Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > save a life

gone like my old life

by frenchfish 1 review

"there are 4 left, only 4, we want to forget, yet we know it's wrong, we don't want our lost friends to be forgotten, but we don't want to hurt anymore, that's what we call a goodbye" -Theresa T...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-02-25 - Updated: 2007-02-25 - 2425 words

1Moving
this is too much for me
i don't know where to start
feels like my heart
is fallin apart.
You had sown me
back to together you see
your a hero in my eyes
i know you'd never watch me die
but when you go away
without a word or sound
i feel like the earth
is crashing around me
the silent fear is bleeding
threw my mind

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Their minds bled at the prospect of leaving, not before, before it had felt so far away. Now, now it was in their faces like a baby brother or sister yelling "play with me! Help me! Pick me up! Don't leave me alone!" And all they wanted to do was silence that baby, silence him for good. They remembered the night before, 'they' meaning the few that still stood. The final battle with Crounos, they had all finished the battle, alive, but that ended once the professy had ended. No longer were words told by an old wisdomatic man keeping them off their death beds, no, now luck would not keep them from pain and hurt, no, they would go on like all mortals, that's who they were now; mortals. Though, they had been the invisable saviors of the world, if ever known, they had been forgotten, other then by those they had saved.

"Herry? Herry? Come on buddy! Come back to us!" Odie was yelling, the normally calm, collected, intellegent african american decendant of Odysseus was yelling at the still near-death Herry. Herry, Odie's best friend and almost his brother, was slowly dying. Suddenly the machine attached to him, counting his heart beat, began to beep loudly, their was a strait line on it's screen. "HERRY!" Odie yelled grabbing the muscular decendant of Hercules's hand as he was pulled out of the room. He felt like Herry's girl friend as he cried, but he wasn't (duh!), Herrys's girl friend wept beside Odie, her blond hair was wet with tears as she sobbed. Odie would normally have comforted her saying "it'll be alright, he'll be okay" but Odie knew now as well as she did that Herry, they're best friend, and in her case boyfriend, was gone, Herry, decendant of Hercules, one of the funniest, most amazing guys you'd ever meet....was dead...gone forever...lost in elysian feilds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've had enough
of you not being here
i don't want to fear
that were over
i don't want to see oyu hurt
i don't want to see you cry
but most of all
i don't want to say goodbye

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Odie!" Came a girls sad voice form down the hall, Odie looked up to see Theresa running towards him "How is he?" she asked as she pulled him into a hug, Odie just sobbed, Theresa being her mind-reading self, sobbed along with him. "So he is gone" Theresa said almost unbelievingly, Odie nodded "He will soon meet Neil then" Theresa said, she started to cry, not sobbing or letting out a sound, just letting a river of tears run down her pale cheeks. "H-he's gone too?" Odie asked, he hadn't left Herry's side since Herry had been addmitted the day before, Theresa sobbed in response to his question. "And Jay?" Odie asked as he hugged the red head decendant of Thseues in a hug, she was so beautiful, but she looked horrible at that moment, lost in her own pain. "W-we didn't find him" She said, Odie knew that they had done everything they could (pMR signals, etc) but he couldn't imagine their fearless leader being truly gone. He had been so much to them, he was the one that had pierced the evil gods heart, yet ashe killed Crounos, all of the gods powers had exploded, sending him away in time, or space, or somewhere far away. The impact would have most defenatly killed Jay, no matter how strong he was, the power explosion had knocked them alloff their feet, but Jay, no, Jay had been blown away....far away.

Theresa broke the hug, she had the most pain filled face he'd ever seen, she had loved Jay, though neither of them had ever said a word to another on the matter. Odie knew that she was regreting not saying anything. Theresa backed away "everyone else is alright, i'm gonna go check up on Atlanta" she said and ran away, but Odie knew that she was lying, she was going outside, she was going to cry, she was stronger then Odie, she didn't like being seen in public crying her eyes out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe another day
when things aren't so confusing
when the world isn't a mess
and isn't begging for a savior
maybe when my life isn't chaos
and my heart isn't in a mess
i just wanna be yours
i don't wanna see you cry
so even if i die
even if a pass away
slip into a coma
and leave here to stay
please forgive me for my betray

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Theresa sobbed, she sobbed her heart out as she stood in that corner, hidding from the rest of the world, far away from everyone. But, even as she hid, and seperated her heart from every living being, one presence still stood in her mind, in her heart, Jay. Jay was still there, smiling at her, flirting at times, but always being a gentelman, always looking at her like she was the sun and the moon, always. She cried as she thought of this, afraid to let him go. She had felt this way before, a long time ago, but still, the inner pain she had felt that day 5 years before all of this, stayed with her, only Jay had ever known of her constant pain, her inner suffereing, and he had relieved most of it with his friendship 'but we could have been more!' she repeated over and over, wishing she could take it all back and say what she needed ot say " I love you Jay!" she suddenly said, shefelt her heart beeting, she wasout ofher mind! That presence in her mind was just an image, just a wish for his life to still exist, for him to sit down beside her and tell her it's alright and that he loved her in return. Why did she like him? What did hehave that she loved so much? She couldn't say the way that he touched her, no, she had never held his hand, kissed him, or anything in that sort, the stuff that she normally liked about a guy, no, she had like Jay because, no, she had loved Jay because he made her feel so good about herself, like she was better how she was then how she thought she should be. "Jay..." she sobbed, his presense in her mind was not leaving, always there, and she wasn't putting him there voluntarilly, no, someone else was putting Jay in her mind, someone was giving her a signal that there was still hope...and yet as she sobbed in that corner, she felt hopeless and helpless as she ignored the presense and went on crying in her sorrow...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've had enough
of you not being here
i don't want to fear
that were over
i don't want to see oyu hurt
i don't want to see you cry
but most of all
i don't want to say goodbye

