Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Reikai Arc

Finding

by Sheya 0 reviews

We all know that the book says that you can hear the voices of the dead in the veil. What if there was more to it? A Yu Yu Hakusho Harry Potter Crossover

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Fantasy, Humor, Parody - Characters: Harry, Hermione, Lupin, Ron, Sirius - Published: 2007-03-05 - Updated: 2007-03-06 - 3002 words

1Original
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reikai Arc
~~
A Fanfiction by: Sheya
~~
Finding
~~
Chapter 03
~~
Harry's Spirits: What He Learned
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Harry parted with Hermione he walked around the lake to a secluded area. He sat down and started thinking about what he felt when he got the unlocking charm.

When he had touched the gem he felt warm all over but then the feeling concentrated in his hands, then it disappeared back within himself. Right now he felt the power within so he tried to concentrate on making that feeling enter his hands.

As he concentrated, he closed his eyes and felt the warm feeling grow stronger. He opened his eyes when he realized that light was shining through his eyelids. When he looked down he saw his hands and forearms glowing.

"Ok, so I've called up this power- so now what? It's supposed to be a weapon but how is glowing hands a weapon?"

He sat staring at his hands, "Maybe I need to will a weapon, force a weapon to form. But what would be the most useful?"

Harry thought about what Sirius said about making a shield and he did the glow changed- if flowed thicker in one arm and then formed into a round shield.

"So, now I have a shield, now I need a useful weapon, I already have the Gryffindor sword, I think it will come if I need it... maybe something I can throw?"

Harry released the shield and sat with his chin in his hand. "Well if this is a Japanese thing what weapon can I use...?" Then he stood up. "What were they called-" 'Shuriken!!!' he concentrated on the form he wanted and threw his hands forward and about a hundred small star shaped pieces of white Ki flew forward into the lake. Then Harry fell forward onto his hands and knees gasping for breath. "I think... I over... did it."

Harry sat there for a few minutes regaining his strength; he then stood up and sighed. "I think I need a nap, if I don't I think I'll fall over." He slowly made his way back to his common room and up the stairs to his bed- crashing into it as he passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finding
~~
Ron's New Weapon: How to form a...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Ron Left Harry he walked around the grounds for a bit. He wandered past the lake and through the Quiditch Pitch; he ended up going back inside and walking past Frienze's classroom. The teaching Centaur called him inside.

"The stars have told me that the final battle is near, you and your friends have gained new weapons."

"Yeah but I have no idea what the bloody weapon is!"

"Look within yourself, think of weapons you know and form your power into one you are comfortable with." Frienze watched as Ron's face lit up.

"Thanks that helped." Ron ran into the hall and found his way to the Room of Requirement. He passed the door the required amount of times and thought about what he needed from it: A place to learn and find out what his new abilities and weapons were. When the door appeared and he opened it a room full of weapons and books awaited him. He entered and started playing with different weapons; then he noticed the books- he put the weapon that he had been holding down and looked at the books.

"They hold instruction for how to use the weapons. I've been around Hermione enough to know that without a teacher books are a good alternative."

He opened a book and started reading the basics of the weapons. After reading about a weapon he picked up its real life counterpart and tried to find if he liked the weapon.

He looked at a sword, a scythe, a staff, and double blades... then he came across the chapter for a sickle with a chain attached. He read about it, then went looking for it, when he found it he knew that this was the weapon for him. He could use it up close or far away.

He sat down in one of the chairs and started concentrating on his chosen weapon, when the glowing light flared, he opened his eyes and saw the Chain-sickle form. "Yes it worked; wait didn't Sirius say I could shield somehow?"

As Ron thought about the shield the Chain-sickle reformed into a square shield.

"Alright I got a shield and a Chain-sickle." He then practiced using his newfound Shield and Weapon for a bit. After about fifteen minutes of that he started to feel very tired. "I now need to sleep guess I need to work at building up my strength. But right now I'm going to the tower to sleep."

Put everything away and left the room, as he closed the door he noticed Hermione heading towards him. "Hey!" He smiled at his friend.

"Hey Ron! What are you up to?" Hermione walked over to him.

"I was going to rest, I found some things out. By the way the Room of Requirement has helped me greatly." Ron waved to Hermione. "But learning these things tired me out."

"Well then I'll see you later... at dinner?"

"Sure I never miss dinner if I can help it. See you." Ron left Hermione to her wanderings.

