Categories > Cartoons > Biker Mice from Mars > Memoirs of a Freedom Fighter - 2

Memoirs 15

by Silverdragon 0 reviews

rimfire continues story telling...

Category: Biker Mice from Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-02-28 - Updated: 2007-02-28 - 3678 words

0Unrated
---

15. ARC 2 - Siege at Aerynn - city against prison

---

'So all those years among the FFA did pay off...' Rimfire whispered, 'Pull back!' he radioed everyone, 'Pull back and regroup!'
'what is it kid?' Stoker grunted angry over the radio, 'I was just having fun!'
'Forget the fun.' Rimfire said him, 'Outside these city walls a complete army awaits us! And more is coming! There's no way we can win this battle if we allow ourselves to be distracted by this fight.' In the mean time Chain gave some signals with his hands. Down the wall, suddenly, all moved and Scimitar made his way up the wall with some of his friends.
'We can!' Scimitar rushed towards them and whistled a retreat. His best soldiers approached and gave them orders, 'Drive them back into the shadows of hell! And put up guards, everybody run double guard!'

Lance nodded as he passed the orders on to the others in battle with gestures, picked up by others and told once again to others. With those hand signals they could inform the entire city like radioing them. Stoker yelled the orders over the radio, like Scabbard did to his men. All followed the one single order, 'Join the people of Aerynn to destroy whatever enemy forces are in here. Go!'
The leaders saw the army split up as they joined with the gang members to destroy every Rat in town.
Now that this town would be eliminated from Rats, Scabbard turned to Rimfire, 'where is the fourth woman?'

'In Mace' prison is my best guess at the moment.' Chain growled, 'They must have taken her away to that place.' He backed down from the motorcycle and left for his own men.
'You've guessed right.' Stoker saw Throttle in battle with a Rat, far away and radioed him, 'Throttle, bring me back a Rat, for interrogation.' Throttle confirmed and the battle intensified.
Nightingale came over to them, 'You mean this kind of scum? Besides love, I don't like it when they invade this town.' She handed him another Rat, 'Two have more information than one.'

'Summon the Lieutenants after battle, we have a war to plan.' Scabbard growled as he dragged the Rat to his quarters.

0.o.0

Sick and tired he was from Harley. How many times she said that Stoker or Centreline or Vinnie would save her. He remembered it all, Vinnie this, Stoker that, Centreline thus. And they would all kick his ass for kidnapping her.

Proud he was when he could lay hand upon Carbine. It was fun to tame her with weaponry, while Harley was easily subdued with brute force. And Carbine shrieked wild and loud that she would kill him herself. Or that Throttle would kill him.

In time, he grew tired of their remarks. Only once he had the idea to take them both at once, but with the ever struggling Carbine and the always retorting Harley it could prove a dangerous combination, that could very well claim his life. Besides, if they would escape he would loose his prices and it wouldn't be fun eh?

He stood up and walked to the window, gazing over the bottom of the canyon to the city. Between the prison and the city stood one gigantic army of mercenaries, led by his own soldiers. Five battalions of 600 mercenaries each battalion; 6 Lieutenant Colonels and 15 Captains to lead the siege at the city. Tonight, covered in the darkness of the night and the canyon, the city of peace would fall in a not so peaceful battle. Scabbard had just too few soldiers to fight and the young Scimitar would never be able to unite the other gangs of this town in order to defend the city. He had found the perfect weak spot for Scabbard and the Freedom Fighters: They weren't used to ARMY style anymore...

Destruction! Just like he had planned with the first war! And he would take the city of Aerynn first... before he would take Mars.

With a cup of red wine in his hand he oversaw the oncoming destruction, the death of Micekind and the entire city. But first things first... this new price he had, he had to try her out first, now that the drugs would disappear from her system.
Eh? He shook her as she still slept. What was this? He had given her the normal dose for a Martian female. Scared he checked her pulse. It was weak, or did human pulses felt like this? Oh boy... he was in for serious trouble now if this Mouse lover of hers would find out she's dead. Panicked he tried to regain her consciousness, but failed. No antidote present and no way to obtain it from someplace else, he had to wait here, with this practically half dead broad in his bed.

He must have given her too much or something...

0.o.0

Harley felt sorry for him, from what she understood the human female at his side was his lady. Poor Rimfire, he was always so intense with his emotions and feelings. So daring and so young. He almost lost his uncle and bros' once, days before Mace kidnapped her.
Gently she lay her arm around his shoulder and held him close to her, like she used to do when he was over at the old head quarters. 'She must mean a lot to you.'
Frightened he played with the ring on his finger, 'she is my soul.'
Harley caught sight of his sorrow and the lilac braided ring on his finger, 'Are you two steady?'

