Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Down the road, not across the street

These words are all I have so I'll write them

by grandtheftautumn 7 reviews

And I believe this may call for a proper introduction. -- This is my first fic. Hope you enjoy it & please review. XD Believable, but not far fetched. Personally I hope to make this a more matur...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Crossover, Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-03-19 - Updated: 2007-03-19 - 1185 words

0Unrated
I totally forgot to put one of these in!! HAHAHA

Disclaimer: I don't not or have ever claimed to own Panic! at the Disco and Fall Out Boy. I do not know them personally and have never really met them per say. I only own Amara. THE END =]

Author's Note: Long time reader. First time writer. Thought I'd take a shot. Reviews are welcome but I'll still write if only one person reviews. Be nice XD.

Chapter One:

Another day at uni, another day wasted trying to find myself. What are you doing at uni girl? I thought to myself. Coming out of high school you thought this is what you want but is it. Sure you have an interest but you know that isn't you passion. You love your art and music. What are you doing promotions for?

Other POV

I noticed Amara was distracted during out lunch together. "AJ? Hello, earth to Amara? HEY!!" I called out bringing her back to reality. "What? Sorry Ry, I kinda spaced out."

"Yea you don't say" I said sarcastically. She grinned at me and continued with her pizza.


Original POV

George Ryan Ross III. I've known him for as long as I can remember. But to me he's just Ry. He knows what he wants from his life, and he's had a complicated one. That's what I admire about him. My home life has been relatively comfy compared to his, but I've had my share of problems. Relationship problems to be precise. Maybe I attracted the drama or just created it myself, I'm not sure what to think. Despite this Ryan has carried me through them all and although we haven't experienced the same trials we've been able to help each other get through them. Even if we didn't experience the other's grief there was this mutual understanding and lateral thinking between us.
The last few years I went through several hard relationships. Ryan stood by me through all of them. When it got difficult he'd be my shoulder to cry on. We'd sit in his room and I'd sketch in my diary. When he had trouble at home he'd escape at my house and lay on my bed while he 'd scribble in his journal. We'd sing along to Green Day, Yellowcard, My Chemical Romance, you name it.

"So Ry what's new? How's the band going?" I asked my best friend.

"Yea, we've been practicing heaps lately and recording demos. I have some ideas but I dunno..." He replied in his usual shy tone. I know the boy has his shy moments but that's what I love about him.

I continued to pry. "Like what? Come on; don't hold out on me you know we're not like that."

He looks up at me and smirks. "Yea I know AJ. Well, I derno I've been thinking of getting our band out there. Maybe post it on Pete Wentz's livejournal or something, something."

"Oh like PureVolume and myspace and that. Ohmigosh Ryan that is an AWESOME idea you should do it!! I am so proud of you! You know what you want out of life and you're going for it. I envy you buddy" I said as gazing intently into his honey-brown eyes.

Ryan looking at her with a confused expression says, "What are you on about? You're at uni working to your dreams. I'm wasting my time at uni, I think I might drop out soon."

I suddenly got hit with a case of nostalgia. "Ry... remember the dreams we used to talk about when we were kids?" "Yea I do. I wanted to be a plane" He laughs to himself. "No seriously, you wanted to play guitar since you we're young. I tried so many things but nothing really stuck other than my art."

"yea, but that's you Amara. Jill-of-all-trades" Ryan joked. "I can try teaching you guitar again as long as you promise not to throw it at me again when you get frustrated." I laughed at that thought. A few moments passed and I looked at him "I dunno lately I've realised I want more out of life. Being at uni now makes me question does this have anything to do with my passion. It does and doesn't but yea. I've just felt a bit lost lately, thinking is there a point to it all and where am I going with this." I sighed just finally getting all that off my chest. I had it bottled up for awhile. I haven't seen Ry much since uni and since the band started getting more serious. "Ryan. I've missed you."

"I've missed you too, kiddo". With those words, I attempted to swallow the rest of my pizza.


**Two weeks later...

"OMG AMARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA remember when I told you over lunch thatiwasgonasendourdemotopetewentzwell" yelled ryan as he ran up to me. "whoa buddy slow down" I laughed.

"I sent our demo to Pete Wentz and he actually listened to it. He replied saying he's gona fly down. He wants to meet us!!!" ryan beamed at me.

I gave him a huge hug. "ry, wow yayyy that is so awesome" sigh Ryan knows what he wants, and now its becoming a reality. And I'm not what he wants. "What's up AJ?"

"Nothing dude" I lied. I've loved Ryan since we were kids. But he's become like a brother, or I force myself to believe he's like a brother so I won't feel that way about him, cause he just sees me as his sister. He's not attracted to me physically, the only bond we have is the mental and emotional connection, which means a lot but its not enough for him to look at me in that way. I'm not ugly but I'm no supermodel. I'm not tall (I come up to Ryan's nose) and I have an average build. I have dark brown curly-wavy hair that goes halfway down my back. I have to wear glasses but its okay because I love my purple-rimmed emo frames. They match Brendon's we picked ours out together. By the way, Brendon is one of Ryan's mates in the band, and after Ryan he's my second best friend. I know it's horrible to play favourites but I've known Ryan much longer.

I smiled at Ryan to covering the hurt of hiding my feelings. "So tell me more about Mr. Wentz then aye" "he said he'll fly down this weekend" Ryan looked so adorable when he's excited. As we walked home, we talked more about this new development. And I tried my best to be happy for him, while all the while I wanted him more and more.








A.N: you're probably wondering why she's been in relationships even though she loves ryan. She did it for the following reasons:
- its all a front
- made mistakes and bad choices
- make ryan care/jealous
- because she thinks he sees her as a sister

Thanks let me know what you think, if its any good or how i can improve. Hope it didnt drag on too much i just wanted to get an intro in.
Sign up to rate and review this story