Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Jesus' Brother Bob

Chapter 2

by horsie890 0 reviews

Chapter 2

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-04-07 - Updated: 2007-04-08 - 712 words

0Unrated
"Hey, Mikey, could you help me with something?" Bob asked the bassist, who was currently scrutinizing their music choices for the trip ahead. They had a five-hour drive they weren't exactly looking forward to. The final showdown was between Anthrax and the Smashing Pumpkins.
"Decisions, decisions..." he mumbled incoherently. He looked up as Bob approached. "Don't tell me you need me to go grocery shopping with you again...you know I hate that," he said nervously, hiding both CDs behind his back and taking several steps away from Bob. The drummer shook his head.
"No, that's not it. I have an idea for our next show." Mikey sighed in relief.
"Such as?"
"Hey guys," called Frank as he entered the bus. "Have you decided on a CD yet, Mike? I was considering some of Green Day's finest, but I wanted to see what you had lying around," he said as he held up International Superhits!/. "And I can't find /Dookie anywhere! Forgive me, Billie Joe!" he cried to the ceiling. Mikey laughed and shook his head.
"Guys, can this wait? I have to ask a favor of you two, and Ray, if possible," said Bob.
"What is it?"
"I have an idea for our next show. See, I think Gerard's been letting the success go to his head lately..." Mikey and Frank listened to the plan. They started cracking up halfway through, despite Bob's efforts to keep them quiet. They wholeheartedly agreed to the plot and were sworn to secrecy. "I'll let Ray know. Whatever you do, don't breathe a word of it to Gerard. This is going to be good."
-
"How in the world did you come up with something like this, Bob?" Frank asked. "It's brilliant." Bob shrugged.
"I don't know, I heard another song by the group called 'The Happy Happy Birthday Song,' and when I went to find it on the Internet, I found this, too. I thought it was funny," he responded, lying back on his bed and throwing a tennis ball at the ceiling.
"It's more than funny. It's hilarious," said Mikey, sliding the Green Day disc into the CD player. They had found the long-lost CD of Dookie - in the freezer, oddly enough. For once Frank's snack habit of frozen Skittles had become useful.
"But I'm going to need a lot of help. I think at least one of you should act out some of the lyrics."
"Why one of us?" asked Ray as he replaced the strings on his guitar. One had snapped earlier - during practice, thankfully - and he decided it was their time to go.
"Because I'm going to have a hard enough time focusing on the words."
"I can help," said Frank, sitting up suddenly as if he had realized something. "I remember a lot of stories from the Bible."
"Frank, you've never struck me as the religious type," said Bob suspiciously. "How would you know something like that?"
"The same reason he knows how to tie a tie. Frankie went to Catholic school," said Mikey. Frank nodded vigorously with a huge grin on his face.
Just then, the bus's door opened. Gerard stepped onto it, followed closely by the bus driver and their manager.
"Alright, guys, I found him. He was at Starbucks," said Brian, sending Gerard to the back of the bus.
"Hey, at least I wasn't drunk like last time," the lead singer said with a slight frown. Brian spoke to the driver for a moment before taking his place on the couch to sleep, as he often did. Gerard walked toward his friends, who had become awkwardly silent at his arrival.
"Something wrong?" he asked, looking at each of them in turn. They shook their heads simultaneously, not speaking. He shrugged, grabbed his iPod off his bed, and went to the makeshift studio in the very back of the bus. The second he closed the door, the other four band members sighed in relief. Mikey was the first to speak.
"That was close." Bob threw the tennis ball at him. He caught it with one hand and threw it back, hitting the drummer squarely in the shoulder.
"You could have just handed it to me," Bob said, trying to sound hurt. Mikey smirked.
"Don't mess with bass players."
Sign up to rate and review this story