Almost did he choke on the lump in his throat, 'Sort of... I asked her hand in marriage...' he whispered, the lump now fell to his stomach, 'we... I don't know... when we would gonna get married... if that ever happens... what will Mace do to her?' But Harley looked away, not ready to share her memories with him, or to face her own memories. Tears run freely over his cheeks, living silvery trails in his fur. Lost for words, for no man ever asked her, she just held him and rocked him back and forth.

'You'll find her. You'll do.' Words held no meaning at such moments.
'Harley... It's not just her.' Rimfire said his lady friend in tears and fear, 'she carries my child...'

From afar he was audible, roaring voice and thunderous arrival, 'Stoker, prepare your men! There's a war going on outside!' As usual Scabbard was a Mouse by the book, even when it came to Biker Mice style.
The older Mouse chuckled, 'Well... It seems to me that we just have to forget about the Biker Mice style and go back to ARMY style.' He aimed for Throttle, 'how about being a Colonel?'
'I'm just a trooper.' Throttle said, 'and you're not in the military or the FFA. How can you promote me?'
'I just did.' The older Mouse answered his question with only that answer, 'well? How about being a Colonel?' Throttle was all ears, responsibility and his own battalion to lead. But what about the bros?
'There are more vacancies to be filled.' Scabbard smiled at them, 'I need just two more Colonels.' And aimed for Vinnie and Modo.

Both glanced at each other, 'We'll do!' Happy both cheered, Vinnie would get his sweet revenge... until Vinnie noticed Charley. She was so sad, so alone at this moment, lost in sorrow for her niece.
This was Mars, and in a war, they couldn't be together. No one expected this softer more gentle side of Vinnie, not even Stoker, as the white fur ball of energy took her in his arms, tilted her chin and gazed into her eyes.
'I consider it an honour if you would join me in battle... side by side?'
'wasn't the most romantic thing I could think off...' Stoker muttered underneath his breath and received a punch from Harley in the side, 'ouch...'

Charley wrapped her arms around his neck, 'I'll never leave your side...' tender he kissed her, sealing both their fates. Their comrades and friends cheered, as Vinnie made a vulgar gesture. These little moments of happiness were all they needed to continue this meaningless fight for survival and victory.

Harley just sat there, 'You're promotions ain't helping him.' But what could she do? There were now five men at her side who would never let her go to that dreadful place again. The same counted for Carbine plus the fact that Scabbard needed her skills as a General.


0.o.0


Why he had left with them he wasn't sure at all. Right now, they were at the wrong part of town, at the wrong time and surrounded by the wrong kind of Mice. Surrounded by fighters, survivors of the streets of Aerynn. They would slit his throat for nothing, only an insult or a rude gesture was enough for that action.

He knew that Striders were a proud group of fighters.

Murthag swallowed as he tried to get rid of the lump in his throat. This guy Hurricane was known to be one of the worst Mice running around this town. Mace was nothing compared to him. And right now, they needed him. They? Yes, they...
'And may I know what a Strider is doing in my territory?' a dark grey Mouse with short cut hair and a foul dark bad appearance circled the young leader of the Striders, 'You didn't came to beg for my aid, now did you?' a small smile carved his face, the scars across his face danced as he spoke his words, the dark undertone in his voice scared the hell out of Murthag.
'I came here in peace, for so far both our sides respected the truce there was. But now, with those Rats invading the city of Aerynn, peace will not last.' Scimitar reminded him about the approaching darkness, 'the truce will be violated in order to protect those in the Eastern part of Aerynn. Forgive me for that fact, but I cannot sit back and watch my people die. In the end, even your part of the city will fall if us Striders can no longer protect our own borders.'

With those words, the young leader turned his heels and left a stunned Hurricane in the Western part of the City. Lance, Murthag and Chain followed him, dark were their faces and hopeless their situation.

0.o.0

Scabbard sighed, now that they had a small cavalry it didn't meant that they could win this battle. 3000 mercenaries stood outside the gates of Aerynn, only 600 metres separated them from the first rank and the outer city walls. Six kilometres was a long road, but small if you knew about their weapons of war. Rocket launchers, two tanks and who knew what more weaponry for long distance use. Probably did they have enough ammunition to take down a small infantry of the Catatonian forces. Darn... Scabbard only hoped that the Catatonians would stay out of this battle. It was worse enough that the people of Mars battled amongst themselves.

