Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Ache

Ache

by Charis 0 reviews

Anko, in the time between, with only her demons. Drabblet. [Spoilers for the Chuunin arc.]

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Anko, Orochimaru - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-03-17 - Updated: 2007-03-17 - 286 words - Complete

2Insightful
Ache
by Charis

/Disclaimer: /Naruto is not mine.
Notes: La needed to be distracted from grad school. This is what she gets for "making" me watch this show.


Her fingers close over her shoulder where, just beneath the high collar of her jacket, the curse seal still throbs. Special jounin, his words mocked her. Special jounin, and yet she couldn't even touch him - couldn't do more than be fooled by his doubles and then collapse in pain, barely able to even hear what he'd said.

Still upset that I threw you away? His words mocked her then, mock her still, echoing in her mind. They might have once been true, when she was still young and naïve and looked up to the legendary sannin who'd taken her in as his sole apprentice. She's upset now, but no longer because of that. Instead she's furious, frustrated, hating the weakness which made her unable to stand against him. Legendary sannin he might be, but they're only human. And yet, she could see no weakness when she'd fought him, no openings beyond the ones he'd let her find.

She digs blunt nails into the seal, not sure if she wants to rip it from her skin or - something else. It's power, and she knows that, but even more forbidden than those jutsus he taught her a lifetime ago, and who knows what he laced into it besides power? If it was enough to destroy him, she'd embrace it, but she's certain now it's no answer. Mitarashi Anko is no longer a fool.

Another wave of pain takes her and she doubles over in the chair, clutching her shoulder, breathing shallowly. It's nothing to the pain of helplessness.

- finis -
Sign up to rate and review this story