Categories > Anime/Manga > Ranma 1/2 > A Fighting Spirit

Chapter Two

by PlatinumMan 0 reviews

Last time while Ranma had been in a hospital bed he met Genkai. Master of the Spirit Wave and Ranma learnt the terrible truth to those that now the Neko-ken. Leaving Nerima Ranma, head out with Gen...

Category: Ranma 1/2 - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Ranma - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-02-26 - Updated: 2007-02-27 - 9746 words

2Original

Disclaimers; I Do not own Ranma ½, Street Fighter, Fatal Fury, Tenjou Tenge and Yuyu Hakusho.


The Fighting Spirit

Chap 2

By: Platinum Man


Summary: Last time while Ranma had been in a hospital bed he met Genkai. Master of the Spirit Wave and Ranma learnt the terrible truth to those that now the Neko-ken. Leaving Nerima Ranma, head out with Genkai. Heading to her temple so Ranma can begin to training under her. So that he can hope and master the Neko-ken.


"Hai" -Talking
Hai -Thinking

Author Note: I would like to say thanks to my beta and those that helped to improve the quality of this chap. So to those of you have my deepest thanks. Anyways now on with the story.


**


It was such a nice day.

The sun was out shining down upon the earth, the sky held not a single cloud. The gentle breeze that would appear then slowly fades away as if it was a fleeting memory.

A person could hear the birds chirping from miles away. On a day like this most would be at home resting or working on something outside or just relaxing outside in the nice weather. But, for two people that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. No for these two resting wasn't going to happen for a long while. Especially, for one of the two.

Those two people where walking up a long flight of stairs. While walking up the stairs the pair where conversing with each other.

"So that's all you know?" an aged female voiced asked. The voice held a note of contempt at what she had just been told from the person beside her.

"What! Do you mean? That's all you know?" another voice asked this one younger and a male voice it held a tone of anger in it.

"I mean, that you have a great deal of different styles mastered and a whole bunch of techniques in your arsenal but, you have barley any Ki training. It no wonder that your so weak!"

" Hey! I'm not weak! I'll have ya know that I beat the Phoenix God Saf..."

"Saffron. Yes I know you already told me. Twice already." Old woman calmly interrupted her younger companion. Her tone of indifference to the opponent that he had considers his most powerful and deadliest, and she just made it sound like that he finally learnt how to throw a punch. That made the young man bristle in anger at her tone.

The old woman looked back at her new student, her graying pink hair moving with along with the turning of her head. The old woman was Genkai master and creator of the Spirit Light Wave fighting style and, now was the newest of dozen upon dozen sensei's of her newest student.

That student just happened to be Ranma Saotome, Heir of Anything Goes Martial arts. It had been two days ago when they had first meet.

In the room that Ranma had been in at the hospital. They had meet because of a mutual friend, one Doctor Tofu.

The doc had contacted Genkai to come and check out Ranmas ki. Ranma had found out during a fight with a creature that Happosai had summoned. Almost losing the fight with the monster that almost cost Akane's and his life in the process.

Ranma had discovered that he possessed a second ki source within him. Instead of just having his normal ki but he now had access to a second source of ki in his body. One that was very similar to Ranma owns normal ki but had a much darker and a more beastly feel to it.

Upon meeting Genkai she had gotten to the very purpose as to why she was called to come all the way from her temple to Nerima General. She had right away got started on studying the second source of ki that Ranma possessed.

Learning about the boy past training methods and learning that he had been taught the Neko-ken. She had easily figured out what this new source of this ki was. She had told both Ranma and Tofu that, Ranma had about only two years of life left to live. Before the nekoken would try and consume him and, then turn his body into a creature that could only fight and kill.

The only known way to stop the nekoken from consuming him was to tame its great power, and become its master.

But, before hope had truly consumed Ranma, Genkai had informed him that in the entire history of the nekoken. There had been thousands of Martial Arts Masters, Reiki Masters and even ki-adepts, had all tried to tame the nekoken instead it had conquered them. Only three had what it took to tame that style and becomes it master.

Three out of thousand had tamed what by many was considered impossible.

Hearing that Ranma had begun to doubt he could tame the nekoken himself. But, there is one thing about Ranma that made him different from other fighters. The very same thing that had given him the strength to survive and overcome the insane training methods that he was thrown into by from his old man, Cologne and so many others.

