Categories > Cartoons > Biker Mice from Mars > Memoirs of a Freedom Fighter - 2

Memoirs 16

by Silverdragon 0 reviews

rimfire continues story telling...

Category: Biker Mice from Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-02-28 - Updated: 2007-02-28 - 6158 words

0Unrated
---

16. ARC 2 - Siege at Aerynn - aftermath

---

'Going somewhere?' Aisha the Rat stopped Rimfire as he wanted to leave the city through the western gates, 'you are needed in the field.' For a Rat, she was beautiful, long slender legs, long lashing hairless tail and light beige fur with dark brown eyes and short cut curly brown hair. Her dressing existed about tatters and rags, still covering that what needed to be covered.
'Mind your own business.' Rimfire growled and yanked the locks of the gate without success, 'and let me out!' with another yank at the lock, he turned to his motorcycle and took out the anchor hook.
'won't work. The three gates have never fallen. And you cannot go out there unseen. There's about 3000 mercenaries out there, ready for battle. Whatever your business is, you gotta sit it out or fight for it.'
Rimfire growled low and angry, almost in her face, as he held her by the collar with force, 'I will get out of these gates.'
'No you won't. I alerted your leader, Scabbard. In two minutes his men will escort you back to the battlefield. Aah... here they are...'

Rimfire could still see the face of the Mouse falling. Blood splattered from his neck as he fell. He never noticed, he never knew or felt. He would leave a wife and three Kittens, one only a baby... the three others hid behind the walls of the buildings, damn why did these Mice build so many low buildings and placed the sky scrapers in the middle of the city?
Rimfire grabbed Aisha as he hid with her against the gates.

A barrage of laser fire run down upon them, the streets lit in the red lights of fire and laser fire. Rimfire loaded his own lasers and signalled to the Mice further away to go up the great wall and try to return fire.
Aisha tried to stop him, 'You'll die!' but he ignored her. The three red shirts and the former FFA climbed up the wall as only Mice could, their claws weren't only suitable for clawing and scratching but also for climbing like a Ninja. Up the wall they stalked to the edge of the wall and hid behind the crenels.
Careful one gazed over it and ducked as he was almost hid by laser fire. 'Damn! Too many! And they've started at night!'
'They want to kill us in our sleep, when we are not at guard!' Rimfire yelled back, his voice barely audible above the constant gun firing, 'Give them a taste of their own medicine! Aisha! Fire when ready and at will!' he ordered the Rat as he fired as much he could until the cartridge was empty.

She nodded, yelled something in a language that Rimfire didn't understand and from everywhere and nowhere the Rats fired at the enemies. In the same time she gave hand signals to her people up the sky scrapers who passed her information on to the other groups.
Seconds later laser fire was returned from the other two parts of the wall.

Now that it was easier the first red shirt looked over the wall passed the crenels. All of the gun fire was ricochet against something light blue. Scimitar identified it as: 'Shields! They have shields!' he yelled at Rimfire, barely audible above the noise of firing.

Rimfire nodded, Aisha had already passed this new knowledge on to the sky scrapers and jumped up the wall to lay next to him, 'my people will support your people, but our resources are limited.' She said, 'tell me, what can we do?'

Never in a million years a Rat had asked a Mouse for help or wanted to support a Mouse. Nonetheless he was stunned but answered her, 'find a way behind them, these shields only work on the front an are personal. At the back these shield do not function. Get behind them and shoot them down like sitting ducks!'

'Easier said than done.' She smiled as she returned another barrage of fire but she gave the orders. This time, she got an answer delivered by a young male Rat, 'Aisha, Stoker says that it's not possible right now. The streets of the Eastern and Northern part are on fire and Scabbard and Scimitar need all their men to return fire.' He fell as he huffed, dodging the laser firing from the enemy. Rimfire felt sorry for him, the Rat was probably only 14 years of age.

'It's okay Barrage, it's okay. I understand. Go up there and watch the enemy, report me ever half hour or when they make another move.' Hidden in the shades the young Rat wouldn't be seen.

