Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Of Poetry and Bruises

by nevermore199 3 reviews

Naruto sneaks into Sakura's room and steals her diary. Sure hope he can run fast... [ One shot. ]

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Naruto, Sakura - Published: 2007-03-27 - Updated: 2007-03-28 - 334 words - Complete

1Funny
Naruto sat in Sakura's room, giggling mischievously and holding a pink diary in his hands. He glanced at the inside cover, which had the words "Sakura Haruno" printed in the corner. Still smirking, he began flicking through the pages.

Many of the early pages were about Sasuke. How cute he was, how much Sakura loved him, and a bunch of other things that made Naruto want to throw up. There were a couple of photos of him taped into the diary, and even a lock of his hair somewhere in the middle. (Stalker much?)

There were also several sappy love poems scattered throughout the diary. Naruto looked at a particularly gushy one, his laughs getting louder as he read.

You're the love of my life
I dream of you every night
I love you so much.


Naruto burst out laughing, wiping tears from his eyes. He turned a few pages and started reading another poem aloud in a high-pitched voice, failing to hear the loud footsteps approaching.

I love you
Because you're beautiful
You are my sunshine
I want to--


"NARUTO!"

Naruto jumped about a foot in the air and let out a startled yelp. He turned to face Sakura, who was standing in the doorway, trembling with rage.

"Uh...hey, Sakura..." he said through clenched teeth, smiling uneasily.

Sakura stormed up to him. "What are you doing in here? Why do you have my diary? Were you reading it?"

"O-Of course not, Sakura!" Naruto stammered defensively.

Sakura's face and voice took on a deadly calm. "Then why is it in your hand with the lock open?"

"Um, uh..."

Naruto squeezed his eyes shut.

*

A couple of minutes later, Neji Hyuga stopped walking and looked up as he heard loud screaming coming from Sakura's house. A few seconds later, a bruised and battered body in an orange jumpsuit came flying out the window and landed unconscious in front of Neji.

Neji shook his head, walked around the beaten Naruto, and continued on his way.
Sign up to rate and review this story