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Archie?" came Atlanta's soft voice "I'm here Atlanta" Archie said taking her hand, teh girl he loved was sure enough still alive. "You remember the day you told me that you loved me?" Atlanta asked Archie, he thought of that day:

(MEMORY OF ARCHIE'S!)
I stood before the closed door, i tooka deep breath, and knocked "Come in!" Atlanta had called, i opened the door and walked in, she stood up "oh hey Archie" she said sittingback down on her bed and continued to sort papers from her binder. "Atlanta, i have wanted to tell you this for ages and i just wanted you to know that-" Theresa's voice cut me off "ATLANTA! Hurry up!" the angry sounding red head called up from the floor underneath us "YA!" Atlanta called back just as angry "I have to go" she said turning to look at me, i watched her open the door "Atlanta! I just wanted to say that i love you!" i had called to her, she had turned on her heals to look at me "er, does that mean i don't have to ask you to the dance, cause if you love me that means your going to say yes" Atlanta had said happily, i had smiled "I am not going to a dance, but i guess i could make an exception" i had told her, she ran towards me and wehad kissed! Jeez! Funny how those things work out!

(END OF ARCHIE'S MEMROY!)

"Yes i do" Archie told Atlanta, she squeezed Archie's hand "It's my favorite day" she told Archie smiling, Archie felt the familiar tingles that hegot whenever he was around Atlanta, more when he was holding her hand, kissing her or ....any other loving things they did. "It's mine too" she said, Archie kissed her on the forehead "Let's keep it that way" he whispered, Atlanta had giggled, which made Archie laugh. These were moments that Archie loved so much, the moments he spent with Atlanta, the moments they spent together.

Yet everytime, it seemed, that Theresa ended those moments, as she did a few minutes after Archie had finished laughing. "We are 4" She announced solumly to 2 out of the three remaining members of what used to be a very powerful team of greek decendants of heroes. Atlanta cried right away, but Archie stood "What about Jay?" he asked, Hermes and teh gods had been looking for the lost leader of the young heroes. "They didn't find him...anywhere" Theresa said, Archie was hit hard by this news, him and Jay had been best friends, Jay had always been there, sometimes a bit to serious, sometimes his ideas were way out of this world, his need for adventure and excitment drove Archie up the wall, yet Jay and Archie had always been there for one another. always. Like real friends. But Theresa, Archie understood how Theresa felt at that moment, he knew that she had wished to have spoken to the leader about how she felt towards him.

"He can't be..." Archie's voice trailed off as he stood and left the room, he walked to Herry's room where he founf Herry on his bed, doctors and nurse wre pulling out coards from the dead boys body. Archie pulle dhiomself away from the window in Herry's door. Just looking at how lifeless, hopeless, helpless and dead tha he looked. Archie walked on, crying his eyes out as he remembered Jay, everything about him was what he needed in a best friend, everything. Archie needed his best friend, he needed the whole team back, so Jay could keep them form leaving as Crounos was gone, keeping the team from leaving what they loved so much. No, Jay wasn't there to keep the remaining 4 together, not anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it hurts
i feel it too
our hearts are one
yet our bodies are none
it's all my fault
that you are gone
my hearts betray
made you leave to stay
i told you no
that i'd better go
but i didn't say why
now i fear
that is was my lie
that caused you to say goodbye

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm all set" Atlanta announced, she slammed her bag down in the kitchen, Athena stood in the doorway looking at the 4, she was all teary eyed as Atlanta said this. Odie was not going back to his foster family, he was moving in with Herry's family to help Herry's Granny, he thought that he owed the family that much, Herry would have wanted it. Fortuantly, Herry's parents had welcomed the idea of having the dead son's best friend living with them, he had explained that he was also very close with Granny and he didn't have a familythat wanted him, so he thought he'd help the remains of his friends family.

Atlanta was going home, to the North West Territories. Her family had been extatic to see her again. She had said that she was happy too, but her voice and mood had said otherwise. She pained the loss of her 3 friends, she wanted to forget, yet she knew that they didn't deserve to be forgotten, yet she couldn't stand the thought of not hearing Jay's voice, or Herry's non0stop eating or Neil looking at himself in his mirror. She just couldn't do it, she had no choice but to forget it all, everything, everyone, everything that made her who she was.

Archie was going back to Lunenburg Nova-Scotia (i love that town!) where his family waited for him withopen arms, he along with Atlanta wanted to forget, as it hurt him too much to remember 'Febuary 25 2007, the day i lost my best friends, the day i lost the life i loved, the day everything fell apart before my eyes' he thought as he watched Atlanta and Theresa promised each other that they'd talk a lot, everyday, but they both knew that they were lying.

Theresa was going to go visite Jay's Parents and tell them, she couldn't manage to tell them over the phone, she had to visite them. Then she planned on going home, to see her father, and her 5 other brothers and sisters that were all in university or on their own in their own houses. She was wondering what she'd say to Jay's parents 'i am sorry to say but your son was killed by a crazy immrotal, power hungry god of time' she thought, she laughed to herself 'don't be stupid' she thought, shehad lied to Atlanta when she hadsaid that she'd write and talk to her everyday, she wanted to leave her old life behind her...for good, no matter how much it pained her, she didn't want those memories to come into mind as she was living her normal life, 'no, it's better to forget' she thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've had enough
of you not being here
i don't want to fear
that were over
i don't want to see oyu hurt
i don't want to see you cry
but most of all
i don't want to say goodbye

!@#$%^&*()~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N hey guys, i'm making a nw chapter as we speak so i have to go, R/R please!!!!!!! kk, well later aligators!
Sign up to rate and review this story