0.o.0

Scabbard dodged a rocket coming in. Right after impact his wife Nightingale responded to it by ordering her team to return mortar fire. Several rockets made their impact at the side of the enemy and Scabbard was pleased that the enemy was screaming from pain and death in stead of the Mice hidden behind the wall. His wife smiled as she held her thumbs up and fired another round of mortars. Apparently their shields weren't so impenetrable as assumed. It pleased him, 'Squadron 4 and 5, return fire!' Immediately 400 Mice aimed their rifles for the sky and fired away.

'Truly the Two Towers...' Charley whispered as she hid behind the crenels of the wall, 'Scimitar, what lies underneath the city?'
The young Mouse thought things over, 'sewers, catacombs and tunnels.'
'do these tunnels end up outside the city walls?' Charley asked him, 'I need to know!' He nodded, a sudden fear took over, 'I'll sent a team to guard the main tunnels.'
'And the lesser tunnels!' she said him, 'please... do it. Or else I fear the worst.'
'where did you get that knowledge?' Stoker asked her during the cross-firing. Bullets and lasers and mortars flew past their ears, hitting the wall that still didn't gave way.
'I watch too many movies. And too much Two Towers!' She yelled and initiated firing on the enemy herself. Stoker was proud of the human woman to hit at least two shields. At least the bros' taught her something. Damn those shields! Even he couldn't get through those shields. And what was Two Towers? He need to ask her after this battle, if he lived it through, he thought as he dodged for a mortar flying past his ears.

0.o.0

Mace stood by his scientist as he was told about the Greek Fire. A beautiful invention of the Ancient Greek humans of Earth. Damn, these Humans weren't so weak as he thought. Gorgeous weaponry, brutal wars and rules... rules! He was disgusted by those rules. Glad he was that this Hannibal from... what was it again? Cartage? Broke those rules by invading enemy territory in winter.
Also a reason why Wicked's name was Wicked: he was way to interested in other worlds and their history in order to beat his masters enemies. And for so far it worked. Beautiful!
Fifteen Rats voluntary stepped forward to do the task, the ever lasting glory of paradise and the money in prospect if the Rat in question survived were enough to do the job. Mace was glad; if he had to choose them, it would be a lot harder to get them to do the job. Most Rats were cowards by nature.

'My fellow Rats!' Mace begun as he judged them all, barely dressed but they would all for sure die in the tunnels, 'My dear fellow Rats... too long have we been oppressed by the terror called Mice. Too long have we suffered, and for what?! They don't want us to live our lives in freedom! Look what they've done: they destroyed our liberators the Plutarkians! They destroy our allies the Dogs! And now they fight against the Catatonians! Everyone who wants to grant us all a life in freedom and peace, gets destroyed. Everyone who wants to help us out, gets killed. These Mice aren't true Martians! They enslave us, they take our homes, our children, our wives and daughters! We cannot live out our lives in peace if we are destroyed, if our allies gets destroyed. We must take stand, only for our children.' He sighed, as if he truly cared, 'I know that there is little chance you will see your families again... I promise you, I will take care of them, tell your children the stories of your heroic actions. They will know about your sacrifice for Mars! They will keep your name up high and remember you as true heroes!'

Inspired, at least Mace hoped that they would be inspired, they took off into the tunnels that connected the prison with the city with the Greek Fire. The tunnels filled with fire would destroy the support struts that supported the tunnels from within, also to keep the walls in place. Without those ancient struts, the walls would collapse and give way the last barrier that stood between him and the City of Aerynn. And the city of Peace would no longer be peaceful...

0.o.0

Undermine the city? Who would have thought about that? But then again, only for the last five years this city faced several charges from this guy named Mace from his fancy hotel, our castle... Who knows what he hides in those dungeons? Apparently he hid two women, and since another woman is missing, he must hide several missing Mice down there... maybe even my son... Gunsmoke... are you in there? Wait for me my son... I will come and get you, like a good father is supposed to do.

Chain run down the tunnels, the main ones would be targeted first, they were the biggest. But if the invasion had already started, the enemy must be at the catacombs right now.

