Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Jesus' Brother Bob

Chapter 1

by horsie890 3 reviews

Chapter 1

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor, Parody - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero - Published: 2007-04-02 - Updated: 2007-04-02 - 512 words

0Unrated
Bob stared at the clock a few feet away from him, drumming his fingers on the table. His iPod was blaring in his ears, but he hardly noticed it. There were other things on his mind.

He completely missed the sound of the door opening, and was startled when a dazed - and possibly drunk - Frank walked by him. He watched silently as the guitarist opened the freezer to remove a bag of Skittles, replacing it with what looked like a plastic CD case. Bob closed his eyes for a second and actually listened to the mind-numbing song.

Frank sat across from him and stared at him, calling his name a few times. He suddenly stole one of the white earphones and placed it in his ear, smiling when he heard the song. It was one of his favorites.

"Skittle?" he asked the drummer, offering him one of the frozen candies. Bob declined, making no attempt to reclaim his lost earphone. Frank shrugged and poured half the bag of Skittles into his mouth. He noticed that Bob was ignoring him completely and immediately swallowed the candies, feeling his eyes water at the slight pain. That had been one of his less brilliant ideas.

"Something wrong?" Bob acted as if he hadn't heard anything. Frank responded by waving a hand in front of his face. The drummer snapped out of the trance and quickly snatched the earphone back from the guitarist. He really didn't feel like dealing with Frank's antics right now.

There was only one thought on his mind at the moment: Gerard. He was tired of Gerard getting all of the group's recognition. Sometimes it seemed like the singer had completely forgotten about him, let alone their former drummer. Bob figured they should at least have ended Matt's time with the group on good terms.

Was that going to be him someday? Would he end up forgotten and so easily replaced? "When the going gets tough, the drummer gets fired," as it is often said. That shouldn't have worried him; he was best friends with the other members. But it always stuck in the back of his mind.

He glanced at Frank, who had since passed out. Now he was certain the guitarist was drunk. Despite this, Bob almost felt jealous of him. Everyone liked him. He was definitely an important, irreplaceable part of the band. It would fall apart without him; either Frank and Ray were the guitarists, or there was no My Chemical Romance. Why didn't Bob feel that important?

Again he snapped back to reality, though this time it was because the song on his iPod had changed. He hadn't heard the tune in a long time, and usually listened to it when he needed a good laugh. A thought suddenly dawned on him, and an almost enlightened look appeared on his face as a plan began to form in his mind. He felt a strange electricity in his fingers, something that usually only happened just before their show started. This was possibly the greatest idea he'd ever had.
Sign up to rate and review this story