Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Drowning Lessons

Looking through watering eyes

by lornabee19 6 reviews

next!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro, Other - Published: 2007-03-19 - Updated: 2007-03-20 - 1809 words

1Exciting
Well... this is probs the longest chapter yet.... I have much more in store though. This is just the beginning! laughs evilly

Anyway I hope you all enjoy.!

And REVIEW please.
Xxx
Xxx

*****


Brian had been away from the bus for just over an our and a half when he finally dragged himself back up the high steps of the coach.

He looked around at everyone. Bob was now conscious although already showing the sings of a pretty nasty hangover. They had all changed out of their costumes and makeup and were sitting watching TV... including Toni. They all sat there just staring at him. No one really completely sure of what to say or do.

Toni decided that she should be the one to break the awkward silence, it seemed like even the TV had quieted down, waiting in anticipation of the upcoming conversation.

' I wanted to say that I'm really sor...'

'Save it!, I don't wanna hear it.' Brian shot back. Surprising the rest of the band and most importantly Toni.

'But... I think we need to talk about what hap...'

' I don't NEED to talk to YOU about anything. I think we both know that whenever we talk it always turns into an argument.'

Brian was starting to get angry at his niece now... somewhere deep down inside of him he really did want to talk things over with her. But her was sticking to the plans that he had promised with himself earlier.

'But...'

'No buts Antonia! I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU!'

Toni had tensed up when he had used her full name. Mikey noticed this and gave her hand a light squeeze to bring her back into the real world.

Brian was pacing the small length of the seating area. He ran a hand through his short brown hair and stopped and turned to face Toni.

' In fact y'know what?... I do want to talk to you there's something that I need you to know.' His words were deceivingly soft.

Toni's eyes shone momentarily with hope but were then shattered by what her uncle was next to say.

' We're going home tomorrow. I'm enrolling you in school and then as soon... as soon as you graduate...'

He took a deep breath.

' ...As soon as you graduate your outta here.. You're on your own!'

'But...' Toni was completely speechless.

'Like I said, no buts. You said it your self you're an adult. So after you graduate I WANT YOU GONE. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?'

'Hey there's no need to talk to her like that Brian!' Gerard said in her defence while standing up.

'This is NONE of your business Way!' Brian retorted.

Bob was the next one to stand up in Toni's defence.

' It is our business you're our friend and Toni is like our kid sister... No one talks to her like that... Not even her uncle!!'

That was probably the most that Toni had heard Bob say since she met him.

He had advanced on Toni and Mikey had slightly moved forward protectively. There was a deadly silence for a while. Just a few seconds though it seemed much longer to all eight people on the bus.

'Fine.'

Was all that came form Toni's small, defeated form.

'WHAT?' Brian said, his vice lowered a little but still as fierce.

' I said FINE!!' She shouted back, standing up.

Brian just gave a small laugh and walked to the kitchen area to get some water.

During this little episode all band members were now standing, including Jamia. Toni walked up to Frank.

'I'm really sorry for ruining your birthday Frank.' She said sadly not looking him in the eye.

'It was your birthday too.' He replied softly trying to cheer her up.

' Yeah but I ruined it for you.'

'Nah you didn't... if anything you made it more exciting.'

She giggled a bit a this and hugged him tight.

' Thanks you guys. I love you... G'night.' Said to all of them and made her way to her bunk. But not before looking back disappointedly at her uncle. She knew it was only a matter of time.

She made sure to pack her things up that night, she remembered what Brian had said about them leaving the next day. She really didn't want to leave. It felt like the only friends that she had in the world were on this very bus. Well except for Joey of course.. But he was back home. Brain was taking her to his place in New York... and that wasn't home!

Once she was packed and as comfortable as you can get in these bunks, she pulled out her cell. There was a missed text from Donnie. She was a little apprehensive about reading it.

'What the hell.' She thought and pressed 'Open' in her keypad.

'HEY. WOT HAPND EARLIER?
UR UNCLE LUKD RELI PISSED OFF
I HOPE I DIDN'T GET U IN TROUBLE
.... AND ABOUT THE KISS....
I'M RELI SOZ... BUT I DON'T REGRET IT
...DO U? ANYWAY I HOPE UR OKAY!
X X X D X X X'

Well at least he wasn't mad at her for what happened. She reread the message a couple of times before deciding to reply. She wasn't too sure how she was going word this. She had to tell him she was leaving tomorrow and what about the kiss? He said he didn't regret it... but what did that really mean? She had to admit to him that she had been falling hard for the past few weeks. Falling for him.