'Rats!' he hissed to his pack, 'There...' all stopped before they would enter the fourth large catacomb, the seventh catacomb from the city, down one of five tunnels. Lance held his weapon of choice protectively in front of him. Any Rat passing by now would be spiked by it. Concealed by darkness they sneaked up their enemies, carrying something that they didn't know yet. It looked like several mortars with holes, large and unhandy to use. They could hear fluids sloshing inside the containers. Somehow they placed the containers in the centre of the largest catacomb.
'We must be directly above the great wall...' Fear struck Scimitars heart, what was the meaning of this? He expected an attack from under ground, a landing from above, but this? What were they up to?
'Charge.' Lance couldn't wait any longer, with Chain and Murthag on his side, equally tensed and willing to fight weren't about to stop at nothing.
Scimitar turned to Bow, 'go up and tell the others about this.... Go!' the young boy wanted to join the fight, but Scimitar's orders were the law. Quickly he disappeared with the scenery still in his mind.
Scimitar nodded and slow made his way forward, covered by the darkness of the catacombs. Their only light was that from the torches and that guided them directly to the Rats, drawn like flies to a flame.

Careful the Rats placed the strange looking mortars beneath the city, in silence they worked. Never had Scimitar seen Rats working that hard. Right now, his Mice worked harder. They had to preserve this tunnel for it was the only one to the prison and the only possible escape route. Fear grew in their hearts as one of the rats took a lighted torch and walked to the mortars to witness the content of the mortars.
'Stay away!' a Rat with a white lab coat exclaimed, 'you will set the Greek Fire free! You'll kill us all!'
Darkness was their ally, their shadows flickered by the dancing flames from the torches, as they snuck away from the Rats, with the words Greek Fire in their minds.

Away from the tunnels, Scimitar called for a few other Mice, 'Bring Charley.'

As soon as Charley was there - Vinnie insisted on going with her since he refused to leave her side - Scimitar explained the situation to her. This was all strange to the Mice, but Charley knew this Greek Fire all too well. Well... from the movies that was.
'It won't go out with water, that's the trick. Sand and foam will cover it so it will die out by the lack of oxygen, but water will only spread it, like a petrol fire. It wasn't what I feared or expected... An ancient city was destroyed the same way and Greek Fire was the only reason a realm on Earth could exist long enough, even without people to defend it.'
Scimitar was a bit dumbfound, 'What to do then? If this is a fire we can't put out we can't do anything.'
'Sand you say...' Chain seemed to remember something, 'Lance, do you remember the stories I told you at high school? The tunnels are running down slightly, so sand will pass through with ease.'
'But where do we find such large amounts of sands so these unstoppable fires will be stopped?' Lance wondered in sudden fear for this city. The Mouse was never afraid but now his eyes showed the fear he tried to keep out.
'This city was build within the rocks, but our ancestors used something wonderful. The tunnel to the southern sand dune isn't used for escape, as many think, but for the sand of that dune. Used in the wars against Mutt the dog...'
'History lessons have to wait teach,' scimitar wanted him to hurry, 'How do we use that?'
'I'll show you,' the history teacher smiled at him, 'there must be an old system, but it works.'
'when was the last time it worked?' Vinnie asked him, 'we need to stop an invasion from under ground and a war above ground.'
'Scimitar, warn Hurricane, we have to pass through his territory to get there.' Scimitar signalled to the tower with his hands, and the message was transferred to the language of Hurricane's pack.
'We have permission.' Scimitar smiled as he got reply from the tower, 'Hurricane even gives us an escort.'

0.o.0

This was no use, how many times he fired, how long and what force he used, it wasn't doing anything. The pack of Aisha the half breed didn't had any fire arms at all, that made Rimfire standing on his own up there, not to forget his motorcycle. The AI motorcycle fired everything it had on the enemy, but it wasn't enough. 'shields...' Rimfire whispered, 'they have shields... Aisha, we've got to do this another way. Can't we get passed the wall and take some out?'
'I know a better way... there are tunnels running underneath the walls, one large tunnels ends up in that prison compound there. Let's go. Leave your motorcycle here for defence of my people.' Rimfire was eager to leave, his motorcycle had different ideas about Rats and didn't want to stay either. With one forceful grunt that he would never give his motorcycle that special fuel she wanted she remained with the Rats and defended them like she defended Rimfire. 'Sorry... it's just this hatred...'
'Misunderstandings are the first step to hatred.' Aisha said him in all her wisdom, 'I couldn't help that my mother a Rat fell for my father a Mouse.'
Rimfire smiled at her, she was a good Mouse... Rat... whatever... she even had antennas that Rats didn't had and some soft fur on her tail. But she would never be special like Wirr.

