Categories > Cartoons > G.I. Joe > My Father's Shadow

My Father's Shadow

by Freespirit 1 review

A Joe's son wonders if he follow in his father's footsteps

Category: G.I. Joe - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-10-10 - Updated: 2005-10-10 - 404 words - Complete

1Insightful
Disclaimer: Not mine. Never have been, never will. All Hasbro's, Marvel's, DDP's etc.


My Father's Shadow

They say I'm something special. And in a way, I am. Why, you ask?

Well, I'm the first and so far only second-generation Joe. My father was a member of the team long before I was born. Often I hear the others talk about how I remind them of him. They say that I have his eyes and his stubbornness. They say that he was good at his job.

It makes me proud... and scared at the same time. My father cast a long shadow that I walk in. I hope can live up to him, fulfill everybody's expectations. My partner thinks I can. And he has to know... he's been my dad's partner in the past. He says that father was his best friend ever, next to me. He know both of us, our weaknesses and our strengths.

He also thinks we make a good team. Not as good as he and father were, but just because I'm still young and have to learn a lot. Maybe that's true, but still... it makes me a bit nervous. I just wish there were other second generation Joes around. But that will take a while... if there will be others at all. Until then I only have my partner. I wish I could tell him how I feel. But I can't. Somehow I doubt I'd actually have to. He looks at me and then tells me exactly what I need to hear, as if he knew.

Some of the Joes say he had a similar relationship to my father. Only that ours... is stronger. I don't know if that is true. All I know is that my partner cares about me, maybe as much as he did about my father.

The phone rings, and my partner gets it. After a few minutes, he turns to me. I stand up, watching and waiting.

"Well, seems Hawk has work for us. You up to it, partner?"

I don't reply... I don't need. He knows I'm ready... and even if I wasn't, he knows I'd follow him through hell and back. Just like my father.

"Okay... then let's go, boy."

He opens the door for me and I walk out. Time to take another step out of my father's shadow.

Time to prove that Junkyard Junior is worth carrying his father's name.
Sign up to rate and review this story