Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > A Doll's Resemblance

It Punctures

by sesshyfanchick 0 reviews

it punctures...0__0

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Kagome, Sesshoumaru - Published: 2007-04-04 - Updated: 2007-04-04 - 3685 words

0Unrated
A firm hand placed itself upon her shoulder and she almost shrieked. She didn't turn around, she was too afraid. A smooth voice called from behind,

"Hello my dear."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

Chappeh 7: It Punctures

Kagome's mind froze. She didn't know what to do, to think. She had waited ever so patiently all day for this moment, and when it came to it...well...she didn't expect for her mind to go numb! That silken voice, she could remember it clearly now and with the utterance of those three simple words, "Hello my dear", she knew exactly who was attached to that mischievous tone.

The hand released itself from its firm hold on her shoulder. Kagome felt very much relieved at the simple act, but she still couldn't find the courage to face the only person whom she thought could answer all her questions.

"My dear, I can sense your apprehension," Rii whispered from behind. "Do not worry, I won't harm you. I promise."

Kagome slowly turned around and resumed a more proper stance. There was Rii before her, the ghostly ethereal beauty that he was. This time his ebony locks were tied back in a high ponytail, sending the rope like hair to fall in a straight line down his back. He seemed to be more ghostly than ever, his pale skin clashing out against the darkness that enveloped the shop.

She saw him smile, his thin lips lifting up into a small curve. His eyes flashed red with the same muted fire she had experienced seeing before. Kagome shivered. His eyes were the most foreboding pair of opticals she had ever seen; one stare and you surely thought you were in Hell already.

Kagome gulped. She had to retain her calm; she couldn't let him see her falter. She had important questions to ask of him and she was definitely going to make sure that those questions were properly answered.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

Sesshoumaru sat silently in the crook of Kagome's arm, his golden eyes watching the slender man before him. He had felt Kagome's hold on him tighten and he could sense that she was fearful of the man. Who would be fearful of a person such as that? The man with long black hair tied up in a ponytail gave off an immoral sense of mischief; Sesshoumaru could discern that conclusion by merely watching the dance of timid fire within the stranger's eyes.

As Sesshoumaru was sitting there in Kagome's tight hold, he began to think. The voice of the man brought up many memories, memories he had wished would remain lost forever more. He could remember that silky, yet deep voice he had heard one too many times, he was sure of it. Yet, he couldn't link that voice to any human or demon known to him.

A creak in the floorboards disrupted him from his musings. He watched the stranger stalk towards his direction, his black boots padding gently onto the floor. He felt the pressure of Kagome's hold tighten as she stepped back, gently knocking into the register counter.

The man got closer and closer and before Sesshoumaru could blink, the man had leaned down and was face to face with Kagome. He felt her hold go even tighter as her body instinctively edged back; yet there was no where else to escape.

A few cascading locks of black jetted forth from his shoulders as the stranger seemed to stare Kagome down.

"Rii..." Kagome said quietly, a tiny hint of alarm giving her away. Sesshoumaru perked his head up and stared at the two. The stranger was so close to her, so close to his presence as well. And he had gotten a name; Rii. So that was the strangers name, was it? Sure enough, Sesshoumaru processed the newly acquired information but failed to link the name to anyone he had ever met before. Sesshoumaru quirked a delicate eyebrow. Yet, the voice sounded so familiar...

"I am very glad that you have remembered my name," Rii started, leaning in closer to Kagome's face. "I would have thought that you forgotten, such a plane simple name, Rii. Too short, am I right?" Sesshoumaru watched as the faint pigment of crimson faded in on her cheeks. He could tell that she was nervous with Rii being so closely near her. He watched on in silence as the moments passed by. He was still nestled tightly in her arm, rather too tightly. The sudden clearing of Kagome's throat broke the silent tension.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

"Rii," Kagome started, posturing her back so that she stood straight. She shimmied out of his human barricade and made to stand in back of him. "I don't have time to play around with you. I have many questions." Kagome stared at Rii, expecting a reply. When he didn't automatically give her one, she began to feel nervous again. Rii backed away from her and regained his true height. He towered over her much shorter body, his vibrant red eyes cutting into her own. His small little smirk didn't appear to have vanished, as if her were enjoying the way he was tormenting her.

"Who ever said that I was playing around my Dear?" he asked slowly, his smirk growing faintly wider. "Though, if you suggest that we..."

