Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Stole My Heart Gerard Way

Prom

by MicVSMoshpit 3 reviews

His secrets out and the best part it, it IS a good one.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-02-24 - Updated: 2008-01-15 - 1905 words - Complete

1Cliche
I watched from the side as Gerard danced with the girl that should have been me. Her head rested on his shoulder as they danced in the middle of the dance floor. Gerard looked up, and our eyes locked. I turned my frown into a smile, and he smiled back, before looking away. Ray, my date for the prom, had come up beside me.

"Would you like to dance?" he asked sweetly. "I know I'm not your ideal date, but this is prom. And we came to have a good time."

"I'd love to dance Ray." He took my hand and led me onto the dance floor, and I made sure that it wasn't anywhere near Gerard and his date. "By the way, you look great" I commented as he took my waist. Just for the evening, he had gotten his wild hair cut, not too short, and had it slicked back. It must have taken five pounds of gel, but it looked great.

"Thanks, you look amazing."

"I just wish my best friend thought so."

"Gerard told me he did. He just can't say it infront of Elizabeth, you know that."

I sighed and nodded. Gerard's girlfriend was a real pain in the ass. She had been dating him only a week, and she was already in the clingy stage. But it wasn't fair. I wanted to be that girl Gerard looked at with sparkling eyes. It was me who had been in love with him for the longest time.

Gerard had grown up a few blocks away from me, but his mom and mine had attended parenting classes together. They became friends and amazingly, we were born within 5 hours of eachother. Of course, Gerard always had to remind me that he was born first. Our mothers stayed intouch after we were born, and to this day are best friends. So it was no surprise to either of them when we became best friends.

I had been about 15 years old when I realized that I was in love with Gerard. Not just puppy love, but real actual love. We were sitting in my backyard on a picnic table, and he was trying to teach me some weird board game he had just gotten, and everytime he tried a new angle of explaining the game, his brow would furrow. He would raise a finger to his temple, and move it in circles. I remember realizing how cute he was, and thinking that he was about the only person that understood my weird ways. 'Gerard Way, I love you' I told myself after he left. And now, three years later, I still feel the same way I felt that day.

"Wow," Ray said, changing the subject, sensing my discomfort, " I can't believe that in two weeks it's all going to be over. You're going to Canada," he made a weird face. "We're going to New York to make it big in the music business. Shit, I'm going to miss you and your corkiness." He smied and it made me feel somewhat better. "Seriously though, why are you going to Toronto? Everyone knows that Americans are better."

"Ray, you can't say that. You don't know them there. The thing is, they have an amazing school in film, and I would really like to study there." The song had just ended and Ray and I went back to our table.

"Yeah, but there's just as many great places here."

"True." I had noticed Gerard and Elizabeth making their way over to us. I smiled as they took a seat across from us.

"Enjoying yourself?" Gerard asked, taking a sip of his drink.

"Yeah, it's great!"I said to him, but it sounded more like I was trying to convince myself.

"Gerard honey." Elizabeth tugged on his arm, "Can we go soon? It's getting late, and I want to get to Carls party before everyone leaves."

"Yeah, sure we can go now." He stood up from the table. "I'll see you guys later." He placed his cup on the table and left, leading Elizabeth by her waist. I glared after them.

"You should tell him you know."

I turned to Ray. "I can't. I don't want to ruin what he have. And plus, what's the point? We're all going our different ways in two weeks."

Ray nodded, knowing this was true, and didn't say anything else. Suddenly Frank appeared with his date, who appeared to be just trashed, and Frank was doing his best to hold her up. "You guys, I've got to get Meg home. So you can get a ride with me now, or take a cab."

Ray answered for me. "I think we can go now." Ray helped me out of my chair, and we helped Frank get Meg to the car, who had started to laugh for no apparent reason.

Frank dropped me off at home, and I thanked Ray for the evening. I went upstairs to my room quietly, because all the lights in the house were turned off. I quickly changed into some jeans, and a shirt, and pulled my hair out of the ridiculous bun my sister had set it in. I grabbed my cell and car keys, and went back downstairs. I was just about out of the door, when I heard a noise behind me. I turned around so see my dad walking down the stairs in his night robe. "Sara, is that you honey?" he asked, wiping his eyes.

"Yes," I whispered.

"Where are you off to at this time of night?"

"I'm just going to a party dad. I'll be home soon. I'm just going to see who's there."

