Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Down the road, not across the street

Besides, we've got such good fashion sense.

by grandtheftautumn 5 reviews

3 for 3. Amara gives her answer. This will lead to drama and surprises. ENJOY! I hate to sound like a typical, demanding author but REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW!!!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-03-20 - Updated: 2007-03-21 - 1642 words

0Unrated
AN: Hey guys. That's 3 in a row! I typed this up last night but wanted to edit it some more before i posted it up. I'm not sure if you guys are liking it? So drop some reviews if you can. I know my reviewers so far are enjoying it. THANK YOU! Feedback will help let me know if you think it's boring, or average, or 'crap' (for lack of a better word).

On another note. AJ = Amara James. I love using quotes and lyrics as titles if you havn't noticed and it's going to be one of my consistent 'things' through this fic. (yes i know heaps of others do it) Anyway Google them if you want to know the origin or complete lyrics, etc.




*


Chapter 3: Besides, we've got such good fashion sense


Stuttering, I replied "Ummm... I uh." This is Ry's shot. The break the boys have been waiting for... am I really going to ruin it over one obnoxious bassist. I looked to Ryan for an answer, and the second I saw his pleading puppy dog eyes, I knew what I had to do.

"Yea. Count me in" I replied with as much enthusiasm as I could muster.

What just happened? I left the boys to talk and walked into the bathroom to grasp the concept of the pervious event. I don't get that guy. He is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. First he's friendly, then an ass, and now he wants me to go to his stupid party. I washed my face and looked up into the mirror. Anything for Ry.

We organized to meet back at Ryan's house at 7pm. Pete said he'd organize our lift from there. I stayed back to chat with Ryan, too much was going through my head and I needed some down time with him. "Pretty crazy huh?" "and amazing all at once" he replied. We had a couple hours til this big event. "I am really happy for you sweetie" I said as he sat down on his bed. "he-he thanks. I couldn't have done it without you. You sealed the deal."

"Ha I don't think so. Even if I wasn't here you would have still gotten signed Ry" I joined him and collapsed onto my back, letting out a sigh.

"Where's you head at James?" "Nothing really. I just let Pete get to me. I don't understand guys sometimes... a lot of the time."

"you understand me" smiled ryan. "yea but you're different" and I'm in love with you. This thought I kept to myself.

"Yea he knows how to push your buttons, but he's just joking around. Probably just a defense mechanism. We just gotta get to know him better. I'm sure he's a pretty nice guy."

"You're just saying that cause he signed you guys and he's your new boss/manager whatever." I laughed. "Yea, well anyway we'll see. But Pete Wentz is not getting anywhere near my buttons."

"So moving on. What are you wearing tonight Mr. Ross?"

"Gosh Amara, serious much?" he said sarcastically. "Umm I have no idea. Is it casual or dressy? Hmmm I might give Pete a quick call"

"Hey Petey, it's Ryan. Just a quick question what's the dress code tonight?"

"Hey Ryro. Oh sorry I forgot to mention that. It's a costume party actually"

Confused, Ryan spoke up. "But we don't have anything or time to get anything."

"Don't worry Ry. I've got you covered. Answers at the front door." the confident voice replied through the phone.

A still confused, yet now bemused, Ryan headed downstairs to the front door. Curious, I followed. There stood a limousine driver holding a couple of large gift boxes.

"Ah. Mr. Ryan Ross I presume." "Yes, this is he." "Package from Mr. Wentz. He also wishes to give a package to a Miss Amara..."

"That's me!" I said out loud. The limousine driver looked past Ryan and found me standing behind him. He handed me the last box, turned around and began to walk off.

"Hey, what about the others? Ryan yelled after him. "Already been organized" replied the chauffer and waved him off.


We walked back into Ryan's room to examine our new found presents. Ryan lifted the lid of his to find a silky, red thong. We looked at each other and started laughing. "Man what kind of dress up is this!? I think this must be for you" he said looking in my direction. "HA no way. You've heard about Pete's twisted humor. Hey wait there's a tag. Ryan enjoy you present. Can't wait to see you in it tonight."

