Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Drop a Heart. Break a Name

Chapter 4: Golden Dinner

by BANGdynomite 0 reviews

...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-02-26 - Updated: 2007-02-27 - 1089 words

0Unrated
"I can't believe we've been dating for two years now. It seems like just yesterday we sat in that shitty old diner talking for hours about nothing." Kevin laughed
"I know it doesn't feel like it has been two year. I love you Kev." Lexi said kissing Kevin passionately.
"I love you too babe"
"Aw how sweet, now cut out all this mushy shit and let's go out to eat." Nic said walking out of the apartment with his girlfriend Alex attached to his hip.
On the way to Outback Steak house they passed the old diner where Alexis and Kevin met.
"Wait Kevin go back to the old diner it's for sale. We should buy it." Lex said as Kevin made a u-turn and went back to the old diner.
"We'll call in the morning." Kevin said as he wrote down the number on the for sale sign.
They finally got to the restaurant and ate dinner. After they ate they all went back to their apartment to watch a movie.
"Are you guys really going to buy that old diner?" Alex asked.
"Yea I think so. It would be really cool to own it. That's were we began." Kevin replied
"What about when were on tour whose gonna be here to run it?" Nic asked.
"That's why we'll hire people to run it for us while were gone."
"Okay as long as I get free food." Everybody started laughing.
"All you think about is food Nic." Nic nodded with a cheesy smile on his face.
"I'm getting tired, I'm gonna head to bed." Lex yawned.
"Me too, Night guys." Kevin said grabbing Lexi's hand and following her to their room.
"Kevin for Christmas this year do you think we can go to Chicago and you can meet my parents and friends?"
"Yea sure that would be cool to see where you grew up."
"Okay great my mom will be really excited she's been bugging me forever to find out when she was gonna meet you." Kevin laughed kissing his girlfriend
"Night babes"
"Night love you baby" Lexi replied snuggling up to Kevin falling asleep.
Lexi woke up alone in bed. She stretched as she stood up to go find Kevin.
"Yea, that's great. We'll meet your there at 12. Okay bye, see ya later." Kevin hung up the phone turning around looking at Lexi.
"We have to go down to the diner at twelve to talk with the realtor about buying the place."
"Cool I better go get ready then." Lexi said going to get in the shower to get ready.
Lexi was washing her hair has she felt two familiar arms around her waist, Kevin started kissing he neck from behind her.
"Kevin come on we have to get ready if were gonna be there on time."
"We have time trust me it's only 10:30 we don't have to be there till 12:00"
Lexi rinsed the conditioner out of her hair. Kevin lifted Lexi up and walked out of the bathroom and into their bedroom he put her down on the bed and crawled on top of her.
"Okay now we really need to get ready." Kevin said getting out of bed and putting on a pair of jeans and a shirt.
Lexi grabbed her jeans and put them on as well as her favorite clandestine hoodie which she happened to take from her ex-boyfriend Pete before they broke up. Fifteen minutes later they arrived at the dinner where an old lady with white hair stood in front opening the front door.
"Ah, you're here come right in and we can discuss the details." Lexi and Kevin followed the lady inside and sat down at a booth to discuss their plans for the diner.
"Why do you two want to buy this place?" the lady asked
"We met here and we don't want to see this place to be destroyed." Kevin replied.
"Well if you really think you can handle it you can place an offer." They both signed the contract and said goodbye to the realtor.
"Here are the keys to the place. I hope you enjoy it." The realtor said handing the keys to Kevin two weeks after they placed their offer on the diner.
"Thank you so much." Lexi said as the realtor walked away from the diner.
"Can you believe we own this place now?" Kevin questioned hugging Lexi.
Lexi shook her head laughing "it's unbelievable I never would have pictured my self owning a diner with a gorgeous guy."
Over the next few weeks the two began to remodel the old dinner, and hire the staff. They had finally decided on to name the place Golden Diner.
"I'm gonna turn on the radio it's to quite in here." Kevin said walking over to the stereo turning it on.
Where is your boy tonight I hope he is a gentle man and maybe he won't find out what I know you were the last good thing about this part of town.
"Who sings this? It sounds familiar." Lex questioned.
"That was one of the newest from Chicago's finest Fall Out Boy." The radio host said answering her question.
Lexi sat down and one of the newly installed booths and started crying.
"What' wrong babe" Kevin asked sitting down beside her wrapping his arm around her.
"That's my friends' band. I miss them so much. I haven't spoken to them in over two years." She sobbed into his chest.
"It's okay Lex we'll go see them when we visit for Christmas." He ran his hand up and down her back.
"I can't see them. They probably still hate me. I left with out telling them. They're never going to forgive me, especially Pete."
"I'm sure they will all forgive you, now tell what happened that you left without telling your friends." He asked lifting her head up looking into her eyes.
"Pete was my boyfriend I told you about when we first met. We dated for five years and I broke it off with him, I thought all my friends would never want to talk to me again so I left before they ever found out I broke up with Pete." Lexi said while more tears rolled down her cheeks.
"I say you give them a call and apologize and then when we go up we'll visit them and see how everything turns out." Lexi nodded and smiled planting a kiss on Kevin's lips.
"I love you" they said at the same time and then laughing.
Sign up to rate and review this story