick was the quiet sane kind. He wouldn't be freaking out unless, indeed, the thing he was defending was true; and he was abosolutely sure that it was.

'And the best way to make it through,
With hearts and wrists intact,
Is to realise that 2 out of 3 ain't bad,'


One unholy event led to that fortuitous night.
It may have led to Joe and Andy's regret for letting Patrick out of the car that day, It may have led to Patrick's mysterious disappearence a week later, but it didn't lead to the place they all wanted it...Pete to come back and restore order to the chaotic household.

well, they didn't think it would....
Sign up to rate and review this story