When he got to the common room he went to the dorm and saw Harry just finishing passing out on his bed. Ron watched him for a second, "Guess I'm not the only one tired out by this." He thought kicking off his shoes and following his other best friend's example.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finding
~~
Hermione's New Toys: Hermione Goes Overboard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione had taken Ron's advice but before she met him she had been wandering the school and grounds think about all she had learned in Karate class, she remembered the warnings that her sensei had given her when he said that she could learn Ki. She had also been looking for a place to explore her new ability. She had looked in classrooms as well as outside, she had thought about going to the library but- vetoed that idea when she saw Harry boil part of the lake, she wandered back inside anyway hoping to come to a solution. And, when she met Ron he had given her that solution.

She went to the Room and though about what she needed, then opened the door. As she entered she realized that the room had done a curious thing- it had turned into a traditional Japanese Dojo, it had a training area, a research area and a meditation area, they were all separated by sliding paper doors. Sliding panels had also hid the door to the rest of the castle. The meditation area had a Buddhist Rock garden and a Koi Pond, the research area had cubbies upon cubbies of scrolls, and the training area had weapons on the walls as well as a hard wood floor. All in all it reminded her of the Dojo she had trained at for most of her life.

She went to explore the research area, reading scrolls and thanking whatever Kami were listening that they were in English because she was in no mood to translate Japanese. She found scroll about fighting techniques and weapons techniques, then she found what she was looking for... Ki techniques. She found four scrolls that she wanted to look into one for shielding, and three for weapons, her sensei had told her that most Ki masters had more then one attack that they could use, but they also had favorite attacks. She wanted to be prepared for everything. The three weapons scrolls had different types of weapons on them: Bow and Arrow, a sword, and Ki claws.

She then went to the meditation area to read her scrolls and try to get in touch with her Ki; she fell into her old meditation techniques and followed her magic down to the core of her power which she found was her Ki. As she entered her core she realized that the unlocking spell just removed a barrier that had been on her Ki. She knew that it was there to keep her Ki under control- to keep a wizard from burning out by reaching too deep into their core and using up that power; that would lead to death. When she realized this she created a new channel to her Ki that was smaller then her Magic channel so she wouldn't burn herself out. She also realized that she would have to teach this to Ron and Harry.

Then she stood up and went to the training area to practice. She imagined her new weapons; she formed them in her mind first carefully crafting every detail so she would never forget them. She brought out the Bow and Arrows first sighting on targets that had appeared while she had been meditating. She let fly a few arrows to test her aim when she was satisfied she banished the Bow. She then Called up her sword and attacked the practice dummies that the targets had turned into, when she was satisfied that she had an adequate handle on her sword she banished it as well. Then she repeated her massacre with the Ki Claws. When she was happy with her progress she banished them and called the shield, it took the some form as Link's shield from 'Legend of Zelda' but it had no designs and was made of energy. When she banished her shield she realized that it was almost time for dinner, she also realized how tired she was. She decided that she needed food first and sleep later. So she returned to the Gryffindor common room figuring if she was as tired as she was Ron and Harry must be too. When she got there she asked the first boy, Neville, she saw where her friends were, he said that they went to the dorm and hadn't come down yet. She then asked him to bring them down for dinner.

As the two sleepy friends and one bemused friend joined her she dragged them all off to dinner telling them that they would feel better after eating something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finding
~~
Remus's Freedom: What a Werewolf Should Be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner Remus returned to his office and saw the vial still sitting one his desk. He looked at for a few minutes then in one swift motion he picked it up opened it and downed it. When he finished drinking he dropped the Vial and fell into his chair feeling dizzy, when his head cleared he realized that he was no longer in his office, he was still in an office but not his own. He stood up looking around; he noticed a large desk with a large chair behind it. Sitting on the desk was a toddler.

"Hello." The child waved at him.

"You- you're Koenma, Right?"

"Yes, you however, are wondering how you got here."

"Yeah."

"This is my office in Reikai, you are not really here, your sprit is here, but you body is still in your office, it is adjusting to the changes that the potion is creating. I have brought you here to give you a crash course in the basics of what you've become. I will arrange with Sirius for all of you to come here or go to a teacher over the Christmas holidays, you will learn much, much more. However for now I have brought someone here to teach you to, at least, hide the changes that are coming."

"Changes?" Remus sat down again.

"Yes, they will be reflected in your spirit form in a few moments. And your teacher will be here in a few minutes."

As Koenma finished speaking, Remus sensed that his form was changing, His ears moved and morphed in to something else, his teeth changed- they elongated into slight fangs, his nails changed to be stronger and slightly more claw like. His strength increased as did his sense of smell.

"Would you like to see the changes?"

"Ye-Yes." Remus stood up and almost fell back down; he caught his balance before he did though.