That thing that made Ranma different was that untamable spirit of his. It had roared to life, as if it was an inferno and with it had given him the inner strength and will to go ahead and face the nearly impossible road that he would have to walk to master the nekoken.

Also he had learnt that his soon to be sensei Genkai had been forced with the help of another to stop the last user of the Nekoken. That person had been consumed by the neko-ken fifty years ago.

That person had been a dear friend of Genkais and someone she had considered an older brother figure. That was her main reason to offering to teach him on how to improve his ki-control and as well teach him a few things. So she wouldn't be forced into having to kill Ranma as she had done to her dear friend.

So that was the reason as to why they were here, walking up the long flight of stairs that lead to Genkai Temple.

On the way to her temple she had Ranma tell her all about his previous trainings in any martial arts style, any technique he knows or seen and even who he had fought against finding out if he won or lost to them as well. This was so she could get a better understanding of what Ranma knew and what he didn't so when she would begin to teach the young man she would now where to start and how to start his training with her.

So that when he would leave her six months from now he could have a better understanding of what he could do and where he could improve upon on his own.

So that during the next six months while she would be teaching him she would be able to teach Ranma as much as she could without trying to teach him what he already knew so she could focus on what need to be improved or discarded.

"Listen to me Ranma you might've beaten a lot of different opponents, learnt dozens of special techniques and had beaten some of the most world most powerful but, that means shit to not being able to use all of those techniques to their full potential."

Seeing as he wasn't going to say anything she informed him as to what she meant. " You see Ranma, that just throwing around a technique of two isn't the best thing a fighter can do if your not maximizing the technique itself."

"Huh... what do you mean by not maximizing the technique? Then how, and why the hell I'm not doing it?"

Stopping her progress up her steps and turning around to face the pigtailed young man. Moving her right hand to massage the bridge of her nose, heaving a silent sigh. Then removing her hand from her face and putting it behind her back again. She then explained by what she meant.

"To maximize any technique one must have greater control of their energy. This means that when you use your ki-blast your just throwing your energy outward and not controlled, as it should be. So instance your just wasting your ki, and that means that your going to weaken yourself faster then not using any technique." She explained. Seeing the blank look on his face it was obvious that he didn't get what she was saying.

Sigh...

"Look here an example... Imagine a dam in your mind and this dam is a circle that encircles an entire lake. That lake represents your ki and the dam represents the containment of your ki. Now what, do you think happens when you use a ki-technique?" She questioned her new student hoping that he would figure it out for himself.

"Uhhh...? I don't know?" how come her students where idiots and why couldn't she have someone with at least have half a brain to teach? How come she only ended up with the idiots!

" Ok... listen when you use a ki-attack you release a gate or flood gates to that dam. This lets your ki flow out to and then guided to where you want it with as much power as you want. But, the problem with the way that you do it is. Is that you don't try and control how much power you use instead you gather as much as you can then you use it. The problem is that the ki that you drew upon was so unfocussed and uncontrolled that you bled off about a third of maybe even half of the power you had called upon. Now do you understand what I saying?"

Nod.

Seeing him nod his head, she gave a quick jerk of her head in silent acceptance of his acknowledgement of her explanation. With that she began to lead them up to her temple.

Staring at Genkai back, Ranma nodded at what she was saying about on how to maximize one use of a special technique like his Mouko Takabisha.

It brought up, memories when Ryoga had first learnt the breaking point; the fight that had followed wasn't an easy one by any means. He had to use the Amaguriken
and hit him hundreds of time in the same spot to actually do any damage to P-chan. But that had used up a lot of his ki to do that over and over again in the same spot. He could now see what she was getting at.

So okay he got that but why was she explaining this anyways? Wasn't she just going to teach him some techniques? That thought popped to the front of Ranma mind a thought that had been puzzling him since the hospital.

"So then beside teaching me how to improve my ki-control... what else are you going to teach me anyway?" Ranma questioned his new sensei.

Sigh...

It appeared that the brat had forgotten what she had told him the other day on the train ride to the city that was closets to her temple. Once more stopping her trek up the steps and turning to look at Ranma once more.

"Don't you remember what I told you the day before, brat?"

The problem was he hadn't really paid attention to her yesterday. He had been so focused about the little amount of time that he had left. He had been focusing on that and not what Genkai had been telling him.

Maybe, he should pay attention to what she said from now on. He didn't like the look that she was sending him at all.