Quickly they made their way to the tunnels. Mortars kept falling from the sky, like a meteor shower raining down upon them. Rimfire could see frightened Mice and Rats hiding in old barracks as Aisha ran into one only for a quick breath. Stunned he saw that the Rats and Mice were together, sharing their fear, their love, their homes, food and water, with everyone who wanted to have a safe shelter to hide in and had something to share like fear or love. Rimfire was surprised to sit next to a full blood Rat mother, with her children hiding with her under a table.
'Please help us...' her son begged him, 'Your people can set us free... please...' Aisha took him in her arms, 'We'll do whatever we can,' she assured him, 'You have to be strong for your mother and sisters. Please. Will you do that?' As Rimfire watched the scene unfold their friendship struck him. Love for each other, friendship and fellowship. He stroke the boy's hair, 'We'll help, okay?' With watery eyes the boy gazed at him, a full blood Mouse, his arch enemy by history. But this Mouse had no bad intentions at all. He only inherited his uncles love and affection for children.
'We gotta go.' She whispered to him as the mortar rain suddenly stopped, 'whatever they are up to, we have to be faster than they are.'
Reluctantly Rimfire left the boy and his family behind, would he ever see them again? Both run down the streets, into the tunnel entrance. Sadly enough even this part of town had it's casualties of war. Some were wounded, dying or dead. But all Aisha wanted was the tunnel entrance. It wasn't guarded anymore since Aisha needed all her men to make safe the city. These tunnels could only be opened only with a code, and Aisha managed to crack the code made by Mice to convert it into her own language, that of Rats. If there was time, Rimfire would have studied the beautiful art of his ancestors. Right now, he only thanked them in his heart and sent a prayer for Aisha, for helping him.

0.o.0

'Set in motion the traps... tell the leaders to stay away from the tunnels... the sand dunes from the southern part are about to collapse...' he ordered, 'Set in motion the sand and then the sluices.'
'Is there anyone in the tunnels at this moment?' Charley demanded, 'if so, they will die.'
'I'm sorry if so. But it has to be done.' Was the response she got from Chain, 'In order for this city to survive, sacrifices have to be made.'
'few lives, against hundreds... that is nothing.' Throttle said, the leader of his pack as usual, 'Besides, with the noise and the sudden quakes we are able to stun them for a brief moment and might have an opportunity to charge.'
'Finally! Vinnie van Wham back in the saddle!' Cheering he prepared himself for one hell of a destructive ride as he imagined all the dangerous moves he would make.

0.o.0

'What exactly happened, I don't remember. I can't recall. My memory just fades when I try to regain that one memory. Everything is just... gone.'

'Sand... that's what I remember afterwards. Loads and loads of sand. All the catacombs and corridors were filled with sand. And how it got there?'

'Aisha was no more. I guess. Not long after my pathetic attempt to find her, I gave up and left. According to Stoker it was the will to live that took over, something that makes the living leave the dead.'

'But... she was just a Rat? Why mourn for her?' Typical his great granddaughter, always asking questions without direction or understanding the feelings of others.
'Didn't your mama raise you like that?' he repeated the words his late wife taught him, 'Hatred is the first step to war.... If you would have been some little Kitten running around here, I would have gone to your mother and asked her if she would spank you so hard, I could hear you scream in the Marineris Canyon.
Wirrenth repeated the sentence; Rimfire had the idea that it went in the one ear, and out the other. She would never learn and Mars would suffer other wars in the future.

'so... I walked. Well.. I took one step and had to take my other leg out of the sand... like walking in a swamp or quicksand. Not for long, for I noticed that the light and smell had changed. A harsh biting cold wind from the canyon below bit my fur and stung my eyes. I was freezing cold, but how Charley and Wirr managed to survive on this world, I don't know.'
'Just like my parents in winter? They are always cold and wearing those thick jackets called anoraks and stuff...' apparently little Wirrenth thought it was strange for Martian Mice to dress so warm for a winter. The fur would have done more than enough.
'You're mother is my granddaughter, her mother, my first daughter. Yes... next to Martian blood they both have a drop of Human blood. Your great grandmother was always relieved that my blood overruled hers.
'yeah... something like that... but let me finish this part of the story. It will be night soon and your mother won't let you stay here for the night. So... listen.'
Not her strongest point. Nor was her great grandmothers.