HEY. I'M SOZ BOUT MY UNCLE
HE WAS BEING A DICK!
AND ABOUT THAT KISS
... I RELI DON'T REGRET IT EITHER.
CAN U MEET ME @ THE BACK
OF THE BUSSES IN 10 MIN?
I RELI NEED 2 TELL U SUMFIN!
XXTONIXX



'Send' Toni said silently to herself. She needed to say goodbye to Donnie in person. Not by text. Everyone had already gone to bed. And Toni just hoped to god that she wouldn't wake any of them by sneaking out. But she would only be gone for a few minutes. So she saw no harm in it.

A few second later her cell vibrated on the sheets next to her. Once more she pressed the 'open' button and read Donnie's reply.

SURE HUNI, I'LL B THERE.
XXX D XXX




She could feel the little butterflies starting up their little aerobatics in her stomach. It wasn't going to be an easy conversation between her and Donnie.

She crawled out of her bunk and silently slipped on some shoes before slipping out the bus altogether. She walked to the back of the bus in the hotel car park. There were several other busses there too.

She felt a hand on her shoulder, slightly startled she whipped around only to be met with Donnie's navy eyes.

'Hey' He said almost in a whisper.

'Hey' Was her reply.

'What was it you needed to tell me... are you okay?' There was genuine concern in his voice and eyes.

'Um... well... not really.' She moved forward slightly and Donnie took her hands in his.

'You can tell me.' His voice was soft and comforting.

'Well.. M...my uncle and I got into another fight. He's making us leave tomorrow.' She said closing her eyes at the last part.

When she finally opened her eyes, they came into contact with Donnie's... filled with sadness and shock. She wasn't really expecting that.

'W...what?... But I... I thought you had another two weeks.' He chocked out.

'I know... but my uncle.... He just got really mad.'

'Okay... well in that case... there's something I really need to tell you.' Donnie's voice was a little more urgent now.

'Oh god' thought Toni.... 'He's going to tell me that he really DID regret that kiss.'

But he didn't say anything... he simply leaned closer. Taking Toni by total surprise when he presses his lips firmly against hers.

She just stood there. Just as he was about to give up Toni snapped out of it and kissed back moving her lips lightly against his. She could feel him smile against her lips. She put her hands around his neck and he put is hands on her waist deepening the kiss.

After a few minutes the both pulled away slightly out of breath.

'Wow' Was all Toni could manage.

'I've wanted to tell you that since the first week we met.' Donnie chuckled.

' I know what you mean... but ... why didn't you do or say anything before tonight?' Toni questioned.

' I guess ... I thought you wouldn't feel the same about me.'

'Well I do.' She bit her lip and looked down.

He put and hand under her chin to make her look up and pulled her close to him. It was just a simple hug... but it felt great and she felt safe. The way she saw it there were different types of safe. Like the safeness she felt when she was with Mikey... that was like big brother safe... the same for the rest of the guys. But with Donnie it was different... she didn't know who.. She just knew it was.

She looked up once more to meet his eyes.

'Will this work?' She questioned him.

'What you mean... us?'

'Yeah I mean I've never done the whole long distance thing before.'

'Well could we at least give it a try? He questioned her.

'Yeah... I thing we could.' She said happily.

'Great!' Donnie replied kissing her once more before she disappeared round the side of the bus. He watched her through watering eyes as she climbed back on to the bus.

*********
Next morning

********

It was early... too early for Toni. Brain had gotten her up early so that they wouldn't get into NY too late. They were going to drive.. Not something either of them were too keen on.

They were going back to Brian's apartment in the city and she was going to be enrolled in St Nobles High. She really wasn't looking forward to even though she only had endure six week until graduation... it was six weekS too many for her.

On the bright side ... they were only a few blocks away from where Mikey and Alicia lived. So it would only be another week till she could meet up with them. And Alicia had already told Mikey she was welcome anytime... she was definitely going to take up that offer.

It was a teary goodbye to the guys even though it would be less that a week that she would see them again.

Brain got in the driver's seat. Toni took the hint and climbed into the passenger's seat. It was official. She was off to start another life of hell.

PERFECT!

***********

OKAY GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINK?? SHOULD I CONTINUE??

REVIEW PLEASE!!!!!

XXXX
Sign up to rate and review this story