Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Mission Confession

by Kyatsu 0 reviews

Kakashi and Naruto make a bet on Sasuke's feelings for Sakura. What are the results? Alot of fluff! Sasusaku oneshot.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke - Published: 2007-03-23 - Updated: 2007-03-23 - 846 words

-1OOC
Mission Confession


Prolog


"Hey Naruto." Kakashi, the famed copy nin, said as he walked toward his kyuubi student.

"What?" Naruto asked as he stuffed the rest of a bowl of ramen into his mouth.

"Want to make a bet?"

"On what?"

"Your teammate's love life!" Kakashi answered. A confused expression formed on Naruto's face.

"What do you mean?"

Kakashi sighed and shook his head. "Do you want to make a bet on the fact that Sasuke and Sakura like each other?"

"That depends. Can I bet against Sasuke liking Sakura?"

"Sure."

Naruto smiled and nodded in agreement.

"Alright, here's the plan." Kakashi said mischievously as he pulled out a piece of paper with messy words and diagrams scribbled on it.

"So we tell them it's a mission?" Naruto asked. Kakashi nodded. The plan was understood by both of them. Now they just had to pull it off.


The actual story!


Sakura yawned and leaned against the tree behind her. "So, Sasuke and I are going to wait on this side of the forest, and you and Naruto are going to be on the other side?" Sakura asked her sensei, Kakashi.

Kakashi nodded. "Exactly." he replied.

Sakura grinned at this, Sasuke grimaced.

"Why do we have to do this?" Sasuke asked. After a bit more of explaining the 'situation' Naruto and Kakashi left to take up their post.

Sakura and Sasuke stood silently in the forest waiting and listening for any signs of the person they were looking for. After a bit Sakura took out a paper bag and took a sandwich out of it.

"Did you bring something to eat Sasuke?" Sakura asked smiling.

"No, and I'm not hungry." Sasuke replied curtly. Sakura's smile faded.

"Oh." She looked away and ate her food in silence.

When it turned midnight Sakura had begun to drift off now and then. At the sound of a twig snapping under her foot or the hoot of an owl she would wake again. In the small times that she slept, Sasuke would steal glances at her.

He wouldn't admit it, but truthfully he liked her back. He thought her short bubblegum colored hair was perfect; the way she talked in such a sweet naïve voice, everything about her was flawless, in his opinion.

When Sakura fell into a particularly deep sleep the Uchiha thought of something. It made him blush and look away, but then he looked at her again and moved a little closer to her.

"Sakura?" he whispered cautiously. She didn't answer.

Sasuke took a deep breath and leaned closer to the sleeping kunoichi. Then he kissed her. Just lightly brushed his lips against hers but it was enough to wake her up. Her eyes shot open, a prominent blush on her face.

"S sasuke?" she stuttered. Sasuke was blushing more than Hinata ever could by now and was too embarrassed to answer at first.

Sasuke thought, and thought, and thought. There was no lie that could get him out of this. So he told her the truth.

"Listen up because I'm not gonna say this again." Sasuke said, still blushing. Sakura nodded wide awake now. "I like you a lot." Sasuke said hastily.

Sakura almost squealed with joy at Sasuke's words. He did like her! She launched herself forward and wrapped her arms around him. Then she kissed him back. This time they kissed though the two shinobi pressed their lips against each others firmly.

Sakura let go of Sasuke and sat down on the ground motioning for Sasuke to sit next to her. Sasuke did so reluctantly and refused to look at her. "What's the matter Sasuke-kun", Sakura asked worriedly.

Sasuke sighed and looked at her. "Nothing. Just don't tell anyone about this okay?" Sasuke asked.

"Of course!" Sakura said happily while wrapping her arms around Sasuke again. The Uchiha pulled Sakura closer to him when he noticed her shivering.

"Sasuke?" came the kunoichi's voice.

"Hn."

"Why didn't you tell me you like me?"

Sasuke shrugged.

"I'm glad you did."

"I didn't have a choice. You wouldn't have believed any lie I came up with."

Sakura giggled at this and snuggled closer to her crush. Eventually both Sasuke and Sakura drifted off into a light slumber.


Epilog


Naruto and Kakashi walked back to where they had left Sakura and Sasuke. There their friends were, sleeping in each others arms.

"I win." Kakashi said, smirking.

"What?! Sasuke actually does like Sakura?" Naruto said incredulously. Kakashi shook his head, Naruto knew nothing about love.

"Yes, he does as you can plainly see. Now I believe you owe me twenty dollars." Kakashi drawled holding out his hand. Naruto handed his sensei the money, still gaping at his two teammates.


Dedicated to my best friend (I say nobodies name online incase they don't want me to)!

I wrote the story in the time they gave us in school for research. So about 3 hours wasted on a b-day present for my friend. But oh well! It was fun and I would have just sat around staring at the computer screen otherwise.
Sign up to rate and review this story