Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Miss You More Than I Did Yesterday

Aftermath of the Kiss...

by The_Used 5 reviews

...no summary cuz summaries are for squares...I think...?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-03-15 - Updated: 2007-03-16 - 1083 words

1Exciting
I couldn't help it.

I got out of that car as fast as I could.

Gerard kept on teasing me and stuff, and it was just making me more and more confused. Afterall, I didn't know what I felt about anything right then.

I stopped on my front porch, gave a final wave to Gerard, and went inside my house.

Trotting up the stairs, I fled to the security of my room, and flung myself on my bed. Taking a few deep breaths, I tried to think logically. Well, one thing was obvious. Mikey wasn't feeling too good about this whole thing.

My stomach growled, and I padded downstairs to scrunge up some form of dinner.



*
About an hour later, I picked up the phone in my room, and slowly dialed Mikey's number.

"Hello, this is Donna Way speaking," came the cheery voice of Mrs. Way from the receiver.

"Hi, Mrs. Way," I said politely in return. "May I please speak to Mikey?"

"Sure, let me get him, he's in his room." I heard the phone being placed down, and then dimly Mrs. Way calling Mikey's name.

A few moments later, Mrs. Way's voice returned, but it sounded slightly worried.

"Um, Leila? Sorry, dear, but it seems that Mikey...isn't in his room after all. I'll tell him you called." Click.

This absolutely sucked.



It was a typical Monday, except for the fact that Mikey, my best friend in the whole wide world, didn't talk to me at all.
Slowly, I collected my things from my locker, carelessly dropping them into my army surplus bag. This was terrible. Mikey wasn't talking to me. He was acting like I was dead. And I hated it. My other friends, Amanda and J.B., kept on asking me what was wrong, and that was starting to annoy me too.

The next moment, I was forcibly pulled from my thoughts as a paper was thrust into my face.

"Look!" Gerard crowed. "I got a B!" He pointed excitedly to the red B on the paper. "And now I passed his class, and my parents will buy me this awesome pen set for my cartoons."

And suddenly, it clicked why, all of a sudden, Gerard was interested in actually getting a passing grade in anything other than art.

Gerard stopped talking and stared at me.

"What's wrong?" he said slowly, watching me with those lovely brown eyes.

"Nothing," I muttered, looking away.

"You're lying." Gerard stared at me, as if he actually wanted to hear about my problems. My heart gave a swollen throb, but that was it. Whoa, usually my heart was racing near Gerard. Did this mean I didn't like Gerard any more?

I took a sigh and stuffed that thought into a far corner of my mind.

"It's nothing," I said finally, giving Gerard a wane smile. "Nothing at all."

Gerard frowned at me. "Okay." And with a final worried look, he began to walk away. He stopped, though, and turned around. "Sorry about teasing you about Mikey the other day," he said quietly, before slipping off. I shook my head, slammed my locker door shut, and headed off, thinking.

This was all so weird.

Gerard was worried if I was alright, but he had always kind of treated me like a sister or something when no one was watching. So there was an explanation for that. But there wasn't an explanation for the lack of feeling in my heart when Gerard had been standing there and talking to me.

And Mikey...there was just a million crappy little problems with that situation. I mean, I still wasn't sure if I had a crush on him or anything, but he wasn't acknowledging me and he wasn't talking to me or anything. I felt like I was completely disconnected to something I had previously enjoyed.

I gave a big sigh, and made up my mind just as Amanda and J.B. waved at me from across the street, asking me to join them.


"So..." Amanda said slowly, shaggy brown hair falling into her face like every other day. "What is up between you and Mikey?"
I stared at her, but she just shrugged.

"Look, it's obvious something's up when you and Mikey don't talk to each other in math class," J.B. said pointedly. I sighed, slumping forward, but continued walking.

"I don't really know," I said slowly. "Well, yeah, I sort of do, but still...it's confusing."

J.B. nodded sagely, and Amanda watched me through a fringe of hair.

"If I tell you though, you can't tell anybody," I added, knowing that they wanted me to tell them the story. They both nodded.

"Alright, well, on Saturday, me and Mikey were at the park," I started slowly. "And we were looking at the sky or something and he leaned in to kiss me."

J.B. and Amanda exchanged looks. "We figured he had liked you for a while now," J.B. admitted.

"Why didn't you tell me you thought that?!" I said angrily. "Some sort of warning would've been nice!"

"We weren't sure," Amanda said hurriedly. "Some days it seemed like he did, some days it didn't."

I glared at them both before crossing my arms and continuing. "Well, he never kissed me, cause Gerard showed up and wanted to know if I wanted to go to the library to work on his paper. And I tried calling Mikey later, and he didn't want to talk to me. And I don't know why, but it's really starting to piss me off." I said this last part half angry, half sad, and it sounded weird to me.

There was a quiet moment, and then Amanda spoke.

"Male pride," Amanda said matter of factly, shaking the bangs out of her eyes, even though the action did very little to actually move her hair. "My brothers do stuff like that all the time. He's insulted that you didn't kiss him or something, probably."

"Well, I don't know if I even want to kiss Mikey," I admitted miserably.

J.B. rose an eyebrow. "You don't know? Do you like him?"

"Yes...no, maybe. I don't know anything right now," I said, and I couldn't help it, I was just so frustrated and stuff that my eyes started to water and I felt my lower lip wobble a few times.

Amanda and J.B. leaned towards me and hugged me, and for once, I didn't stiffen under their touch.
Sign up to rate and review this story