Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Is Saving You Worth The Pain?

Chapter 2 - Evening Out With Friends

by Cucumber 3 reviews

Christine Sommers

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2007-03-19 - Updated: 2007-03-19 - 997 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2 - Evening Out With Friends
Christine Sommers

When finally someone my age moved into the neighborhood I was thrilled. I had hoped that there would be a married couple, so when I found out that is was a tattooed bachelor who was in a band I was a little disappointed. But since I hardly knew any males my age, I decided to get to know him. Maybe I could set him up with some of my seriously desperate girlfriends - if any of them were into the whole tattooed rocker thing.

I invited him to lunch, but things didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped. I needed a new tactic, I think he got the wrong idea behind this lunch - I have no intentions of getting into his pants. Guys like him don't appeal to me, but somehow I always found myself staring in the direction of his house trying to get a glimpse of him and I was constantly reminding myself that I was married.

Since Daniel was going to be away for the weekend I invited two of my friends to come over. Just for a quiet dinner and then gossip while we drank some wine and listened to some old classics. In my bunch of friends only one was single. She never hung out with the right men and therefore she was still untied.

My friends arrived one by one that Friday afternoon. Lisa, my housekeeper and personal servant, had arranged cocktails for us. We sat down in my living room and started talking.

"I see that someone has moved in next door."

"Yeah, it's a bachelor."

"A single guy moved into your street? Is he gay or a perv?"

"I don't know, but I don't think so. He's in a band."

"Pervy gay guys can be in a band Christine!"

"I know, I just don't think he's one of them."

"What band is he in?"

"Something called Fall Out Boy."

Amanda gasped and Lily looked thrilled.

"My kid adores them!"

"I love them! You got a celebrity in your street Christine!"

"Oh shut it Lily. It's no big deal."

"Which one of them is it?"

"What do you mean, which one?"

"There are four guys in that band, which one of those four is it?"

"Peter Wentz."

Lily let out a little scream before drowning the contents of her glass.

"He's so HOT!"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Geez, Christine! Just because you're married it doesn't mean you can't look at other men!"

"I don't want to look at other men Amanda."

I managed to divert the conversation from my sexy neighbor to food. When Lisa called us in for dinner we were terribly hungry and hardly spoke during dinner.

"Is there any chance we might see that new neighbor of yours?"

"Lily! If you're lucky I'd say."

"Can we go and knock on his door?"

"Girls, he's just a guy!"

"I know, but he's a very hot guy."

I shock my head at them and stood up from the table. The girls followed me out to the porch where we sat down and drank our drinks, enjoying the still evening. We were in the middle of a conversation about our love lives when loud music started playing next door. We all looked at each other bewildered. This was not cool. I put my glass away and stood up.

"I'm going to tell him to turn that off."

"Can we join you?"

The girls had stood up as well. I just nodded and they followed me over his house. I angrily knocked on his door; I have a very low tolerance towards loudness like this. The door opened and a guy I had never seen before appeared.

"Hello ladies! Are you joining us?"

"No, I need to talk to Peter."

"Oh, okay. Hang on."

He disappeared into the house and Lily squealed behind me. I looked at her.

"That was Joe!"

"Joe who?"

"Christine! What's up?"

I heard Lily gasped behind me.

"Can you turn down the music?"

He leaned against the door.

"Why should I?"

"Because it's really loud."

"Or what?"

"I'll call the cops."

He just grinned and looked at the girls beside me, choosing to ignore me.

"Hello girls, I'm Pete."

Lily pushed herself forward, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Hey, I'm single, I mean Lily!"

She smiled wide and shook his hand.

"So, are you going to turn down the music?"

"I'll see what I can do. Sorry girls, but a party is calling my name."

He winked at us before closing the door.

"He's so hot! Get me on a date with him!"

I started to walk towards my house, the girls following me closely.

"Why do you want to date that?"

"Christine, he's famous!"

"And that's the only reason?"

"Duh!"

Me and Amanda exchanged looks and shook our heads. Sometimes we thought that Lily was only 15 years old, not the 25 year old one she claimed to be.

"We could double."

"We could what?"

"Double! You know, double date - you and Daniel and me and Pete!"

"No way!"

We sat down in my living room.

"Why not? You always say that I need to get married."

"Because it'll never work out."

"Why not? Because you want him?"

"I don't want him."

A grin spread over Lily's face.

"Oh you do! You have a crush on him!"

"I do not have a crush on him; I'm married for god's sake!"

Amanda and Lily looked at each other.

"Denial, most definitely."

I just shock my head at the two of them. I had no need to be crushing on my next door neighbor - I'm happily married to the love of my life, to the guy women would kill to spend time alone with. He was just barely home, although that's a lame excuse for an affair. Happily married women don't have love affairs.

"So, are you going to set me up with him?"

"I'll think about it, okay?"

She squealed. "Sure!"
Sign up to rate and review this story