Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy

My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon

by muimui 1 review

Haylin wins a trip to travel and go on tour with Fall Out Boy for 5 months.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-04-01 - Updated: 2007-04-02 - 1047 words

0Unrated
It was a Sunday morning of April the first. 19-year-old Haylin woke up to the sound of 'My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon' playing on her iPod. Amazing. Her iPod lasted the whole night without dying.The ear buds were tangled around her neck and one ear bud was dangling off of her ear. She turned to look at the clock but could barely make out what it said because of her curtains. She drew the curtains apart allowing the spring sunlight to spill into her room. / Ugh.. 10:37.../she thought. She hadn't slept in this late for several years. With that in mind, she headed towards the bathroom to start her morning teeth brushing ritual.

Brushing her teeth was one of the things she hated the most. She's not a fan of morning breath -at all. Heck, no one was. She was always just too lazy to brush her teeth but did it anyways.

After brushing her teeth, she headed down the hall way and towards the kitchen to find something to eat. Nothing was available except popcorn so she just thought, What the heck. Let's just eat it.

Her popcorn finished popping. She started to dig in but then she realized, something wasn't right. She knew something happened last night that she couldn't remember but where was everybody?

She stepped into the garage, hoping someone was still there. Lucky for her, there was her dad, crouching down while painting a chair. Haylin inhaled the sent of the wet paint. She loved it.

"Hey Dad!" Haylin said.
"About time you woke up Haylin..." was her dad's reply.
"Well someones really happy today. Well.. Where is everyone? This house is usually filled with 38 people trying to fight their way towards the fridge."
"Oh them?"
"Yes them!"
"Oh. They went to the mall. Now I'd usually think, 'What mall is opened right now?' but I need new clothes. So I let them go." Her dad said as he pointed to his ripped contractor jeans and resumed painting.
Haylin found a chair and sat on it, while continuing her conversation with her dad.

"So Dad, what happened to me last night? I can't remember a thing!"
"Well, Haylin. I can't believe you don't remember this but you threw a major party with alcohol and stuff when you found out that you had won that one Fall Out Boy trip and you-"
"WOAH WOAH WOAH! I what?!"
"You passed out yesterday after you Fall Out Boy party, Haylin! Haylin. You won! Your leaving at 11:50 today and your going to fly to Chicago and meet Fall Out Boy at the airport."
"What? 11:50? That's an hour from now! Why didn't you wake me up? Ugh, Dad! I hate you! That barley gives me time to shower, pack, do my hair and stuff.. Ugh! I hate you! I'm gonna take a shower now." She threw the bag of popcorn at the floor and slammed the door behind her as she left to take a shower.

"I love you too, Haylin!" Her dad yelled back.



Haylin had just finished changing and doing her hair and make-up. By now, she was nearly done with packing all her clothes. She looked at her watch. 11:06. 39 minutes left. Better hurry up.. Folding in all her jeans, all her Fall Out Boy shirts, and many other clothes and things, she was thinking. What kind of a dad lets me throw a party with alcohol and get drunk and pass out the day before I go on tour with Fall Out Boy? I'm under-aged for god's sake. She sighed. It's these kinds of things that make me love you dad.

It was 11:15. She carried - wait wait, more like dragged- all her suitcases out of the house and piled them into her car. By now, it would be a miracle if she made it to the airport in time. She ran into the garage to tell her dad that she was leaving.

"Wait! Hold on. Lemme wash my hands. I'm coming with you." He said.
"Dad. I'm 19. I can take care of myself."
"Hey. Someone has to take your car back home when you leave."
Haylin felt embarrassed. She never blushed but in this case, she was bright red.


Haylin and her dad arrived at the airport. She took all her bags and climbed out of the car.
"Tell the others I said bye. I love you Dad! Tell the others I love 'em too!"
"We love you back. Have fun!"
And with that being said, she left into the airport station.


The ride to Chicago was anything but pleasant. She had butterflies in her stomach. There were over 4 crying babies surrounding her. But she thanked god that there was only going to be a quarter of an hour left of the plane ride.

It wasn't until the plane stopped and everyone got off the plane that Haylin realized, Oh my god! I'm going on tour with Fall Out Boy!
She stood there. Motionless with excitement. The large airplane crowd finally disappeared when Haylin saw down the parking lot, the one and only, Fall Out Boy. She didn't move. She didn't even blink. Sometimes, she hated excitement to death. It took her a while to come back to earth, but when she did, she ran towards the tour bus waiting ahead of her. She finally reached there and panted.

"Okay there?" Patrick asked.
Haylin just stared into his eyes. Those beautiful, crystal eyes.
"I think someone likes Patrick..." Andy started. "I'm Andy by the way."
Still staring. Except this time at Andy.
"This girl has some staring problem." Said Joe. "I'm Joe."
Haylin then put Joe in a bone-crunching hug before you could even say 'Canary'.
"I'm Pete!" Pete said [Hah! obviously..]. And with that, he pulled Haylin away from Joe and gave her a bone-crunching hug himself. It was then that she snapped out of her ONGZ-ITS-FALL-OUT-BOY phase. "Sorry.." She said, kind of embarrassed.
"DAH! No need for sorries. Its not everyday that we get to go on tour with a girl as beautiful as you!" Pete said.
Haylin had a feeling that she was going to really enjoy this tour. Really, Really enjoy it. ^^


-----------------
A/N- Tell me what you think. I need you opinion before I continue.
Sign up to rate and review this story