"Okay, but don't drink and drive." He slowly walked back up the stairs, and I walked to my car.


__________________________________________________________________________________________


A few minutes later, I parked my car down the block from where the party was going on, and walked briskly to the house. I walked through the front door, and was immediately overcome with the overwhelming smell of beer and weed. I made my way through the crowd, looking for anyone I knew. I bumped into a hard chest, and almost fell over, but someones strong grip caught me. I looked up and was looking into the eyes of the school jock, Tim Keegan. He maintained his grip on my shoulders and grinned widely.

"Hey Sara, what's going on?" He pulled me aside, as other people tried to get by. "Are you having a good time?"

"Yeah, fine time." I shouted over the music.

"Where's you're boyfriend? That guy Gerard?"

"Oh, he's not my boyfriend. We're just friends."

He smiled again. "That's good. Listen, can I talk to you someplace quieter. Maybe upstairs or something?"

"Uh yeah, sure." He took my hand, and led me up the stairs. He knocked on a few bedroom doors until he found one unoccupied. I followed him in, and sat on the bed. He shut the door and took a seat beside me. We sat in an awkward silence, which I hated, so I spoke first.

"So, what do you want to talk about?"

"Right. We'll, I heard you were going to Toronto to study film."

"Yeah, that's right. And if you're going to tell me that Canada sucks, you can stop before you start."

He laughed, but became serious again fast. "No, that's not what I wanted to say. I know this is going to sound weird, since there's like a million other places to study, but I'm going to Toronto too. And I promise you I'm not a stalker."

"Really, what are you going to study?"

"Well, actually, I'm going to work at this Music station they have. It's kinda like their MTV I guess."

"Oh yeah, I've heard of it. Much Music or something?"

"Yeah. That's it. So anyways, I was thinking, Maybe we could go there together. Toronto I mean. I know we're not close friends or anything, but it beats going to a new place, not knowing anybody."

I had been so nervous about moving to Toronto by myself. I was an 18 year old, and I barely knew any real meals to cook for myself. But Tim's suggestion made me feel better. "That would be great Tim. If you're really into the idea, it could work."

Once again, he grinned, and to my horror, I felt the slightest bit of attraction. I had told myself that I would never date one of the schools popular kids. But then again, he wasn't asking me out on a date. And if he did, we were getting of high school soon anyway. I didn't have follow my vow forever did I?

"That's great. Listen, I should get back downstairs. But I'll see you before schools out, so we can make better arrangements." He placed his hand on my thigh, and said, "See you later," before getting up and leaving the room. I followed after him, and was surprised to see Gerard standing right beside the door.

"Gerard, what are you doing?"

He tried not to look guilty, but I knew he had been trying to listen in on our conversation. "Nothing. What were you doing in there?"

Did I detect a hint of jealousy in his voice.Of course not. He just thinks of me as a friend, at least I thought so.

"We were just talking. Where's Elizabeth?" I said more snobbish then I meant it to come out.

"I don't know. Can you help me find her?"

"Yeah sure." Gerard and I walked around the house for 10 minutes and couldn't find her, so we went out back to the porch. That's where we found her, making out with her exboyfriend. Gerard just stopped in his tracks and gawked at them. Finally, he snapped back to reality and stormed over to them.

"Elizabeth, what the hell are you doing?" Her lip stick was smeared, and she just smiled smugly.

"Did you honestly think I liked you Gerard," she emphasized the word you,"You're really nice. But you're just not my type. I was using you to make Jeff her jealous, but we're back together now. So thanks for doing the job right." She returned to making out with Jeff, and Gerard started in disbelief.

I linked my arm through his and pulled him away. "Come on Gerard. We should get going now."

"I can't. She was my ride." He tried to pull away, but I had a better grip on him.

"I'll drive. Just come on." He finally let up and walked to my car without me having to pull him the whole way. When we were sitting in my car, I said to Gerard, "I'm sorry Gerard. You deserve someone better." ME I thought. We sat silently, the leather interior making noises under our weight. I couldn't see his expression. All I could see was the outline of his body, because it was so dark in the car. Finally Gerard took my hand in his. My heart seemed to skip a beat.

"Sara" he whispered. "You'll always be the girl for me. I hope you know that." And with that he got out of the car, and started walking down the street.

Did he just say what I think he did? I wanted to jump out of my car and run after him. But instead, I sat in my car for the longest time, thinking about what this meant.
Sign up to rate and review this story