Kagome took a step closer, getting slightly annoyed by Rii's attitude. She didn't expect his utter lack of interest in her being there. It was as if he were playing a game with her, that she was just some chess piece on a checkered board. Kagome loosened her hold on Sesshoumaru. She was figuring that she was probably crushing the poor doll, what with her death grip on him. She had to take control of things from here on. If Rii couldn't remain on task, then she was certainly going to have to make him. She needed to know what the object she was currently holding in her arms was capable of, but most importantly...what he was exactly.

"As I said before, I have questions," Kagome continued, trying to muster up a stern look. She had to be firm with him or else she wouldn't be able to get anything done. Even though she had known Rii for only a short period of time, she could already tell that he was the type to not take things seriously...or he did, but he liked to play around with the situations and outcomes of things.

Rii came closer to her again, but instead headed towards the register counter behind her. She watched as his black ponytail trailed after him. His back was towards her as he peered over the counter and shuffled through what she thought was a stack of papers. She took this chance by observing his clothing. He wasn't wearing lace this time, and she silently thanked god that he wasn't because the last time he looked positively...dare she say it? Beautiful? He merely donned a long white button-up dress shirt and a pair of tight, black jeans. She was amazed how he made himself look so good with such a simple arrangement of clothing.

Rii turned around and tilted his head, smiling at her while he placed the palms of his hands on the edge of the register counter and heaved himself up onto it. He seated himself there, legs dangling from his perch. He leaned back on his hands, a glint from one of his rings shining fiercely in the dark. She shivered as his eyes glinted with that same form of mischief.

"You say you have questions?" he drawled on, tapping his fingernails against the register counter.

Kagome shot a glimpse at Sesshoumaru, who was staring intently at Rii and merely said, "Yeah." Rii's gaze averted toward the ground and she watched as his eyes briefly brushed across Sesshoumaru.

"I cannot promise you that the answers to your questions will be suitable enough for you," he explained, his rich tone echoing softly around the shop. "There are some things in this world that are not meant to be revealed...yet." Kagome shivered at his statement. What did he mean by that? Sesshoumaru felt the brief tremble go over her body, for she had held him closer. He stared up at her. Her eyes trembled, yet she was fighting not to loose her calm. He stared back at Rii, who in turn was staring at him intently. Sesshoumaru gave a glare of his own.

Kagome walked over towards the register, halting in front where Rii was currently seated. She stared up at him while he still towered over her form.

"What is he?" she asked quietly, too afraid to disturb the silence that they were in. There was a brief stillness after that, where neither of them had sad anything. She watched Rii's gaze avert towards Sesshoumaru, in which they quickly flickered back to her. Rii tucked back a black strand of hair that had scrambled loose across his face, his rings making a clinking sound as they clinked back onto the register counter.

"Who, my Dear girl?" he asked. Kagome could see clearly through that fake look of cluelessness etched so crudely upon his face. He knew perfectly well who, technically what she was talking about. Well, she wasn't going to give into his shenanigans. She had to be as firm as possible; straightforward and down to the point. Kagome wondered if she was going to get her information before it turned dark out.

"You know perfectly well who," Kagome retorted. She wrapped her fingers around Sesshoumaru's small waist and protruded him forth. Rii's gaze averted towards the porcelain doll, his red eyes glittering with newfound recollection.

Sesshoumaru shot a heated glare at Rii. The man had dared to smile at him and in such a sinister manner too. If Sesshoumaru could relate to any emotion he was feeling, he probably would have said that he felt humiliated and...stuck. The girl had thrusted him out into the open, to leave him dangling there in mid air. If Rii were to do something out of hand then he would have no trouble in doing it.

Rii's image receded faintly as Sesshoumaru was brought back to Kagome's side. He didn't look at her, just stared out into the open space. She wasn't worthy of an evil glare at the moment.

Kagome was startled from her quietness when she heard Rii let out a deep sigh. He began tapping his fingernails on the register counter again, the back of his black heeled boots tapping against the wooden counter.

"I wish you would not have brought him," he said quietly, his neck craned so that he was staring at the ceiling. "That is, not until I know that he has something to give me in return." Kagome quirked an eyebrow, somewhat lost at his statement. She began to think.

'So, Rii's gotta' know Sesshoumaru then, I mean it sounds like he doesn't like him,' she thought to herself.

