Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > The Best of Friends

Shopping

by Joal_Hilary 9 reviews

15 year old Jayde Mathews and 32 year old Jane Mathews move from Australia to Waldorf, Maryland. Jayde starts at La Plata high school and befriends Benjamin Combs. Read and review please.

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-05 - Updated: 2007-04-05 - 1022 words

0Unrated
Chapter 17: Shopping

Jayde Pov

I smiled as Benji and I walked home from school, he pulled me into his chest and kissed me lightly on the fore head, "I love you Jayde."
"I love you too."

"Can't I come with you to get your dress, I hate being apart from you."
"Benji No! I hate being apart from you too, but I want it to be a surprise anyway Kalyn, Katie and mum would not let you go with me, even if you tried. Aren't you going shopping with Billy?"
"Yeah, he is coming to meet me soon."
"Oh shit, I have to get back to the house Mum and I are going to pick up Katie from the airport."
"Okay you want me to run home with you?"
"No you wait here for Billy."

I stood on my tip toes and kissed Benji lightly on the lips and ran off screaming "I'm getting married!"

I ran into the house and mum met me at the door with her coat and hat in hand "Just in time Jayde."

Mum and I quickly got in the jeep and drove to the airport.

"Are you alright mum?"
"Yeah, I'm okay, why?"
"You just seem a bit distant."
"WELL I FINE ALRIGHT!"
"Okay, mum."
"I'm sorry, it's just your dad is at me all the time."
"I know mum, I'm sorry I'll drop it."

Mum puts on a smile and we walk into the airport.

"JAYDE!!!"
"KATIE!"

I run to Katie and hug her "I've missed you so much."
"I've missed you too."
"Hey Katie."
"Jane?"

Katie gives mum a hug and I pick up her bags and carry them to the jeep. Katie has Purple hair, Grey eyes and is 5'4.


"So Jayde are you ready for some major wedding shopping?"
"Yep."

On the drive back to Waldorf Katie and I continued talking about everything, and mum sat in the front smiling.

I was so pleased she was smiling.

"Oh Jayde I am so looking forward to meeting your Fiancée."
"You'll love him."
"Hey are we going to the mall now?"
"Yep, hope you don't mind, we are meeting the other bridesmaid; Kalyn there. We can drop your bags off after."
"That's fine Jayde."
"Good."

Mum pulled up at the mall car park and we all climbed out of the jeep and I ran to meet Kalyn.

"Hey Kalyn"
"Hi Jayde"

Kalyn is about 5'6, with mid length brown hair and green streaks, pale skin, and blue/green/grey eyes.

After introducing Katie and Kalyn to each other, we all walk into the mall and into a shop that sells wedding dresses. The sales assistant comes up to her and I immediately get a flash back of the assistant that called me fat IT IS THE SAME LADY!

I that she doesn't recognise me, I don't want her calling me fat infront of mum cause she will get really mad, all I wanted to do was buy a wedding dress is that to much to ask?

"Hello, welcome to Fifi's Bridal and brides maids gowns, how can I help you?"
"Well my daughter is getting married."
"Really oh well that's wonderful, which one is yours? (mum guestures to me) Ah, I have just the thing, wait there."

"Wow she seems nice."
"she is alright mum nothing amazing."

A minute later the awful lady came with a white dress with big white puffy sleeves, and a white bow around the waist and a long train. It was the ugliest thing I had ever seen and guess what size it was 14? I am a size 8, I was so annoyed!

"Sorry I don't think that will fit."
"But why I just guessed that you were a fourteen, I am dreadfully sorry, I can get a bigger size if you would like."
"I AM A SIZE 8 YOU BITCH, THAT DRESS IS THE UGLIEST DRESS I HAVE EVER SEEN AND IT WOULD MATCH YOU PERFECTLY! OH IM SORRY IT PROBABLY WOULDN'T FIT, YOU MIGHT NEED A BIGGER SIZE!"
"EXCUSE ME I think you should leave this store right now you rude brat!"
"Don't you dare call my daughter a brat and don't worry we wouldn't stay here any longer with this service."

Mum, Katie, Kalyn and I stormed out of the shop and sat out on the bench.

"Jayde, what was that?"
"I'm sorry, she has been rude to me before and I just can't stand her."
"I can understand that, now there is another weddings shop over there."

We all walk over to the store and as soon as we enter I spot the wedding dress of my dreams, I quickly grab it and run into the change rooms.

Meanwhile Katie, Kalyn and mum looked at a few bridesmaid dress before agreeing on a perfect dress, it was black, strapless and had a hot pink bow around the middle.

Mum, Katie and Kalyn got there sizes and ran to the change rooms.

We all came out at the same time and they stood in awe at me. My dress was elegant pure silk wedding dress, simple design shimmering plain silk material gathered across the waist to a point, displays classic lines that flow naturally as you walk. The material edge is bordered with a band 30mm [1 and 1/4 inch] wide encrusted with simulated pearls and glittering sequins to add that sparkle which is mirrored around the bust hem.

I loved there dresses also and I looked at mum who had tears coming down her face, I hugged her and she said "There is no doubt in my mind this is the perfect dress for you, you look beautiful."

"Yes Jayde you look awesome."
"So do you guys."

I gave Katie and Kalyn hugs and after changing back into our original clothes mum bought the dresses and we left the store and drove home.

a/n okay the next chapter will be the wedding I promise and if anyone would like a picture of the dresses if you give me your email address I'll email them to you.
All my love to my wonderful, amazing, outstanding reviewers:
Level27freak
BenjisRiotGirl79
xXxVIKKYxXx
Sign up to rate and review this story