Categories > Original > Drama > In my hands

In my hands

by Queenbeth2 0 reviews

She's popular, he's not. He falls madly in love with her but she is promised to another man. They have a brief affair in where she believes that she could possibly spend her life with him. She is w...

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-03-20 - Updated: 2007-03-20 - 1381 words

0Unrated
I would really appreciate feedback on this story, I mean no flames or anything. I don't want an entire paragraph about how my story is horrible and needs to be removed. Just constructive criticism, okay. Thanks!

Chapter 1,

Saya Carter was a good girl and there was no doubt about it. She volunteered at various shelters around town, worked part time at a day care and baked cookies with the elderly Mrs. Robertson down the street. She was a fair looking young woman, with long silver blonde hair that looked more like liquid then anything. Pale but flawless skin, soft as silk, and wide brilliant green eyes that sparkled when she smiled.

This suspected gift from God was the only daughter of Lord and Lady Carter. A very old and very wealthy family. They raised their daughter to be the land's sweetheart, and she was. Prim and proper. Her only flaw being her difficulty with education, but she made up for it in her sheer love for school.

Saya attended a boarding school, as most girls her age did. It didn't bother her, rather she found it enjoyable. This year was her senior year, and it would be one to remember. She would make sure of that. She had her future planned out, graduate in the top half of her class, then go to a big university and become a teacher at the very school she loved. Everything was going to go to plan and she was excited about it.

Then her parents told her about Cain Mitchell. He was a cocky boy that was a year older then her. She had known him all her life and she had just recently learned that he was her betrothed. A family (as well as social) tradition that would not be broken was for the parents to find an eligible man for their daughters. The Mitchell family was very wealthy and had excellent standing in society, so their eldest and only son was perfect for Saya. Never mind that she didn't like the guy or his family.

Nobody really knew why she had taken a liking to Aaron Craig. He was the quiet loner, originally by choice but after years of school the status was forced on him. The boy was smart. Very smart. He was sure to get top of the class and several offers to major universities.

Aaron, in no way, looked approachable. His hair was messy, combed, but still messy and a deep shade of black. It hung in his vivid blue eyes and fit nicely with his skin tone, which was a subtle tan. He wore black shirts with band labels stamped across ranging from The Beatles to The Fray. He wasn't a musician by any means, he just liked to mutter lyrics to assorted songs while he scribbled in his notebooks.

They met on a pleasant September afternoon at lunch. Saya came earlier then usual, beating her adoring fan club by almost an hour. The dining hall was almost empty, save for a few freshman hurriedly doing homework for the next class and some seniors that were laughing and joking. Saya noticed Aaron sitting alone again, scribbling as usual. Determined, Saya walked across the hall and sat next to him.

"Hi," she said with a bright smile.

Aaron looked at her and then looked around to see if she was making some sort of mistake, or perhaps she
was here on a dare. When he was sure that nobody was around he replied with a small noise that resembled hey.

"I'm Saya."

"I know."

He went back to scribbling.

"So, what are you always writing?"

"I don't think that is your business."

"Forgive me, I forgot my manners," Saya said in a warm voice. "Listen I know we're in a few classes together and you're pretty good at math and stuff so..."

"There is a tutor that can help you," Aaron said emotionlessly.

"Yeah I know but freshman year he took me to homecoming and well things didn't go so well and he won't talk to me."

"I can't imagine why." Aaron said dryly. Saya pretended she hadn't heard him and carried on.

"I really need help. If I don't do well in this class I won't graduate in the top half of the class and I won't get into a good university."

Aaron looked her over. Judging her already to be an airhead and more then a little annoying. She was probably the sort of girl that had daddy pay for everything she could ever want and she would no doubt get into the university of her choice, over a more qualified individual.

"I don't..." he trailed off when he made the fatal mistake of looking into her sweet face. Saya's head was tilted every so gently to the side, and her wide green eyes were looking strait into his. He had heard the stories, look into the eyes of a Carter woman and there is no denying them, and now he believed it. "...see why not."

"Oh! Thank you!" Saya said happily. She hugged him tight and smiled warmly at him. Aaron wasn't going to lie, it was nice to see someone smile so kindly at him.

~*~

Everyone, no matter what their age, will one day learn that first impressions are not always correct. Now it was Aaron's turn. After only two months of helping Saya with her math he had grown quite fond of her. They usually met after school before dinner. She had to go to work and he would retreat to his room to study.
Sometimes he would tell himself that it was too good to be true. The school's sweetheart actually wanted to spend time with him. It was surprising to him that he began to develop a crush on her, as he had told himself over and over again that she wasn't his type.

But of course she was. She was beautiful, smart, funny, easy to talk to, cultured and very humble about all of it. She was convinced that there were at least a dozen girls in school that were prettier then she and smarter.

She doesn't feel the same, Aaron repeated over and over again in his head as he would watch her leave. He would try as hard as he could to stop his eyes from lingering on her soft hips as she walked. Feeling frustrated, he would then return to his room and scribble in his notebook for a good hour to relieve tension.

Near the end of November everyone was stressing out over finals. It wasn't uncommon to see people sitting in the dining hall half eating and half studying. Some people stopped eating regular meals in order to spend more time in the library.

Aaron wasn't one of those people. He never worried about finals as he studied so much over the semester. He walked, carrying his tray, towards his usual seat in the back when he felt someone tug on his sleeve.

"Sit with us."

It was Saya, and she was looking up at him with those sweet eyes that he could not resist. All of her friends looked at her strangely, all of them probably thinking the same thing.

"I was just going to..."

"Please, Aaron? I want you to sit with me."

Resisting her soft voice and stunning eyes was something only God Himself could do. Aaron wasn't God so he didn't have the will power to say no to her. He sat with her, ignoring all the stares her friends gave him.

"Saya! Tell them what Mr. Grunge did to you during class."

"It's no big deal."

"No big deal! He accused you of flirting with Steven No-Shower!"

"I just asked him for a pencil, and then later if I could see what he wrote about the French revolution because Mr. Grunge talks so fast I miss half of what he says."

"Try listening to every other word," Aaron suggested quietly. The group around Saya hushed and looked at him, as if he dared to correct their queen.

"Really? Does that work?"

"Yes, also he gets most of his lectures from the footnotes and the chapter recaps."

Saya smiled, Aaron felt his heart melt.

TBC

Let me know what you think okay! ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story