She didn't need to ask. Nightingale knew her son came back empty handed. Calm she held him, like she always did before she would leave him for a battle and kissed his forehead.

'Hey Strider!'

Murthag turned around to see who called for a Strider. Hurricane lend lazy against a brick wall and smiled at him while he played with a dagger, 'Tell your friends that his words make sense. How about turning the truce into an alliance?'
Murthag nodded slow, his mothers arms still around his shoulders, 'I think Scimitar would agree with that one.'

Hurricane smiled wide, 'I'll sent Ribbon and Dragon over to Scimitar for information. They understand our signals.' and he left, disappearing in the darkness as he came. His footsteps were unheard, he was just a swift as a hurricane.
'Good!' Murthag yelled to him, 'I'll sent over Star and Cloud.' He got an affirmative yell from Hurricane, but couldn't see him anymore.

'Go tell your father. Scimitar will be happy to hear this either.' Nightingale picked up her weapons - the grenade launchers and the mortar launchers - and left with her son to see their beloved father and husband.

Murthag knew that Scimitar already knew. The young Mouse had started his own system of information and intelligence when he had taken over leadership over this city.
Star and Cloud, two young female Mice, left immediately when Scimitar asked them to. From the rooftops they would do some dangerous work: coordinating the battle and giving through the signals of their leaders. A dangerous business, for the enemy would want take those posts out first. Scimitar could only hope that both women would come back alive and not in body bags.

At the same time the women left, two other Mice appeared, males and quite powerful.
'Winter and Crash reporting for duty Scimitar, we're sent by Hurricane.'
'Good, go with Murthag to the highest towers with these radios and await orders.' Scimitar smiled at his younger friend who lead them away. Murthag may be a strong Mouse, his strong eyesight made him better as a scout than a warrior.

'That makes one cavalry existing only about eleven Mice. An infantry existing about only 602 Mice and two uncontrolled groups. The third group I don't even want to ask. That half breed is just to worthless to ask anything. She only concerns her own business.' Scabbard spoke to the leaders and the small cavalry.

'Speak for yourself full blood.' From the alleys came a young female Mouse, with features of a Rat, 'or are you a fool blood? My people are already in position, protecting the southern part of the wall even as we speak. Sent over two of your Mice who understand and I'll exchange them for Dewshine and Moonshade.' Two female Mice showed up next to her, Lance took them to the tower of Murthag. He didn't need to know Scimitars orders as he saw his friend grin wide. Silver and Bullet, two of Scimitars Mice followed her back to her part of the town.
Scimitar didn't know how to thank her, 'Aisha...'
'the more the merrier!' she grinned wide, 'I've promised my people a good battle against true enemies, not ourselves!'

The three highest towers were now occupied with two signallers each: when one Mouse fell the other would continue. High away and safe from the battle raging below they would pass one messages by hand or radio to the leaders of their part of the town. Most of the time it meant that they had nothing to do and play with their tails or something. All six chosen Mice hoped for that... their hearts told them that it wouldn't be so.

0.o.0

'Take away the towers first... all of them. Then the walls.' Mace gave his general the last instructions, 'no matter the cost, take the walls down.'
'Even the city gate is unbreakable. It stood for centuries and even survived the Plutarkian war.' The general said his supreme commander, 'I doubt if it will fall in this battle, tough for you my leader, I hope.'
'You talk to much. Take. Those. Walls. Down.' Mace growled at his face, 'I want them dead.' With the mercenary at his side, he walked to the balcony and oversaw his army. The Dog gazed at the young human woman laying in the bed. Mace apparently had a new toy.

'Rats, Fish and Dogs! Before you, you see the last true strongholds of the Mice. Their days have ended as they have taken everything from you! In their attempt to rebuild Mars, they stole your land! They stole your freedom and your lives! They repent everything on you, your families and your friends! Now take theirs! Destroy them! Take them down!'
Unnecessary to say that the speech wasn't needed at all. They did everything for money, money Mace didn't had...

The two tanks were placed in position, from their places they would destroy a lot. Hopefully the walls of Aerynn. Those walls of 7 metres thick concrete and brick stone, enforced with Martian Glass Steel and other strong materials from what the use was forgotten due to the wars. An 8 by 12 metre high city gate made out of Martian Glass Steel finished the strong wall. No force had ever broken through, not even the Plutarkians. They only managed to take over the city with their spaceships as they landed forces from above and open the city doors from within.
The grenadiers took stand between the infantry and the tanks, their mortar fire would destroy a good deal of the city from afar. The infantry had two towers to reach over the city walls, nothing more nothing less.

