Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Escape to L.A.

Two Surprises

by Dancemandydance 12 reviews

One happy...one not so happy.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-03-11 - Updated: 2007-03-11 - 2387 words

1Exciting
-Pete's POV-

It's a couple of weeks after the video shoot and things with Kat and I are better than ever. Her band's website is getting tons of hits and their single is still holding strong. Tomorrow, our single together and our video will be released and that is what I've been bracing for the last couple of weeks. I'm excited and yet worried because I know what people are going to say - "they just did that video so they could have the world watch them make out" or "they're not really in love...they're just acting" - and nothing could be farther from the truth.

Kat lays beside me, her hand and leg sprawled across my body. I have been sleeping better, but she still sleeps more than I do. I don't mind because I just get to look at her without creeping her out. She swears it doesn't creep her out when I stare, but sometimes I think it does. Just then my cell phone rings.

"Pete, we've been nominated for a fucking Grammy. Not just a Grammy...two Grammies. Best group and best song," Joe yells over the phone.

"Are you serious?" I say, sitting up a bit in bed and causing Kat to stir. "Oh...sorry baby," I say gently, running my fingers through her hair.

"Yes I'm serious, and I'm not your baby," Joe giggles.

"What is it?" Kat mouths to me. I put my finger up as if to say "one minute" and finish my conversation with Joe.

"Uh huh...yeah. Sounds good. Awesome, I'm stoked. Okay, see you then." I hang up and put my arms around Kat. "Fall Out Boy's been nominated for two Grammies."

"Oh my God! Pete!" she squeals, putting her arms around my neck and hugging me tight. "That's amazing! I'm so happy for you, baby." She pulls away slightly and looks into my eyes. Her face comes towards mine and our lips meet - I still can't get over how soft they are. I lean into the kiss and she pulls me closer, positioning herself so she's straddling my waist. Her lips part from me again. "When is the ceremony?"

"Two months. We have to get you a dress." I run my hands along the small of her back and pull her closer.

"I get to go?" she asks innocently. I nod and she kisses my nose. "Yay! I get to be pretty!"

"You're always pretty, Katrina," I whisper in her ear before kissing it. Her hands crawl up my neck and play with my hair.

"You're silly, Wentz. And your hair is all messy."

I put my fingers in her hair and mess it up. "So is yours, pretty girl."

"Oh! It is on!" She tackles me down on the bed and starts to tickle me. I tickle her back and she cries and falls on her side, laughing hysterically. "Pete! Stop, I can't...breath! Ha ha haaaa stop it! I hate you!" I stop and crawl on top of her, hovering over her and pinning her arms to the sides of her head.

"No you don't. You love me, you want to marry me and have babies with me," I taunt. She shakes her head. "Uh huh." She smiles up at me seductively and bites her lip.

"That's what you want. I just use you for the sex."

"You do?" I gasp. I know she's just joking...or at lest I hope she is.

"Mmm hmmm. Now kiss me, Wentz."

"Yes, ma'am," I respond, leaning down and kissing her passionately before letting my whole body fall on top of her. Her hands ride up my shirt and she caresses my sides, kissing me deeply, then all of a sudden she starts to tickle me like crazy. "Oh...not fair!" I cry in between laughs. She turns me over and crawls on top of me, tickling me like mad. At last she stops and stares down at me.

"Boo and yah. That's how its done!" she laughs before getting off of me and running downstairs.

"COME HERE LITTLE MISSY," I yell, running in after her. Right when I get downstairs the doorbell rings - perfect timing.

"Hey!!!!" yells Andy. "Freakin' GRAMMY baby!" He walks in, followed closely by Trick and Joe.

"Hey guys...I thought you were coming over later."

"Oh sorry, are you and Kat having a sexy party? How come we weren't invited?" asks Joe.

"We were just about to call you and ask you to bring the whipped cream," Kat says as she walks into the hallway.

"Damn it!" jokes Joe. She goes up to him and hugs him and then hugs Trick.

"Congrats, you guys. That's really awesome. And your competition doesn't have shit on you."

"Shhh," I say, putting my finger to her lips. "Don't jinx it, Katrina!"

"OoOoOoO, sorry," she giggles.

"So the reason we came over is that Ryan Seacrest wants to come over and interview us for E! News Live this afternoon. Are you guys cool with that?" Trick asks. I look at Kat and she nods.

"Yeah, we're good with it. When's he coming?"

"Around 2ish I'm guessing." I look at the clock and its only 10 - phew.

"Good thing your place is crazy tidy, Pete," says Andy.

"Yeah, Kat won't have it any other way," I giggle, putting my arm around her. She looks up at me and smiles.

"You guys do something productive while I take a shower," she says, winking at me and bumping hips with me before walking upstairs.

-Kat's POV-

I get into the shower and lather up my hair with shampoo before washing the rest of my body. I wash my body like usual until I feel something...not normal. I feel it again - there's a lump in my breast. Maybe I'm imagining it, so I feel again - still there. I finish my shower quickly and then wrap a towel around me and call down for Pete.

"Pete, can you come up here?"

"Why?"

"I need your help. Please," I say urgently.

"Okay," he sighs. He runs up and sees the look on my face. "Kat...Katrina? What's wrong?"

"Feel my breast."

"Katrina, not now. The guys are downstairs," he giggle.

"No," I drop the towel, grab his hand, and put it on my breast. "Do you feel that?" He stares at it for a second then looks up into my eyes. His eyes are filled with fear as he nods.

"I never noticed that before. How long has that been there? Does it hurt?"

"I dunno and no...but I think I need to go to the doctor," I whimper.

"Yeah. I'll cancel Ryan Seacrest and go with you."

"No, I can go by myself. This is an important day for you. I'm sorry to ruin it." I grab my towel and put it back around my body and walk into the closet to get some clothes. He runs in after me and hugs me from behind.

