Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Short, Fast, and Loud

One

by SugarPlumFaerie 1 review

It's a really short one, but here we go...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Romance - Published: 2007-04-06 - Updated: 2007-04-07 - 441 words

0Unrated
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/CrystalGreenlee/FOB/59957eb719d678b6e2368406d54801c6.jpg

1. They say quitters never win

He paced the empty room, his head down and the hood hiding most of his face. From the crazy cheers out in near the stage, anyone would have thought a smile would be pressed to his lips. But his teeth are nervously biting into his lips. At the moment, Pete is afraid.

Not because of the huge mass of fans huddled together waiting anxiously, not because his band was playing a new song, not because Patrick's voice was wavering outside the door. No.

Because she hadn't called back.

His fingers crushed his palms and he tried to calm himself down. But the struggled words and the look of sympathy crashed together is his mind. If only, if only. How did Pete know he'd blurt out those words to her? How was he to know her eyes would betray an emotion he never wanted to see?

Early this morning, she glanced up at him with sadness in her eyes and left without another word. Of course, Pete called and called her cell phone, but now it was nearing 9 without a word from her.

"Pete," a voice said through the door.

He didn't answer.

"I'm sorry, but we have to go. We can't delay it any longer," Patrick continued.

"A few more minutes."

"No."

"Patrick..."

He opened the door and saw the guys peering over Patrick's shoulder at him. With a sigh, he picked up his bass and followed them to the stage. Every step he took was a wish that she'd call right at that moment.

They were met with thunderous cheers, and Pete did his best to smile. With a few chords of "Saturday," he grinned, slashing at the bass with everything he felt.

Joe jumped around, but with none of his usual energy. Pete instantly felt worse as he stared out into the pit-all of those shining faces, the familiar faces who wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

The stage darkened, and as he grabbed a quick drink of water, Pete felt a tug on his sleeve.

Lips pressed against his face, words whispered into his ear.

The lights slowly came back on, and Pete grasped the microphone before him. "Is anyone ready to dance, dance?"

The crowd shrieked as a smile covered his face. One glance to the side of the stage let him know she was still there.

Patrick sang out "She says she no good with words but I'm worse..."

Her lips mouthed "I love you", and Pete was off again, no fear, just guts and heart.
Sign up to rate and review this story