Categories > Original > Humor > Deep Space

The Spider Man

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tired of her fear of spiders, Mark decides to "help" Aki overcome her arachnophobia. This chapter may seem a bit cruel.

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2007-02-23 - Updated: 2007-02-23 - 1539 words - Complete

0Unrated
The Spider Man

A loud scream broke the peace the next morning. Mark awoke with a violent jerk. That sounded like Aki's voice. Worry shot through the guy like a cannon. "Aki's in trouble!" he thought in a rush. Then, Mark leapt straight out of bed and ran down the hall. But what he found seemed childish and petty. Aki was crowded in a corner shaking like a scared rabbit. "What's wrong Aki?" her "boyfriend" asked. "Over then!" the journalist cried out as she pointed to the center of the room. "Be careful! It's... It's... alive! It's on the loose! Protect me!!!" Mark stared at her confused for a moment. Then he turned around to look behind him. A big rubber spider was just lying harmlessly on the floor in the center of the room. The Scottish man just sighed and rolled his eyes. "I don't see why you are scared for," he said. "It's only a toy spider, not a real one." That didn't really help. In fact, it didn't help at all! "H-How can you be so sure?" Aki asked in terror. "It's could be playing dead! No, it is playing dead! It's playing dead so it can spring forward and attack while we are sleeping! Oh protect me Mark!" The Scottish man rolled his eyes again and walked over to the couch. He reached behind it and drew out a long wrapping paper roll. Mark walked strongly over to the rubber toy. Aki watched petrified. "Mark? W-What are you doing?" she asked aloud. Her "boyfriend" didn't answer. He just began pulling the little black toy with the roll. This terrified Aki even more.

"STOP!!!!" she cried out. But Mark didn't. "See?" he asked. "It's not moving. The damn thing is just a toy." Aki had reached her breaking point at the moment. "NO!!!! STOP!!!!!!" she screamed out. Then, she rushed forward and tackled him straight to the ground. Mark landed onto the hard floor with a crash! That little incident is what led to the training course.

That afternoon, Mark devised a plan to help Aki get over her arachnophobia. He would use the rubber spider by dangling it on a string and hold it above her head several times. The location would have to be in a place where she couldn't escape so easily and no one would hear her scream. Then, Mark remembered while looking for Aki after she had sang to him drunk on the phone that one night, he had passed an old gardening shed. It was close to the woods that surrounded the academy. Perfect! Now to get the supplies. Mark knew just where to get them.

The on-campus hardware store wasn't crowded as usual on a Saturday afternoon. Mainly because most of the students went downtown to shop. (But, that's not the point of the story.) Mark had no trouble finding what all he needed for his "project." All he needed was a long wooden pole, rubber string, tape, (he already had the nice rubber spider), and strong rope. It only took the guy about um... three minutes to find everything he needed. It was all pretty cheap too. Now to set it all up. Well, that didn't take long either. All Mark had to do was tie the string around the stick, stick the tape on the end of the string, and attach the spider to it. He found a study old chair in the shed and set it in the very middle of it. With a slight bit of cleaning out of the way, Mark was ready to begin. He only needed the test subject. After minutes of planning, the Scottish man had to solution to leer his "girlfriend" out to the shed. It wasn't going to be easy but it was worth every second of it.

"Aki!" Mark called when he made it back to the dorm. "I'm in here!" his roommate called from her room. "Typical!" he thought uninterested. Then, her "boyfriend" walked to the sound of her voice. He found Aki typing on her laptop as usual. Mark drew in a deep breath. He had his excuse perfectly ready. Now to activate the plan! "Aki," Mark spoke up. "What are you working on this week with your latest paper?" "Phobias." his "girlfriend" replied. "Why?" Her roommate stepped in closer. "I have found the perfect research material for your work." he answered. Aki quickly looked up. Her eyes were big intrigue. Mark was smiling on the inside. "She's taken the bait!" he thought. "Keep going!" Aki turned to him completely. "Where? Where?" she asked in excitement. "Now to step in!" Mark thought. "Follow me!" he called. Then, her "boyfriend" headed out of the door. And with that, Aki rose from her laptop and followed close behind.

