Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Subject to Change

In Desperate Need

by DeadEnd 3 reviews

Of a phone number Of a way to make him never leave. Of a way to make her come with me.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-03-15 - Updated: 2007-03-15 - 1447 words

0Unrated
The man dressed neater than any other man in the club, needed a drink. He'd come to find a band, only to learn that the band was leaving and he was late. His boss would probably throw girly fits, crying "YOU LOST MY BAND" rather than "YOU LOST MY MOST FAVORITE SOCK"
Giving up, though, was only a very, very last resort. Instead of walking back out to his car, he ordered his much needed beer, and tried to pry information about these boys out of the bartender.
"Do you know the band that just played"
In a sarcastic tone, the sweaty man replied "Unfortunatly. I've known them most of my life."
"Do you know where any of them live, a phone number maybe"
"eh..I know the bassist. He lived in the apartment complex a few blocks down. The rest of them don't live far from him though."
"Do you know his name"
"Pete Wentz"
"Thank You"
His insides screamed with joy. Not only had he been able to find the band, he would now be able to keep his career. Hum Hallelujah.
Leaving the beer behind, he jumped into his car and drove to the apartments. Upon arrival, he asked the front office for Mr. Pete Wentz's room number, which he received.
He embarked on his journey...up a flight of stairs, to apartment 162.



After the show Pete dropped off Joe, Patrick, and Andy at their houses. They were all tired, and much too worn out to go back to Pete's smelly apartment. He offered to let Kate come over for a while, to which she replied "yes" very happily.
"Sorry it smells"
"pfft. Its no worse than you."
"Cold.
'I am evil"
"Sarcastic"
"Proudly"
All that and the most beautiful organism that ever lived.
"Too bad I'm worse."
"HA hardly. Pete you couldn't even compete"
Except for in a contest between every guy I've ever felt this way about. You'd win by default.
After the short conversation, in which neither one of them told what they were thinking, Kate asked to watch a movie, but Pete only wanted to talk.
"About...."
"Anything, I love hearing your voice"
She only blinked at him.
"You guys played a great show tonight"
"Thanks"
"Pete..."
"Hmm"
"Please...don't let what I'm about to do ruin everything."
Pete was stunned. Kate moved close to him, closing any gap there was, and kissed him.
She kissed him like it was her first kiss
She kissed him like it was her last.
She put her heart on a tight rope, this could be disasterous.
He smiled as she pulled away.
"how could that ever ruin anything"
"it could ruin our friendship"
It could also break my heart, because I'd never hold you back from your dreams.
"Never. I would never let that happen. I was wondering why you been kind of..evasive today. You seemed fine with it this morning though."
" well I thought about it... I wasnt sure I wanted this with you?"
"Do you"
"What do you think"
"I think yes"
Pete pressed himself against her, kissing her more passionately than before, and wrapping his arms around her small waist. After several minutes of kissing, each moment bringing more and more lust to the couple, Kate began fiddling with the hem of his shirt, then as he lifted his arms, he assisted her in its removal. Letting her fingers glide up and down his beautiful body, she led him over to the bed, and he laid down on top of her, his hands roaming her still fully clothed body.
A frantic knock ruined the moment with pinpoint accuracy.
Just my luck, to ruin my other luck before I even had it.
"Who are you and what is so fucking.."
"They call me Rob, I'm with Fueled by Ramen..my boss would love to get an interview with you guys. He's interested in signing the band.
Pete jumped up and down, giddy and care free like a child of about 2.
Kate, at first, was so happy for him that she let out an involuntary squeel, that greatly contridicted her usual indifference, like this she remaind, until Pete stopped screaming and agreed to meet with them the next day. Rob then left them, obviously satisfied with his handywork, and Kate was almost immediatly filled with a sort of dread that fit her exactly.
Selfishness.
She finally got to where she wanted to be with Pete, just as his career took off, like it certainly would. Pete did have and air about him, it could either seduce any woman, or make a room lively with conversation, go cold just upon his entry of it. This would most definetly take him where his dreams did at night. California. Away from her.Away from this town.
"I..I..I'm so happy for you Pete, but I better go"
"Wha..Why?"
"I'm a little tired, call the guys, wake them up, get yelled at, then tell them. I'll see you tomorrow,hmm, I'll even throw you a party."
"yay..party..will you be my cake"
"only if i get drunk enough"
"but you dont drink"
"exactly"
He pouted.
"Haha, well, maybe...depends on where the night takes us I guess."
He lived at the thought of that. Kate was a showstopper.
"I love you Kate"
"I love you too Pete"
With this they kissed, and she left. Stopping just outside the door and for the first time, lowering her head...
"please god...dont take him away from me"

The next day, she awoke to a feirce pounding on her door.
"ugh..10:00..what could they possibly want"
She threw back the covers and tried to firmly plant her feet on the ground, failing only because they were wobbly from sleeping.
"wha..Pete?...10:00, ON SATURDAY"
"we got signed" Joe screamed
"YOU WHAT?!"
Her door flew open.
"Party?"
"At 10:00.."
"mhm..you can be there early"
"whatever..let me cloth myself"
She sleepily walked to her closet, pulling out a pair of ripped jeans, old, old vans, and a baby tee, Today, The Misfits covered her upper half.
"ready"
"nice shirt"
"thanks andy"
She smiled more brightly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night/day they partied hard. Joe got so drunk he started acting like a cowboy, demanding cereal and chocolate milk.
"Dude..heres my horsey..Ride it Kate."
"Ew Joe..Really Ew..let Pete"
"i only ride girl horses...named Kate"
She smiled at him, and let him out of his musty apartment, into the chilly night air of Chicago.
"my place" she whispered in his ear sending shivers down his spine. He obediantly followed.
The two entered her apartment, and in a flurry of passionate kisses and shed clothes, they ended up tangled together, in the mess of her sheets.
"I love you so much Pete"
"I love you even more than that..I.I have to tell you something"
"what" she asked, still in a daze, the past few hours were amazing.
" We're supposed to leave in 2 weeks"
"why"
"touring"
"so soon"
"yea, they wanna start early, so that our first album will be anticipated"
"ok"
In the darkness of her room, she cried, hoping..despretly hoping, that Pete couldn't hear.He didn't until he felt a slimy wet tear on his shoulder where she lay her head.
"are you crying"
sniff"no"
She got out of bed, covering herself with a sheet as she slipped back into her clothing, which was laying in heaps scattered around the room.
"Don't..Is this about touring..I want you to come with me..please..we'll be gone for the rest of your break..I'm even dropping out of school to go."
"PETE!"
"This is my dream Kate..I have to"
"Well..I can't give up school."
" I can't give up my dream"
"but you can give up me"
"...no"
"apparently..you are"
With this, she grabbed her jacket and slipped it on...she turned the knob on the door and ran. Pete was in her room, laying where she had left him..or rather..where she left their past. In two weeks he would leave...In 3 months she would restart without Pete. The cold wind hit her face, almost instantly freezing the tears than were now falling in streams, along with eyeliner, down her cheeks. She pulled her hood over her head, and wrapped her arms (instead of Pete's) around her.
No keys.
No happiness.
No idea.
The darkness that can only come with the depression she felt, enveloped her. The only comfort she had were the starts, the moon was so big, so full, but...why did she feel so empty. Maybe because she'd just lost everything she'd loved...yea..maybe.
Sign up to rate and review this story