"Uhhh... I forgot?" Ranma gave a sheepish shrugged of his shoulders and scratched the base of his pigtail. Hoping that if he acted like he forgot what she had said she would hit with a mallet.

Giving him an irritated stare, she could tell that he hadn't even listen to her the other day and once again closing her eyes and pinching the bridge of her nose trying to stop the headache that was on a fast approach.

She then looked upwards silently asking for strength and patience from any deity that would give her the strength. Why was it? That all of a sudden, for the past year and a half and now all of a sudden she now surrounded by idiot children. Why was she suddenly being surrounded by all of these different idiotic brats? Why? Why now?

Still looking upwards and receiving no answer from the heavens, she heaved a sigh and once again look Ranma in the face and for the second time try and explained to him that she didn't use the same energy as him.

" Ok, brat listen this time or I'll blast you all the way to China myself! Do you understand ME!" she snapped at him.

Flinching back from the irritated old woman not wanting to get on her bad side. Hell, he wanted to learn all of what she had to teach.

"Sorry." He gave her a meek reply.

Still giving him an irritated glare. "Ok listen to me this time and get it through your thick skull. I am not going to teach you any techniques like you think I am. Because I don't use ki! I use Reiki. And before you ask what the difference. The difference is that ki is one own life force but Reiki is very much different then ki. Reiki is the very energy that is generated by your soul. This energy is about three times more destructive then your ki. So my style is useless to you because you don't have the ability to use your reiki. Do you understand."? Looking at Ranma and seeing him frown at what she had said.

"So then why in hell did I come here to learn from you if ya can't teach me anything!" Ranma snapped at her." I came here to learn your damn style and now ya tell me I can't!"

"I didn't bring you her to teach you my style at all I brought you her to improve your control over your ki and teach you to improve your skills so that you can have a better chance against the nekoken then you have now."

Ranma had a confused look on his face at her reply scratching the top of his head. " Uhhh...I, don't get it? How can you teach me to have better ki control if we don't use the same kind of energy?"

" You just answered your own question, brat." She chuckled at the even more confused look that he had on his face now because of what she had just said. "Energy. That is the answer. True our to energies are not the same but they are still just that energy and they can be trained in pretty much the same way as each other."

Ranma lost the confused look and began to brighten at what she had said. So ok, he couldn't learn her style and probably none of her techniques but he could still improve his ki. That was ok with Ranma. It now made sense as to why she had been talking about maximizing ones own techniques.

"There is another reason as to why I am not going to teach you my style, brat." Looking at Genkai, Ranma waited for her to explain why? " You see, Ranma its obvious to me that you haven't ever tapped your Reiki ever, so this means that I would have to teach you how to tap your spirit energy first. That could take you about a five months to a year, just to awaken your reiki." Taking a breather and making sure that he was following what she was saying, she continued on with her explanation. " After that we would have to figure what kind of style of reiki that you belong to, that can take a week to figure out. Then I would have to devise a training style to get your reiki up to fight the Nekoken. That could take several years to get your reiki to where your ki is already."

Looking at the old woman " Sooo... That why ya ain't going ta' teach me your style is because I'll probably die, before I could master the style."

Nod.

Nodding to himself, Ranma just gave Genkai a curt nod and fell silent. That made a good point to the martial artist. Learning a style of fighting like reiki would take to long for Ranma to get up to where he could fight the cat-fist. So he have to focus on what he was already good in. Well when he mastered the cat-fist then he would have time to come here and learn how to use reiki. But, for now he have to make his ki even stronger.

Seeing that the boy understood her point, she nodded and continued on her way.

With nothing else to say they continued up the stairway, that which that lead them to Genkais' temple. For the next five minutes neither spoke nor made any move to talk. The two of them just continued on in silence for the rest of their journey.

Upon reaching to the top of the stairs Ranma got his first look at the place that he was going to be staying at for the next six-months of his life. It looked like any other temple that he had been to in his entire life. So he really couldn't see anything that was different from all of the other temples that he had been to.

"Come on, Brat." The sound of Genkai voice snapped Ranma out of his study of the temple an it grounds. Seeing his new sensei begin to move to the entrance of the temple he reshouldered his pack, he then followed her into the temple.

Taking off his shoes before entering the temple, he then he followed her inside.