The "couple" walked all the way out to the shed. Mark kept walking fast. Aki began to suspect something was a bit off. Why on earth were they here? Mark opened the shed door. "In here," he said. Aki walked in cautiously and Mark followed behind. The journalist looked around confused. "What research material are you talking about?" she asked. Then without warning, Mark pushed her really fast into the chair. "HEY!!!!" his "girlfriend" yelled out. "MARK!!! What the hell are you doing?!?" "Quiet!" her "boyfriend" called in response. "This is for your own good!" Then, he held her down and pulled out the rope. Aki tried to kick and push free but to no avail. Mark quickly overpowered her. He tied her arms and legs down to the chair. Aki began to struggle to get free again but it was no use! He tied them too well and tight. Mark just kept staring at her in silence. Then, he turned and walked out of the shed. This only angered Aki even more. "GET BACK HERE!!!" she screamed out and began struggling again. "WHERE THE F**K ARE YOU GOING?!? GET ME OUT OF HERE!!! YOU ARE SO DEAD AFTER THIS!!!" Mark didn't listen at all. He just shut the door behind him and locked it tight.

Mark walked around to the side of the shed. The hardest part was over. Now for the real work! The Scottish man drew out his spider on a stick from the tall grass near the ditch and looked for the hole in the wall he had found earlier. Once he found it, Mark peeked into the hole. Aki was still tied down and pissed. "This is for the best." he thought. Then, he put the stick through the hole. Aki was still trying to escape when she felt closer coming closer to her. She slowly turned and saw the spider coming towards her through the hole. Terror shot through her small body like a cannon. She screamed loudly. Mark began trying to quiet her down. "Easy now, Aki." he said. "It's not going to hurt you." His roommate was lost hysteria. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?" she screamed out. Mark waited patiently. This took a long while.

Once Aki was quiet again, Mark began to speak. "I'm only helping you." he explained. That didn't fly too well. "HOW?!?" Aki screamed out again. "SCARING THE SHIT OUT OF ME?!?" "Shhh!" her "boyfriend" said softly. "The only way to get rid of a fear is to face it." "FEAR?!?" Aki asked in terror. "WHAT FEAR?!?" Mark sighed to himself. "Do you remember this morning?" he asked. Aki was panting wildly in fear. She felt like Winston in George Orwell's 1984. Mark peeked into the hole, making the spider descend lower onto Aki's arm. She began trembling again in fear. The journalist was too scared to even scream now. Mark waited for fifteen seconds. Then asked again, "Do you remember this morning?" Aki turned to try and see him through the hole. "Just nod or shake your head to answer." Mark said softly. A long pause passed. Aki finally nodded. "Good," Mark said. "Do you remember freaking out because you saw this little guy here?" Aki nodded again. "I'm only here to help get over the fear of spiders." Mark finished. His "girlfriend" was too scared to speak now. "Aw, let's be friends, Aki-can! Because I like you! I won't even hurt you!" Mark voiced for the little rubber spider hanging on the stick. That was the final straw that broke the camel's back.

Mark peeked into the shed. She was clearly near the edge of sanity. Mark figured it was wise to wrap up for the day. So he pulled out the spider from the hole and put it in his jacket. Then, the Scottish man walked around to the front and unlocked the door. Aki sat trembling and scared. Her "boyfriend" slowly approached her. Worry began to cloud his mind quickly. He rushed forward and quickly untied her. Mark had to carry her all the way back to the Dark Moon House.

When they got back to their dorm, Aki must have quickly recovered. Because, she punched Mark straight in the face and walked back to her room. Mark didn't care however. "All part of the healing process." he thought in pride with a black eye. All part of the heal process.

Next Day
Sign up to rate and review this story