0.o.0

The castle was enormous. With or without motorcycle, the castle was just enormous. How Mace could rule this place was unknown to him. Careful he made his way to the outer walls, from where he would start his search for his love. Somehow, it was to neat. To clean. He gazed from behind the crenels at the scène below. There was no movement in the armies below. Only shields. Only shields? Shields?... Rimfire didn't got the picture right away.

'Beautiful ain't it?'

Shocked he turned around, lasers in his hands, ready to fire. 'Mace!'
'yeah... Mace.' The rusty brown Mouse smiled at him, underneath the mask and outfit was a dark grey Rat, 'I am Mace... if that's what you want to call me.'
'Where is she?' Rimfire growled getting to the point immediately, 'If you hurt her...'
'She's asleep.' Mace waved away his worries, 'I poisoned her, but I gave her a little to much. Since that moment, she's asleep.' The Mouse gazed over his army, still no movement, 'I truly wonder if those stupid Mice ever notice this. The true danger lurks at the gates of my castle, where the firing and the bombing comes from. Will they ever find out?'
Rimfire kept his mouth shut and listened to the words of the traitor, 'I guess not. And now little boy, I have to dispose of a child as well.' His gaze turned to Rimfire, a dark fire lurked in his eyes, hatred gloomed within his soul, 'Your race destroyed mine... My victory here will be the end of your race.'
Rimfire's breath came out in soft little growls, 'a victory obtained with holograms and one large shield!' for a moment the Mouse/Rat laughed out loud in joy and forgot about the young Mouse next to him.

When he came back to his senses he smiled again, 'I know what it is you want.' Mace pointed at the south tower, 'she's there. Can you reach her, before I have destroyed the city with only Mortar?'
Without hesitation Rimfire run towards the south tower. The way was free, but also shut. Doors were shut, walls too high and guards everywhere. He had too less ammunition to fire himself a way in, if he would do so, there would be no way out. From everything he had to endure, this was the worst. To find someone you love with nothing?

0.o.0

Cheers and laughter, the tunnels were filled with sand! It would take years to clean them up, but at least the city could not be undermined at all!
'At least this part of the battle is won. Charley... you did the most.' Stoker hugged the human woman, 'Greek fire, or whatever it is... someone must know a lot about human warfare.'
'Not as much as she does.' Vinnie held her close, 'it was good to bring both women here.'

All joined into the little cheer, the little happiness, but happiness.

'who opened the sluices?' a young male Rat cried, 'who opened those?'

Stunned the leaders of the city and both the armies turned to the young Rat, 'Aisha died... and this young man, Rimfire... he died too... both were in the tunnels.'

Modo's one good eye widened in horror, 'Rimfire?' he asked weakly, 'My little Rimfire?'
The Rat nodded, 'I am sorry... when the sand was unleashed, I couldn't warn them... without light, our hand signals do not travel far.' The poor thing shivered, afraid of the Mice he had hated so long.
Throttle gave the Rat a nod, 'what's your name child, and tell us what happened?'
The young Rat, by the name Rye, told him everything. From the moment the war started until both entered the tunnels.
'Thank you,' Throttle gently squeezed his shoulders, 'you did well. Is there anything we can do for you?'
'Liberate this city and let us city rats live out our lives in peace.' The young Rat said him in tears, 'that's all we want.'
Throttle nodded again, 'We will do whatever we can do within our limits.' And loaded his guns, 'We will mourn later for our dead, right now, we have a war to win and revenge for our losses to take. Rats, Mice and Humans alike.'

0.o.0

Servants entrances... Servants always knew their way around inside the castle. Following the washer-woman to the south tower he memorized the way up, in order to know the way down. Strange it was, to follow a Rat again.
'Nobody likes our master,' she had told him, 'he treats us like dirt, our sons become his slaves and warriors, our daughters are used for his pleasure. If we can help a single Mouse up that tower to this strange furless being called Human Woman, we will help you.'
'I can't give you much in return, only my word that I will not harm one of you.'
'So it's done. Follow me.'

The door creaked and shrieked as she did pushed the door open, 'There... the second door, there she is.'

