Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Drop a Heart. Break a Name

Chapter 5: Meeting the Family

by BANGdynomite 0 reviews

what's there to say?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-02-26 - Updated: 2007-02-27 - 1147 words

0Unrated
"Are you ready babe we're gonna miss our flight." Kevin asked as Lexi threw some last minute things into her bag.
"I don't know if I'm ready for this." Lexi sat down on their bed and put her head into her hands.
"Everything is going to be just fine. They've all forgiven you baby theirs nothing to worry about." Kevin wrapped his arm around Lexi.
"Only not really Pete doesn't even know I'm coming, your going to meet my ex, and my family. This is a really big thing."
"Your over reacting Lex, Everything is going to be just fine trust me. Now we really have to get going if we want to make our flight." The two stood up and grabbed their luggage and put it in the trunk of the cab that waited out side.
"Have a good time you two, and don't do anything I wouldn't disapprove of." Nic joked hugging his friends.
"Good bye Nic." Lexi said climbing into the cab after saying good bye to everyone else.
_________________________________________________________________
"Rows 1 to 20 for flight 126 to Chicago Illinois can now start boarding the flight." The flight attendant said into the P.A.
"That's us babe." Kevin said grabbing both their carry-ons and wrapping his arm around Lexi's waist giving their tickets to the attendant. They walked down the narrow hall to the plane. They sat down in their seats and watched as more passengers boarded the plane taking their seats and waited for the plane to take off. Lexi sat in the seat next to the window watching as the airport crew worked on the flight runway below them. She couldn't help but think of how awkward it was going to be between her and Peter. The flight finally took off, awhile after Lexi fell asleep with her head on Kevin's shoulder.
"Lexi wake up, we're here." Kevin said shaking his sleeping girlfriend.
Lexi woke up and the two grabbed their bags standing up waiting to be let off the plane.
"Your family is meeting us here right?" Kevin questioned
"Yea I believe so." Lexi responded as the walked off the plane and down the long hallway. Lexi grabbed Kevin's hand nervous of what her family was going to think. Lexi had changed a lot in the last three years. She saw her sister Stacey first and walked over to her and the rest of her family.
"Lexi! I missed you so much." Ricky said giving her a big bear hug.
"I missed you two buds. Wow have you grown up a lot how old are you now 18" she joked.
"Close you were only 9 years off." he laughed.
"Oh so your 27"
"No silly 9" Lexi laughed and then greeted her now 17 year old sister.
"Wow Stace your gorgeous now." Lexi said looking at her sister.
"Oh so when you left I was ugly." Stacey laughed.
"No you've just really grew into your looks."
"Thanks you look good too." Stacey hugged her older sister.
"Aren't you going to introduce this young fellow?" Lexi's dad asked.
"Oh yea. Everybody this is my boyfriend Kevin. Kevin this is my mom Helen, my dad Gary, my sister Stacey and my little brother Ricky." Lexi said pointing to each person as she introduced them to Kevin.
"Nice to meet you Kevin. We've heard so many good things about you." Helen said shaking Kevin's hand.
"It's nice to meet all of you." Kevin replied.
"Okay how about we go get your luggage and head home for dinner." Gary said as everyone followed him to baggage claim.
_________________________________________________________________
"So what do you want to do today?" Lexi asked Kevin as they sat up in her room the next day.
"Hmm... how bout you show me all your hang outs and maybe meet some of your friends if you want to."
"Okay that it is." They got up and walked downstairs. Lexi grabbed her mom's keys and the two walked outside and into her mom's car.
"Okay so how bout we go to Red Hot and Blue. That's basically were I spent every Friday night." Lexi said as they drove towards Red Hot and Blue. The pulled up a few minutes later and walked inside.
They walked over to Lexi's normal booth and sat down. They started to look at the menu when the waiter came over to get their drink order.
"What can I get you guys to drink today?" The waiter asked without looking at the customers in the booth.
"I'll take a... Oh my gosh Jeffery Harley." Lexi said looking up to see her best friend Jeff. Jeff finally looked to see Lexi.
"Wow! LEXI I can't believe you're here in Chicago." Jeff replied still shocked to see his old friend.
"I can't believe I forgot to call my little Jeffy Poo to tell him I was coming to visit. I'm so sorry Jeff." Lexi said standing up to hug her friend.
"It's okay. How have you been?"
"Pretty good. What about you? I see your still working here." Lexi replied.
"Same old, same old. Not much as really changed around here since you left. I never would have thought you'd ever come back here of all places."
"Why wouldn't I come back here, I used to come here every Friday with... Oh. I can't believe I totally forgot about that." Lexi broke down in tears realizing this is the same booth she sat in when she broke up with Pete three years ago.
"It's okay Lex." Jeff said sitting down and ran his hand up and down her back comforting her. Kevin faked a cough to show Jeff that he was sitting there.
"Oh I'm sorry I don't think we've met. I'm Jeff." Jeff said sticking his hand out for Kevin to shake.
"I'm Kevin, her boyfriend." Kevin said in a fist of jealousy that Jeff was still running his other hand up and down Lexi's back as she sobbed into her arms which rested on the table. Jeff stopped running Lexi's back after Kevin's comment.
"Lexi, what's wrong, what happened. What did you forget about?" Kevin asked confused as why Lexi sat there crying. Lexi lifted her head and started to explain about how she had broken up with Pete in the same booth which they were sitting in. She scooted into his arms and cried into his chest.
"Its okay baby lets just go back home and forget about coming here tonight." He said running his hands trough her hair. Lexi nodded as she stood up to leave.
"It was good seeing you again Jeff." Lexi said giving him a hug and walked out to her car.
"Nice to meet you. Call us sometime so you and Lexi can catch up and tell me about all the good times." Kevin said shaking Jeff's hand and walking out their car. Lexi handed him the keys and got into the passenger seat.
Sign up to rate and review this story