"Tell me," Rii continued, drawing her from her thoughts. "Have you felt...I would not really know, that something was missing?" Kagome stared at him oddly. What did he mean by that? There was certainly nothing missing in her life, if that was what he was assuming. Was he referring to maybe a missing piece in the playing field of love? She blushed at that. She certainly hoped that that wasn't the case.

"Well, I don't really know what your talking about," Kagome started. "If anything, my life has been more overloaded than before." She shot a quick glance at Sesshoumaru's sitting form for more emphasis. She heard Rii sigh again, almost as if he were already annoyed of her.

"Let me rephrase that question," he said slowly. "Have you felt any sense of weakness, that something was misplaced...lately?" Lately? Now he was talking about her health? Kagome fought the urge to roll her eyes at him. He certainly was an odd one, although she wasn't one to talk.

"I don't think my health is a very important topic right now, but no I feel fine," she said quickly. She gave him a stern glare. "Now, if you would be so kind, I'd really like to start asking some questions."

"I suppose it didn't work."

Kagome stared at Rii, trying to make sense of what he had said. He had said his last statement so quietly that she thought he did it on purpose so that she wouldn't be able to he hear him. Yet, she did and she had no possible clue to what it meant. She was growing fairly impatient what with his stalling. She wanted her yearning questions to be answered, and by god she was going to get them!

"What is he, why'd you give him to me, why the heck can he walk and -?" Kagome was cut off from her wailing of words when she heard a loud thump on the floorboards. Rii had pounced off from the counter and had landed heavily upon the floor. He made his way towards her and halted, a mere one foot away from her. His ruby red eyes flared with a flagitious animosity, seeming to cut their way through her defensive barrier of rigid calm. He was too close for comfort and she began to back away.

"P-please," she began again, raising her voice. "Sesshoumaru's no ordinary doll, I have to know -!!"

"He is exactly what you think he is!" Rii spoke in a severe tone. He had practically shouted at her and it made her flinch at the anger in his voice. "Sorcery, black magic, call it what you wish but he is nothing of this world! Nothing more than a doll created from decorative glass and dried clay. He is not but a hollow shell, inclination of emotion too pungent for the likes of him and it seems that he has failed in his mission for which I will surely take the blame." Rii ended in a huff. He had really poured his lungs out to her and his jaw was set in a tight position. His eyes held no longer the flight of mischief, but instead the musings of jaded anger.

"I think it is time for you to be leaving," he said quietly, almost in a whisper. "Get your bag and go."

"But -!"

Rii fixed her with a firm glare. Kagome stopped her mouth and gulped. His glares were not as sinister as Sesshoumaru's, but they still were a bit scary. Kagome practically jogged to where her backpack was lying in the heap of dust that she had placed it in and hooked it around one shoulder. She stared back after Rii and shivered when she discovered he was no longer there. Her hand landed on the brass doorknob and she gently pulled it open, stepping into the cool air. Boy, was she going to have a lot to think about tonight.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

Darkness.

Pure and utter darkness.

In the midst of all that darkness, a luminescent pink glow swiveled into the air, rekindling itself into taking a sort of circular shape.

"The girl came today, did she not?"

Rii stepped out into the darkness, the pink glow casting a faint radiant light upon his body. His red eyes shimmered in the lack of light, a steady smirk enlarging across his face.

"I suppose she did drop by for a visit," he answered, his voice aloof and deaf. The pink glow fizzled darker, growing larger with its newly found tumult. There was silence; a long drawling silence that would choke anyone who entered within it. Rii shifted his weight, his eyes averted towards the ground.

The pink ball of light grew fainter, yet it still remained visible in the darkness.

"You obtained nothing?"

Rii remained quiet at that question.

"Oh my Dear, how did you know?" he asked, a mocking tone ringing off his voice. He folded his arms, the rings on his fingers beaming their crystal lights.

The pink ball of light faded in and out, getting lost in the sea of blackness until it remained no more.

"I always know what you are up to, Naraku..."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

Kagome sighed and plopped herself down upon an old rickety bench, her raven hair blowing in the breeze. Around her, dry leaves cascaded down like an April shower. She set her backpack down next to the bench and propped Sesshoumaru into a sitting position beside her. They were sitting in a park.

