Categories > Original > Fantasy > Why can't I forget Him? ¢¾A vampire romance¢¾

Why can't I forget Him? ¢¾A vampire romance¢¾

by InLoveWithShane2007 0 reviews

Fern meets a new friend, but loses another.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-03-21 - Updated: 2007-03-21 - 773 words

0Unrated
I hear footsteps and look up to see someone new, his silver hair shines in the light as he sits next to me, but when I look into his eyes I see a girl. Her hair is black with white streaks, her skin a pale white, and her deep red lips curve into a smile showing 2 sharp fangs. I blink looking around and back at the boy, his eyes are now an ice-blue, but before I can comprehend what's happening, he disappears.

I put my stuff up and go to my room, seeing an outfit on the bed, and a note lying atop it.

I pick it up, reading aloud, "'I got you some new clothes.
Hope you like 'em.
-Vladimir'
Hm, thanks V."

I put on the red long sleeve mesh shirt, and the black tube top, followed by the chain pants and arm gloves. Someone knocks on my door entering before I can respond.

"Hey, you like the clothes?" V asks.

"Ya. Their great."

"Good, you ready for dinner?"

"Sure."

We go to the dinning room and I see the guy from earlier. He smirks at me and continues conversation with Xavier. V takes me to my seat and the food is served. As we eat I stare at the guy suspiciously. He notices my staring and smirks again.

"Sorry, I never introduced myself did I? I'm Shane," he sticks his hand out for me to shake it.

"Fern." I respond.

My hand remains at my side and I look back at my un-touched food.

"I'm going to my room."

I leave to my room laying down and closing my eyes. Images of my old home flash through my mind and I realize how much I'd actually hated it. The only person there for me was Elizabeth, I could always go to her if I needed someone to talk to, but now that she's gone I have no one.

Someone knocks at my door and my eyes open again. Shane walks in sitting at the edge of the bed. He's silent, but in his eyes I see he's worried.

"No need to worry about me. I can hold myself."

He still doesn't speak, but the worry leaves. I turn my head staring at the wall.

"You're like them aren't you? A vampire...a killer," I look at him, but he still wont utter a sound. His eyes have a soft expression.

"Why'd you come in here if your just going to stare at me?!"

Suddenly he disappears, and I blink a few times. Am I seeing things or something? I close my eyes again drifting off to sleep.

?D?


The area seems familiar, yet I don't know where I am. A long hall stretches before me, but no matter how much I walk the distance doesn't change. I break into a run, my breath quickening, suddenly I fall.

The floor seems farther down and when I land a sharp pain enters my back. I look over my shoulder seeing Xavier pressing a knife deep in my back. Shane appears in the background and pulls Xavior from me, and I scream from the pain of the blade being pulled out so roughly.

?D?
I wake up screaming again, Vladimir and Xavier appearing at my side. Xavier keeps a short distance away, a look of worry on his face, while V sits beside me, calming me down.

"Fern, FERN! It's okay, you were dreaming."

I feel him search my mind, seeing what I'd seen.

"I think the place is traumatizing her subconsciously, we may have to force the portal open," he says wiping the tears from my eyes.

I hold him tightly, "No! You can't! I don't want to leave, you're all I have," I gasp realizing what I've said and before I can correct myself Xavier leaves.

I let go of V looking where Xavier once was. I can't believe what I just did.

"I- I didn't mean to-," I stop myself.

"Fern-," V doesn't bother either.

At least an hour later I sit in my room, staring out the window. V walks in a sad look on his face.

"The portals open, you should probably go before it closes."

"Will, will I see you again?"

He's quite. We leave, and I see Xavier beside the front door.

"Xavier I-"

"We don't have time to talk you need to go."

"Let me ju-!"

"GO!"
He pushes me through the front door and I fall into black, watching as the small window into their world fades. But just before I land, an image of Shane flashes in my head...and I pass out.
Sign up to rate and review this story