"Follow me, I'll show you where you can put your pack and where you'll sleep here." Reaching into her pocket and pulling out her pocket watch and noticing that it was about one o'clock. Pocketing her watch she started to lead Ranma to where his temporary room would be. "After you put your pack up well get something to eat. Then I'll begin your training afterwards."

"Hai." Came Ranma quick response. Someone was going to teach him and he gets free food to boot. This was going to be great. This just so happens to be one of his greatest wishes. Maybe his life was about to get better.

Ranma should've learnt by now. That you should be careful for what you wish for.


***


Leaving Ranma alone in his room for the moment. Genkai went to contact someone. She headed straight to her room; upon entering her room she ignored everything except a purple compact.

Opening the compact she was greeted with a monitor and not a mirror. Where there should be foundation there was a buttons. This wasn't any ordinary compact but instead it was a spirit world communicator, which had been given to her from Koenma, The Prince of Spirit World.

He had given it to her after Yusuke had gone to the Demon World, so he and her could keep each other informed about what Urameshi was up to and incase if something like what Sensui had tried to do, so Koenma and she could get together and try and stop it before it gets out of hand.


Hitting a certain sequence of buttons, she waited for other side to pickup the other end.

"Koenma, here." the voice of the young prince of spirit world came over the connection.

The screen became all fuzzy then, it instantly became clear. Koenma looked nothing more then a toddler. With his big blue and had pink around the bottom of the hat that had the word Jr. on it in the middle of it. He had a big pacifier in his mouth sucking on it.

Raising an eyebrow at who was calling him. "Genkai? What the matter?"

"Koenma, we have a big problem," she stated.

Koenma eyes narrowed at that. If Genkai said they had a problem, they had a problem it probably would be better if he didn't know.

From the look on her face he sure as hell wasn't going to like this. Not, one damn bit.


***


"GET ME WHAT ON THAT LIST NOW, GEORGE!! OR I'LL HAVE YOU TURNED INTO A PINYATA!!! AND GET ME BOTON! NOW!!! Koenma roared out at his blue assistant ogre. Throwing at him a list of something at the scared-stiff ogre. When George saw the paper leave his lord's hand, his hand blurred and snatched the paper out of the air and ran to comply with the yelled order.

He didn't know what had set Koenma off and, he didn't want to know what had set him off. All he knew was that he had been talking to Genkai then he hung up after talking to her then, he was ordered to fetch what was on this list and get Baton.

If it made the prince of the spirit world this upset then he didn't want to know what Genkai had told him. That was George thought as he fled the room as fast as possible.

Koenma sat at his desk trying to take a hold of the anger and rage that just wanted to be unleashed. All of it upon Genma Saotome and Happosai.

Oh yeah, he hadn't like what Genkai had told him at all.

The Nekoken!

That accursed technique was still around. But how? The Spirit world had spent countless years hunting for the manuscripts that had held the training of the Nekoken. They had thought that they had destroyed the last one fifty years ago.

But, it seemed that they had missed one.

Now there was someone that had been taught that damn technique.

After Genkai told him what was wrong, he had gone in shock that the Nekoken still existed.

She then asked him to get some technique scrolls that Spirit World had in its library. She had said that she was going to try and train the teenager that just finally awakened to the power of the cat-fist.

He had been skeptical that someone this day and age could tame that style but, Genkai then informed him just who had been taught.

Ranma Saotome.

He had immediately requested that boy's file. What he had read had shocked him more then finding out that the neko-ken still existed.

The life of Ranma Saotome was in one word, Chaotic. Never before had Koenma had seen such a weird life from a still living mortal. This life style was more suited for someone that was or had been a Spirit Detective.

Any normal person would've been dead already but, Ranma was still alive and kicking. After each challenge that he faced and over came, he would come out even stronger from it.

Ranma had faced countless martial artist of common to rare and even the strangest of styles. He had mastered or learnt the techniques of the style and beat the master of the style. He had dozen upon dozen rivals or Fiancée's. He was cursed several things by one was by Jusenkyo, another was 'May you live interesting times' and the Nekoken.

He had fought ki-dragons descendents, a demi-god, amazons and other cursed martial artist. He had survived it all.

No, he hadn't just survived, He had defeated them all.

After reading his file he decide that Genkai was right. This young man might to be able and tame the Nekoken, just like the other three did. If he did he could be an asset to Spirit World.

He then wrote down the entire name of every style and technique scroll that Genkai had wanted. After making sure that he had the right stuff written he then cancelled the communication link. Then order George to get the stuff that was written down on the paper and he wanted Botan here right away.