Her mind was swimming with the events that had just transpired. The shop, Rii, the yelling. She had to admit, she was pretty pissed because she had not obtained her goal and she was even angrier that the eccentric Rii denied her up-front of that goal. He had kicked her out, kicked her out!

"Get your bag and go my ass..." she mumbled under her breath. Kagome closed her eyes and inhaled, exhaling the air in a clean swoop of her mouth. There was no sense in getting angrier, what was done was done. That just meant she'd have to try even harder.

She turned her head to the left of her, resting her eyes upon Sesshoumaru's sitting form. He hadn't caused any trouble at all. In fact, she had almost forgotten about him until she realized she was still carrying something. She'd have to thank him later for his cooperation.

"Well, we didn't accomplish anything today," she said aloud, leaning back against the bench and stretching her legs.

Sesshoumaru quirked an eyebrow, cocking his head towards her.

"We?" he asked quietly. Kagome rolled her eyes and let out a tiny smile. Even though his humor was beyond believable and overall terrible, he still managed to at least cheer her up after her little soirée at the shop.

"I apologize your Highness," she mocked, flailing her hands about into the air. Kagome yawned and looked out into the horizon. Judging by the alignment of the sun, she could discern that it was almost close to 5:00, right around the setting of the sun.

"Hey, Sesshoumaru?" she said quietly, turning her body so that she faced him. He wasn't looking at her, instead watching how the tree's swayed in and out with the lingering breeze.

"Did you know him, Rii I mean?" she asked slowly. She had been wondering if the two had known each other back at the shop, what with Rii's clear dislike of the doll she had in her arms.

'He was like that too when he first gave Sesshoumaru to me,' she thought, pondering on her newly discovered wonder. Kagome waited for an answer, but after a while, when none came she grew anxious.

"Well?" she asked again, scooting closer to him. She watched as he shifted due to her movement. Did he detest her that much?

"His voice," he whispered, his gaze still out in a daze. Kagome blinked once or twice. So, he liked Rii's voice then? She fought the urge to roll her eyes. Well, that didn't help her much.

She was growing impatient. He wasn't looking at her and it was fairly obvious that he was trying very hard to avoid looking at her. Did he know something that she didn't? Rii hadn't helped her at all with her questions so the only possible solution was to ask Sesshoumaru. She was fairly sure that he could probably piece some things together.

Kagome leaned over. She watched as his golden eyes flickered towards her, but they quickly dispersed. He really was trying to avoid her.

Kagome stretched out her hand, placing her fingers on the delicate porcelain that was his chin and gently forced him to look at her. She shivered at the cold contact.

"Look, if you have something to say then say it," she said aloud, although still gentle enough so that her voice was a steady, yet firm calm. "You can trust me, I promise." She tried desperately to obtain a firm lock on his eyes, but he still tried his best not to look at her.

"My business is of no concern to you," he said firmly, his silken tone drifting off into the air. Kagome inched back. It was as if someone had just slapped her. Here she was, trying her best to understand him and he returns the favor by telling her to butt out. Be it by God or the Devil as her witness, she wasn't going to take his sass! If you could call it sass.

"Hey! I own you, so I can do as I please!" she spat, trying her best to calm her anger. He was just so arrogant at times that she couldn't stand it! She shut her mouth abruptly as she felt him stiffen. Did she say something to make him upset?

'Yeah right, he can't feel emotion,' she thought. Her fingers were still gently gripping the nub of his chin; his body still against her flesh. His face, he had that mask again. That total look of blankness, as if no other expression could penetrate that stoic mask of inert lifelessness.

She was cut back from her thoughts when she felt the piercing ends of something very, very sharp. She looked down and saw that his claws had dug into her skin, tiny droplets of blood drizzling down her hand. She immediately grabbed her hand away, staring at the tiny puncture wounds imbedded into her flesh. She looked at him with disbelief, her brown eyes wide and searching for an answer as to why he had done what he had just done.

"Ow..."

oh, that Fluffeh-sama!! I wouldn't mind if he hurt me...in ways that I can not speak of since they are very...naughteh 0.oThank you for reading this far my peoples and I'm so glad that all of you guys enjoy it this much!!! All I ask in return is for a lil' review, pwease...

Disclaimer: Rumiko Takahashi owns everything, even my Fluffeh-sama. Although, I'm kinda' glad that I don't own him because I'd probably use him...for my own distorted purposes 0.o
Sign up to rate and review this story