Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > I Still

A Thousand Miles

by jade_kwl_name_eva 3 reviews

The next chapter. A month after the first one.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-03-17 - Updated: 2007-03-17 - 1181 words

0Unrated
I have to agree with y'all that the first chapter was not complete and so decided to keep writing. I was listening to this song and thought that maybe it would go with this story. I already have a song for the next chapter, which might be the last one. Not sure yet. Anyway, on with the story!

****************

Making my way downtown
Walking fast
Faces pass
And I'm home bound


Jay walked through the crowded streets. He had the slip of paper in his hands with her street and home address. 'Please let her be home.' He thought as he turned a corner. It had taken him a month to come to the decision of finding her and no one stopped him. He told Stacy that he was going to be visiting an old friend and wouldn't be back for at least three days.

Staring blankly ahead
Just making my way
Making a way
Through the crowd


He finally made it out of the busy street and into her street. He looked at the piece of paper at her house number and walked down the road. It was a nice neighbourhood, one he knew Theresa would live in one day.

And I need you
And I miss you
And now I wonder....


He had made it. He was outside her house. All he had to do was walk up to her front door and ring the bell. Jay tried to move his legs, but they wouldn't respond. He was worried that maybe there was a reason that they had lost contact and that it was better that way. 'But I need her. I missed her. Am I going to just give up?' he thought.

If I could fall
Into the sky
Do you think time
Would pass me by
'Cause you know I'd walk
A thousand miles
If I could
Just see you
Tonight


Jay took in a deep breath and walked up to her door, He pressed the doorbell. He heard it ring and the sound of a dog barking. Then he heard someone speaking and the lock turn. The door swung open to reveal tall, beautiful strawberry-blonde haired women. Jay's jaw dropped, it was still the same Theresa he had known all those years ago. "J-Jay?!" Theresa stuttered.

It's always times like these
When I think of you
And I wonder
If you ever
Think of me


"Hi Theresa." He said. Theresa just starred up at him, not believing this. Just then a little girl comes up behind Theresa, clinging to her legs. The little girl looks up at Jay. "Mommy, who's this?" she asked. Theresa looked down at her daughter. "An old friend. Would you like to come in Jay?" She asked. He nodded and followed her to her living room.

'Cause everything's so wrong
And I don't belong
Living in your
Precious memories


"What are you doing here?" She asked. Jay looked around the room. "Nice place." He said. Theresa rolled her eyes. "Stop avoiding the question." Jay looked at her now. "We lost contact along time ago. I want to know why."

'Cause I need you
And I miss you
And now I wonder....


Theresa sighed. "I met someone else Jay. He's my husband now. I didn't know if I still loved you. Please, you are making this harder for me by just being here. That's why I lost all connections with you. I'm sorry Jay; I didn't mean to hurt you." She said. Jay sighed; he was expecting an answer like that after he saw her daughter. "I have a wife and child. I didn't want to come find you, but I had to know that you were all right. Terri, I still care about you."

If I could fall
Into the sky
Do you think time
Would pass me by
'Cause you know I'd walk
A thousand miles
If I could
Just see you
Tonight


Theresa's eyes filled up with tears. No man could replace Jay in her heart, but they just weren't meant to be. That was all. "Jay, can we maybe talk about this tomorrow? I've had a rough day and I have to go see what Atlanta is doing in her room." She said. Jay smiled. "You named her after Atlanta?" He said. Theresa nodded.

And I, I
Don't want to let you know
I, I
Drown in your memory
I, I
Don't want to let this go
I, I
Don't....


Jay sighed and made his way back to the front door. "Tomorrow morning at the Hilton Hotel?" He said. Theresa nodded and closed the door. Jay looked at the ground as he walked back to his hotel. 'I still love her, there's no doubt about that. But I have to learn to let her go.' He thought.

Making my way downtown
Walking fast
Faces pass
And I'm home bound


Jay kept walking, passed his hotel. He didn't know where he was walking to. He just kept going on until he made it in front of a building that looked familiar to him. 'Duh Jay, Theresa lives in New Olympia.' He thought and walked up to the Brownstone's front door. He tried the knob, and the door swung open much to his surprise.

Staring blankly ahead
Just making my way
Making a way
Through the crowd


Jay looked around; the place was dusty and dirty. It looked like an abandoned apartment, which it was. He made his way up the stairs and to his old room. He looked around, it was empty but something caught his eye.

And I still need you
And I still miss you
And now I wonder....


Jay walked over to the bed and picked up a necklace. He dusted off the dust and saw the letter 'T' on it. It was Theresa's. 'She must've left it here.' He thought and pocketed it. He took one last look around the room and left.

If I could fall
Into the sky
Do you think time
Would pass us by
'Cause you know I'd walk
A thousand miles
If I could
Just see you...


Jay left the Brownstone and headed back to his hotel. 'I have to stop this, we're both married and have kids. But, I need to talk to her.' He thought and looked at the necklace again. 'But I miss her and I need her.' He thought again. A war started in his head and finally he came up with a decision.

If I could fall
Into the sky
Do you think time
Would pass me by
'Cause you know I'd walk
A thousand miles
If I could
Just see you
If I could
Just hold you
Tonight


He was going to give up Theresa.

****************

Song is 'A Thousand Miles' by Vannesa Carlton. On my profile I have a playlist with most of my favourite songs and its on it, so go listen to it! Or watch the movie 'White Chicks', its so funny! Review and maybe the next chapter of 'Mini Titans' will be up. Or 'Odie's Crush' or 'Friends are 2 good + 2 be = 4gotten'. :D
Sign up to rate and review this story