Glancing up at the clock seeing that it had been ten minutes already and neither Botan or where the scrolls on his desk yet.

He snarled at the slow arrival of Botan and George slowness at getting what he had wanted. He had wanted both things done immediately.

"WHERE ARE THE THINGS THAT I WANTED GEORGE AND WHERE THE HELL IS BOTAN!!!" he roared out.

Why was it so hard to get good help?

***


Lunch hadn't been a big affair at the temple and, Ranma had learnt that only two people lived here at the temple. One was obviously was Genkai the other was another pupil of hers.

Her name was Yukina. She had light sea green hair that was pulled back into a loose ponytail. Her eyes were a deep red, Ranma in his entire life had never seen a pair of eyes that where a red before. Also she wore a light blue kimono. She was no taller then his girl form. Which he so far hadn't told Genkai yet that he had a Jusenkyo Curse yet. But he had this feeling that she already knew about it. He would have to deal with that later.

Yukina apparently was learning healing techniques under Genkai for the past four-months. But, there was something about her ki that Ranma couldn't place but there was something strange about her energy. It felt like ice? Hell it felt even colder when he was using the soul of ice.

He would have to ask her about that later. Right now, Ranma had more important things to worry about; he was facing Genkai in her dojo. It was a little bigger then the one at the Tendo's.

"Ok brat, I want you to attack me with all that you got. Don't hold back anything." Genkai told him. "When your ready to attack then Attack!"

Hearing that Ranma fell into a stance that gave him the ability to shift from attack to defense easily. Ranma had learnt a lesson from both Happosai and Cologne, no matter how old someone was don't count them out yet.

After all the fights that he had with those two old farts, he sure as hell learnt that lesson well. Mentally Ranma prepare himself to fight his new sensei if he was going to fight either one of those two.

Genkai on the other hand didn't change how she was standing, with both of her arms behind her back looking as if she was absolutely bored. Ranma looked on, waiting for her to take a combat stance.

Standing there for a while, Genkai was getting tired of waiting to see what the hell brat was going to do but, it appeared that he was going to stand the fuck right there and not move a fucking muscle. What was he waiting for?! Hmmm... was he waiting for her to attack... that could be it but...Nahhh... that couldn't be it? I told him to attack when he was ready. Why would he wait?? She quickly thought about what she already new a bout her new student. Let's see? He 17 years old, from what he said he's mastered over 20 different styles and is a Grand Master of 9 already and he about at the stage of mastery of his main style of fighting Anything Goes Martial Arts. He's fought a ki-dragon, a phoenix and two martial arts master and won against them all. Ready... that it! He wasn't waiting for her to attack but what was taking him so long then. Was he waiting for her to make the first move or was he waiting for her to give him a sign that she was ready.

"Hey Brat! If your waiting for me to get ready then I am already!" she called out to Ranma.

"Ya' better take a stance Grandma or you'll pay for it, if you don't!"

Snort...

"I don't need to get serious to fight a weakling, brat!" she taunted.

Hearing Genkai taunt Ranma blurred forward intent on making her pay for dismissing his skill. Charging forward and sending a right punch aimed at her head. But at the last second he changes from a punch to a left kick. Genkai leaned her head back so that the kick missed her by a hair with. Trying again he tried throwing a couple of punches, which she backhanded them away as if she was swatting at some pesky fly. That just mad Ranma even angrier, it was as if she was mocking his skill. Finally deciding to go all out. Ranma became a blur of punches and kicks. Which all of them Genkai blocked or dodge them by a hair width each time?

Jumping back to get some room to think. Ranma realized that even top speed without the chestnut fist he wasn't fast enough to hit the old woman. Fine then he was going to have to pull out the big guns.

"That's it, Brat?" said old woman asked with an eyebrow rose in question as well.

Taking a couple of deep breaths to calm his temper. He, unlike Akane knew that no martial artist let there anger control them they controlled their anger. Reining in his temper, Ranma then began to draw upon his ki. Bringing his confidence fueled ki to bear. He then brought that energy to his cupped hands forming it into a ball of energy that was the size of a basketball. He trusted his hands forward, with a load cry of!

"MOUKO TAKABISHA!"

The golden-white blast of confidence fueled ki; the ki blasted straight from his cupped hands and flew straight ahead at Genkai.