Careful where to put his feet - booby traps were not uncommon to Freedom Fighters to use or to be used against them - he made his way to the second door, the washer-woman right behind him. As if her broom could do anything to Mace or another Rat. The other door was used more frequent and opened smooth. Light hit their eyes, as Rimfire found that one precious person he wanted so badly.

'So that's what a Human Woman looks like.' The washer-woman gazed at her, 'an ugly being without any fur or large snout.'
Growling Rimfire turned to her, 'How dare you? If you truly hate your master as you say you do, you would have battled him! Giving up your sons and daughters for a Rat so low that even Rats themselves despise him...'
Hearing his harsh words, the woman fled the room crying. He didn't care, for all he had was this strange creature, indeed ugly compared to his own kin, but beautiful compared to anything he had ever seen.

Hardly touching her body, he threw back the blankets and sheets covering her. She was still dressed in the Chinese attire. Strange, not even in his history female Martians dressed in clothes so beautiful. His uncle would have said that he would have a fetish for earth and probably should live out his life on that world. But his heart was still with Mars, as much as with this woman now.
Sleeping under the spell of that dreadful poison, he felt like he was in a play of Romeo and Julia, but this time there would be no death, no pain.

'So you are her beloved Mouse she followed to Mars...' From the shadows came a voice he hated from the moment he heard it, 'A beautiful thing she is not?'
Rimfire did not answer, nor did he flinch.
'Her name is unknown to us, maybe you can give it?' The Rat named Wicked came from the shadows, he indeed was wicked.
When the Rat finally revealed himself, Rimfire drew his laser and shot him between the eyes. The Rat hit the ground convulsing, after a few moments he lay still and made no more movement, nor wicked words... And unknowingly Rimfire had killed the only one left who knew how to make Greek Fire.

Aware of her mind that could fight back, his antennas touched her forehead and he probed her mind. No bad memories he could find, as he scanned her. Humans had little ability to send back, so surprised he was when he got an answer. There was another soul present within her body.

Tiny, little, afraid.

Rimfire smiled, this was good, his child was still alive and he send over his thoughts to his child. The tiny little Mouse felt safe and remained with him as he sought the soul of his fiancée.
Not disturbing any memories that weren't his, he wandered through her mind until he found her, hidden within her own mind. He touched her, knowing that next to her body her soul was still a-okay. Mace hadn't poisoned her soul, as he had poisoned her body.

In stead of one, he had to safe two, like he expected. Pregnant... and he was going to be a father! Not letting his mind overflow with this knowledge and allowing his heart to be joyous later, he untangled himself from her mind and regained consciousness. For how long she would sleep he didn't know but she would sleep in safety.

0.o.0

Modo didn't had much bright moments. At least, not when it came to books or college. He would never become a doctor, nor a lawyer or a scientist. He was a simple Mouse with a simple past and a simple future. All he desired was a woman at his side and a few children playing in and around his house and maybe even a little shop for motorcycles and four wheel drives. But right now, he had one bright moment:

'Lil' Hoss! Scan!' he ordered his motorcycle as he continued to fire against the shields. The motorcycle revved up it's engine and drove up the wall until it landed on the crenels and quickly scanned the scene below. No one fired at the motorcycle, what surprised Modo. Even he would have fired at a machine if it belonged to the enemy. When the motorcycle came over to her master and hid behind the crenels, she gave him a full bleeped report.
'so you say that the true enemy is behind those shields, near the castle? Only fifty Rats? And these are holograms?'
The motorcycle beeped in confirmation, 'Report this to Stoker and Scabbard! Now!' The motorcycle disappeared, 'That explains a lot... Everybody! Correct fire to the castle! Destroy the castle!' he yelled at his troop. Stunned they gazed at him, but did as told as he corrected fire to the castle as well.

Throttle didn't understand at all why Modo had corrected his orders, but did as Modo did and ordered his people to do so. After half an hour the firing from the castle died. No more mortars. Even nightingale came up the wall to see what happened.
'So much for a daring battle.' Vinnie grumbled, Charley just hugged him. Through the firing she was terrified and feared the worst.
'We can still have that daring battle.' Scabbard grinned wide, 'we empty the city, that is something Mace will not expect. Half my troop, the other half remains here under the command of my wife and son. With at least 300 Mice and you guys we can destroy that castle once and for all.'
'how?' Stoker asked the former sergeant.
'just follow my lead, I know what I do.'
'No you don't, as usual, and I can save your sorrow retired tail when you make a mistake.' Nightingale kissed her husband goodbye, 'just bring everyone back alive, okay?'

