Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Escape to L.A.

The Reason

by Dancemandydance 5 reviews

The band continues with Pete and the boys over to Europe. A big secret finally comes out.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-02-28 - Updated: 2007-03-01 - 1490 words

2Ambiance
--Kat's POV-

We've been out on tour with the guys for about a month and a half now. Things are going great. Our single is climbing the charts and our album will be out next month so the guys ask us to stay with them over through Europe, which makes me extremely happy. I love being with my band but I love being with Pete even more. Our relationship is good...except for the fact that whenever Chad's around me Pete barely says a word.

Chad and I have gotten close and yes...he's flirty, but that's just his nature. He told me a couple of weeks ago that he actually has a girlfriend back home and misses her like crazy. He doesn't talk about her much because he doesn't wanna seem like a pussy, but he really does love her. He feels like I'm the only one he can talk to about it because I'm a girl and I "know how he feels". No, I didn't tell him about Pete, but I listen to him and he likes that. The night after our last show in the US before we go over to Paris tomorrow to start touring Europe, Chad and I sit on our bus chatting when Pete comes in.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't know you guys were in here," he says as soon as he gets on the bus, turns around and starts walking out again.

"Pete, wait!" I call to him. I run off the bus and catch up with him, grab his arm and get him to stop

"Yeah?" he asks.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Yeah right nothing. Pete what is your problem with Chad?"

"Nothing, Kat. Goodnight." He gets out from under my grip and walks away. I huff and turn on my heal and get back on the bus.

"Bastard," I whisper as I walk back over and sit next to Chad.

"What's wrong?" Chad asks.

"Pete's just being an asshole," I sigh.

"Pete is an asshole, Kat. When will you realize that?"

"He's really not. He's just like that when you're around me. I think he feels that you and I are too close or something."

"You mean that I'm edging him out?" He laughs. "Get it? Edge him out?! God I'm funny."
"Ha ha. You're hilarious." I roll my eyes at him and laugh.

"Really though...I think he's jealous."

"Jealous of what?"

"He just doesn't want anyone else touching you, especially a good looking guy like me."

"Why would he be jealous?" I ask, afraid to hear the answer.

"Maybe because the guys in love with you?"

"Ha ha. Yeah right."

"Serious." He gives me a face; completely serious.

"If he's so in love with me, why hasn't he tried anything?"

"Cuz he's an asshole."

"Chad, you're hilarious." I pat his head and head over to my bunk to finish packing for our plane trip. After I'm done packing, I lay in my bunk...wide awake. Could Chad be right? No...impossible. I'm not that lucky.

I slept about an hour that night and was basically walking dead when we got to the airport.

"Good sleep, Kat?" Joe asks sarcastically. I nod and push him. "Damn, feisty."

"Sit next to me on the plane, Kat," Patrick says, putting his arm around me. I nod and smile. Patrick's like a brother to me, and he's nice to cuddle up to. Pete doesn't seem to get angry when Patrick and I cuddle. I guess he just really hates Chad.

The plane ride is smooth and we arrive in Paris at dusk. The city is beautiful and I can't believe I waited until I was 24 to see it. We get to the hotel and right away I go to sleep. We're staying in a hotel because we actually have 2 nights of shows here. I'm grateful because I hate sleeping in those tiny bunks on the bus. I sleep all the way until noon the next day...I guess I really needed it.

We go to the venue and do sound check and hang out backstage for a bit. Chad and I play ping pong while everyone else is basically glued to their laptops. Around 8 we go on and play our set. It went well, as usual. Paris seems to really like us.

I walk backstage and find Pete alone in the dressing room, sitting on the couch talking on his phone. He finishes his conversation and hangs up.

"Set went well?" he asks.

"Yeah...the girls love Chad." Pete rolls his eyes and I can't take it anymore.

"Pete. What the fuck is your problem?" I yell, throwing a towel down. He stares at me.

"What?"

"Why do you hate Chad?" I demand.

"I don't hate Chad."

"Bull shit. Every time he's around me you either sulk or tighten up with anger and you don't say a word. Now tell me why you don't like him." He stands up and walks over to me.

"I," he says angrily. "I don't like the way he flirts with you."

"What? Are you crazy? And why do you care?"

"He's all over you and its disgusting."

"And why should you care if he's all over me." I push his chest when he doesn't answer. "Why?"

"Because," he says softer, but still very angry.

"Because why? Give me one good reason," I say, putting my finger up. "One good reason."

"You want a reason? I'll give you a fucking reason." He lunges at me and puts me against the wall. I try to say something but he stops me by pressing his lips to mine with so much force I swear I almost crumble. I give into his kiss and grab his waist, pulling him into me. I slide my tongue across his lips and he opens them slightly, giving it entrance. He moans against my lips and presses me harder against the wall. I can feel myself start to get weak in the knees but he puts his arm around my waist and pulls me up. He pulls away and I just stand there, my eyes closed licking my lips. Did that just happen?

"You kissed me back," he said, slightly surprised. I open my eyes and look into his.

"It was a really good reason," I say softly. He giggles and runs his hand down my side. My back is still leaning against the wall, my legs slightly open and his thigh resting between them.

"Yeah?" he cocks his head to the side and moves his face closer to mine, about to go in for another kiss. "I love you," he whispers.

--Pete's POV-

I can't believe I just did that. I wasn't planning it...it just happened. She kissed me back...but did that mean she loves me or was she just giving into lust? I start to think I shouldn't have said the "l" word when I hear her speak.

"I love you, Pete," she whispers, putting her hand on my neck and caressing my hot skin.

"Yeah?" She nods and pushes herself away from the wall, her hand still on my neck. She stares into my eyes and kisses me lightly on the lips. "I've loved you," I pause and kiss her again, very lightly...so lightly that I can barely feel it. "Since the day we started talking..." I kiss her again, this time deeper, causing her to moan slightly against my lips. "Since before I met you," another kiss, this time I slide my tongue past her lips and pull her closer to me. "I've loved you since then and have fallen in love with you a little more each day since." She smiles at me and pulls me into her, fully engulfing me in the sexiest kiss I've ever received. Her hands slip under my shirt and caress the small of my back and mine do the same to hers. Her skin is so soft; her lips even softer. After about a minute she breaks away.

"I've loved you just as long," she whispers, her forehead leaning against mine, "and I've lusted over you for even longer." She giggles a bit and pushes her hips into mine. Just then there's a knock at the door.

"Pete...we're on," Patrick yells.

"Finish this later?" I ask.

"We'll more than finish it," she says hotly as she runs her finger down my shirt and pokes my tummy. "Break a leg, Peter."

"Thank you, Katrina," I smile and give her a deep kiss before heading out the room.

"I love you," she yells.

"I love you too," I answer.

"Why did I wait so long to do that?" I ask myself as I head to the stage.

"Ready?" says Patrick. "God Pete...you're beaming. What the hell happened?"

"I told her," I smile and put on my bass.

"Thank God," Patrick gasps before we head out onstage. "Now I can sleep at night."
Sign up to rate and review this story