Genkai finally changed her stance. Shifting into a stance that Ranma didn't recognized. She raised both of her hands and caught the ki-blast. That rights CAUGHT IT! Ranma was staring in shock never before had he seen anyone catches a ki-blast before. Especially his! He just couldn't believe it. Even though it was staring him straight in the face. Then what happened next really made Ranma mouth drop open in shock, as he stared at what was happening?

Slowly his ki-blast was starting to shrink, believing that the power in his blast was weaking and was about to dissipate. He instead got the shock of a lifetime. Instead of seeing the old woman that was his sensei, it was a young woman with bright pink hair, that she had to be about in her early twenties was standing where his sensei had just been! What the hell was going on here!? Ranma didn't have any time to think on what was happening, because of a flash of light then feeling himself become weightless then hitting something hard then falling onto his face, could stop anyone from thinking for a while.

Still staring in shock Ranma was unable to dodge the young woman's attack. Thrusting her hands forwards with a cry of something a blast of light exploded from her hands so fast that Ranma didn't see what happened.

"Reikou Kyou Hanshou!" (Spirit Light Mirror Anti-clash)

KABOOMMMM!!

Next thing Ranma knew was that he was flying through the air and crashing into the wall of the dojo with his back and falling face first to the floor with a thud. Rolling onto his back Ranma grabbed his chest with both of his arms couldn't believe how much that blast had hurt. It hurt worse then getting hit by one of Ryoga's Shishi Hakudan. Moving himself into a crouch, still holding his chest Ranma turned around to face the young woman instead there was Genkai.

What the FUCK?!

"What the... that girl...you...WHAT THE HELL?"

"Heh, heh, heh, ha, Hahahahahaha..." Genkai chuckled then she roared out in laughter at the confused expression on Ranmas face. She rarely had been able to laugh this hard in years. Seeing the confused look that was on poor Ranma's face was absolutely hilarious, she couldn't help herself.

Seeing his sensei laughing at him, made Ranma lose his temper. "WHAT SO DAMN FUNNY AND WHERE THE HELL DID YOU AND THAT YOUNG GIRL GO!" he roared out.

Getting her laughter under control Genkai looked at her new pupil. " Heh... It simple brat that young girl that was me."

Ranma stared in confusion trying to figure out how that this old woman was somehow that young woman that had just blasted him into the dojo wall. It had to be impossible. No way that could happen! There was no way that this old ghoul had somehow become a hot looking twenty-something, then go back to being a ghoul.

"Yeah...right. Tell me how you went form looking old to young then back to old, in a instance?" Ranma questioned.

Looking at the boy that was laying in the indent of her dojo wall. Seeing his curious as well as his disbelieving look that he was staring at her with. She sighed to herself, it seemed that she was going to have to explain what had just happen. "Listen Ranma that young girl was I." Seeing his confused stare that he was directing at her she elaborated, " When one use the Spirit Wave at full power, the cells of the person regenerate back to when the user was at their peak. Me, I was a twenty some young woman. My student Yusuke, is right now so when he looks as old as me and when he use the Spirit Wave at full power he to well temporarily regress in age to when he was at the peak of his own power which just happens to be now. So you understand."

Ranma just stared. He couldn't believe that such a technique existed. He had to learn how to do it as well. But, before he could get a full ideal on how to get Genkai to teach him this spirit wave, he recalled that he couldn't learn any of her techniques. Sighing in disappointment at losing of such an awesome technique. He forced himself to stand up, while giving grandma a nod of his head showing that he had understood what she had said. But, something was bothering him. Looking up at Genkai he had to know what the hell she did to his ki-blast? It looked as though she had put it in a sink and pulled the plug and it went down the drain? What has she done, anyways?

"Hey Granny? What the hell did you do to my ki-blast and what the hell was that blast that you sent at me?" Ranma questioned her.

"That blast was just your own blast that I sent at you."

"Huh? Wait I thought that you used Reiki not Ki. Plus that was not my ki-blast, no way! That felt like a Prefect Shishi Hakudan!"

Nodding to herself Genkai, understood as to why he was so confused about as to why the blast that she sent at him was more powerful then the blast that he had sent at her.

"Listen the attack that I used is called Reikou Kyou Hanshou or as it is also known as the Spirit Light Mirror Anti-clash. When I use this technique I absorb my opponents own spirit energy and convert it into my own then I fire the energy right back at them. In other words I shot your own ki-blast right back at you." She explained to him.