'It looks like medieval warfare...' Charley whispered soft when she stood along side Vinnie on the wall.
'You know this kind of warfare Charley?' Vinnie asked her as she begun to walk over the wall, to see every part of the army in front of her.
Suddenly, she wanted to know something, it reminded her of an old movie she had seen...

'Helms Deep...' she whispered to herself, barely audible, 'this looks like the Two Towers...'and asked a question to know enough about the state of this city: 'Scimitar, did someone ever broke through these walls and gates?'
Scimitar glanced at her and shrugged his shoulders. 'I don't know missy, ask Chain. And I don't care about that either, my people are more important to me.'
Dewshine the Rat glanced at him, 'Make sure my people are important to you either. I just want to live out my life in peace.'
Scimitar smiled, for a Rat she was friendly and willing to fight and die for her city.
'Never. Only fallen when the Plutarkians landed their troops from above within the city. But never have these walls been breached.' The older Mouse Chain answered her question, 'why?'
'It reminds me of medieval warfare, from Earth. Scimitar, come with me, I think I have an idea!' she run off, back to Scabbard and the small cavalry who were stunned that a human without war history had some tricks up her sleeves.

0.o.0

Wicked the Half Breed observed his master. His master was far from pleased: his toy was nearly dead, or so believed Mace, the walls of Aerynn were a problem for they wouldn't fall even if you'd bomb them day in day out and the former top of the FFA was together again.
Wicked the Half Breed may be wicked, but he was damn smart. Half Rat half Dog he was a strange kind of Martian to see. And the main reason that the different species of Mars didn't breed each other. Besides that, he was a scientist and made all sorts of potions, poisons and tools for his Master Mace when he requested so.

'You OD'd her!' Mace scolded at him and threw a vase at his head, 'She's dead. My toy is gone.' Wicked dodged another cup of wine thrown at him, 'find me that other toy.' Red wine splashed all over the wall what made Mace even more furious.
'No... she's alive.' Wicked answered with a wicked kind of voice - the reason why his name was Wicked - and checked her pulse in her neck, 'Very much alive. Only, asleep. This poison doesn't kill but induces a sleep she cannot break herself.' This calmed his master a little, there was still hope that Mace could enjoy this strange furless being.
'But tell me, master. How will you break these walls and destroy the gates?'
'I will not. You will.' Mace grinned wide, 'find me a weapon strong enough to break those gates and walls... Or I will use your body to break it.'
'No need to threat my Master, you know that I will always please you with whatever weaponry and toys... Wait another hour, dream of what you can do with her and than... have fun. In the mean time, I will destroy these walls for you.' With a gentle bow he left the south tower of his Masters domain and went to the cellar for his work. He stopped before he left the room, 'I don't know how to break humans, but my best guesses are that you should let her witness the destruction of the city and their little forces they have left.' Mace smiled, a perfect idea, and the perfect way to break her, to witness her being broken only at the sight of the destroyed city...

Once Wicked had red about an Earth weapon, so odd and old but oh so powerful: Greek Fire. A fire that started small and meaningless, that wouldn't spread. But when the enemy wanted to put out the fire with water, it would spread... like a petrol fire spreading and destroying everything. The heath would be unbearable, the flames... Wicked enjoyed the pain of death of his enemies already. Their squeals... also a reason why his name was Wicked - he loved pain of death of his enemies.
Now.. he needed the right tools to make Greek Fire... along the way down he found them and made Mace' slaves work harder than ever. In one hour he wanted Greek Fire to please his master.

0.o.0

Wicked was right, slow she begun to gain consciousness, slow she would wake up. Lazy she stirred in the bed, the sheets shifted, the blankets moved as she roll over to her side and clutched the pillow as if she clutched her lovers arm.

So sweet, so lovely. So... darn boring.

Would she cry for the name of her lovely Mouse if he'd tore her soul apart?
Would she growl that she would kill him when the time came?
Would she swear that her lovely Mouse would safe her from these ordeals?
Could he rip every memory from her mind and use it against them Mice?

Mace couldn't wait to find out.

He was sure about one thing, he'd make her suffer long and slow...

0.o.0

TBC

R&R please!
Sign up to rate and review this story