Categories > Books > Les Miserables > Haunted

Haunted

by Phantom_Reader 1 review

No matter how far Eponine runs away, Montparnasse always manages to find her. Songfic Please R&R

Category: Les Miserables - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Romance - Warnings: [!] [?] [R] [V] - Published: 2007-03-07 - Updated: 2007-03-07 - 706 words - Complete

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't own Les Mis, or the song "Haunted."

Eponine ran down another alleyway; she didn't care where she was going as long as it was away from him. She could still remember the conversation between Montparnasse and her father that she had overheard. "I'll give you three francs," 'Parnasse had told her father to convince him to let 'Parnasse "take her home" for the night, and she knew what was coming to her. More rough kisses, more insults and an occasional beating if she ran. No matter how far she ran away, he always managed to track her down. She was sick of him acting like he loved her one minute and hated her the next, kissing her tenderly one moment and the tearing at her clothes after.


Long lost words whisper slowly, to me
Still can't find what keeps me here
When all this time I've been so hollow inside
I know you're still there


It was bad enough when she saw him on the streets in the daytime, but at night it terrified her. She always felt that when she would turn a corner, there would stand Montparnasse grinning wickedly; ready to lunge at her. Eponine sighed; he had seemed so different when they first met, so gentlemanly, and she truly felt like he loved her and she may have loved him too, but now (though she didn't admit it) she was afraid of him.


Watching me, wanting me,
I can feel you pull me down.
Fearing you, loving you,
I won't let you pull me down.


Montparnasse looked around at his surroundings. "Damn. Where has that girl gone now?" He wondered. This happened every time, Montparnasse and Eponine's father would make a deal. "Why?" He kept asking himself. He broke out of his thoughts at the sound of small footsteps running past a corner. He knew those footsteps, it had to be Eponine. "I've got you now, girl." He snarled as he began to follow her.


Hunting you, I can smell you, alive
Your heart pounding in my head


Eponine kept running even though she knew now that Montparnasse had found her. Halfway down the alley, she tripped; she looked up to see what had tripped her and gasped. She had expected it to be 'Parnasse, but it wasn't. The person who tripped her turned out to be a big man with scraggly hair, Eponine cringed; even lying on the ground, she could smell the brandy on his breath as he said, "You look like you could use a place to sleep tonight." Eponine tried to get up, but the man pinned her down. "Get away from me!" She cried. The man was just about to pull up her skirt when he heard a menacing voice behind him. "Back off, rat..." The man turned around and there stood Montparnasse; he brandished his blade and stood there; ready to fight. "What do you want?!" The man asked him. 'Parnasse gestured toward Eponine. The man laughed. "You want that whore-?" "That's MY whore and yes I do want her! Now you better back off if you want to live to see tomorrow!" The burly man glared at Montparnasse but backed down; he had heard plenty of stories about people who have had encounters with him; most of them never lived to tell the tale. Montparnasse walked over to Eponine. "Are you alright?" He asked in a soft voice. Eponine nodded; 'Parnasse grabbed her arm. "Good, because tonight you owe me double." He whispered forebodingly. Eponine sighed. "Very well..." She agreed as they went back to 'Parnasse's place for a full night of pain and lust.


Watching me, wanting me,
I can feel you pull me down
Saving me, raping me,
Watching me


Eponine woke up the next morning tired and sore. She glanced over at Montparnasse; who was still sleeping. She smiled when she remembered how he saved her the night before. She leaned over and kissed his cheek and whispered, "Thank you, 'Parnasse." When she left, he smiled in his sleep. "Just remember." He thought. "I'll always be watching you."


Watching me, wanting me,
I can feel you pull me down
Fearing you, loving you,
I won't let you pull me down
Sign up to rate and review this story