Ranma looked at her still in confusion. That couldn't be right. He had used ki not reiki so how the hell could she have absorbed his blast then sends it right back at him more powerful then what he had used? " I don't get it? How the hell did you use my ki, and then fire it back more powerful then what I used if you can't use ki in the first place. But reiki instead?" he had to know what she had done.

Looking at the young man, a spark of pride flashed through her eyes. He was a smart one, but it seemed that when it came to fighting or techniques he was a genius hell, maybe he was a prodigy. "You're right I didn't use ki I used reiki instead." She responded. She watched as the confusion on Ranma face becomes even more pronounced. It seemed that her response had made him even more confused then what he had been before. Good! That meant that he was willing to understand the techniques that he couldn't use himself. This was important that he be willing to that to learn about any thing that could help him in his quest to master the nekoken.

Staring at his sensei as if she was crazy, how the hell could that be possible? "What the hell do you mean ' I didn't use Ki but, Reiki instead' how the hell is that possible when you said that you sent my ki-blast back at me." Ranma stated.

Throwing his hands up in frustration at what the old lady was saying to him it wasn't making any damn sense. "Would you make up your damn mind and, tell me what the hell you just did!" Ranma snapped at his sensei.

Her eyes narrowed at his tone he was beginning to piss her off. Trying to keep control of her self and not go a head and beat him to death. Breathing in her nose and letting it out of her mouth, she then tried to explain to what had happen with out beating him to death or do what she had done to Suzuki (The one that gave Kuwabara the experimental sword and Kurama the potion that would change him back into Youko Kurama). "Listen up, I'm going to explain this just this once."

Ranma gave her a curt nod.

"Ok, what I did was like I said before that I just blasted you with your own ki-blast back at you. But, the reason to why it was more powerful was that I sent it back at you as a reiki-blast."

"Uhhh...um...how could you do that? How could you just change ki into reiki just like that?"

"Heh... your wrong I didn't just turn your ki into reiki." Seeing Ranma about to open his mouth to ask yet another question she cut him off and continued on with her explanation." And before you interrupt... what I mean is that I first absorb your ki into myself, after I did that I then transformed that ki into reiki. Yes, this is possible. But, for users like me if I did this with my own ki it would become a suicide attack. But using the ki in your blast I was able to do that without wasting any of my ki or reiki." (This is what Yusuke had done against Sazaku of the Saint beast that he had fought against. That is also why he almost died then. He had transformed all of his ki into reiki to win.)

Ranma just stared.

He was in shock. A technique like that could make energy user energy based attacks useless in an instant. While the HAPPO-FIVE-YEN SATSU which absorbed a person battle aura but it could only be trained to someone when they're still a child But, this technique could be taught to an adult as well as a child.)

With an ability to absorb your opponent's own energy and send it right back without wasting any of your own power was inconceivable to Ranma. With a technique like that no energy attack could be used against you if you could absorb it into yourself and use it to fuel your own attacks. But, if it turned ki-attacks into reiki, then that meant that it was a reiki-based attack. So... that probably meant that he a ki-user couldn't learn how to do that either.

Sigh... that probably meant that he couldn't use it. Damn it! Their goes another technique that I can't learn. Its so damn stupid that I can't learn it because it a reiki based technique and not a ki based technique.

Grumbling to him self about the unfairness that was suddenly happening to him in the past two days. All of these great techniques where showing up right in front of him and all of them where awesome techniques. They all had come from the same person, Genkai. The problem was that all of the techniques that he had seen done by Genkai and he was unable to even learn one of those techniques, because he couldn't use the right kind of energy for them.

Hearing Genkai voice snapped Ranma out of his pity.

"Anyways Brat, since you now know what I did, lets finish the fight that we where having." With that said Genkai blurred forward and appeared right in front of Ranma.

With no warning, to Genkai surprise attack Ranma was unable to raise any kind of defense to defend him self with. So when Genkai began to rain down blow after blows in what appeared to be an Amauguriken style of attack. Ranma ended up receiving forty hits to his chest, twenty to his stomach, thirty to the head and ten to each arm and leg and she ended it with a powerful kick to his mid section. So it was no surprised that Ranma was sent flying yet again.

FWOOOSH

CRACK

Once more Ranma had another meeting with the wall of the dojo. It seemed that Ranma just had to meet it once again.

THUMP!