The Koenma snapped his fingers and a mirror appeared in front of Remus. The mirror showed that he ears were now wolf like, as were his sharp fangs and claws, his eyes were more golden then brown and slit like a cats. The most surprising change, and the one that made him almost fall, was the almost floor length tail that had sprouted from his lower back.

"Whoa!"

"Yes quite. I didn't think that you would end up with a tail. But then again..."

"Koenma- you needed my help." A high soft polite voice came from the door. They both turned toward the voice; standing at the door was a young man, he had long red hair and bright green eyes. "Hello I'm Youko Kurama."

"Uhh... Remus Lupin" Remus realized that the only reason that he knew this person was male was because his nose told him so, "pleased to meet you." He also wondered why this young man seemed so familiar.

"Well- Kurama here will help you understand your new abilities... I would have asked Yusuke but Kurama is better at explaining things... Anyway you power is closer to Kurama's."

Kurama walked in to the room and stood leaning against the desk. "So now you first need to know how to control the change. Since this is your first time memorize how you feel in this form.

Remus closed his eyes and concentrated, then nodded opening his eyes again.

"Ok, since you have been human most of your life this should be easy for you just remember what it feels like to be human."

Remus took a deep breath and concentrated. After a few minutes, his form slowly returned to normal.

"Good- now that you have returned to human, change back to hanyou using the same process, then practice until you don't need to think about it anymore. You don't have to do that here but you should when you get back."

Remus changed back to Youkai almost immediately- then he went back to human still had trouble with it. "Why is it easier to be hanyou? I've been human all my life."

"Because," replied Koenma who was sitting on the desk next to Kurama, "Hanyou is what a werewolf should be. The person who created them was trying to the Youkai or Hanyou power and didn't quite make it, therefore a werewolf especially the wolf part knows that it should be so much more but can't. That is where the anger comes from."

"Ok. Is there anything else that I should know?"

"You should have something that is special to you that you can do- I'll show you." Kurama walked to the center of the room running his hand through his hair pulling out a rose. "My specialty is plants." He held out the rose and it grew into a rose bush, then went back to being a cut rose. Then Kurama threw his arm up and yelled out "ROSE WHIP!!!" and the rose elongated, lost its petals and turned into a thorny whip. "See? You will have to find out yours on your own."

"Yes, thank you." Remus turned to Koenma. "Now what?"

"Now you return and explore you new powers. Tell the children that the more they practice the stronger they will become- they will need to build up their stamina to use their spirit power. Tell Hermione to teach all of you what she knows of Martial Arts. You will be getting a proper teacher soon. I will contact Albus Dumbledore, through Sirius, about some special teachers for the second half of the school year. I also want Harry, Ron, and Hermione to be able to come to Japan for Christmas Vacation. If you have to choose three from each house. If you do that I want Draco Malfoy to be one of the ones from Slytherin."

"If there is a problem with Harry, Ron, and Hermione going by themselves get three from each house. We don't want everyone to think Albus is playing favorites."

"Yes however since the other house can't do what the Gryffindors can they will have a different experience." Koenma turned to Kurama.

"So now all you need to do..." Kurama said walking closer to Remus with a mischievous glint in his eyes, "is WAKE UP!!!!" he yelled into Remus's ear.

Remus jolted and fell off his chair. "Chair? But- I was standing." Then he looked around and saw he was in his own office. He also saw a big Grim like dog looking quizzically at him.

"Padfoot... was that a dream?"

The dog opened his mouth and barked once. Remus tripped and landed on his butt when he heard within that bark a clear "No."

"Wha..."

Sirius transformed back into a man. "So, you understand animals. I wonder if you can still transform into a full wolf?"

"Transform..?"

"Some Youkai have three forms- Human-like, Anthropomorphic, and full animal."

"Oh, so if I think wolf..." In Remus's place was a wolf, not a werewolf, just a wolf. Then he reappeared in his Youkai form.

"Your tail is showing." Sirius pointed out.

"Oh." A few seconds later his wolf appendages disappeared.

"We prove you are no longer a werewolf next month. You need to Owl the proper people."

"I won't tell them about my new abilities."

"Tell them you're a wolf animagus that is what the werewolf curse was turned into."

"What about other werewolves?"

"Don't know... this cure is well know in Asia. We'll just tell them to look up the Asian potions Masters."

Remus picked up the Vial. "There's still a drop in here."

"Then give it to Snape. I'm going to sleep. 'Night." Sirius left the room, Remus followed, stoppering the bottle and pocketing it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm using a memory of Kurama's Japanese voice here so for all you dubies you can imagine his dub voice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sign up to rate and review this story