Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Dead On Arrival

you never wanted the nice boys anyway

by watch_the_sky 4 reviews

its much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality .. mostly a filler, i just wanted to update something.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Published: 2007-03-26 - Updated: 2007-03-26 - 1184 words - Complete

3Exciting
Cold winter wind whipped through her dirty blonde hair, blowing loose strands over her face as she struggled to pull her luggage from the trunk.

"If you're both back in Chicago for the holiday, how are you going to manage avoiding him?" Janelle voiced, making her way from the drivers seat to the trunk, slamming her door shut to knock off the excess snow, "you know that your dad and his dad have that we go way back so we should bond and force our families to interact on special occasions such as Christmas, sort of history."

Ana sighed heavily, heaving her last bag out of the car; after a stressful visit with her late mother's side of the family for the holiday season, LaGuardia airport has never looked so good.

"I don't know" she reluctantly admitted with a shrug, "but I have a nice long flight to figure it out."

"I'll never understand why we left the beauty of Miami to return to Chicago and New York." Janelle joked half-heartedly as they said their goodbyes near the terminal. Graduation came and went and before they knew it their college years were over, best friends torn apart to seek and conquer all of their wildest dreams. Layovers and baggage claims are what keep them together now, making constant trips from the different corners of the country in hopes of staying in contact forever, a promise they made their first day of their first year of college.

"Hey, is that the guy from Starbucks?" Janelle questioned as they embraced in their tenth goodbye hug.

Ana turned around to find a stranger with their hood up, now turned away from her view, she shrugged off the highly unlikely potential, remarking, "I highly doubt it; they're high profile rock stars, who knows where there are by now", sarcastically rolling her eyes.

"Only you" Janelle laughed, "could turn down the love of a rock star."

"Yeah" Ana sighed in defeat, "only me."

Slouching down far in her first class window seat, Ana made herself comfortable for her flight. Popping her headphones into her ears, she rested her head against the seat and shut her eyes, trying her best to collect her thoughts. What may have been seconds, minutes or hours later, she didn't pay enough attention to realize, she faintly heard voices mumbling or maybe arguing around her before a body slumped down in the seat next to her. Curious to see her flight partner but too indifferent to care, she kept her eyes shut tightly; concentrating on some sort of relaxation, hoping it wasn't a creeper.

What seemed like ages later, Ana popped her eyes open and slid her hand into her pocket in search of her cell phone to check the time before sighing in frustration. Over a half hour after scheduled take off, the flight was running too late for comfort. Darting away from the luminated screen of her cell phone, her eyes searched for an answer to the problem but couldn't move farther than their fixation on the passenger seated next to her.

"What are the fucking odds?" She mumbled low to herself.

"One in 156" His voice mumbled from under his hat that was pulled down over his face, the hood of his sweatshirt pulled up over his head; slouching down far in the seat, his arms were crossed over his chest, "one in 80 in first class."

Ana's eyes stung with threatening tears, his voice cold and piercing, echoing through her ears.

"I tried to switch but no one would have it; I even offered a coach passenger in an attempt to move to the complete other end of the plane to get away from you."

"Stop!" Her plea was quick and sharp.

"Why?" He continued showing no emotion, and making no attempt to change his demoting physical demeanor, "That's what you want isn't it? You can't stand to be in the same building as me, why would you be okay with spending 3 hours of a flight seated next to me?"

"Patrick, stop it." She pleaded, slighting shifting to face him now, "please don't be bitter."

Lifting his hat up and turning to face her now, his eyes were pleading and sad, "How can I not?"

"Attention ladies and gentlemen!" A voice boomed throughout the plane before Ana had a chance to speak, "I wouldn't get too comfortable out there, this flight has just been cancelled." Grumbles and groans were now heard throughout the cabin as the voice continued, "A follow through is scheduled to depart tomorrow night at 11:15 for your traveling needs. That is all."

And with that being said, flight attendants began ushering passengers off of the plane as Patrick's eyes darted from Ana to his friends, aggravation and disappointment growing on their faces. Patrick was ushered along with the group as they departed from the terminal, awaiting further direction and Ana pusher her way through the crowd in attempt to book a new flight in any attempt to depart from the building.

Slouching against her luggage cart, Ana patiently waited for her luggage to be returned to her so she could flea the growing scene of angry passengers, a number of flights being cancelled by the minute.

"Let me help you with that" His familiar voice rang in her ears as his hands reached for the bags she was struggling with.

"I thought you were bitter?" She remarked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I look at it as helping a stranger." Patrick shrugged, tossing her baggage onto her awaiting cart.

Offering a small smile of thanks, he just shrugged it off before turning his attention momentarily back to his band mates. When his eyes returned Ana was ready to walk away before his voice stopped her, "Where are you going?"

"The Radisson" She shrugged, "I'd never dare to go back to Nana Marshall's."

Breaking down his "I'll pretend like I don't care" barrier, his radiant smile broke through, "Nana Marshall, now that's a woman who hates my existence."

"I just booked us the last rooms at the Radisson." A burly bald man on the outskirts of their entourage boomed from beyond the cell phone attached to his ear; Ana sighed in defeat.

"You're coming too!" Patrick exclaimed, tossing his luggage on top of hers and taking hold of the cart.

"This is Ana" Patrick informed the man with a cell phone, who she would soon learn, was once named Bob, "and she's coming too!"

Confused, but willing to meet any demand, Bob shrugged, "Okay, that's fine."

"Patrick, no! I can't ...." Ana pleaded, graciously.

"Yes you care, and you will." Patrick shrugged, "I don't care how many times you've run away from me or how much you hate me, I could never send you back to Nana Marshall, ever."

"I don't hate you" Ana mumbled softly.

"Actions speak louder than words, my dear." Patrick remarked, pushing the luggage cart along the corridor, following the group in search of their destination. Reluctantly agreeing, Ana drug herself along miserably; Patrick made a valid point, she had always hated when he got the last word.
Sign up to rate and review this story