Then followed by kissing the floor.

Picking himself up and off of the dojo floor Ranma, instantly he rolled to the right dodging an incoming attack, and it appeared that he had just done it, just in the nick of time to. He had just dodged a small blast of reiki that Genkai had just shot at him.

Pain laced up from his chest biting down on the inside of his cheek, to stop himself from crying out in pain. Damn that fucking hurt! Quickly running his hand over his chest to see if he had broken or cracked any of his ribs, finding no broken bones or any indication that he had a cracked rib, so that meant that his chest had received a pounding that was greater then the usual.

Maybe Ryoga had the right ideal about learning the breaking point. He would have to remember to put himself through the breaking point training himself but at a later date. He had a fight to finish.

Taking a stance Ranma began to draw upon his ki, He had just recently figured out this technique, he hadn't had any chance to use it in Nerima. But, because of the beating that he was receiving at the hands of Genkai, Ranma was more then temped to try it out here and maybe it could help turn the tide.

Releasing an inaudible breath he then called out his technique. "SPLITTING CAT HAIR!" as he called out his technique Ranma began to run forward his technique then began to take shape. Suddenly after images of Ranma began to appear one then two, then three and four appeared. Soon there was five Ranmas. Each appears too be as solid as the real one. Then all five of the Ranma's began to run about. They where jumping on the ceiling, running around Genkai and flipping about at speeds that made them blur. Then as one they attacked Genkai.

Raising an eyebrow at what the boy and his afterimages where doing, he was trying to confuse her with his illusion then attack her while she was confused. It was a good tactic but she had ways for dealing with situation like this. Smirking to herself, Genkai waited to put this little boy back in his place. He thinks that a technique this pathetic thing would defeat her. Yeah right, she snorted mentally to herself. She just had to wait for him to come at her then she would but the moron back in his place.

One Ranma came at Genkai and sent a kick at her head, Genkai leaned her head back and the kick missed. Another one tried a series of punches, which Genkai weaved through them then twisted around the Ranma that had just attacked her. This cause the two images that where coming from both sides, and it caused the two illusions to collide and dispel both of them. Two Ranmas gone and only three left to go.

With the three Ranma now in front of her, she did a couple of back flips to make some room. Once she landed the remaining Ranma split up and each came at her from different direction. One was coming from a diagonal left, one coming from a diagonal right and one was charging head on.

It was time to finally put this child back in his place.

Taking a stance and bringing her left hand to grasp her right wrist and making a fist with her right. Then she focused her spirit energy into her fist. When the energy was at it limit she trusted only her right fist forward.

Seeing her right hand glowing, Ranma prepared to dodge the blast that he was expecting from the old woman. He was sort of right about an energy attack.

"SHOT GUN!!!"

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
BANG!

Sorta right, meant jack shit if said blast was fifty plus blue blurs of pain.

Instead of one big blast of energy that Ranma had been expecting it was about fifty blasts of energy no bigger then a size of softball. Each where a blur even to Ranma's eyes.

The blasts destroyed the remaining clones and sent Ranma to the wall of the dojo for a third time. Ranma barely had time for both of his eyes to pop out of their sockets as he crashed into the wall and as more blast kept on pounding into him.

Luckily for him the pain knocked him out about half of the way trough the attack. Unfortunately for Ranma he would fell the rest of the attack when he would a wake.


**


SPLASH!!

Ice cold water was Ranma lest favorite way to wake up. Because a familiar feeling as fallowed it his Jusenkyo Curse was activated. Wiping off the water from her face, Ranma opened her eyes.

W-What happened... the last thing that I remember was that I was fighting grandma? What happened? Focusing on the last few minutes of the fight Ranma was able to recall Genkai last attack. I lost. But, Damn... that was some attack. Shotgun, indeed."

Cracking her eyes open Ranma saw the person that just kicked her ass and as to why he was now a she. Standing over her was Genkai, holding an empty bucket. Said bucket had probably was where the ice cold water came from.

Looking at her new sensei Ranma noticed that she was looking at him. The stern no nonsense look that she was giving him he had a feeling that she was going to like what she was going to say.

"So when where you going to tell me, that you had a Jusenkyo curse?" came the question.

"Ughhh..." Ranma groaned out.

"Very articulate brat, but as I said before, when where you going to tell me... hmmm?"

"Ugh... I dunno."

>SnortGul
Sign up to rate and review this story