"See I told you so. Oh my lord. That boy is crazy." I spat out through laughs. "Hey wait there's another note." Ryan picked up a folded piece of paper that was under the thong. It read: Only kidding buddy. As if I'd let you wear that to one of my parties. You'll find your outfit under the layers.

Pete, true to his word, had a come through with a grey blazer trimmed in a pearly satin; a black collared long-sleeve and black pinstripe pants. There was also black leather belt and snake-skin dress shoes to match.

"Wow Ry! That's gonna look great on you."

"What'd he get you, Amara?" I forgot about my box. "Huh? Oh yea. Probably a thong but this time he's not kidding." Ha-ha Wentz if you really did get me a thong I am definitely not going no way no how, I thought to myself. "Amara. You gonna open it or what?" Ryan spoke interrupting my thoughts.

I lifted the lid and found no silky, red thong or any other form of intimate apparel. "No thong sighting as of yet" I reported. Ryan grinned, while I looked through the tissue paper layers. I found the most beautiful dress ever. In shock, I put it back inside the box and returned the cover. "Ry, ill see you later. I'm gonna get home and get ready. Byeeee" And with that I left Ryan and drove home as quickly as I could. "But I didn't get to see the dress properly" he called out to me. He heard the front door close "okay then bye" he mumbled to himself.


I got home, and headed straight to my room, where I locked the door behind me. I sat in front of my bed on the floor and opened the box again. Carefully I pulled out the dress. It was a dark grey corset; embroidered with an elaborate black design. The bottom half looked a little like the 'after' photo of a Cinderella gown that had been mauled by wolves. Nevertheless, it was beautifully made, from material that looked very much like silk georgette. In a way the dress had a Tinkerbell resemblance, but longer and silkier.

I went into my bathroom and tried it on. It fit perfectly. My breasts filled the corset nicely and I could adjust the back to fit it securely. The dress itself sat on my hips and the material floated effortlessly. I looked at myself in the mirror. Whoa. I rarely wear stuff like this. Usually I am a skinny jeans-and-tee girl. I'm not a tomboy but I'm not much of a girly girl either. I just like being comfy and reasonably stylish. I love dresses but there's never really been an occasion for me to wear one. I decided I might as well go all out since it's a big deal to Pete. Wait did I just think that. I meant Ryan. Ryan might see me in a new light tonight. Today (and tonight) will be the start of new and great things. I smiled at myself and began to undress. I didn't want to ruin this beautiful outfit. I hopped in the shower thinking about the night to come. And how I still think Pete is a bit of an ass.

After an hour, I had straightened my hair, applied some make up (eyeliner and mascara) and put the dress on. In the box I found beautiful black heels and a white mask. Oh darn, that means I have to wear my contacts. I removed my favourite emo frames and added some finishing touches and I was ready. I drove over to Ryan's (not wearing the mask obviously). On the way there I thought about Pete. I wonder how he knew what to get us and what sizes and stuff. As I headed to Ryan's front door I quickly put my mask.

I was suddenly bathed in a bright golden light as the front door opened. "Hey. I thought I heard you coming up" said Brendon. His jaw dropped, his eyes scanned me from top to bottom, and then his left hand began frantically waving to someone inside. I stopped. "What?" "Guys, I think you should come here" he called out.

Spence, Jon and Ryan appeared in the doorway. "Who's that?"

"Very funny Ross. Stop kidding around you guys let me in." Spence and Jon were muttering something to each other. I felt annoyed yet slightly pleased with myself. I let myself in, walking past the four boys with their jaws hanging open.

"Ready guys" said another voice. Pete emerged out of the darkness, "I got one final present for you" He passed us each a small box.

"Ummm Wentz, contrary to popular belief, multiple marriages is not the new black." said Jon.

"Just open it dumbass" inside each box was a pair of vampire fangs. Pete knowing what we were all thinking, answered, "Yes, you put them on. Now let's haul ass and go."




*

I would have put in party details but I'll leave it for the next chap. I felt this was getting a bit lengthy.

Love your reviews. =)

I promise some drama for the next chap.

Byeee
Sign up to rate and review this story