0.o.0

Mace stumbled back to the wall for support and the fake feeling of safety. They had seen through his plans! They had seen through his movements! How dared they!? What in the world... And since he had heard gunfire in the south tower Wicked must be dead. He admitted to himself that his plans weren't as good as he hoped too. But the shock of the actual loss struck him more than the loss of both Harley and Carbine.
Whatever would happen, they weren't allowed to destroy the holograms and with that the shields! If so... he would be lost.
In fear, he run. He forgot his men and run.

'going somewhere Mace?' scared to death he stopped dead in his tracks and gazed into the barrel of Rimfire's gun.

0.o.0

Finally, some true action. Charley held the guns as Vinnie started his motorcycle. She sat right behind him on the cherry red motorcycle, flanked by Throttle with Carbine and Modo. Stoker and Centreline - Harley on a motorcycle in the middle since both almost started a fight over who got to drive her around - led the small pack of biker Mice to the battlefield. Stunts and Spark remained behind only to defend the city just in case, like Kick-start would do.

Scabbards men were right behind them, as the leaders of the city remained with Nightingale and some of the troops.

'Remember,' Scabbard instructed his men, 'Just like the old days... let them go first and we clean up their mess.'
'awww... no fun for us?'
'nope' another Mouse said, 'not for us, since we're not fast enough!'
'gotta learn how to drive such a motorcycle...' the first one muttered.
'quiet!' All returned to their posts as quick as they could as they heard Scabbard explode...

0.o.0

Mace was not alone... he never was. 'Where were you two?' he scowled as two Rats surrounded Rimfire. The young mouse had no chance at all, certainly not with the unconscious toy in his one free arm.
Rimfire heard his skull crack as he was punched in the neck with the barrel of a gun and slumped on the ground.
'What do we do with him boss?' The first Rat demanded. Mace needed money and quick. He thought about all possibilities, until he found one suitable.
'Sell them to Cataclysm for a nice price. I am sure, if I may believe the rumours, that he wants them both. Do it quickly and make sure you get enough money. Or else I'll hold you two responsible for my low bank account.' He growled at them, 'now leave me, I have an army to lead.'

0.o.0

When Mace had returned to the crenels of the outer wall, he saw something he didn't thought was possible: Aerynn was empty, her forces were outside the gates and the Biker Mice were in front! Somehow the Greek Fire didn't work at all!
'wipe them out!' he heard Stoker roar and fled inside the castle to claim his price.

'sell them at some place elsewhere, not here!' Mace yelled at his two Rat guards, 'Now!' The two hesitated a second or two and finally left. Mace could here their footsteps disappear in the corridors to the garage, where they would probably do as told and sell both to the Catatonians. Stupid... he would have no more need for the money soon. Soon, very soon, Stoker would burst through the walls, with Centreline and Vinnie, like Throttle would do and make him pay for the pain, the treachery and the war. And most of all, for Harley and Carbine.

Never did he expect that he would be used for a hunt. Stoker was the first to burst through the wall on his motorcycle, crash into the floor, got back to his wheels and chased Mace around.
'Damn! No fair! The old timer cheated!' Vinnie scolded as he came through the wall, like Centreline and Throttle did.
'He's not totally yours Stoker!' Throttle growled, 'we want a piece of him either!'
Mace run like hell itself chased him around. Maybe he would be able to make it to the front yard, where the battle was taking place. He run down the stairs, out the hall and into the awaiting gun of Carbine. Next to her stood Harley. both women just stood there. Next to them a third, he recognized her as Nightingale, the lady love of Scabbard. Afraid he pulled back. The blank expressions on their faces made him weary.

As the four motorcycles came to their shrieking halt the drivers aimed for Mace' head. No quarter, no mercy, no nothing. Just a sharp hot pain and the sound of bones breaking somewhere far away. It didn't matter anymore. The last thing he saw before he died was the merciless face of General Carbine, spitting in his face.

0.o.0
TBC
R&R please!
Sign up to rate and review this story