Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Dead On Arrival

because sorrow is just all the rage

by watch_the_sky 5 reviews

the scorching remind of a stolen kiss can only bring you back so far ..

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Published: 2007-02-22 - Updated: 2007-02-22 - 1060 words - Complete

4Moving
Confusion, shock and excitement filled her eyes as her jaw practically hung wide open; Ana couldn't believe his explanation.

"So let me get this straight ... you ... tree Stump ... you ... you're like a musical sex icon?" Managed to form and flow over her lips after the thought of his success processed through the works of her mind.

"No, I'm the sex icon" Pete corrected, chiming from his sidekick induced trance, never pulling his eyes away, his fingers continuously tapping away at the keys, "'Mr. Ficus Leaf over there is the cute one! Joe's the crazy oddball, and Andy's the animal activist hippie!" Tiny rosy blotches formed on Patrick's cheeks, Andy and Joe agreeing, nodding in unison as Dirty busted through the door.

"And Dirty loves his life." Pete continued to add, matter of factly, eyes still glued to the glowing screen positioned in his hands.

Nodding, Ana took it all in, wrapping her head around the fact that Patrick, her little innocent P. Stumpers, was a musical icon. Where was she when all of this happened? And why hadn't anyone sent her the outrageous memo? Why hadn't she kept in touch with him and why did she make such a horrible mistake?

After graduation, Ana fled the Midwest for the sunny beaches of Miami, the University of Miami that is, on a full photography and soccer scholarship. Laughing at Patrick when he told her that he was joining a band, she never imaged he would get very far and always expected him to be studying something logical, back at home at the University of Chicago, ready and waiting for her return. In dire need of a life change, of something exciting and something new, Ana never returned to Chicago like she had hoped, and when she did, Patrick was no where to be found, but the change of everything she had once loved lingered in the air.

"You've missed out on a lot ..." Patrick informed her, his heart hanging heavy as memories flooded back again.

"I really want to kiss you" Had finally managed to surface in her mind, stuttering the words in one rushed breath

'I really want you to kiss me' was the thought that his heart had constructed, its journey to his mind interrupted by his body pressing his lips to hers, gripped her hips and pulling her body closer to him. Wretching her fingers into his hair, her arms clung tight around his neck, their lips exploring the endless possibilities that stood before them.

Pulling away abruptly he almost forcefully pushed her away. "I-I can't ... Kate." He gasped his breath heavy and low.

Hanging her head, she could feel her heart breaking; realized he had made a mistake and that she let him, knowing the situation at hand made her feel guilty and cold, wishing herself to disappear, she would give anything to disappear at that moment.

"It's only been two months ... and you're leaving me in three days." He hung his head just as low, mumbling almost incoherently as his mind raced and his heart beat rapidly in his chest. Giving up what he had for a chance with Ana is all he had ever wanted, but he had kept it to himself, locked away deep inside, finally breaking free two months too late, and three days too early.

With tears in her eyes and regret in her heart she ran away, retreating from the playground, she ran away as fast as she could, never turning back, no matter how urgently he called out for her. Days later, she departed for Miami, without so much as a phone call or a goodbye acknowledgement.


At this very moment, he could feel her kiss scorched onto his lips; he hadn't seen her since that day. Frustration and anger now rose inside of him, but here she was, sitting innocently in front of him, making a triumphant return to his life. "Why didn't you keep in touch?" persistence in his voice, he almost already knew the answer.

Panic filling her eyes, he knew she didn't have an answer; for years he had been waiting for this day, looking for an answer, and for years she had racked her brain, trying to come up with a legitimate excuse, but always falling short for the truth.

"Because I was in love with you, and I couldn't have you, and I couldn't bear to share you with someone else!" Slipped past her chapping lips before her mind could fully process what was being said.

"I ... I ... d-d ..." His eyes were wide and her heart raced, fleeing from the embarrassment, she scurried out of the room, running away from him once again. Disoriented in the dark hallway, her confusion made it easier for him to catch her, gripping her forearm, he caught her off guard, spinning on the balls of her feet, she was forced to face him.

"My brother always knew what was going on around town and he would keep me updated on the news ..." Ana blurted out in a rushed breath sadness in her voice, "when you and Kate got engaged ..."

"She left me" He corrected, sadness filing his eyes again, his grip falling from her arm and his hands retreating to the safety of his pockets.

"... I told myself I would never move back home, there would be too much to remind me of what I took advantage of and what I let slip away ..." Interrupting her confessions, he fused his lips to hers in a ragged and rushed kiss, quick and awkward before ending abruptly.

Feeling her pull away, his eyes shot open, he knew it was a mistake to do that, but he couldn't help it. It had been years and a leap of physical intimacy wasn't a smooth transition to bringing her back into his life, but he had to, he had to remember how it felt, how she felt.

"I've moved on Patrick" Calmly and sadly, she informed him, the sparkle in her eyes had faded and he could feel his heart burning inside his chest as she turned to walk away.

Clutching her forearm once again he pulled her back into a rough forced kiss before she push him away, "now you know how it feels" rang through his ears before she shuffled quickly down the hallway, disappearing into the crowd beyond the darkness.
Sign up to rate and review this story