"I'm going with you and I won't hear another word on it. I can have the guys do the interview. They don't need me, I'm not the only member of Fall Out Boy. I'm going with you," he says, kissing my neck and trying to sound strong, but I can hear his voice shaking.

I turn and look at him. "Peter..." I whisper.

"Katrina, it's going to be fine," he says, placing his hands on my shoulders and looking into my eyes. "We will get through this." We get dressed and I call the doctor. She can see me today at 1.

"Guys, Kat and I have to go to the doctor."

"What's wrong?" asks Patrick, visibly concerned.

"Nothing...we just need to get something checked out."

"Oh my God...are you pregnant?" Joe asks.

"No," I murmur.

"She..." he looks at me, asking for permission with his eyes. I nod and he continues, "...found a lump in her breast. We're just gonna go get it checked out. I'm sure she'll be fine. You guys do the interview with Seacrest and just tell him something came up and I'm really sorry and I'll call him later if he needs any statements from me."

"Oh my God," gasps Andy, getting up and hugging me gently. "Kat, do you want us to go with you?"

"No you guys. This is a big day for you and I'm sure this is nothing. Please don't worry about me." I look at Patrick and see that his head is down. "Patrick...I'm fine. Seriously." I walk up to him and hug him.

"I don't know..." he whispers.

"I do know. Now let's eat lunch before Pete and I have to go." They all nod and we gather around the table. We all eat lunch basically in silence. Every once in a while Pete will grab my hand and wink at me, trying to make me feel better. I think he knows how scared I am.

At around 12:30, Pete and I leave for the doctors. We get in and thankfully there is almost nobody there so we don't have to deal with autographs. Normally I don't have a problem with it but today I don't think it would sit well with me.

I've been in this room before. Before we went on the European tour I came her for my physical just to see that I was up to par and got a clean bill of health. Now it's a couple of months later and I'm here on completely different circumstances.

"Hello, Katrina," said Dr. Shepard. There seem to be a lot of Dr. Shepards, I thought to myself. "Who is this young man with you?"

"This is Pete, my boyfriend." Pete smiles and says hello.

"Nice to meet you, Pete. So you're here today because you've discovered a lump in your breast, correct?" I nod. "Okay, well first I need to take a patient history and ask you a couple of questions."

It seems like an interrogation. Question after question about my body and my health and my family. Thank God Pete and I are so close or else I would hate having him in there with me. He holds my hand the entire time and smiles whenever I look at him. After she's done asking questions, she asks Pete to leave so she can do the breast examination. He frowns and kisses my cheek before walking out.

"He's a nice boy," she says as she starts to touch my breasts.

"Yeah, I love him very much."

"That's good. Loved ones are important...oh, here it is."

"Is it bad?"

"I'm not sure. I think we should do a mammography and then if I'm not satisfied we can do a biopsy. We can do the mammography today and I'll get the results to you as soon as possible." I sigh. "What's wrong, dear?"

"It's just...it's a big day for Pete and I've completely ruined it."

"I'm sure that's not true. He obviously loves you and is very worried about you...why is it a big day?"

"His band got nominated for two Grammies this morning."

"Oh! I knew he looked familiar. Fall Out Boy, right? My daughter loves him. Congratulations."

"Thanks...yeah we're very happy."

"Well, don't worry about the lump. 80% of all lumps are benign so the chances of this being harmful are slim to none."

"Good," I sigh as I put my shirt back on. I walk out and hug Pete.

"We're going to send you to a test center to do a mammography today," she told Pete. His eyes got wide and his grip on my hand tightened. "Don't worry...it's pretty standard. I just want to check and make sure things are okay. I just told Kat that only 20% of all lumps are cancerous so please don't fret. Oh, and congratulations on the Grammies."

"Oh...really? God. Thank you and...thank you. How did you know?"

"I told her," I said sweetly as I smiled up at him.

"It was good to see you Kat. I'll get those results to you a.s.a.p."

Pete and I drove to the testing center and sat for what seemed like hours before I finally got called back to do my mammography. God, it hurt like a bitch. I was so happy when it was done and yet so drained that by the time we got back to the house I just wanted to sleep. I got into my PJs and crawled up on the couch with a blanket. The guys had gone and had done the interview at Patrick's place since Pete wasn't doing the interview, but when Pete we got home they came back over soon after. I could hear the guys talking as they walked back into the kitchen.

-Pete's POV-

"She's sleeping, you guys. She's just really zonked out. She's fine, though. Only 20% of all lumps are cancerous."

"Oh, thank God. Will she have to have it removed though?" asks Patrick.

"I don't know."

"I hope she'll be okay."

"How did the interview go?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

"Really good. We didn't say anything about Kat. We just said you had an emergency you needed to attend to. Ryan was a little worried but he said he'll call you later," assured Andy.

"Okay. Thanks guys, I'm really sorry," I say, putting my face in my hands. "Its just been a crazy day." I think the guys can see I'm visibly getting tired because Patrick suggests that they come back tomorrow. I show them to the door and then walk over to Kat.

"Katrina?" I whisper, kneeling beside her. "Want me to carry you upstairs and we can go to sleep?" She nods and smiles and extends her arms out. I pick her up and carry her upstairs, place her in the bed, and get in with her. I cuddle up to her gingerly because I'm so scared I'll hurt her.

"You can't hurt me, Pete," she whispers, pulling me close. "The fact that it doesn't hurt is a good sign. I'm fine, baby." I smile and kiss her lips softly, yet passionately.

"Goodnight, angel."

"Goodnight, devil," she grins before closing her eyes and drifting to sleep.

_____________________________________________________________________

Reviews would be lovely and result in more writing from your's truly so DO IT!
Sign up to rate and review this story